Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Love Is To Die

I have a feeling this "reminder" Hoyt's going to get is somehow a reversal of his glamouring. If that's even possible. But knowing the writers, it probably is.

TIIC have ignored previous glamoring incidents before, most notably Eric glamoring Alcide into being repulsed by Sookie (LOL!) to keep him away while they were dating. I was actually surprised that Hoyt's has apparently stuck.

• Love 1

This show is so bad now. I almost want to watch the first season again just to see what the hell I was thinking. I don't think I will. I bet The Vampire Diaries is better. I bet General Hospital is better. They can't be any worse.

• Love 3

I was honestly terrified that they were going to kill Pam off. So glad they didn't do that one of the few characters I still really care about.

I've always enjoyed the bill and Jessica relationship it was beautiful and heartbreaking to see bill release her. Not that thrilled with the Jessica/Hyot reunion or the Bridget/Jason developments. I'm not opposed to either relationship, it just seemed too quick and to neatly tied up even for a final season.

I was really annoyed when Sookie showed up at Sam's house I like that he is getting his happily ever after. However, I felt like Sookie just ran to him as soon as bill turned her away. I always hated the way she treated Sam.

I still enjoy the Bill/Eric friendship, I find their scenes together very entertaining. Tonight's talk was well dome and I like how they ended things.

• Love 3

Don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm going to miss the supporting characters.

Pam, Jessica, Arlene, Andy, Lafayette, Holly, Jason.  Especially Jason. 

I could give a shit about Sookie and whether nor not she screws Bill or Eric or Tim or whoever.  I don't give a shit about Bill and his Ante-Bellum flashbacks.  "Oh, I'm an impossibly hot looking vampire man who lost his family.  Boo hoo".  Could have been worse, Bill.  You could have looked like Nosferatu.  Be like Eric and embrace the shit.  Whoops.  You're dying.  More angst to watch.

But, Ginger achieved her dream of having sex with Eric.  And how it played out was so absolutely perfect.

• Love 8
TIIC have ignored previous glamoring incidents before, most notably Eric glamoring Alcide into being repulsed by Sookie (LOL!) to keep him away while they were dating.

Sookie figured out what Eric did and un-glamoured him the very next morning. A lot of people forget this for some reason. Goes to show how interesting Alcide/Sookie scenes are, I guess.

This episode was a bit slow, which was okay because it was supposed to be the calm before the storm aka the finale. But it doesn't seem like there was a whole lot we were actually setting up to finish next week. Will Bill die? Will Bill live? Do I care? And ... that's about it.

Not sure how I feel about Hoyt and Jessica seemingly getting back together all end-game-y. I understand Jessica's point about how she was very new and immature when they were first together, never had time to figure out who she was, and she has a clearer sense of everything she is and what she wants and what she's capable of, both the good and the very, very bad, blah blah blah. This time, she isn't bogged down by the sense that she is being held back. But. Was that really what their big problem was, or all it was? There is still the pesky matter of the fact that he is a human who will age and die and she is a vampire who will live forever. There's a reason human/vampire romances never really work out in the literal long run unless the human is turned. I don't really see how Hoyt and Jessica's relationship is really any better an idea than it was the first time around.

That said, Deborah and Jim have mad chemistry together.

Also, thank you, Bridget, for being able to come within ten feet of Jason Stackhouse and still have no desire to jump his bones. Thank you, show, for not going there. Though I must say, Jason's phone conversation with the airline rep had me wanting to agree to anything he said about anything ever.

Oh, and Ginger finally getting her chance to take a ride on the Northman Express and lasting all of three seconds? Awe. Some. And Eric's just looking at her sliding and writhing on the floor all, "Uh ... was that it? Huh. Okay, then. Happy to help. See ya later." This may be the greatest sex scene the show ever did.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 4

I am glad Sam made the right choice and left town. I honestly feel like he was not on much this season. 

I could have lived without the Eric and Ginger sex scene lol. I enjoyed his conversation with Bill and was stunned when Bill mentioned all the bad stuff he had done to Sookie.

I knew Eric would save Pam and I hope they get a happy ending.

It was nice to see Jessica and Hoyt get together again. 

I'm betting Bill's a goner. I'll take an outside shot, saying that he experiences daylight and ashes out, as opposed to becoming Dude Pudding. It would be lovelier that way.

