Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

I stumbled across a Bravo Daily Dish podcast with Jill Zarin.  While it seems like there is a nostalgia about her and a softening of attitude after she lost Bobby, 3 minutes of the podcast is enough to remind you why she received so much hate and scorn.  She is horrible, the most self centered, shallow and delusional person on the planet.  (Even worse than Ramona!)  Worst of all, she is really going on all in on teasing a possible return.  First she was on WWHL and now the podcast ... please, please, please Andy, NO!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/bravo-daily-dish-podcast-itunes-spotify-amazon-alexa

{Sorry don’t know how to move a post.  This post is a duplicate of one I posted in the small talk thread.  I realized this is a more appropriate thread.}

• Love 6
(edited)

Jill Z had a bad experience this weekend.  Her little doggie, Ginger, got in trouble. 

From her Instagram:  "My best friend And companion Ginger almost drowned this weekend. She definitely saw Bobby as her Tiny frail body lay limp with her tongue hanging out of her lifeless body. My friend revived her and I believe Bobby sent her back to me. She is recovering at home but has become blind and is walking in circles . @drcindybressler says it could be temporary and will know more after a Nuerologist sees her and ophthalmologist to assess her cataracts. She is 14 and we are losing her. But she is a fighter and we will do everything possible to even have her 1 more day. Thank you @townesouthanimalhospital for saving her. #prayforginger #mybestfriend #icantloseyou"

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Jill Z had a bad experience this weekend.  Her little doggie, Ginger, got in trouble. 

From her Instagram:  "My best friend And companion Ginger almost drowned this weekend. She definitely saw Bobby as her Tiny frail body lay limp with her tongue hanging out of her lifeless body. My friend revived her and I believe Bobby sent her back to me. She is recovering at home but has become blind and is walking in circles . @drcindybressler says it could be temporary and will know more after a Nuerologist sees her and ophthalmologist to assess her cataracts. She is 14 and we are losing her. But she is a fighter and we will do everything possible to even have her 1 more day. Thank you @townesouthanimalhospital for saving her. #prayforginger #mybestfriend #icantloseyou"

This breaks my cold, black, fucking heart.  :-(

• Love 14

Yeah, I’ve had two chihuahuas...both of them died by age 14, cataracts and all—-it’s really rare for them to last beyond age 15-16. 

Poor Ginger likely won’t live through this...but what a wonderful long life she’s had as a pampered pooch!

• Love 4

SCARY ISLAND IS ON TODAY!!! Just finished watching the Kell-amity dinner incident, now enjoying Jill suddenly honking “HIIIiiiiIiiII!” at all the shocked girls back at the beach house on her little ‘surprise’ visit. 

S3 was some good shit, man; for my money, seasons 2-3 are still the best seasons, with last season rounding it all out. Much as I hated Kelly and Jill and Alex kinda annoyed me, they were good foils to all the early drama; this was also pre-crazy Sonja and pre-bitchtastic Beth.

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

SCARY ISLAND IS ON TODAY!!! Just finished watching the Kell-amity dinner incident, now enjoying Jill suddenly honking “HIIIiiiiIiiII!” at all the shocked girls back at the beach house on her little ‘surprise’ visit. 

S3 was some good shit, man; for my money, seasons 2-3 are still the best seasons, with last season rounding it all out. Much as I hated Kelly and Jill and Alex kinda annoyed me, they were good foils to all the early drama; this was also pre-crazy Sonja and pre-bitchtastic Beth.

That was one of the first episodes I saw.  I remember laughing at Beth's impersonation of Jill with the purposely (slightly more) nasal whiney voice, thinking why is she making fun of someone who sounds JUST LIKE HER?

Edited by SweetieDarling
Beth's impersonattion of Jill sounded just like Beth
  • Love 10

Ive been watching the show on Hulu and I’m currently halfway through season two. For one, I’d forgotten just how good this show was. Even with the ill advised reboot in season 5, I do think this franchise is probably the most consistently entertaining of all of them. 

Now my observations:

- Ramona is just a delightful l egg head. She is the same socially awkward person in episode one as she is now. She was so cruel to Alex and Simon clearly because they weren’t attractive and were weird. You could tell in how she’d speak about Simon. 

- Alex and Simon were shocking in season one but they did damage control in season two And by the time Alex left I remember loving her. I still wish she’d taken their offer to be a Friend in season five, but she has a new life now. 

