Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m on a phone, so I see the bottom first, and then I scroll up, and I see “A PLACE OF YES”- - Now I’m giggling again!

Yay!

And I would TOTALLY go see this as a suspense movie, Hoodooz! ("Honey, we have to go see it, the movie got a great review -- listen: "A Place of Yes, directed by Sophia Coppola, follows the lead character, Beth, through the evening of her Capote-inspired society ball.  Coppola's camera moves in and out of palatial rooms and cramped relationships every bit as seductive and mysterious as the lead character herself. A cast of stars, eager to work with Coppola, create a stunning ensemble: Sarah Jessica Parker as Carole (a recently deposed princess), Anne Heche as Sonja (a diaper-wearing socialite who believes she is the reincarnation of Edie Beale), Cameron Diaz as the forever fifteen Tins (wearing a series of party dresses designed by Lisa Frank) a revelatory Catherine Zeta Jones as "The Countess" (an alcoholic sex addict in "recovery", who brings a pirate, Johnny Depp, trimmed down and liquored up, to the party), and perhaps most surprising of all, Sharon Stone as Doris (a foul mouthed and perpetually drunk rage machine who attacks the lead characer with a cake) in a career defining performance.  Still, it is a neophyte actor who steals the movie right out from the heavyweights: Wandering the gardens of the mansion, murmuring "kadooz" to every guest, Ramona Singer, playing herself,  is a revelation of charm, madness and incomprehensible proverbs. Blood flies, bodies fall and no good deed goes unpunished. Run, do not walk, to A Place of Yes".)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, film noire said:

Yay!

And I would TOTALLY go see this as a suspense movie, Hoodooz! ("Honey, we have to go see it, the movie got a great review -- listen: "A Place of Yes, directed by Sophia Coppola, follows the lead character, Beth, through the evening of her Capote-inspired society ball.  Coppola's camera moves in and out of palatial rooms and cramped relationships every bit as seductive and mysterious as the lead character herself. A cast of stars, eager to work with Coppola, create a stunning ensemble: Sarah Jessica Parker as Carole (a recently deposed princess), Anne Heche as Sonja (a diaper-wearing socialite who believes she is the reincarnation of Edie Beale), Cameron Diaz as the forever fifteen Tins (wearing a series of party dresses designed by Lisa Frank) a revelatory Catherine Zeta Jones as "The Countess" (an alcoholic sex addict in "recovery", who brings a pirate, Johnny Depp, trimmed down and liquored up, to the party), and perhaps most surprising of all, Sharon Stone as Doris (a foul mouthed and perpetually drunk rage machine who attacks the lead characer with a cake) in a career defining performance.  Still, it is a neophyte actor who steals the movie right out from the heavyweights: Wandering the gardens of the mansion, murmuring "kadooz" to every guest, Ramona Singer, playing herself,  is a revelation of charm, madness and incomprehensible proverbs. Blood flies, bodies fall and no good deed goes unpunished. Run, do not walk, to A Place of Yes".)

This gave me a mental image of a lost Ramona, full makeup and party dress, wandering the paths through tall flowers and hedge mazes talking to herself like a crazy woman "I don't get it, I just don't get it. Where did everybody go? I can't find them. How could they leave me? Excuse me! Hell-oh-oh!?"

• Love 16
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

This gave me a mental image of a lost Ramona, full makeup and party dress, wandering the paths through tall flowers and hedge mazes talking to herself like a crazy woman "I don't get it, I just don't get it. Where did everybody go? I can't find them. How could they leave me? Excuse me! Hell-oh-oh!?"

And "can you bring my purse and my water over to the next hedge (which shows off my good side)?"

• Love 12
14 hours ago, film noire said:

In season 2,  Frankel gets the cover of Social Life. The editor (who tells Bethenny she has a perfect ass, body, face, etc, so they bond) is none other than Devora Rose....arch enemy of.....TINSLEY! (Is that why Frankel had antipathy to Tinsley from the get go? Did Devora bend her ear and fill it full of anti-Tinsley gossip?) 

The photo below seems to be from a different issue of Social Life (eta:  it's actually 2009). 

I LOVE this photograph: her make-up, hair, clothing, the bare feet, her toes, the setting -- all of it feels iconic and high fashion and (paging @HunterHunted) Dominick Dunne territory --  the best photo I've ever seen of Bethenny Frankel. 

frankel social life magazine.png

When LuAnn asked Bethenny if the photos would be retouched.

Good times!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 9/5/2018 at 8:27 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Get out of here!

The first thought that flashed through my mind was that Beth looked like a background player/extra from The Shining. So your hedge maze reference makes me squeeeee!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Tonight Carole will officially become a member of the RHONY Ghosts of HWs Past.

Click below for the Countdown to Carole's RHONY Departure!

https://countingdownto.com/?c=2257249

Might have to extend it by a week - don't they usually have a bonus episode after the final reunion episode with "what you didn't see" which includes bonus clips?!? At least this is the last reunion episode tho - phew!

• Love 5

From Women's Wear Daily

Oct 19, 2017 - Yummie Tummie by Heather Thomson no longer exists. The brand is now simply called Yummie. And Thomson, a former cast member on Bravo's “Real Housewives of New York” series who founded the company in 2008, is no longer associated with the business.