I was laughing hard at Jason tonight. He's just so . . . Jason, y'know? I'm not surprised he took some frozen peas to the nuts, because he's got the power. Only instead of Sookie's occasional Hadouken, he can have any woman he wants. And he has to tell Bridget that he's not going to have sex because he can't trust himself. Oh, and he's got the power to survive a concussion. Good to know.

Good for Sam winning, though that probably leaves a power vacuum which . . . fuck it, do we really care who's mayor this late in the run? I don't. Run, Sam! Don't come back!

Anybody else feel that Arlene and Lafayette should take their act on the road? They'd be so cute together a supportive team.

Wow . . . Ginger snapped. Good for Eric to throw her a bone, though she probably won't remember much about it.

I'll be here next week . . . I figure that I can always record the hour of the VMAs that I'll miss. I've been with the show through thick and thin, and I want to see how everything ends.

• Love 1

Hoyt and Jessica's reunion was very sweet, but I ffd through the Jason/Bridgett stuff.  Surprised that they didn't have sex, but not surprised to see them together, even if they were just hanging out.

Was there any purpose in Pam dyeing Sarah's hair, other than the obvious callback to season two?  Actually, there were several callbacks tonight; Bill calling on Sookie, Eric calling Sookie Miss Stackhouse, etc.

Thank you Pam, for bringing the opening scene to tolerable levels.  Between Sookie slapping Bill and Jessica cursing, it was like watching Dynasty.  I lol'd when Sookie went to Eric for comfort, despite not giving a shit that he had been healed.

Still, this was better than last week.  At least Sookie, Jason, and Bill owned up to their stupid shit over the years (Bill's treatment of Sookie, Sookie's treatment of Alcide, and Jason's part in the Hoyt/Jessica breakup) because things are coming to a close.  Glad Sam left and that wasn't dragged out any more.  Did they even say why Sookie went to his house?  He could have just left the letters in their mailboxes or at Bellefleur's.

Ginger and Eric's sex scene was hilarious, and glad Ginger finally got the romp she'd been dreaming of.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 1

Gosh that felt so loooonnnggg!  I looked at the clock a few times during the episode.

Poor Eric.  Always stuck in a stupid situation, usually involving Sookie, that then only gets worse when real issues hit.  Hope Pam is okay!  But, his scene with Ginger was just too funny.  One of the few well played parts of the episode.  (shallow) Skarsgard with tussled up hair is too hot (/shallow)

Bill is just exhausting.  "Get over yourself", indeed.  His reasoning:  He's gonna allow himself to die, so Sookie can move on with her life and find love because she won't if he's around?!  Really?!  STFU, dude.

Nice to see Jessica, James and Laf find some peace, but there wasn't much emotional payoff.

Interesting to see the Hoyt/Jess/Jason/Bridget thing play out.  I don't know if I'm with them or not, but Parrack and Woll have some chemistry.  Kwanten does Jason's stupidity/skirt chasing/vunerability such justice.  He always rises above stupid storylines and even dumber lines. 

I enjoyed seeing Arlene happy and Sam walking away from Bon Temps.  It felt nice to have those punching bag characters get to a good place.

• Love 1

Not sure how I feel about Hoyt and Jessica seemingly getting back together all end-game-y. I understand Jessica's point about how she was very new and immature when they were first together, never had time to figure out who she was, and she has a clearer sense of everything she is and what she wants and what she's capable of, both the good and the very, very bad, blah blah blah. This time, she isn't bogged down by the sense that she is being held back. But. Was that really what their big problem was, or all it was? 

I thought Hoyt and Jessica's relationship soured because she got bored with him, and more attracted to Jason.  And that wasn't just a hookup, Jessica told Jason she was in love with him when he went to the Authority compound.  

I think in the end, she'll turn Hoyt.  He doesn't want children, and this would ensure that they could be together forever if they wanted.

• Love 2

The only time that I found Hoyt and Jessica okay together was last week. This week I found them to be blah again.

Eric and Pam have been the best part of this season, as they have been for most seasons, for me.

Oh, I am glad that Sam got out alive. 

• Love 1

I was honestly terrified that they were going to kill Pam off. So glad they didn't do that one of the few characters I still really care about.

