Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E09: Eviction #3

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, TimWil said:

And Terrance proves he’s an utter waste of space again. Didn’t he get the memo he should be joining either Taylor/Nicole or Daniel/Tyler?

This will actually help Save Joseph/Monte if the other side wins HOH and they get put up.  In this scenario, The Leftovers would have 5 votes - from Kyle, Turner, Michael, Brittany, Taylor and vote out Terrance.

If they won HOH, the other side would only have 4 votes to evict.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thestorm said:

This will actually help Save Joseph/Monte if the other side wins HOH and they get put up.  In this scenario, The Leftovers would have 5 votes - from Kyle, Turner, Michael, Brittany, Taylor and vote out Terrance.

If they won HOH, the other side would only have 4 votes to evict.

Good for the Leftover.  Bad for Terrance.  

Man, watching Taylor try so hard not to cry - and ultimately fail - was so rough. I am sure she was expecting "nothing personal we just don't talk game" to be the end of it, and Turner behaved like a grownup with a functioning moral compass on her behalf. So now, Turner/Taylor for F2,  and it sucks that Nicole/Daniel aren't besties so they could both be on the block at once. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

Somehow it was all...anti climatic. The Leftovers had a plan, they stuck to it and Ameerah left and no fireworks only Nicole and Alyssa gaping like fish out of water.

Nicole looks stupid now for revealing her secret for nothing and Daniel as well for unwittingly voting for Ameerah which he will have to explain to Nicole.

Julie loses points for not asking what Ameerah whispered to Jasmine.

Next week I want someone other than Michael winning the veto...anymore of that and its going to the well one time to many.

INVITATION looks dreadful. Late August is long been a dumping ground for flicks studios have no faith in...January too.

Nicole and Ameerah on THE AMAZING RACE...wonder if there is any truth to that being possible.

I really don't like this whole besties twist and the players don't seem to like it either...I've seen happier people at funerals than Joe and Monty when Terrance joined them as a bestie. Bring back a twist that was at least fun like a secret twin switching in and out.

Have decided I don't really like Brittany at all...can't put my finger on it but I firmly believe she's only in the Leftovers because of Michael. There was one shot where they were all gathered around and she was outside the circle like she wasn't even there. Swap her out for Indy and I would be happy.

• Love 1

Among the most deeply satisfying and genuine eviction eps evah. 

Ameerah did not expect this - other than to have the inescapable discomfort of even the possibility of getting booted.  

Her bending over past Chenbot to study the leftovers wall was as good as BB gets.  She was utterly flummoxed.  

Major props to JCM for mocking her by repeating the "easy game" quotes.   There was a real sense that she felt she was upholding the honor (credibility) of her most cherished TV job.  Again - genuine human emotion coming from a real moment.  Ever so rare on BB shows.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I just wanted to reiterate that Turner's veto speech, juxtaposed with Taylor's reaction of trying to hold it together, is one of  my very favorite scenes on this show ever. My other one, obviously for different reasons, is "who wants cake?" from Keesha's birthday. 

Edited by vb68
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 8

I do not believe Ameerah had any idea of what was about to happen. Yes, she was dressed up, but she knew she was in the hot seat and wanted to look good for the cameras. That’s all. If she thought she was leaving, Alyssa, Jasmine and Indy would have had an inkling,too. And they were utterly gobsmacked. Ameerah was simply able to regain her composure faster than the others.

Terrance made a terrible choice. If his trio goes on the block, he is easily the most expendable. He should have gone with Alyssa/ Indy, Daniel/ Nicole, or any other duo that contains a non-Leftover. Turner/ Jasmine would have worked, too. I think he was going for a strong duo that had the ability to win comps, but if that were the case, why not Michael/ Brittany? Michael has won all the comps,and Terrance probably ranks above Brittany in popularity. But then again, does Terrance actually know who the Leftovers are? If he’s in the dark, maybe he did the best he could with the limited knowledge he has. Still doesn’t bode well for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Finally someone has the nerve to say to everyone on National TV "this dog piling is wrong".

Nicole's shock at Ameerah being evicted was very satisfying.

Edited by mertensia
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Jasmine is wearing a FRIGHTFUL amount of makeup! She is prettier without anything on her face.

Especially on her eyebrows... them things have a life of their own!

Nice work Turner.