It seems she lost. Heather made it sound like Rothfield only loaned YT 1M - seems he was a real partner with 49%. Now I question if she exaggerated her role in the company and that's why the Yummie Tummy owners had an issue with her on HWs . It wasn't because she was promoting Yummie Tummie, it was because she was misleading who she was to the company itself.

• Love 10

This is a somewhat interesting and pretty recent (08/08/18) little read.

It covers the gamut of previous NY housewives.  Doesn't sound like Heather is up to much professionally these days (preparing to launch a "super food" is just way too vague for me to get excited about).  

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/g19598259/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-where-are-they-now/

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

From Women's Wear Daily

Oct 19, 2017 - Yummie Tummie by Heather Thomson no longer exists. The brand is now simply called Yummie. And Thomson, a former cast member on Bravo's “Real Housewives of New York” series who founded the company in 2008, is no longer associated with the business.

It seems she lost. Heather made it sound like Rothfield only loaned YT 1M - seems he was a real partner with 49%. Now I question if she exaggerated her role in the company and that's why the Yummie Tummy owners had an issue with her on HWs . It wasn't because she was promoting Yummie Tummie, it was because she was misleading who she was to the company itself.

I applaud whoever changed that company name to just Yummie.

That moniker "Yummie Tummy" always grated on me for some reason.  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

LOL -- that's her cadence/speech, exactly! 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

From Women's Wear Daily

I've been wondering what's been up with Heather the last few years.

I have a mother addicted to home shopping, and we'll see the gamut of Housewives, and other reality TV stars and celeb has-beens try to launch and peddle products. After leaving the show, and I guess losing YT, she was off HSN and moved to Evine peddling whatever Tommie Copper is. I think some type of compression wear. For a while now, she's still with Evine but she's been pushing Nutritionary, which includes shakes, meal replacements, and vitamins. And with this brand, I think she's calling herself a nutritionist. I know it's in her write-up on Evine.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

I have a mother addicted to home shopping, and we'll see the gamut of Housewives, and other reality TV stars and celeb has-beens try to launch and peddle products. After leaving the show, and I guess losing YT, she was off HSN and moved to Evine peddling whatever Tommie Copper is. I think some type of compression wear. For a while now, she's still with Evine but she's been pushing Nutritionary, which includes shakes, meal replacements, and vitamins. And with this brand, I think she's calling herself a nutritionist. I know it's in her write-up on Evine.

She is a nutritionist.  She was going to school for that after she left RHNY.

http://blog.spaweek.com/2015/08/26/heather-thomson-interview-questions-nutrition/

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

Check out that article I posted above, @CyberJawa1986.  You can see what the snore-worthy Cindy Barshop is up to these days (guaranteed giggle and/or head scratch).

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

She is a nutritionist.  She was going to school for that after she left RHNY.

http://blog.spaweek.com/2015/08/26/heather-thomson-interview-questions-nutrition/

Maybe she could get together with Yolonda of BH since she thinks she some holistic guru and Daisy is probably still in California.  Yo is now splitting her time between her new Manhattan apartment and farm in Bucks County Pennsylvania. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx_Ns76l4c9vuoo1Sq_f9

It looks like Carole has ditched the fake eyelashes. Or maybe she only wears them when she walks marathons. Looks like she is keeping the guppy lips though. Her upper lip was actually quite thin back in the day when she was married to Anthony. It seems to have grown since she has been on the show. Maybe Adam was a fan.  ; ) 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It looks like Carole has ditched the fake eyelashes. Or maybe she only wears them when she walks marathons. Looks like she is keeping the guppy lips though. Her upper lip was actually quite thin back in the day when she was married to Anthony. It seems to have grown since she has been on the show. Maybe Adam was a fan.  ; ) 

The shadows on her cheeks and chin make me think she's either due for more fillers or decided to give them up now that she doesn't have that fat Bravo paycheck.

Edited by AnnA
Typo - filters instead of fillers
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The shadows on her cheeks and chin make me think she's either due for more filters or decided to give them up now that she doesn't have that fat Bravo paycheck.

or doesn't have the free filler hookup via Bravo... hmmm... 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Brings a whole new meaning to getting into a kid's pajamas.

Checking in for a sleep study and I just guffawed 

already I’m the outcast thanks Your Highness queen of all nuthood

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bagger said:

Checking in for a sleep study and I just guffawed 

already I’m the outcast thanks Your Highness queen of all nuthood

You are most welcome, bagger.  You can sleep when you're dead.  ;-)

Pretty sure some of us would be kicked out of any sleep study we tried to participate in (or is it just me?).

• Love 5
On 9/4/2018 at 7:39 PM, film noire said:

In season 2,  Frankel gets the cover of Social Life. The editor (who tells Bethenny she has a perfect ass, body, face, etc, so they bond) is none other than Devora Rose....arch enemy of.....TINSLEY! (Is that why Frankel had antipathy to Tinsley from the get go? Did Devora bend her ear and fill it full of anti-Tinsley gossip?) 