- Kelly is the worst housewife in history of the franchise. She’s just disturbing to watch from her very first scene. I don’t understand how she passed an audition, let alone lasted three seasons. It’s bizarre anybody was friends with her, but clearly status and fame will give u a pass with this group. Originally I watched and tolerated her but now she truly disturbs me. 

• Love 15
On 5/30/2018 at 6:26 PM, KnotsLanding said:

- Kelly is the worst housewife in history of the franchise. She’s just disturbing to watch from her very first scene. I don’t understand how she passed an audition, let alone lasted three seasons. It’s bizarre anybody was friends with her, but clearly status and fame will give u a pass with this group. Originally I watched and tolerated her but now she truly disturbs me. 

There was never one moment of clarity or honest communication from her during her entire time on the show. It was like she responded in a foreign language - and a different foreign language each time, at that - any time someone spoke to her. 

And I was always a bit confused by her sense of self-importance - or rather to what she attributed much of her worth. Like Sonja, she had an unsuccessful marriage to a much older, more successful, wealthier man. And like Sonja she constantly talked it up as a point of pride. Bragging about your kids I get. Bragging about a guy who divorced you? Not so much.

• Love 22

Kelly is not intelligent. And she has no idea how stupid she is. So somehow she is arrogant, despite not knowing what is going on around her. She got away with this for years because she was very beautiful.  As she loses her looks and does odd things to her breasts and as she begins to resemble a linebacker, her ignorance becomes less cute and forgivable.

It is impressive that her daughters seem to be intelligent.

• Love 7

rewatching S5 via Hulu - sweet baby jeebuz Heather is exhausting. Oy. I don't think I could be around her for an extended period of time. It's not that she's a bad person - but she's freaking exhausting! LMAO... I get what Ramona was trying to say about her - despite her inability to articulate herself well, she wasn't wrong about Heather. I seem to remember in Heather's latter seasons she was a bit more tolerable - I still couldn't hang with her too long tho. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

rewatching S5 via Hulu - sweet baby jeebuz Heather is exhausting. Oy. I don't think I could be around her for an extended period of time. It's not that she's a bad person - but she's freaking exhausting! LMAO... I get what Ramona was trying to say about her - despite her inability to articulate herself well, she wasn't wrong about Heather. I seem to remember in Heather's latter seasons she was a bit more tolerable - I still couldn't hang with her too long tho. 

You're right. Heather isn't a bad person, but she's just....too much. She's really overbearing. I think it's possible she did some self-reflection and changed a bit after watching herself; because, you're right, she wasn't as OTT toward the end of her run on RH. 

• Love 4

I think that a lot of people forget that not only was season 5 Heather's first season, but her father died 2 or 3 days before her first day of filming. I don't think she had her head together for that entire season. I think she was scattered and a bit desperate because no one knew each other well enough to just reach out to her. Half the cast was new and essentially unknown and the vets were fearful that they'd be kicked to the curb.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think that a lot of people forget that not only was season 5 Heather's first season, but her father died 2 or 3 days before her first day of filming. I don't think she had her head together for that entire season. I think she was scattered and a bit desperate because no one knew each other well enough to just reach out to her. Half the cast was new and essentially unknown and the vets were fearful that they'd be kicked to the curb.

My memories of Heather from all her seasons was that she seemed nice enough, but didn’t always read people or situations that well. She seemed to have an especially bad sense of when people needed her to just back off. And her listening skills would sort of come and go. That part was weird to me, at times she seemed like a really good listener, but an equal amount of time she was frustratingly obtuse. It was weird. She was vascilate between too cool and nice  to be on RHONY and too annoying to be on RHONY. I could never figure it out. BUT! But the combination of grief (and grief she seemed to be trying to keep off camera) and maybe just not being the most natural on camera person (I mean that as a compliment) contributed to her up and down personality.

• Love 3

I wish Heather and Kristin would both come back.  Carole was much more enjoyable around them.  I always felt like Kristin was the Charlie Brown of the show, she just couldn't do anything right in any one's eyes, Bethenney instantly wrote her off, Sonja and Ramona talked down to her, even Heather showed her worst side the way she treated Kristin in Montana.  But I really enjoyed her, I thought she had a good heart and was funny. 