I spent so much of this episode (as I said previously) waiting for The Plan to not go through somehow that I didn't get to really enjoy the blindside itself... though the idea of her bestie really being voted out whirring around in the void that is Alyssa's head was pretty choice.

AhMEerah almost sprained something patting her own back so hard at the end of that Chenterview.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

In tonight's eviction episode when they showed the POV ceremony and Turner made his speech.... I sensed the influence of production who I think got in his ear in the DR after Taylpr was so upset. 

• Love 1

I quit smoking thirteen years ago, but I could have used one after that eviction.

I'm still stunned I'm somehow rooting for Turner, Monte, Kyle, and Joseph. I already liked Michael and Taylor.

It was surprisingly mature of Turner to admit he's not been perfect with regards to piling on Taylor.

Did Daniel / Nicole acknowledge his veto speech directly? I'm not sure if they showed anything on the show.

Lol at Monte's "I'm shocked...shocked that they're buying it!" Ha. It's never good to get cocky in the game (*coughAmeerah*) but the Leftovers should celebrate their win. Nice poker faces all around.

Could Indy be more invisible on this show so far? 

Shut up Daniel, you mean little troll, and shut up Nicole. And bless her heart, Jasmine and her goshgollydurn attention-seeking voice can also just hush. You could see the moment she turned it up for Julie before she voted.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LoveLeigh said:

In tonight's eviction episode when they showed the POV ceremony and Turner made his speech.... I sensed the influence of production who I think got in his ear in the DR after Taylpr was so upset. 

Why are so many things in reality TV deemed producer driven? Yes, I know it happens. But, this is the go to so often. It needed to be said. Finally someone said it. Good on Turner.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Why are so many things in reality TV deemed producer driven? Yes, I know it happens. But, this is the go to so often. It needed to be said. Finally someone said it. Good on Turner.

Yes, it’s entirely possible that production asked Turner to lead a defense. It’s also entirely possible that Turner (along with some others) is actually a decent person who was bothered by the bullying he was witnessing*. Until I have proof of the former, I choose to believe the latter.

*This doesn’t mean his motives were entirely altruistic. He was smart enough to see that Taylor could be a good number for his alliance, and having her back could also mean having her vote. But that doesn’t mean his sentiments were fake. Compassion and gameplay can coexist.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Next week, I hope I see Monte go to the garbage duo and explain that, while Nicole was having her "oh noes, I'm such a competitor, how can I possibly not compete!" meltdown, Taylor thought she had gotten bad news about her mother, asked him to pray for her, and that everything she said after that was based on that assumption and trying to provide support - you know, since she was also affected by whatever Nicole decided to do. I want the garbage duo to feel like the garbage they are. However, this is BB, so even if if happened there's a good chance they won't show it. Also, I doubt either of them have the capacity for shame or personal reflection.

I did wonder if Ameerah knew something because of the way she was dressed, but everyone was so shocked, possibly not. Kadooz to the Leftovers for pulling it off without a hitch!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Wow Turner, best speech ever on this show. 

That, and the fact that Dr. Funkenstein has finally started to wash, I may like him yet.

Ameerah’s eviction had me thinking of Carrie, when the pig blood was splashed on her at the prom….it couldn’t have happened to a nicer HG, wink at that, heiffa!

Now if we can get Nicole, Daniel and the entitled Joan Crawford eyebrowed wannabe princess out one by one, all will be well in Yogibooboo’s world.

Kyle – Loathed him at first and while he needs to ease up on the OTT-ness, he’s turned into a devious little unemployed minx, me likey.

Joseph did not look happy at all when Terrance opted to bestie-festie with him and Monte.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

The eyebrows remind me of wooly bear caterpillars. 

Yes, and it's not like she has the misfortune of having eyebrows that look so odd. It's a CHOICE. She does it to herself, thinking it looks good!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, toomuchtv said:

First episode I was liking Nicole and hating Turner (the hair!). How things have changed.

Exactly.  I forgive Turner for the hair.  I am now an enormous fan.  He can grow it down to his feet for all I care.

Why do all have the castmates tell Julie she's beautiful?  Ugh, it's unbearable!  This is why Survivor is better.  Jeff only gets complimented once in a blue moon and almost faints every time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I kept thinking how fortunate it is that there will not be any returning hamsters.  If there were, we would never have got the Ameerah reactions with Chenbot since she could not be told any game info - like that beautiful wall of doom she examined.

Has CBS explained why they were so certain they would not bring anyone back?

