Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Rosé Colored Glasses

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I appreciate this take although I don't think anyone can speak to the operation of Erika's mind.  There's no accounting for anyone's likes or dislikes and I don't have a problem with anyone disliking Erika.  I just have an issue with people stating she knew or was complicit as if that is a fact when it is not proven to be fact.  People are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty of something, but that seems to go out of the window when viewers don't like someone.  All of this is a study in bias.  To have an easier time, the key is to be likable -- people will let you get away with so much if they like you.

I hear you. I do think people are biased for or against certain cast members and that plays into our assessments of them. I can see that happening with Garcelle in the opposite direction, for instance. She tends to get away with some shit-stirring behaviors because we generally like her. For example, I thought it was in really poor taste that she shaded Kyle in her speech as a recipient of a charity award but she didn't really get roasted for it here because we (myself included!) tend to like her and tend to dislike Kyle. If the situation had been reversed, Kyle would have been dragged for it for sure! 

That said, I didn't really hate Erika before all this went down. I didn't particularly like her, but it wasn't like I disliked her with a fiery passion. So, the way I feel about all of this has nothing to do with my prior feelings toward Erika. And, as I said in my post, I don’t think she knew what Tom was doing! But we know for sure that she knows *now* and it’s her behavior *now* -- behavior that we have seen with our own eyes-- that I find repulsive. 

3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, that's fair, since we all know she was the ONLY true victim in all of this...

In which case she does care about at least one victim, since she's incredibly concerned about what will happen to herself! 

Edited by ladle
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ladle said:

For example, I thought it was in really poor taste that she shaded Kyle in her speech as a recipient of a charity award but she didn't really get roasted for it here because we (myself included!) tend to like her and tend to dislike Kyle. If the situation had been reversed, Kyle would have been dragged for it for sure! 

Not saying people don't have favorites on here and that no one is ever harsh on Kyle, but for me personally, if all Kyle did was throw light shade, I wouldn't drag her. Considering the crazy stuff we've seen on the show-outing a sibling as an alcoholic, bullying the new girl on crutches, meltdowns over Barbie glam, pushing out a grieving woman, bullying someone to talk about her sex life, putting your hands on a woman and telling her she's lying about having miscarriages, Garcelle's wrongs are just so insignificant. I don't watch Housewives to see Mother Teresa types, but I like watching good people. Garcelle comes across as the most kindhearted in the whole cast imo. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Not saying people don't have favorites on here and that no one is ever harsh on Kyle, but for me personally, if all Kyle did was throw light shade, I wouldn't drag her. Considering the crazy stuff we've seen on the show-outing a sibling as an alcoholic, bullying the new girl on crutches, meltdowns over Barbie glam, pushing out a grieving woman, bullying someone to talk about her sex life, putting your hands on a woman and telling her she's lying about having miscarriages, Garcelle's wrongs are just so insignificant. I don't watch Housewives to see Mother Teresa types, but I like watching good people. Garcelle comes across as the most kindhearted in the whole cast imo. 

I…don’t disagree with any of this. Garcelle is by far the best human being in this cast and Kyle can be awful. Like, it’s not even a contest between the two because the chasm is so wide. 

However, I do stand by my comment that if Kyle had thrown shade at Garcelle while onstage accepting an award from a charity, a lot of people would have had a lot to say about it. Maybe not you specifically! But a lot of people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, ichbin said:

Yes, a nice contradiction  to some of the somewhat vacuous appearing offspring of some other housewives.  This comes from raising a child to be successful rather than simply famous.

I know, right!  On the rare occasion that I do mention it I find myself being looked at like I am undergoing reevaluation. 

I think it is reeks of desperation to maintain relevance combined with some OTT acting that seems to have been influenced by some weak community theater. 

He seems like one of the last people who would make that kind of appearance on this kind of show.   

I have a guess about that. When the shit hit the fan regarding Tom I can see Sutton being concerned about how her association with Erika might land and that she might have talked to production about that.  I can totally imagine a scenario where production could have manufactured that sit-down under the guise of addressing concerns with rest of the cast.  