• Love 12

I've always been sort of uncomfortable watching Ramona kick Jill out of the house on Scary Island. I thought it was just extreme secondhand embarrassment for Jill, but it's really because Bobby was there watching his wife get shunned. He was probably more hurt than Jill was and didn't know how to and really couldn't react to it all. 

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Wicked said:

I wish Heather and Kristin would both come back.  Carole was much more enjoyable around them.  I always felt like Kristin was the Charlie Brown of the show, she just couldn't do anything right in any one's eyes, Bethenney instantly wrote her off, Sonja and Ramona talked down to her, even Heather showed her worst side the way she treated Kristin in Montana.  But I really enjoyed her, I thought she had a good heart and was funny. 

she was just a regular person, kinda like Teddi on RHOBH

• Love 5

I don't know how Jill is doing lately. A lot has happened and I have decided to start fresh with her, if we get to see more of her in the future.  My opinion of her has been all over the place. I used to like her a lot, then, I despised her a lot, then, I was just confused by her.  After she left the show, I would see her occasionally on various shows and though she looked gorgeous, (Very youthful and fresh.) however,  she seemed to be so fake in her demeanor.  She seemed to be playing a character that I was not familiar with.  I commented on it a few times, wondering why the real Jill didn't come out.  What was she hiding? Why this false persona?  Did anyone notice this?  

The last time that I saw Jill, before Bobby's death, I think was on WWHL and she seemed a little more like herself, but still guarded.  I hope she's doing well and can resume life with more of herself.  I don't mind if she returns to the show, but, I would imagine she might be very vulnerable right now.  I do hope that she doesn't trust Bethenny at this time.  That would not end well, imo. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Jill and Dina have been close for a long time and Lindsay and Aly are friends.

I never knew! That's interesting to me. I just peeked at the photos on Jill's Insta. Looks like they had a beautiful vacation.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He's the president of an apparel company, Marcraft Apparel Group, and sounds like a tennis fan, so their trip to Wimbledon makes sense.  Six months she waited.  She wasn't "all alone" for long.  

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2017/09/11/WTA.aspx

"Marcraft’s brands include TOMMY HILFIGER, JONES NEW YORK, MARC ECKO, and WILLIS & WALKER. Marcraft Apparel is always on the cutting edge of men’s fashion and discovering new fabrications, new silhouettes and finding ways to differentiate their designs."

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

He's the president of an apparel company, Marcraft Apparel Group, and sounds like a tennis fan, so their trip to Wimbledon makes sense.  Six months she waited.  She wasn't "all alone" for long.  

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2017/09/11/WTA.aspx

"Marcraft’s brands include TOMMY HILFIGER, JONES NEW YORK, MARC ECKO, and WILLIS & WALKER. Marcraft Apparel is always on the cutting edge of men’s fashion and discovering new fabrications, new silhouettes and finding ways to differentiate their designs."

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Bobby was sick for so long and his death wasn't unexpected, so 6 months may not be as quick as it looks to us. Oh, and DM may call him her "boyfriend" when in reality he is just a friend that happens to be a guy. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
(edited)
Just now, WireWrap said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Bobby was sick for so long and his death wasn't unexpected, so 6 months may not be as quick as it looks to us.

I get that.  Everyone grieves and recovers differently.  Can't help but wonder what she would say if it were someone else.

• Love 4
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

I get that.  Can't help but wonder what she would say if it were someone else.

I'm sure she would have been "shocked" before Bobby got sick/died but now that she has been through that, her attitude/view may be different.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Bobby was sick for so long and his death wasn't unexpected, so 6 months may not be as quick as it looks to us. Oh, and DM may call him her "boyfriend" when in reality he is just a friend that happens to be a guy. 

I'm not sure how I feel about it either but I try not to judge.

ETA: Who or what is DM?   Dorinda Medley? Daily Mail?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I get that.  Everyone grieves and recovers differently.  Can't help but wonder what she would say if it were someone else.

If it were someone else and if she were say on the show again, she would totally be judging them.

I dont judge her for it though. Didnt Patton Oswald move on like a year after his wife died? 

• Love 2
(edited)

It may just be a friendship but as someone above said, Bobby was sick for a long time so maybe it's companionship but not really a romance.  One grieves the whole time a loved one is terminal, if they aren't in denial about what is happening (anticipatory grief ) so when they do die, it is very different than if they died suddenly.

https://whatsyourgrief.com/anticipatory-grief/ 

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If it were someone else and if she were say on the show again, she would totally be judging them.

