Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

On 8/5/2018 at 5:02 PM, Mozelle said:

The thing that's so funny to me about Bethenny performing sorrow is that it's clear she still very much holds onto her anger and disdain. That's why I keep referring to it as performance. Carole and she hugged it out at their sit down after the holidays. Bethenny made it seem like all was well...then a few weeks later they're all going to a welcome home retreat for LuAnn and Bethenny decides she's not riding up with Carole, and at dinner she decides that she doesn't want to sit at the same end of the table as Carole.

I mean, Bethenny is more and more Jill Zarin than I'm sure she'd care to realize.

1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

Watching the Jill/b meetup where Jill brings Jewish food to b at the restaurant for their talk it out session. Jill was sincere, took responsibility for her actions, would have started over with a clean slate and move forward and it reaffirmed my view that b is a Crisco can full of evil. The original metal cans, not the cardboard ones. b is a master with her method. 

I do think over the last 3 seasons it was glaringly obvious how similar Bethenny is to Jill. If either feels they have been wronged, there might be a hug or an explanation or an apology - but it will not end there. They're going to make sure there's an evisceration somewhere down the line.

During S3 I actually thought Bethenny was being smart about just not letting Jill in any longer. But I don't think Jill took responsibility as much as she realized she lost and badly. She continued to try to blame Alex or Ramona, then would only try to reconcile when she could control the situation. Jill strolling into that beachfront villa so she could brag about her husband getting a PP (after refusing to hang with Bethenny for months when they live 10 minutes from each other) was just too weird.  I think she realized the spinoff was a done deal and didn't like the idea of Alex & Ramona getting 2 extra minutes of screen time.

It's odd because I also think both Bethenny and Jill can be generous but in a very specific way; because I don't care for either of them I see it as another way to establish some sort of upper hand or control in the relationship, but maybe both of them have no clue how else to bring their friends closer. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

It's odd because I also think both Bethenny and Jill can be generous but in a very specific way; because I don't care for either of them I see it as another way to establish some sort of upper hand or control in the relationship, but maybe both of them have no clue how else to bring their friends closer. 

I think the problem is with Jill was she a very important person in New York, had always been a Queen Bee and was actually quite magnanimous in that role. She described herself as a "connector" and we saw in the early seasons her trying to help Alex and Simon climb the social ladder and she did a lot for Bethenny too. But when it became clear Bethenny was the break out star, in more demand than Jill and no longer needed Jill's "help" the dynamic between them shifted and Jill got really jealous and didn't know how to handle that jealousy. Bethenny was no longer the "underdog" that needed help and that was the foundation Jill and Bethenny's friendship was built on. In the end Jill did realise she had made a massive mistake and tried to make up but Bethenny wouldn't have it and I really think that was a mistake on Bethenny's part. I don't even think it was because what Jill did was so terrible to Bethenny, I honestly believe Bethenny simply didn't need Jill anymore and so had no need to forgive her. She had the world at her feet at that point. Had she been still scrambling to make it and not just about to have her first child and get married I think she would have done things differently.   

• Love 11

Watching the Jill/b meetup where Jill brings Jewish food to b at the restaurant for their talk it out session. Jill was sincere, took responsibility for her actions, would have started over with a clean slate and move forward and it reaffirmed my view that b is a Crisco can full of evil. The original metal cans, not the cardboard ones. b is a master with her method. 

The problem in my opinion was that B had spent various weeks begging Jill to talk to hash things out. By the time Jill realized her “storyline” wasn’t gaining traction it was too late. 

• Love 17

I do think Jill is the type that when she makes mistakes she goes about apologizing and making it up, if the other party is receptive to moving on it works.

A good example is Jill and Ramona, both of them pretty much tried to screw with each other in every single episode they appeared in, yet even now they are still friends. I can't see how holding onto a grudge could be good for Bethenny. Jill has even stayed on good terms with Alex, for crying out loud! And, you know, she managed to stay with Bobby till death did them part whereas Bethenny's marriage... ummmmm, yeah.