I've always enjoyed the bill and Jessica relationship it was beautiful and heartbreaking to see bill release her. Not that thrilled with the Jessica/Hyot reunion or the Bridget/Jason developments. I'm not opposed to either relationship, it just seemed too quick and to neatly tied up even for a final season.

I was really annoyed when Sookie showed up at Sam's house I like that he is getting his happily ever after. However, I felt like Sookie just ran to him as soon as bill turned her away. I always hated the way she treated Sam.

I still enjoy the Bill/Eric friendship, I find their scenes together very entertaining. Tonight's talk was well dome and I like how they ended things.

I don't think Sookie was running to Sam... his trailer is still behind the bar and they were headed in that direction. Seeing everything dark and empty when they arrived was a dead giveaway to check things out. But even if she wanted to talk to Sam, I don't really have a problem with it, he's always been her friend and she certainly wasn't there with any kind of romantic notions. She doesn't really have too many other people to talk to, ya know?   Plus we had to get to Sam's letters somehow.

• Love 2

I didn't even realize how much I wanted Pam to get a happy ending until I saw that scene.  I'm really glad she's still alive and that she and Eric make it through next week.

I thought Hoyt and Jessica's relationship soured because she got bored with him, and more attracted to Jason.

Yeah, I thought Jessica was whitewashing what happened when she was talking to Hoyt.  Maybe she said more off screen, but I don't have a sense that things will be any different this time around.

• Love 2

Personally, I really liked this episode... in general I am very happy with this final season thus far. Some action, but mostly it's been about the characters and finishing out the crazy rollercoaster that they've all been on since S1.

This episode especially was all about character stuff- Hoyt and Jessica rekindling their romance. I do wish Hoyt had his memories, since just Jessica telling him about the past doesn't necessarily give him all of the details he needs for them to really start over again with a real relationship... but I guess it's better than him not knowing anything about their past together.

While I don't care about Bridgett, I'm glad she was there to tell Jason that there is nothing missing, that he is a good person. I think Jason has always had a good heart even if he's done some bad things (like everyone on TB)

I can understand Bill's point, even if I still hate it... and Eric seemed to understand as well. I loved the Eric/Bill stuff. Their bromance will always be one of my most favorite things about this show. I'd watch those two in a trunk together for hours ;)  Bill is trying to make things right, trying to set Sookie free from all of her entanglements with vampires. She admitted as much to Arlene, that she'd never really gotten over Bill and therefore hadn't given herself over fully to Alcide. It will be easier if he's permanently gone or if they are together. I'm still holding out hope for a miracle for Bill :)

His releasing of Jessica was very touching.

I'm glad Sam made his escape... He does need to see his baby girl grow up. And like he said, he's not going to be that far, he can visit and they can visit him. People move do to changing life circumstances all the time.

I also thought the scene at Bellefleur's was a fun throw back to the earlier seasons where people would just hang out at the bar. Arlene has been giving some great advice :)

I can't believe there is only one episode left... I'm going to miss this show so much.

• Love 7

What I wouldn't have given to see Sam's letter to Sookie read as follows: "Bye Felicia!"

I had forgotten how much I floved Jessica and Hoyt. 

I just can't with Jason's love/sex life. I just can't. I feel like I could get an STD just watching Jason's ho ass. I really don't care about him or Bridget. I kinda started not liking her last episode with that I am coming with you on official police business not matter what you say. With the exception of Jessica, I have hated all his love interests. 

Winner this episode by a landslide - Ginger! Get that Northman dick girl! That was hilarious! I epect to be seeing that made into a gif and seeing it everywhere!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6

The yakuza guys apparently bought their hilariously giant staking machine from the same Acme villains warehouse as Wile E. Coyote.  If Pam could manage to not get herself kidnapped or otherwise put in peril for one more episode, that would be great though.  As long as she and Eric walk away from this mess, I'm good with calling it a day and not giving a damn about any of the rest of this stupidity.

Poor Eric, being dragged into a junior high game of telephone for Beel and Suckie's "relationship" at this stage of the game.  It made his frustration leading to the gloriously hilariously horrible finally throwing one to Ginger all the better.

Good God, Bill is just as exhausting dying as he is living.  His hyper accelerated Hep V has now dragged out for half the season and still no sweet silence of a big puddle of goo in sight.

• Love 14

I wish Pam and Eric would just bum rush the Yazuka guys and get this fuckery over and done with. It's pointless at this stage in the show.