I dont judge her for it though. Didnt Patton Oswald move on like a year after his wife died? 

He may have, not sure.  Men are generally the ones who move on more quickly.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Jill confirmed on IG that they are dating.

Good for her (I guess), it is too soon for my taste but as long as she is ready/happy then go for it.

• Love 5

ThIs is going to be a long one.... feel free to skip as it is only filled with my opinions of the last 10 years of our friends in NYC. I haven’t known you all until today, so I thought I’d introduce myself. Feel free to post your disagreements and I’m ok if you’re snarky, but if you’re TOO snarky and get the forum closed for 12 hours, I will cut a b*tch... I’m in bed with a back injury. This forum (that I just found today) is life right now.  (Yes, I’m that pathetic- I realize that there are actual books, with substance, available to me). So.... here’s my take on the old and current wives. 

Alex- no, sweetie... editing can’t put words in your mouth. You actually said, “well, it’s always nice be photographed,” and, “when people see you with people who move in higher and higher levels of society...” yuck.

BUT, she also said, “the fire is in me,” and “while you’re a mean girl, I’m in Brooklyn trying to make money..” a little redemption, but still glad she’s in Australia. I wonder how the boys turned out? I don’t wonder about Simon at all. 

Aviva- I’m embarrassed about the level of dislike I have for someone I don’t know. I’ve judged her.  I can’t stand her.  Her father is a lech.  I wouldn’t cross the street to talk to her. 

Cindy- a Bravo mistake

Kristin- her cast mates didn’t want to listen to her during filming.  She couldn’t get a word in during the reunions... because no one cares- including me. 

Heather- a little bit of a know it all that tries too hard sometimes- reminds me of myself which is why I don’t love some things about her.  I don’t miss her on the show.  

The Jewish-Japanese- American with the eating disorder- I can’t remember her name and I just saw it while reading this thread before weighing in. 

Jill- she had her 15 mins, we’ve taken a break, it wouldn’t be horrible to see what happens if they bring her back for a season... I’m curious. 

Tinsley- too shallow for my taste. I wouldn’t be sad if she moved to “friend of” status.

Luann- we’ve laughed, we’ve cried, we’ve had our differences, but I’m still watching. Glad Tom story line is over. 

Ramona- she just has so little intuition and emotional intelligence that I always expect her to be self-serving.  The lack of expectation is what saves our relationship. 

Sonja- loved her during her first season and during her more “genuine” moments.  When she slips into the character that she created for herself, I hit fast forward. 

Dorinda- I wish she would realize that she’s enough for the show on her own- she annoys me when she tries to pop into others’ story lines.  She should stick to one too many margaritas, Dorinda. 

Carole- love her voice- when she uses it.  Love her wit and respect her for what she’s accomplished b4 housewives.  I like her better as a sidekick to Bethenny than as a Big Sister to Tinsley. 

After reading this forum... this isn’t going to be popular...

Bethenny- I like her. I respect that she makes no apologies, and across all housewives franchises, she’s been the smartest about cashing in on our voyeurism- she’s built an empire AND gives back.  And she does it all out there for us to see.  I like her. 

So, that’s my take... anxious to read your reactions.  

Nice to “meet you all,” and thank you for relieving my boredom through this injury.  It’s also great to know that I’m not alone...

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

ThIs is going to be a long one.... feel free to skip as it is only filled with my opinions of the last 10 years of our friends in NYC. I haven’t known you all until today, so I thought I’d introduce myself. Feel free to post your disagreements and I’m ok if you’re snarky, but if you’re TOO snarky and get the forum closed for 12 hours, I will cut a b*tch... I’m in bed with a back injury. This forum (that I just found today) is life right now.  (Yes, I’m that pathetic- I realize that there are actual books, with substance, available to me). So.... here’s my take on the old and current wives. 

Alex- no, sweetie... editing can’t put words in your mouth. You actually said, “well, it’s always nice be photographed,” and, “when people see you with people who move in higher and higher levels of society...” yuck.

BUT, she also said, “the fire is in me,” and “while you’re a mean girl, I’m in Brooklyn trying to make money..” a little redemption, but still glad she’s in Australia. I wonder how the boys turned out? I don’t wonder about Simon at all. 