• Love 8

In the end Jill did realise she had made a massive mistake and tried to make up but Bethenny wouldn't have it and I really think that was a mistake on Bethenny's part.

I think massive mistake is a bit of an understatement. This was all intentional on Jill's part. At the end of the day, Jill didn't go to Bethenny for forgiveness until Jill was forced to understand that *she* was the one that the public thought was wrong. Bethenny had to know that, that Jill was biting the bullet and choking it down to save herself, not because she was especially sorry. Jill went for Bethenny's jugular and managed to make herself look like a horrific bitch, all the worse because Bethenny was pregnant and had her dad dying all while Jill went on and on and on about how awful Bethenny was being. Let's not pretend Jillzy was all sweetness and light while EVIL BETHENNY was evil. I've watched that season, and Jill was *awful*. All this nonsense with Carole and Bethenny? They both come off like lightweights compared Jill Zarin in full on attack bitch mode.

That scene at the end of the season where Jill gives Bethenny the latkes? I don't think Bethenny was anywhere close to being able to forgive Jill on Jill's terms - where you know, Jill gets away with it with no consequences.

I do agree that Jill and Bethenny are very similar... and I don't think that is a comment that flatters Jill.

• Love 17

I think Beth is a douchey bitch and I think Carole is a bitchy douche and a filmed "friendship" would be impossible to maintain for each of them for various reasons.

But I'm entertained so my reaction to their implosion is, "Bring on the popcorn!"

I am also well aware that I suck.....

• Love 4

For those of us that aren't jazzed about the possibility of JZ rejoining the NY cast, this is a bad sign imo.  

From Icky Gunvalson's Instagram - 

Screenshot (177).png

p.s.:  JZ is going the LVP route with that poor damn dog.  Gonna have to retrain the poor thing how to walk...she never let's it down ffs.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who's the one wearing the blue shoes? She must be from VPR.

Patti Something-Or-Other that had the Millionaire Matchmaker show (something like that).  Yeah, I'm a detailed person, lol.  All are Current or former Bravolebrities.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For those of us that aren't jazzed about the possibility of JZ rejoining the NY cast, this is a bad sign  

Screenshot (177).png

p.s.:  JZ is going the LVP route with that poor damn dog.  Gonna have to retrain the poor thing how to walk...she never let's it down ffs.

Re the bolded- I think you are correct. Jill is getting mentioned with increasing frequency on the Bravo site, too -- lots of fluffy articles.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

Agree, and if Bethenny doesn't return, I would not be surprised to see Heather return as well. 

I don't think Heather will ever come back. As loud and foul-mouthed as I found her to be, there's no denying that she's smart and I think her family and sanity means far too much for her to rejoin the circus. I respect her for that. 

And wow, Patti Stanger, look at you! She's lost a lot of weight.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I don't think Heather will ever come back. As loud and foul-mouthed as I found her to be, there's no denying that she's smart and I think her family and sanity means far too much for her to rejoin the circus. I respect her for that. 

And wow, Patti Stanger, look at you! She's lost a lot of weight.

I happened across an article about or interview with Heather T. a few weeks ago. It was from 2016, but in it she said she was open to returning. That, plus the fact that we've seen her on the show more than once this year makes me think it's possible. (I think it was a direct quote from her, the being open to returning I mean)

I mean I don't want to give the Heather fans false hope, but I can see it happening (and provided Bethenny decides not to). And I'm literally never wrong about anything, ever. (What's that noise coming from my computer -- sounds like laughter).

• Love 3

I hope she doesn't come back.  And not because I thought she was hard to watch but, for me, she redeemed herself by how she got herself into good condition, physically and mentally after she left. She seems to spend her time on quality projects and her family looks to be tighter than ever. 