The photo below seems to be from a different issue of Social Life (eta:  it's actually 2009). 

I LOVE this photograph: her make-up, hair, clothing, the bare feet, her toes, the setting -- all of it feels iconic and high fashion and (paging @HunterHunted) Dominick Dunne territory --  the best photo I've ever seen of Bethenny Frankel. 

I totally remember Devora from season 2. She was annoying af. And just plain weird. But can you refresh my memory as to why she and Tinsley hate each other? Was she on that other reality show with Tins?

On 9/15/2018 at 8:59 PM, Happy Camper said:

And then we have this resemblance:

bethenny-and-MJ-1.jpg

Ah the original Jaw. Simpler times! 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I totally remember Devora from season 2. She was annoying af. And just plain weird. But can you refresh my memory as to why she and Tinsley hate each other? Was she on that other reality show with Tins?

Yes.  If I remember correctly Devorah was kind of a thirsty climber not a true socialite, which is why Tinsley and them didn’t care for her.  And yes, she was super annoying and a fake try hard (Devorah was).

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Was she on that other reality show with Tins?

Yes! She was!  And (loosely transcribed from my vodka and popcorn memories):  The whole start of World War (size) 2  -- aka the Bitches of Normandy --  began with Devora being all "We were BESTIES!! And I MADE Tinsley! And I can BREAK HER!" And Tins was all "Hunh? She wrote a nice article about me in her magazine -- and I'm grateful - but we have a professional relationship at best?" and Devora hissed and sprung snake hair and flounced her way to the media: 

"But Rose went on: “The war is on! The war is on! If she’s here, I’m going to confront her! The war is on.” 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2009/11/devorah_rose_to_wage_reality_t.html

Meanwhile, Dale was busy trying to save Tins from an emotionally unstable German Prince who was always causing scenes (Herr Fitler!) but Dale took time away from her life's mission and had a sitdown with Devora -- totally going Michael on Devora's Fredo ass -- and told Devora she'd give her an old fashoned spanking if she were her pimp mother and Devora eventually fled from the face2face and Dale followed her out into the street and told Devora that if she sends darts out into the universe, darts will pierce her as well.  And then Dale told Devorah she needed to stop talking shit about other women, if she wanted to make it in this high falutin' New York City world (a world peopled by trashy reality tv stars raging at each other on a minor network --  not exactly Mrs. Vanderbilt’s 1883 snooty fancy dress ball territory -- so Dale's point kinda escaped me) but this all led to Devora hating Tins truly, madly, deeply!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Coincidental use of imagery Heather?  lol

Screenshot (206).png

Hmm?    Now that Heather lost her business, she may need that Bravo paycheck.   I wasn't a Heather fan but I don't hate her.   I think she might fit in better than the new chick I've seen (Barbara?) who looks like she belongs on Mob Wives.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

You are most welcome, bagger.  You can sleep when you're dead.  ;-)

Pretty sure some of us would be kicked out of any sleep study we tried to participate in (or is it just me?).

Can you imagine the slumber party all of us could have there? giphy.gif

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Hmm?    Now that Heather lost her business, she may need that Bravo paycheck.   I wasn't a Heather fan but I don't hate her.   I think she might fit in better than the new chick I've seen (Barbara?) who looks like she belongs on Mob Wives.

I don't want Heather back unless Sara Blakely is a HW. As for Barbara K - it makes sense for Bravo to test her. Usually with each new HW there is a tie in. In the past, Ramona brought on Dorinda, Dorinda brought on Jules, Sonja brought on Tinsley. The HW who next should bring on a "friend" would be Luann or Bethenny. There were pics of Luann and Barbara when Luann and Tom divorced so they made up since.

21 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Can you imagine the slumber party all of us could have there? giphy.gif

Reality Police:

Yay! Your first GIF

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 8
On 9/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, film noire said:

I also love this photo of Bethenny and I don’t find it creepy at all.  I like it because it makes her look soft and vulnerable, something that she tries so hard to camouflage.  Yet deep inside it’s clearly there.  She usually projects that strong, sharp, confident image, with the practiced Skinny Girl smile.  I don’t know who took this photo but I think it’s pure genius.  It’s like looking into her soul.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I also love this photo of Bethenny and I don’t find it creepy at all.  I like it because it makes her look soft and vulnerable, something that she tries so hard to camouflage.  Yet deep inside it’s clearly there.  She usually projects that strong, sharp, confident image, with the practiced Skinny Girl smile.  I don’t know who took this photo but I think it’s pure genius.  It’s like looking into her soul.

Lot of genius in the photo editing too.  To me, this is only a slight resemblance of BF.  Some shadows obscuring that well known jawline, and yes, the ethereal quality.  Nothing like BF imo.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/18/jill-zarins-14-year-old-dog-dies/

This is so hard for me.  I personally always found that dog creepy.  I personally found Jill ugly on the inside.  But it is sad and losing a comfort animal the same year as Bobby has to be difficult.  So I’m trying to be an adult and work up some empathy.

Apropos of nothing, I am a little disappointed that every NY HW owned small dogs. At least Dorinda or Heather could have had a bigger dog in the Berkshires. 

Ginger was an odd one.