I kept waiting for Sookie to hug Bill and....splat! I think that would be a great ending.

• Love 8

I don't think I liked anything about the Jessica/Hoyt/Jason/Bridget stuff.

The moron who last week said, "I demand a ride in your police car, because my boyfriend and I had a fight!" is now supposed to be Jason's wisdom-spouting soulmate?

And we're supposed to believe that a year's worth of maturity is going to magically solve the problems between Jessica and Hoyt?

And Hoyt is fine that Jessica slept with Jason, but he thinks Jason deserves to get punched out again?

• Love 9
I do wish Hoyt had his memories, since just Jessica telling him about the past doesn't necessarily give him all of the details he needs for them to really start over again with a real relationship... but I guess it's better than him not knowing anything about their past together.

I've been on the fence with Hoyt's return and whether or not he could rekindle his relationships with Jessica and Jason without knowing their history together. If they all just sort of fell into their roles anew, with Hoyt still in the dark, it just wouldn't be right. It would still be a lie. But then, if he remembered everything, he would also have to remember all the pain and grief he went through. And I don't like Sad Hoyt. No more sadness for Hoyt. So this way, with Jessica simply telling him about everything that went down between them all, I guess it kind of reconciles the two issues. He isn't going into these relationships blind, but he doesn't have to relive the pain, either. He gets the past back but without the baggage. But then I think, is that fair? Is that really any better than if he hadn't been informed at all? Jessica merely explained the details to him, but that's not the same as really knowing. Really feeling. What if Hoyt had had his glamour undone by Sookie and he remembered everything? Would he still feel the same way? Would he still be as ready to jump back into something with Jessica if he knew how all the bad stuff actually felt the first time? It's not as if he'd ever had time to work through any of that. He'd just glamoured it all away so he wouldn't have to. I don't know. Maybe it's better for him that he can have Jessica back without having to relive all the crappy stuff, and in a way I'm glad that he doesn't have to relive it because he's Hoyt and if anyone deserves a clean slate it's him, but I can't shake the feeling that this relationship isn't quite as "right" this way when he never has to actually come to terms, emotionally, with any of the stuff they went through the first time around. It still kind of feels like a lie.

Honestly, putting them back together now just feels like making them end game just for the sake of end game, and not necessarily because any of this actually makes sense.

And also, I'm not sure if their reunion sex set to the sound of Jason narrating their relationship timeline was poetic or just weird.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 1

I'm willing to let them have the Jessica/Hoyt thing only grudgingly, especially having watched older seasons recently where he turned into a creepy fang banger/stalker and then joined a murdering hate group (why couldn't they let him keep some dignity?), and then seeing how much of a jackass he was to Bridget...but yes, fine, I'll go along with this storyline, but I could have lived without seeing their sex scene, especially with the Disney orchestra in the background.

Full points for the Ginger scene, though. The actors must have had a blast with that.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 1

I don't really get the point of the yakuza hanging around and keeping Sarah Newlin alive. They claim they've already synthesized her blood, both perfectly and not so much....so why keep her alive at this point? They can drain her dry and keep a reserve and that would be easier than dealing with her alive. Especially since they're trying to keep it all a secret. Considering the series is ending next week it probably doesn't even matter, since we're never going to see anywhere outside of Bon Temps.

The Hoyt/Jessica reunion....kind of weak. She wasn't being completely honest, more like whitewashing over all the bad shit she did to him. He may still love her or want to be with her, but I still think it's unfair for him to really not be able to remember his own perspective. But I guess that's how they're going to leave it. I am assuming next week Jason and Bridget hook up finally too. As if that wasn't coming from a mile away.

Personally I think if Bill really wants to die he should take a stroll one sunny morning and get it over with. Definitely more dignity in that then turning into a pile of vamp soup.

• Love 3

Things that struck me...

Eric choosing Pam over Sookie was unexpected but welcome. 

Eric's finally taking pity on Ginger? 

Jessica isn't precisely whitewashing but she is conveniently vague. 

I think the show really does think that Jason's one little scrap of fairyness is a power over women. Also, Bridget wanted to but after she said that to Jason she was too proud to back down. I have a suspicion that she's going to skip her flight "tomorrow" that Jason got for her. What I'm having trouble believing is that she's supposedly has the magic wisdom that's going to give Jason the loving keeper he deserved rather than Violet.