Since leaving the show, I hope she's done less angry mo#%!er f*cking and has found her happy place.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I hope she doesn't come back.  And not because I thought she was hard to watch but, for me, she redeemed herself by how she got herself into good condition, physically and mentally after she left. She seems to spend her time on quality projects and her family looks to be tighter than ever. 

Since leaving the show, I hope she's done less angry mo#%!er f*cking and has found her happy place.

Holla!

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Nothing cleanses the soul like a solid, heartfelt, mo#%!er f*cker.  It's the hard k that brings it home.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Nothing cleanses the soul like a solid, heartfelt, mo#%!er f*cker.  It's the hard k that brings it home.

My emphasis is usually on the 'f'.

Although the last time I broke my toe, I believe the emphasis was on the entire word 'mother'.  As in 'MOTHER f*cker'.

Speaking of mothers, I somehow feel I owe an apology to mine for this conversation. LOL

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

My emphasis is usually on the 'f'.

Although the last time I broke my toe, I believe the emphasis was on the entire word 'mother'.  As in 'MOTHER f*cker'.

Speaking of mothers, I somehow feel I owe an apology to mine for this conversation. LOL

My mother knows that I come by my affinity for swearing naturally, so while I refrain from the colorful in her presence, should the occasional f-bomb escape, she just looks the other way and whistles her way out of the room.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My mother knows that I come by my affinity for swearing naturally, so while I refrain from the colorful in her presence, should the occasional f-bomb escape, she just looks the other way and whistles her way out of the room.

You're lucky. My mother will still pinch the back our arms if any of her 50+ year-old children uttered an expletive in her presence. Just like she did when we were young and one of us called the other a stupid head or ordered someone to shut up. That was the extent of her tolerance for trash mouth.

I called another driver a "dumb ass" once when my mom was in the car with me. She exercised great control and didn't pinch me until the car was safely stopped. I was 38-years-old. LOL. Bless her heart.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, ryebread said:

LOL

Annnnnd you just reminded me of how Miss Bossy Pants irritated me. 

***shakes fist at Happy Camper***

Me too. Blah.

I wish I could LOL, but I always felt trolled by her Holla!s.  They came across as "Fuck you"s to me.

It's my version of Bethenny's "Lost at sea" I guess.

• Love 4

I am kind of looking forward to future "Ghosts of Housewives Past" when it includes Carole, Bethenny and Dorinda.

They are exhausting. After the 3rd reunion I am going to need a really, really long nap.

But of course I have to see how it all ends, right up to them drinking that awful looking green solution.

• Love 2

Jill and the dog-UGH!!!!  Who is the African-American woman?  It's not NeNe, is it??  Patti and Bethenny were friends a long time ago then there was a falling out- shocking!  I'm not sure how Jill fit in.  She was friends with both at that time or swooped in to befriend Patti afterwards. 

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Jill and the dog-UGH!!!!  Who is the African-American woman?  It's not NeNe, is it??  Patti and Bethenny were friends a long time ago then there was a falling out- shocking!  I'm not sure how Jill fit in.  She was friends with both at that time or swooped in to befriend Patti afterwards. 

It was Cynthia.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ryebread said:

Annnnnd you just reminded me of how Miss Bossy Pants irritated me. 

How could you ever forget?:)

Here's another trigger coming at you: Heather hissing "Imma going to go put my skully on so that bitch knows who she's fucking with!"

QUIZ!

1) Who is the "bitch"?

2) Where was this said?

3) Who did she say it to?

4) Do you want meatballs or shellfish at the PTV season ender party?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

Today starting at 8:30 am EST Bravo starting showing S1E1!!  It seems like a million years ago!!  The only ones who don't have radically different lives (in a not good way) are Alex & Simon.

Missy and Ramona hung out at her Hampton house with 2 other women so she did know her a bit.  

Tom was spotted sitting with Ramona, Missy and long-dark-haired-woman while he and a friend were chatting them up while out. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, film noire said:

Here's another trigger coming at you: Heather hissing "Imma going to go put my skully on so that bitch knows who she's fucking with!"