As for mellancamp, he did perform for some of the wives in aspen on nye. It was on social media. So it could be…

• Useful 2
On 8/6/2022 at 5:36 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Why do you think Sutton hasn't had any Botox and/or surgery?   I'd bet a paycheck she's at least on the injectables.  She just has a better doctor than those RH have have turned their faces into clown masks like Rinna or unrecognizable like Erika.  

Of course she has and there is no shame in it. There are plastic surgeons even in Beverly Hills that specialize in very natural cosmetic work.  My very affluent friend has had numerous procedures and she doesn’t look unnatural but just good for her age. But she specifically selected doctors who were known for their natural outcomes and she also isn’t trying to look 30 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, njbchlover said:

image.png.d27222d816d8a937496717f4f13c4f73.png

Off topic, but WOW she's doing some kind of contortion to hide that she's taller than him!  "Bend your front leg...bend your back leg...sink your left hip down...tilt your head" 😆

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 5
On 8/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, ladle said:

I don't think Erika knew what Tom was doing until the end. My husband is a lawyer and while I 100% trust that he'd never pull a Tom Girardi, he could totally be bilking people and I would never know it. We talk about the broad strokes of our jobs but I have no clue what he does in his day-to-day operations. And one might say, "Well, Erika admitted to being a part of firm business." Ehh. Over the years I've co-signed tons of documents (when we bought a home, etc.) that I only reviewed in a really cursory way because my husband is a lawyer and I trust him. Was that stupid? Maybe. But I can easily believe Erika (much like Teresa Giudice) kind of just... signed a bunch of things. (Which maybe makes her legally culpable but is different from saying she was "involved" or "knew" what was happening.)

That said: Erika is still completely complicit because, after the fact, she has shown virtually no sympathy for the victims, she has made no attempts at remuneration and, nay, has done everything she can to hold onto her wealth even while knowing where it comes from and has even flaunted it grotesquely. That is why I condemn Erika. 

Maybe she really didn’t want to know care. As long as the money was there, that’s all that mattered. I was watching the reruns this morning (8/10), and she was rehearsing for her “national tour” with “creative director” (now wardrobe minder) Mikey, and she was going on in a TH about how fantastic her life was. Then she admitted that it “helps” to have an unlimited checkbook. She knew the money had to be coming from somewhere to pay for that mausoleum, the PJs, the travel, etc. But that was Tom’s business. Keep that cash comin’ honey.

I totally agree that what ultimately damns Erika is her defiant attitude, and her utter disregard for the people whose money paid for her playtime and playthings, too. She may not have fully known at the time, but once she found out? She has shown NO remorse, let alone sympathy for people who relied on and trusted her husband. Instead, we get the utter gall of her saying that it’s HER life that’s burning down.

Really? There are many people out there who would loudly disagree with her. Unfortunate choice of words, or just one more insult to the real victims?

She’s vile and totally irredeemable in my book. Never seen a more callous and cold specimen.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
On 8/7/2022 at 6:45 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Wasn't the daughter on during Sutton's first season?  I remember Rinna meeting her and suggesting they get their daughters together, lol.   Sutton's talking head response was hilarious, something like, "I don't think that will be happening." 

What's up with the chicken salad in Beverly Hills?  Last season Kathy invited Kyle to lunch and had the housekeeper/maid whatever serve them Ritz crackers and chicken salad (on TV trays lol.)  This week Sutton's serving her kids chicken salad on Wonder bread (I didn't know they still made that lol.) 😉

Do the kids live with Sutton?  I figured they probably do and that's why we don't see much of the inside of her house - especially the last one. 

I think the girl had probably turned 18 at that point because as I recall she was already in college. That was the first sighting. 

I would imagine the kids live with Sutton. I think Sutton has been between permanent homes for much of each seasons but I think we saw a bit of the homes.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

SERIOUS about TM'ing the "pretty mess dungeon." Umm it isn't clever at all, Erika. You're just corny as hell & saying "some good di**" over and over isn't making you controversial or hot or any of that.  You're a slob. My advice is save your $$ because no amount you invest in any business endeavor is going to amount to anything.  It'll make you even more broke. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

On the unseen footage rehash - Did everyone catch Rinna confessing to Garcelle  that HarryHamlin never wanted/needed/asked for extra special THANKS for the stupid sauce?  More fanning the flames that are constantly lighting Rinna’s lying pants afire🔥

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

On the unseen footage rehash - Did everyone catch Rinna confessing to Garcelle  that HarryHamlin never wanted/needed/asked for extra special THANKS for the stupid sauce?  More fanning the flames that are constantly lighting Rinna’s lying pants afire🔥

I always skip these episodes so that I don't have to rewatch them right away. Maybe I should be watching them?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I always skip these episodes so that I don't have to rewatch them right away. Maybe I should be watching them?