Personal jeopardy for Sookie has no suspense in it whatsoever.

Having Jason narrate the triangle over a sex montage was an odd choice, but I thought Ryan Kwanten sold it. It was charming and rueful by turns.

Edited by sjohnson
  • Love 2
Got give Eric one last damsel savin' situation for the last episode.

Which Eric?  The super-fast killing machine who could take out every guy in the basement before that stupid rube goldburg machine could finish the job, or super-mopey Eric who's so petrified that he can't even wryly observe 'Pam, you got yourself caught again?'  This time is even worse than last time - pretty sure I could tap that wooden thing aside before it dropped, and I'm not 1000 years old.

The writers clearly have no ideas left so they're just tying up some loose bits of fanservice and running out the clock.  I think Bill will end up as a puddle of goo mostly to add a bit of 'gravitas' to this pile of fluff, but it wouldn't surprise me if the last shot is of him being a lumberjack somewhere.  We're talking that level of suck.

• Love 15

Which Eric?  The super-fast killing machine who could take out every guy in the basement before that stupid rube goldburg machine could finish the job, or super-mopey Eric who's so petrified that he can't even wryly observe 'Pam, you got yourself caught again?'  This time is even worse than last time - pretty sure I could tap that wooden thing aside before it dropped, and I'm not 1000 years old.

The writers clearly have no ideas left so they're just tying up some loose bits of fanservice and running out the clock.  I think Bill will end up as a puddle of goo mostly to add a bit of 'gravitas' to this pile of fluff, but it wouldn't surprise me if the last shot is of him being a lumberjack somewhere.  We're talking that level of suck.

I have a feeling Eric is going to take out those goons very quickly next week... but they had to leave some suspense. He might leave Mr. Gus alive for a little while though... but this isn't going to turn into some 'oh no, Sookie is in danger again' thing... there isn't time for that.

I'm willing to let them have the Jessica/Hoyt thing only grudgingly, especially having watched older seasons recently

Same.  Yes, there are plot holes big enough to drive a truck through, but at least Jessica and Hoyt have enough history that them ending up together has some modicum of sense.  Plus, even with Hoyt knowing what happened, it's not the same as him experiencing it all over again.  He doesn't have the same anger and bitterness that come along with the memories, as opposed to being told the story, if that makes sense.  

I don't really get the point of the yakuza hanging around and keeping Sarah Newlin alive. They claim they've already synthesized her blood, both perfectly and not so much....so why keep her alive at this point? 

ITA.  At this point, they're only keeping her alive to have a real "villain" in the story, next to the Yakuza.  But there's no need for her.  Her blood can be easily synthesized, and if Eric wants to kill her, what's stopping him?  If Pam wants to whore her out (stupid development, btw) then why are they dragging this out?   

Only one more episode and then this shit show is over-thank god.

I can't co-sign the Jessica/Hoyt happily ever after. Hoyt was just too awful by the time he blew town and Jessica's behavior this season (sleeping with Jason 2.5 seconds after she caught James despite knowing Jessica was with Hoyt) doesn't suggest she's grown all that much since Hoyt left.

The Ginger/Eric scene was golden. It was easily my favorite moment of this whole season.

• Love 1

This is what they give us for the penultimate episode of the series? Except for Ginger finally getting some (and it wasn't much, was it?) nothing happened, just a lot of talking. And why do the Yakuza care if Sookie knows? Seriously, did the writers just give up when they heard this was the last season?

• Love 4

TIIC have ignored previous glamoring incidents before, most notably Eric glamoring Alcide into being repulsed by Sookie (LOL!) to keep him away while they were dating. I was actually surprised that Hoyt's has apparently stuck.

Alcide had his memory returned to him via Sookie. 

Really not liking how this became the season of Pam being a damsel.  You would think someone has smart as her would be able to refrain from getting caught by the Yakuza for I think the third time.  But, I guess they had to find a way to show that Eric is even loyal to her, over Sookie.  But, I agree that Old-School Eric would have taken everyone out, before Gus ordered the first rope cut.  He's become soft now.  At least the Ginger sex scene was fun.  Overall, Alexander Skarsgard was one of the MVPs of this episode.  Or, really, this entire series.