QUIZ!

1) Who is the "bitch"?

2) Where was this said?

1) Aviva’s “Stylist” that was trying desperately to become a HW, or just be on TV

2) Luann’s house during a party

3) hmmm.... Jonathan? Kristin? 

4) Both, please. And, yes, I’d prefer Heather to beg me to eat meatballs and for Dorinda to serve the shellfish in sashimi rolls. 

• Love 7

I just stumbled upon S1E2 and holy shit, these ladies have aged a lot. But that's not what I wanted to say here, what I wanted to say is that even Ramona is fairly normal. The only two people who exhibit bitch tendencies from the get go are LuAnn - who acts like her shit dont stink - and JILL, who acts like she's the Queen Bee primadonna. She's jealous, she's a shit stirrer, she's openly vengeful and seems pleased to let people know that about herself, and I forgot how even more obnoxious she was with her 'gay husband Brad',. Jesus H. Christ, she's insufferable. Even early Bethany is bearable, but Jill, awful from the get go. Fuck Jill Zarin, I NEVER WANT TO SEE HER FACE ON TV AGAIN. never, Never, NEVER, N.E.V.E.R. Got it Bravo?

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 9
On 8/8/2018 at 10:30 PM, Rap541 said:

I think massive mistake is a bit of an understatement. This was all intentional on Jill's part. At the end of the day, Jill didn't go to Bethenny for forgiveness until Jill was forced to understand that *she* was the one that the public thought was wrong. Bethenny had to know that, that Jill was biting the bullet and choking it down to save herself, not because she was especially sorry. Jill went for Bethenny's jugular and managed to make herself look like a horrific bitch, all the worse because Bethenny was pregnant and had her dad dying all while Jill went on and on and on about how awful Bethenny was being. Let's not pretend Jillzy was all sweetness and light while EVIL BETHENNY was evil. I've watched that season, and Jill was *awful*. All this nonsense with Carole and Bethenny? They both come off like lightweights compared Jill Zarin in full on attack bitch mode.

That scene at the end of the season where Jill gives Bethenny the latkes? I don't think Bethenny was anywhere close to being able to forgive Jill on Jill's terms - where you know, Jill gets away with it with no consequences.

I do agree that Jill and Bethenny are very similar... and I don't think that is a comment that flatters Jill.

There WAS a reason there was a fairly popular blog dedicated to the hate of her that actually made it as part of a storyline.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

1) Aviva’s “Stylist” that was trying desperately to become a HW, or just be on TV

2) Luann’s house during a party

3) hmmm.... Jonathan? Kristin? 

4) Both, please. And, yes, I’d prefer Heather to beg me to eat meatballs and for Dorinda to serve the shellfish in sashimi rolls. 

fireworks 2.gif

• Love 7

Speaking of Heather, she doesn’t have her company anymore. I was checking out her instagram...I think apart from a sponsorship product thing, she’s unemployed. That’s kind of a spectacular fall. I was surprised. I read several things a while ago, can’t remember them all but it sounded like a serious business mess. I’m glad her hubby has a good job. Last thing I expected to happen to Heather of all people. On the upside, I like what she posts on instagram. She always tries to be forward moving and positive, and I find her inspiring now. Go figure I guess.

• Love 5

Oh, wow! What a bummer. After I got used to her, I ended up really liking her. She knew how to be a strong, assertive, successful woman without being obnoxious about it.  

I wish her well and am confident that she will land on her feet.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Sunfield said:

Speaking of Heather, she doesn’t have her company anymore. I was checking out her instagram...I think apart from a sponsorship product thing, she’s unemployed. That’s kind of a spectacular fall. I was surprised. I read several things a while ago, can’t remember them all but it sounded like a serious business mess. I’m glad her hubby has a good job. Last thing I expected to happen to Heather of all people. On the upside, I like what she posts on instagram. She always tries to be forward moving and positive, and I find her inspiring now. Go figure I guess.