3 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I kept thinking how fortunate it is that there will not be any returning hamsters.  If there were, we would never have got the Ameerah reactions with Chenbot since she could not be told any game info - like that beautiful wall of doom she examined.

Has CBS explained why they were so certain they would not bring anyone back?

Wonder if she noticed there were 7 leftovers including Turner who could not vote and wondered which of her allies turned on her?

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Yes good on Turner but I do not think he was the one who had the idea to do it. I think he was "the messenger." Were there any signs prior to the meeting that he was even going to do it? I think production subliminally pointed him in that direction. 

Edited by LoveLeigh

It was funny how Michael was crouched over picking up invitations and some had accumulated on his back...at least I don't suppose he was collecting them there because that does not make much sense.

I thought Brittany was smart to grab a whole bunch at once and go through them like she was sorting out the junk mail at home--and she was one of the three we saw win a spot before the show ended.  Certainly less tiring than bend and stand, bend and stand to open.  

And yes, that movie looks dreadful.  And why were they all wearing glasses?  I don't remember glasses in the movie trailer, but I couldn't be bothered to rewatch.  Of all things, though.  I assume the regular glasses-wearers got to wear their own.

I applaud Turner's veto speech but his nominations didn't really make any sense based on what he said. Neither Ameerah nor Terrance were the instigators in the bullying incident, as far as I know. Was he implying that Ameerah and Terrance were in on it?

Julie loses points for not asking what Ameerah whispered to Jasmine.

I think I heard her say something about shoes, or clothes - I don't think she packed everything because she didn't expect to go, and wanted Jasmine to pack the rest of her stuff.

But then again, does Terrance actually know who the Leftovers are? 

No, I don't think he does. Turner only told him he was safe. He didn't tell him why or who was voting to save him. 

It amuses me to think of how freaked out the people who voted to evict Terrance must be right now, realizing they are in the minority. Especially when they're not certain exactly who voted the other way.

So they came back from break basically just to promote a movie and about a minute of explanation for the prelude to the actual competition. Then another break.

That was utter bullshit. They could have at least shown the first part of the competition if they hadn't wasted a good chunk of airtime on that stupid movie.

Yes, Nicole is toxic, but Ameerah is pretty arrogant.   Hopefully neither will be on TAR.  

I'd be shocked if they wound up on TAR. Ameerah is third HG out the door and Nicole is nobody's favorite. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I applaud Turner's veto speech but his nominations didn't really make any sense based on what he said. Neither Ameerah nor Terrance were the instigators in the bullying incident, as far as I know. Was he implying that Ameerah and Terrance were in on it?

I took as him acknowledging that the house expected him to nom Nicole/Taylor, and it was his explanation as to why he wasn't doing that. So if those two were off the table, then his explanation of his noms (which couldn't obviously be stated as "to cut the head off the snake") became the more generic "we don't talk game."

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'd be shocked if they wound up on TAR. Ameerah is third HG out the door and Nicole is nobody's favorite. 

Not a fan, but they could end being on The Challenge USA with Taylor.  

CBS picked 3 women and 3 guys from BB23.

By process of elimination, the other BB24 women may not be good fits for this kind of extreme competition.

1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

And why were they all wearing glasses?

I figured it was so someone didn’t get a scratched cornea from looking up into the sky and getting whammed in the eye by an envelope.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

And yes, that movie looks dreadful. 

I'm actually a big fan of Nathalie Emmanuel and Thomas Doherty.  They're both so hot.  I will definitely watch that movie, LOL.

And yes, that movie looks dreadful.  And why were they all wearing glasses?  I don't remember glasses in the movie trailer, but I couldn't be bothered to rewatch.  Of all things, though.  I assume the regular glasses-wearers got to wear their own.

Like mojoween said it had to have been for safety and it looked like even the glasses wearers were wearing the exact same pair as everyone else.

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why do all have the castmates tell Julie she's beautiful?

It's usually one HG that goes with the 'tell Julie how beautiful she looks' approach. For some reason it seems most have taken up the charge this year. I did find it odd last night. Also odd? How is it that there's always at least two 'happy birthday' shout-outs every week? I think there were four or five last week and I think I caught three this week.

I thought Brittany was smart to grab a whole bunch at once and go through them like she was sorting out the junk mail at home--and she was one of the three we saw win a spot before the show ended.