You know, I really do notice that I prefer Bill when he's not with Sookie.  His scenes with Jessica and Eric were actually really good, and I even thought Stephen Moyer was good in them.  But, whenever he's with Sookie, he's back to boring-ass Bill.  All of his stuff was just a waste.  He's basically "sacrificing" himself to protect Sookie or some shit.  Whatever.  Either next week will end in his true death, or the writers will pull something out of their asses to save him.  I just don't care, anymore.

A ton of mixed emotions with all the stuff involving Jessica/Hoyt and Jason/Bridget.  Jessica and Hoyt getting back together felt rushed, underdeveloped, and Jessica pretty much made herself look as good as possible.  They really needed to have him unglamoured, and then forgive her, for me to every fully buy them again.  But, at the same time, I make no secret that I think Deborah Ann Woll is just amazing and I really like Jim Parrack as well, so I thought they sold the hell out of all their scenes.  So, if I just ignored the content and watch the acting, I was fine.  The same with Jason/Bridget.  The whole thing is so silly.  But, damn if Ryan Kwanten isn't selling everything they throw at him.  If nothing else, I do appreciate this show for bringing actors like those three to more audiences.  I hope they go places after this.

Lafayette and James are now officially a couple.  Yeah, they sure did spend a lot of time on that!  Lafayette was once again wasted this season.  Nelsan Ellis is too good for this.

Sam ran for the hills!  Smart man.

So, is the finale's big selling point really going to just be if Bill dies or not?  I mean, that's really the only other thing besides Gus wanting Sookie.  Are they setting him up as the endgame baddie?  Because, as much as I love Will Yun Lee, he's really not been built up enough either.  Man, I really thought there would be bigger stakes.  And, I pretty much turn my brain off on this show, so I wasn't expecting much.  Hell, I would have been fine if they just randomly resurrected Russell, and have the gang take on Zombie Russell. Maybe resurrect a whole bunch of other folks to help him!  Zombie Nan!  Zombie Mary-Ann!  Zombie Christopher Meloni and the rest of the Authority!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

If those Yakuza men aren't vampires I don't understand why Eric hasn't killed them yet. And Pam as a damsel in distress again? Lazy. But the sex scene with Ginger was pure gold, I couldn't stop laughing. 

Jason's so sweet... He's made some mistakes, of course, but I wish him the best. 

Bill can't die soon enough. I'd respect him more if he wanted to die because he's tired of being a vampire, but this? For Sookie? It's so stupid I have no words. If Sookie is attracted to vampires, after Bill's death she'll be shagging Eric, so what's the point?

• Love 6
But, damn if Ryan Kwanten isn't selling everything they throw at him.
Lafayette was once again wasted this season.  Nelsan Ellis is too good for this.

I really hope that Ryan and Nelsan get steady, quality roles after this. I know the show doesn't seem to agree, but these two have the been stand outs for me the entire time.

• Love 7

Bill is just exhausting.  "Get over yourself", indeed.  His reasoning:  He's gonna allow himself to die, so Sookie can move on with her life and find love because she won't if he's around?!  Really?!  STFU, dude.

I kept wondering why he doesn't just walk out into the sun already.  Why wait for the disease to take him?  Ridiculous.

• Love 6

Oh, and Ginger finally getting her chance to take a ride on the Northman Express and lasting all of three seconds? Awe. Some. And Eric's just looking at her sliding and writhing on the floor all, "Uh ... was that it? Huh. Okay, then. Happy to help. See ya later." This may be the greatest sex scene the show ever did.

+ Mazzy Star. If only some AS nudity :(

• Love 1

I think at this point I would be fine if everybody died except for Pam and Eric. I also agree with whoever it was who asked why they haven't taken these yakuza guys oyt yet. If they're humans neither Eric or Pam should have any trouble killing them. Especially working together. Why are they allowing such a strong character like Eric to be played like a puppet by these guys? Yakuza or not humans are humans.

I still have absolutely no clue where the finale is actually heading, and even though I am going to watch I am not sure I care anymore. The way they are wrapping everything up so far is really lame. I wish they'd have made it more like seasons 1 and 2, not this pile of shit.

• Love 2

This is what they give us for the penultimate episode of the series?

.... Seriously, did the writers just give up when they heard this was the last season?

This slow episode made me think that there is no grand finale planned for True Blood. It is playing out like any other season.

...Just more cliffhangers and Sookie in danger and things go on as usual in Bon Temps. 