Heather had filed some lawsuits against a few bigger, more established companies alleging that they had violated patents that her company, YT, held.  For a few of the lawsuits, the companies (I think Maidenform was one, Vanity Fair might have been another), they settled out of court to make the whole thing go away.  Heather went after Spanx in the same manner and Spanx slapped back.  It wasn't going super well, and she was kind of talking about it like she had been randomly sued by Spanx out of nowhere and they were being a bully to her, which wasn't the case, she he  provoked it with her initial lawsuit.  

Then shit got messy with her business partner, who alleged, among other things, that she was supposed to be paying the company part of her RHONY salary, and they were refusing to allow her to discuss or film anything to do with the company on the show.  She ended up leaving the company altogether.

• Love 6

I am ashamed to admit that I just finished reading Wonky-Eyed Andy's first book, Most Talkative, and in it at the end (on top of page 279) he clearly says that it's highly unlikely he'll ever work with her again. Apparently his experience working with Jill Zarin ended so badly because not only was she pushy as hell getting on WWHL - and she was mad that he didn't ask, as she put it 'the number one question everyone has, which is will you ever ask me back on the show!' - but she also, unbeknownst to Andy, had her 'team' secretly film her taping of the show, then she blabbed to the press about it, saying how she was going to carefully compare the real unedited version to whatever airs on WWHL. And that pissed Andy off no end.

"Suffice it to say I was pissed. I felt weirdly violated that someone would secretly tape me behind my back - even though its legal in New York City - and furious that we went to great effort to edit the interview fairly, including the moment she confronted me on my own show about why she was fired (a very meta moment indeed). The drama associated with that interview ensured that it is highly unlikely that I'll ever work with Jill again."

And so I think Jillzy, never a shy violet to use an inappropriate situation to pimp herself, asked Andy to film Bobby's funeral as a way to get back on the show.  In my opinion it was a disgusting thing to do, and whether or not Bobby would have approved, it's still gross. And Jill hasn't changed one iota. So if Andy takes her back now, he'll look like a schmuck extraordinaire, IMO, and he'll deserve whatever fresh hell she throws at him.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 12
On 8/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

For those of us that aren't jazzed about the possibility of JZ rejoining the NY cast, this is a bad sign imo.  

Screenshot (177).png

They're bringing back Katie from the first season of Potomac after letting her go. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Jill is signed on for the upcoming season of RHONY.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:54 AM, film noire said:

QUIZ!

1) Who is the "bitch"?

2) Where was this said?

Ohhhh, who was that girl again? Mandy something or other? Wasn't she supposed to be a "friend of..." that season and then Bravo editors left her scenes on the cutting room floor after the scenes of her that had aired didn't go over well with the audience?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

They're bringing back Katie from the first season of Potomac after letting her go. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Jill is signed on for the upcoming season of RHONY.

Ohhhh, who was that girl again? Mandy something or other? Wasn't she supposed to be a "friend of..." that season and then Bravo editors left her scenes on the cutting room floor after the scenes of her that had aired didn't go over well with the audience?

Are they going to get rid of Candiace?  Fine with me.  Katie was more interesting.  Not that I liked her but she wasn't as boring.

Mandy?  Who's Mandy?  What franchise? 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Are they going to get rid of Candiace?  Fine with me.  Katie was more interesting.  Not that I liked her but she wasn't as boring.

Mandy?  Who's Mandy?  What franchise? 

Re: Candiace, that I don't know. I kind of want her to stay now that they're bringing back Katie...just to see who would out annoy the other lol.

Re: Mandy, I can't recall if that was actually her name or something coined in the forum, but she was Aviva's friend during season six. She's the one who Heather cussed out when they were at LuAnn's home. I thought she'd been brought on as a friend of Aviva's, but after one or two episodes, she was never shown on the show again.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Re: Candiace, that I don't know. I kind of want her to stay now that they're bringing back Katie...just to see who would out annoy the other lol.