I agree this seemed to be a good rational approach. People that stayed hunched over the piles were just ripping and tossing the offending non-winner down in front of them. I kept thinking that as it winds down people are going to regret that approach. The 'duds' will possibly be covering up a winning envelope and the final searchers are going to really have to scramble and dig around for unopened letters under the piles of rejects.

44 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I figured it was so someone didn’t get a scratched cornea from looking up into the sky and getting whammed in the eye by an envelope.

I kept thinking of someone catching a corner of an invite right in the eye. They were releasing them in a way that made them 'float' down instead of whirling in circles on their way down. This would increase the chance that the comp went down safely but the glasses were a good call. I wonder if the guys had to put their contacts in? We missed out on more squishy sound effects!

Speaking of sound effects I'll be the one this week to complain about the goddam squeaky cart sounds of Jasmine's cart. This. Must. Stop. It wasn't funny or clever the first time around and keeping up the joke just makes it more grating on my nerves. Just let it go sound peeps.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why do all have the castmates tell Julie she's beautiful?  Ugh, it's unbearable!  

I think I read somewhere that they can’t even see Julie when they’re in there. If this is true, it makes the fake flattery even more obnoxious.

I wish someone would tell them to knock it out with all the shoutouts to people at home, too. If you want to wish someone a happy birthday, or tell your fourth cousin, your neighbor and your hairstylist’s dog that you love them and miss them and can’t wait to see them again, do it on Feeds. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

If Jasmine is going to compliment Julie using some strange deeply accented homily every time she votes, THAT may be what finally causes me to give up this show.

Agree!!

Did anyone notice that Julie responded in kind to EVERY HG who told her how lovely she looked, even  the men, except for Jasmine?!

Edited by lilysmom
54 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I wish someone would tell them to knock it out with all the shoutouts to people at home, too. If you want to wish someone a happy birthday, or tell your fourth cousin, your neighbor and your hairstylist’s dog that you love them and miss them and can’t wait to see them again, do it on Feeds. 

One thing that makes Michael so appealing is that he doesn't do that. He might know how annoying most BB watchers find it.

• Love 2

The only use of post-voting comments I'd approve of would be if they calmly turned to the camera and said 'And don't forget to love one another' while pointing toward us at home. They'd also instantly become my favorite houseguest ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm actually a big fan of Nathalie Emmanuel and Thomas Doherty.  They're both so hot.  I will definitely watch that movie, LOL.

Like mojoween said it had to have been for safety and it looked like even the glasses wearers were wearing the exact same pair as everyone else.

I thought I saw Michael wearing his regular pair of glasses?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I thought Brittany was smart to grab a whole bunch at once and go through them like she was sorting out the junk mail at home

It was more practical. Yet, she finished those envelopes and had to resort to squatting.

4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Yes. Safety reasons. You gotta be extra cautious when Jasmine is participating.

3 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Agree!!

Did anyone notice that Julie responded in kind to EVERY HG who told her how lovely she looked, even  the men, except for Jasmine?!

Julie was too stunned to speak after being compared to a full rack of ribs!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

ETA: I guess I read her wrong.  I am clearly the only one who doesn't like Taylor. I will watch tomorrow with an open mind about her.

Am I the only one who hates Taylor?
Taylor is so self unaware that she brings on the hate herself.  The I-am-in-desperate-need-of-male-attention fashion show would raise eyebrows and rub most people the wrong way. She is all about wanting people to think that she cares sooooo much. Asking Monte to pry for Nicole...Why can't she pray for Nicole herself? She just wanted to show everyone how caring she was.  Going in to talk to Nicole in front of everyone was to show how caring she was not to actually comfort Nicole. She didn't even know what was wrong with Nicole and acting on her assumption is a huge social mistake. She could have told her that she would be there for her if she needed to talk and offer her a hug.  To say that it is OK if you quit shows that maybe Taylor wants her to quit and also that Taylor thinks that Nicole needs her permission to quit.  It doesn't take huge social skills to realize that this was the wrong thing to say in this moment. She is the queen of blubbering in public, playing the victim and making everyone feel sorry for her. After I watched her into video I told my whole family that she is going to have trouble making female friends.  My guess is that she has been unable to learn from her social mistakes and is a social outcast in every aspect of her life.  She is all about herself and her attempts to seem caring fall flat because they are fake.  Fake. Fake. Fake. 

Edited by LindaT