This season's writing feels especially weak. Even the homages to the first season are falling flat and don't seem to be adding up to anything special. 

Bill could kill himself at any point he wants. A few episodes back he was all concerned about leaving his estate to Jessica. Wouldn't it make more sense to get cured, figure out how to get things transferred, then kill yourself without all the look-at-me-dying drama? 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 2

I really hope that Ryan and Nelsan get steady, quality roles after this. I know the show doesn't seem to agree, but these two have the been stand outs for me the entire time.

Ellis is currently the secondary lead in the James Brown biopic "Get On Up." The movie is kind of a mess but Ellis is excellent.

I'm with those who say that if Bill wants to die, he should just take a walk in the sun already instead of all this melodrama.

I don't care enough about Jessica and Hoyt to say whether or not their reunion was earned. It is worth noting that, like, a week has passed in show time - these characters move on very quickly.

That Bill/Eric convo was one of those frustrating conversations that only happens in fiction. Everything Eric says is correct, everything Bill says is stupid, and then they both agree that Bill is completely right.

One particular example: Eric says, Hep V affects your thinking and makes you want to die, Bill says that's not it. Then later Bill says, "hey Eric, you know those fever dreams Hep V gives you, well one of them made me want to die." OK, Bill, you've convinced us, Hep V is not messing with your head at all. Sure, buddy. 

• Love 2

Good gravy it's the second to last episode and I found myself fast forwarding thru the majority of the b.s on the screen.  I am glad Sam decided to leave town.  He's too good for Bon Temps and this show in general.  Sookie didn't deserve a goodbye letter of any type from him, he should have just left--let Sookie discover an empty house when she decides to go running to him for comfort.

Jessica + Hoyt = zzzzzzz

Jason + new chick we just meet last episode = zzzzzzzzzz

Arlene + new vampire = zzzzzzzzzzz

Damn I hate that the writers are just throwing relationships together and expect us to care about them?  No, not when they happened 10 mins ago!

• Love 2

When Bill was droning on about his fever dream, I kept thinking "Is this your attempt to make the audience suicidal too?" Couldn't they just inject some of Sarah's blood into the bag of blood that Hoyt brought over and be done with it. Then if Bill still wants to die he can just walk outside whenever he wants instead of boring the rest of us.

I call shenanigans on Eric now being "immune" to Hep V. That's just lazy writing. Especially after the way the audience has been beaten over the head with the HIV metaphors.

Oh Ginger, you literally screwed yourself out of a great evening. There was Eric ready to go and asking you what you wanted him to do. Do you know what some of us would give to have Eric taking orders?!! And you fall out after 30 seconds?! You're dismissed Ginger. I'd have had Eric working until dawn's early light. Those Yakuza schmucks would've been in the basement going, "Aren't they done yet?"

Is it my imagination or did Anna Camp have less than one page of dialogue? The rest was screaming and whimpering through a gag. 

Apparently Mr. Gus gets his torture ideas from old episodes of Batman.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 9

I'm not sure I could write a coherent recap of this episode. Nothing really happened after all and all the relationship fountains are well dry by now. Nothing new there at all. But I'll wait for next week in the hope they stocked everything up for a grand finale. Let me hope :)

That Bill/Eric convo was one of those frustrating conversations that only happens in fiction. Everything Eric says is correct, everything Bill says is stupid, and then they both agree that Bill is completely right.

Ha!  It's funny because it's true.  It was good to have Bill acknowledge what (in my opinion) has been a flaw with this whole Bill + Sookie 4eva narrative the show is promoting: it's based upon the fact that Bill (and all vamps) want Sookie b/c she's fae (and not necessarily because she's a really fantastic person, the most smartest, and the best damn tapper).  Given Bill arranged for Sookie to drink from him almost the first moment they met, she's also been chemically drawn to him.  Let's just all be adults about this (as Eric is suggesting) and understand that what happened between Bill and Sookie was not The Truest Love Ever, but that doesn't mean that Bill has to sacrifice himself to "free" Sookie.  Just, like, move to France or something.  Eric's got a real nice place.

It was good to see Hoyt again, but I'm not too thrilled that his "happily ever after" is back with Jessica, who I really haven't liked for quite some time.  I always liked the Hoyt character, and have to admit to holding it against Jessica (and stupid Jason) that there was nothing left to do with him but write him off after Jessica and Jason got together.