Re: Mandy, I can't recall if that was actually her name or something coined in the forum, but she was Aviva's friend during season six. She's the one who Heather cussed out when they were at LuAnn's home. I thought she'd been brought on as a friend of Aviva's, but after one or two episodes, she was never shown on the show again.

I'm still drawing a blank on Mandy.

I just 'can't' with Candaice.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm still drawing a blank on Mandy.

I just 'can't' with Candaice.

Because I need you to see this, breezy lol. The woman in the pink and white dress sitting next to Aviva was initially supposed to be a "friend of..." but after what went down at LuAnn's Hamptons home and the viewer reception to it, I think (this is purely speculation on my part) the editors just left the rest of that woman's scenes on the cutting room floor.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/videos/getting-to-the-bottom-of-bookgate

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Because I need you to see this, breezy lol. The woman in the pink and white dress sitting next to Aviva was initially supposed to be a "friend of..." but after what went down at LuAnn's Hamptons home and the viewer reception to it, I think (this is purely speculation on my part) the editors just left the rest of that woman's scenes on the cutting room floor.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/videos/getting-to-the-bottom-of-bookgate

Haha

Ahhhh.  That was an interesting night. 

• Love 3
On 7/7/2018 at 8:59 PM, breezy424 said:

Hi Tarlightner and welcome to the boards.  Honestly, I do disagree with a lot of your assessments but that's ok.  This is what this place all about.  I hope you stay.

Yeah.  I'm a NY and BH lover.  I hated to see DC end.  I thought it was much better than Potomac.  I watch NJ because I've spent most of my life there.  I gave up Atlanta years ago.  I just couldn't take it.  Dallas is boring.

Ditto, Breezy424  :)

I actually bought the single season of DC from Amazon Prime because I couldn't find it anywhere to watch.

The outlandish shenanigans on that franchise have yet to be topped, IMO.  It's my go-to if I'm laid up not feeling well or bored because I find it so wildly entertaining.

• Love 6

In season 2,  Frankel gets the cover of Social Life. The editor (who tells Bethenny she has a perfect ass, body, face, etc, so they bond) is none other than Devora Rose....arch enemy of.....TINSLEY! (Is that why Frankel had antipathy to Tinsley from the get go? Did Devora bend her ear and fill it full of anti-Tinsley gossip?) 

The photo below seems to be from a different issue of Social Life (eta:  it's actually 2009). 

I LOVE this photograph: her make-up, hair, clothing, the bare feet, her toes, the setting -- all of it feels iconic and high fashion and (paging @HunterHunted) Dominick Dunne territory --  the best photo I've ever seen of Bethenny Frankel. 

frankel social life magazine.png

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

In season 2,  Frankel gets the cover of Social Life. The editor (who tells Bethenny she has a perfect ass, body, face, etc) is none other than Devora Rose....arch enemy of.....TINSLEY! (Is that why Frankel had antipathy to Tinsley from the get go? Did Devora bend her ear and fill it full of anti-Tinsley gossip?) 

The photo below seems to be from a different issue of Social Life (years later). 

I LOVE this photograph: her make-up, hair, clothing, the bare feet, her toes, the setting -- all of it feels iconic and high fashion and (paging @HunterHunted) Dominick Dunne territory --  the best photo I've ever seen of Bethenny Frankel. 

Whoa! The painting, the couch, the bare feet. Her hair, her face. She looks amazing.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, film noire said:

In season 2,  Frankel gets the cover of Social Life. The editor (who tells Bethenny she has a perfect ass, body, face, etc) is none other than Devora Rose....arch enemy of.....TINSLEY! (Is that why Frankel had antipathy to Tinsley from the get go? Did Devora bend her ear and fill it full of anti-Tinsley gossip?) 

The photo below seems to be from a different issue of Social Life (years later). 

Holy shit. I’ve always thought Bethany was more photogenic then pretty and this just knocks it out of the park. 

• Love 6