Yes, it might be a good idea to add them! You can always fast fwd to the added scenes.

There was more of Kyle yanking Sutton around than they showed in the Garcelle party eppy, and there have been other times when the extra scenes showed more of the situation than what the actual episode did.

Last episode, the preview showed Rinna saying "People think I'm a real bitch" and Sutton responds "You ARE", but I just watched the episode and that bit wasn't in there! I don't know if that made it to the extra scenes or not?

It's annoying when the previews aren't in the actual episode. They need a different editing company or something.

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Yes, it might be a good idea to add them! You can always fast fwd to the added scenes.

There was more of Kyle yanking Sutton around than they showed in the Garcelle party eppy, and there have been other times when the extra scenes showed more of the situation than what the actual episode did.

Last episode, the preview showed Rinna saying "People think I'm a real bitch" and Sutton responds "You ARE", but I just watched the episode and that bit wasn't in there! I don't know if that made it to the extra scenes or not?

It's annoying when the previews aren't in the actual episode. They need a different editing company or something.

I remember seeing Erika say something like 'What's in this sh*t?' while holding Rinna's wine, and they cut to Rinna's face, but I don't remember seeing this in the actual episode.

All I can say is they 'meredith's-breastplated it out'. 😡

• LOL 5
On 8/4/2022 at 11:38 PM, RealHousewife said:

t would be one thing if she occasionally said naughty things to get a laugh, but she talks like that nonstop. People around my age and younger do curse a lot, but there's still a difference between things like "fuck it" and "dick is great."

That's part of her act though - saying vulgar thing in that matter-of-fact tone as if she's announcing the price of bread.  Remember she started out here explaining the value of the word "c**t" and how she loved being one, in that same deadpan tone 🙄

On 8/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm sure Erika enjoyed the OTT lifestyle while it lasted, but I can't imagine being truly happy deep down in a marriage like that. We all need love, and it's not like Erika has a ton of family and friends. She said Tom was more or less her world. That sounds so lonely to me, no wonder she was depressed even then. 

And he treated her like a child who had to "behave" in certain ways and was "not allowed" to behave in others.  And he had no problem shushing her in front of people when she talked.  She did earn her ill-gotten gains.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, princelina said:

That's part of her act though - saying vulgar thing in that matter-of-fact tone as if she's announcing the price of bread.  Remember she started out here explaining the value of the word "c**t" and how she loved being one, in that same deadpan tone 🙄

And he treated her like a child who had to "behave" in certain ways and was "not allowed" to behave in others.  And he had no problem shushing her in front of people when she talked.  She did earn her ill-gotten gains.

She earned non ill gotten gains from her marriage, 

She DID NOT earn any of Tom’s ill gotten gains.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

She earned non ill gotten gains from her marriage, 

She DID NOT earn any of Tom’s ill gotten gains.

I'm not being snarky at all here when I say that I'm not sure what you mean?

• Love 1
Just now, princelina said:

I'm not being snarky at all here when I say that I'm not sure what you mean?

Well, because I had extraneous words.

You said that Erika earned her I’ll-gotten gains. She definitely worked and suffered as Tom’s wife and thus earned her share of Tom’s legal income.

Unfortunately, they have both been living off money what wasn’t legally there’s - thus I’ll- gotten gains, which neither were entitled to.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, BusyOctober said:

Well, we knew she used Harry as an excuse to attack Sutton.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

Erika is so crass. I don't give a chit about all the alleged sex she's having. Maybe she hasn't had any in a coupla decades and is making up for lost time, but I feel like she talks about it for shock value (no duh, right? lol). 

She has some nerve telling Garcelle that Sutton is a liability. Like Erika herself isn't an actual liability to be connected to. I'm glad Garcelle stood up to her about it. And I'm glad she told Erika they need to give it a rest when it comes to Sutton.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3