Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E09: Eviction #3

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

Yes good on Turner but I do not think he was the one who had the idea to do it. I think he was "the messenger." Were there any signs prior to the meeting that he was even going to do it? I think production subliminally pointed him in that direction. 

I just don't watch reality TV that way. I don't watch it trying to decipher the code of what's real and what's not. I don't see the point otherwise. If I don't for a fact something has been manipulated I won't say something is nor do I care to wonder.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Racj82 said:

I just don't watch reality TV that way.

Yeah, I think your point is similar to my reason for not keeping track of (or spend time watching) the live feeds. I'm good to roll with whatever they decide to present on the broadcasts. I don't need to know every detail so I can cry 'editing!' from the rooftops. IT's just not my jam.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Ya think that's the first time Julie has had a houseguest compare her looks to BBQ before?

BBQ?  Never before.

Now spare ribs, on the other hand….  😁

• LOL 3
(edited)

What does Nicole being an ex cop have to do with the game? The reveal to Terrance was like its a huge secret warranting a jaw drop but I didn’t get it. Is it for one of those comps on how well  do you know your co HGs?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LindaT said:

Am I the only one who hates Taylor?
Taylor is so self unaware that she brings on the hate herself.  The I-am-in-desperate-need-of-male-attention fashion show would raise eyebrows and rub most people the wrong way. She is all about wanting people to think that she cares sooooo much. Asking Monte to pry for Nicole...Why can't she pray for Nicole herself? She just wanted to show everyone how caring she was.  Going in to talk to Nicole in front of everyone was to show how caring she was not to actually comfort Nicole. She didn't even know what was wrong with Nicole and acting on her assumption is a huge social mistake. She could have told her that she would be there for her if she needed to talk and offer her a hug.  To say that it is OK if you quit shows that maybe Taylor wants her to quit and also that Taylor thinks that Nicole needs her permission to quit.  It doesn't take huge social skills to realize that this was the wrong thing to say in this moment. She is the queen of blubbering in public, playing the victim and making everyone feel sorry for her. After I watched her into video I told my whole family that she is going to have trouble making female friends.  My guess is that she has been unable to learn from her social mistakes and is a social outcast in every aspect of her life.  She is all about herself and her attempts to seem caring fall flat because they are fake.  Fake. Fake. Fake. 

The fashion show was actually at the other womens’ (well, probably not Nicole or Brittany) urging/suggestion.

I doubt that Nicole would have had that reaction if anyone other than Taylor had come up to Nicole to try to comfort her.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

What does Nicole being an ex cop have to do with the game? The reveal to Terrance was like its a huge secret warranting a jaw drop but I didn’t get it. Is it for one of those comps on how well  do you know your co HGs?

She thinks it puts her on par with Derrick, who was an undercover cop and would be so intimidating that it would make her a target.  Instead it was her arrogance and hatefulness that made her a target. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LindaT said:

Am I the only one who hates Taylor?
Taylor is so self unaware that she brings on the hate herself.  The I-am-in-desperate-need-of-male-attention fashion show would raise eyebrows and rub most people the wrong way. She is all about wanting people to think that she cares sooooo much. Asking Monte to pry for Nicole...Why can't she pray for Nicole herself? She just wanted to show everyone how caring she was.  Going in to talk to Nicole in front of everyone was to show how caring she was not to actually comfort Nicole. She didn't even know what was wrong with Nicole and acting on her assumption is a huge social mistake. She could have told her that she would be there for her if she needed to talk and offer her a hug.  To say that it is OK if you quit shows that maybe Taylor wants her to quit and also that Taylor thinks that Nicole needs her permission to quit.  It doesn't take huge social skills to realize that this was the wrong thing to say in this moment. She is the queen of blubbering in public, playing the victim and making everyone feel sorry for her. After I watched her into video I told my whole family that she is going to have trouble making female friends.  My guess is that she has been unable to learn from her social mistakes and is a social outcast in every aspect of her life.  She is all about herself and her attempts to seem caring fall flat because they are fake.  Fake. Fake. Fake. 

I'm one of those that liked Nicole in the first episode and did not like Taylor. 😆

I did think that Taylor was doing too much during the first week. Playing pool in her bikini with the boys while the other girls are hanging out together made her seem like a Pick Me Girl (to me!) The fashion show was egged on by the other girls, but it all started because Taylor (in my opinion!) was fishing for attention/compliments by trying on one of her gowns--another Pick Me move. Then they egged her on to try on more clothes.

However, I've grown to like her. She means no harm. Maybe she's just socially awkward and has trouble making friends.

I think she has said that she is not very religious, so praying for Nicole would not seem very genuine. She knows that Monte is religious and has faith in prayer, as she was there when Monte led the prayer circle for Paloma - so she asked Monte to pray for Nicole because she knew it would be sincere.

I like Taylor now. I'm glad she's been accepted into a group. She's not my fave HG, though. That honor goes to Veto-King, Michael.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah, I think your point is similar to my reason for not keeping track of (or spend time watching) the live feeds. I'm good to roll with whatever they decide to present on the broadcasts. I don't need to know every detail so I can cry 'editing!' from the rooftops. IT's just not my jam.

Eh. That’s not why I watch feeds. And I wouldn’t even say things have been manipulated this season to look different. It’s just like seeing an extended version. With extra weirdness. It’s fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 11:10 PM, 30 Helens said:

Terrance made a terrible choice. If his trio goes on the block, he is easily the most expendable. He should have gone with Alyssa/ Indy, Daniel/ Nicole, or any other duo that contains a non-Leftover. Turner/ Jasmine would have worked, too. I think he was going for a strong duo that had the ability to win comps, but if that were the case, why not Michael/ Brittany? Michael has won all the comps,and Terrance probably ranks above Brittany in popularity. But then again, does Terrance actually know who the Leftovers are? If he’s in the dark, maybe he did the best he could with the limited knowledge he has. Still doesn’t bode well for him.

Terrance doesn’t have a clue how to play the game or he’s not that bright 

I think I read somewhere that they can’t even see Julie when they’re in there. If this is true, it makes the fake flattery even more obnoxious.

They see her on the big screen in the living room, so I assume that's what they are referring to when they're in the DR complimenting her. Still kiss-ass though.

Going in to talk to Nicole in front of everyone was to show how caring she was not to actually comfort Nicole. She didn't even know what was wrong with Nicole and acting on her assumption is a huge social mistake.

? She didn't go talk to Nicole in front of everyone. Nicole was alone in the room. Ameerah came in mid-conversation. And Taylor is tied to Nicole because of this dumb Festie Bestie twist. The fact that she didn't even know why Nicole was crying is totally the point, she just wanted to let her know if she had to tap out it was fine with her, she was willing to accept whatever consequences that meant for her game. If she hadn't been Besties with her she wouldn't have said that, it wouldn't have mattered to her. 

Nicole's the hypocrite here, she was allegedly bawling her eyes out because she was going to have to throw a competition to get Taylor up on the block. She obviously couldn't tell that to Taylor so she got on her high horse about it and turned it all around on Taylor. I think on some level she knew she was being a hypocrite and doubled down on the defensive mode like most people who know they're in the wrong but can't admit it. 

Taylor's not my favorite HG and I think she's probably too low-key and "normal" for this game, but she did nothing to warrant this kind of attack. Nicole and Daniel are just assholes.

• Fire 1
  • Love 10

What entertains me the most about Nicole and her "integrity" and "inability to throw a competition" is that we have not seen her be the challenge monster she believes herself to be.  A lot of drama to insinuate her challenge greatness and yet it must still be in hiding (or is she throwing very single competition?).

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Nicole was so pained about her precious integrity that she breaks down weeping so the whole house can hear?? I really didn't understand that. Then her 'reveal' to Terrance to get this 'I'm a cop' secret she's been carrying off her shoulders? I think she has a radically inflated sense of her own worth in the game and in life. Honey, you ain't that special.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Nicole was so pained about her precious integrity that she breaks down weeping so the whole house can hear?? I really didn't understand that. Then her 'reveal' to Terrance to get this 'I'm a cop' secret she's been carrying off her shoulders? I think she has a radically inflated sense of her own worth in the game and in life. Honey, you ain't that special.

I can’t imagine sitting there and Nicole dropping her BIG secret that she was a cop for 10 years and then having to act like “OMG wow you’re kidding, that’s amazing blah blah” while inside feeling like “uh ok, so what?” 🤔

Nicole must have been a lousy cop the way she over reacted, completely misunderstood and took umbrage with Taylor’s innocent comment. 🙄

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 7/29/2022 at 11:43 AM, thestorm said:

Not a fan, but they could end being on The Challenge USA with Taylor.  

CBS picked 3 women and 3 guys from BB23.

By process of elimination, the other BB24 women may not be good fits for this kind of extreme competition.

You mean Jasmine wouldn't be a good fit?

• LOL 4