Aviva- I’m embarrassed about the level of dislike I have for someone I don’t know. I’ve judged her.  I can’t stand her.  Her father is a lech.  I wouldn’t cross the street to talk to her. 

Cindy- a Bravo mistake

Kristin- her cast mates didn’t want to listen to her during filming.  She couldn’t get a word in during the reunions... because no one cares- including me. 

Heather- a little bit of a know it all that tries too hard sometimes- reminds me of myself which is why I don’t love some things about her.  I don’t miss her on the show.  

The Jewish-Japanese- American with the eating disorder- I can’t remember her name and I just saw it while reading this thread before weighing in. 

Kelly- don’t want to give her more space than this. 

Jill- she had her 15 mins, we’ve taken a break, it wouldn’t be horrible to see what happens if they bring her back for a season... I’m curious. 

Tinsley- too shallow for my taste. I wouldn’t be sad if she moved to “friend of” status.

Luann- we’ve laughed, we’ve cried, we’ve had our differences, but I’m still watching. Glad Tom story line is over. 

Ramona- she just has so little intuition and emotional intelligence that I always expect her to be self-serving.  The lack of expectation is what saves our relationship. 

Sonja- loved her during her first season and during her more “genuine” moments.  When she slips into the character that she created for herself, I hit fast forward. 

Dorinda- I wish she would realize that she’s enough for the show on her own- she annoys me when she tries to pop into others’ story lines.  She should stick to one too many margaritas, Dorinda. 

Carole- love her voice- when she uses it.  Love her wit and respect her for what she’s accomplished b4 housewives.  I like her better as a sidekick to Bethenny than as a Big Sister to Tinsley. 

Bethenny- I like her. I respect that she makes no apologies, and across all housewives franchises, she’s been the smartest about cashing in on our voyeurism- she’s built an empire AND gives back.  And she does it all out there for us to see.  I like her. 

Nice to “meet you all,” and thank you for relieving my boredom through this injury.  It’s also great to know that I’m not alone...

Well @Taralightner, welcome and I'm glad you found the forums.  Sorry about your injury.

Can't say that I disagree with you about your RHONY assessments, other than to say that I don't hold BF in the same esteem that you do.  Not going to argue with you about it, as it doesn't affect my life one way or the other, lol.

Read on, enjoy, and get well soon!

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Cindy- a Bravo mistake

Welcome! Sorry about your back, hope you are up and running about sooner than later. Just be careful, this site/these shows can be a bit addictive! LOL And no matter who is/is not your favorite HW, this is a wonderful group of posters to chat with/laugh with/debate with. 

They all, HWs, have their pros/cons, except Aviva (she is all con IMO). With Sonja, I think what we saw her first season was the act and now we see the real Sonja. She is a mess! LOL

As for Bethenny, I liked her, her first 3 seasons but that changed during her spin off. Yes, she was/is smart and cashed in on the show/her popularity and made a mint, she is a hard worker for sure and, although her "giving back" is new, very new, good for her. But I find her way too caustic/nasty/mean/judgmental and a hypocrite (big time hypocrite IMO). 

Again, Welcome!

• Love 8

@WireWrap- thank you!!

addictive isn’t the word for my abuse of most of the housewives franchises. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve rewatched NY (all seasons) and others when they are on tv- they are all set to record new, and repeat episodes. Drives my husband nuts, but is always my go-to for sick days, snow days, rainy days, lazy days... finding this forum was like Christmas in July! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I’m in bed with a back injury. This forum (that I just found today) is life right now.  (Yes, I’m that pathetic- I realize that there are actual books, with substance, available to me). So.... here’s my take on the old and current wives. 

First of all, I'm sorry about your back injury.  I hope you're feeling better soon.  Secondly, what are these books you speak of? lol.  

There have been times when I thought that I should find something more productive to do with my evenings, but then I snap myself back to reality and realize that I'd miss out on all of the snark if I did that!   I watch the NYC, Beverly Hills and Orange County franchises.  I just can't quit them!

I think that we're all anxiously awaiting the next episode of this particular shit show! The forums will be on fire!

• Love 8

@ChitChat- thank you!! 

Those are my top 3 as well! I will watch NJ, and ATL, but not over and over. I liked DC but have never been able to get into Potomac. 

6 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

@Taralightner.....welcome!

Agree with everything but my girl Heather.  I’d love for her to come back.  Oh, and no.thank.you to Jill’s return.

@ButterQueen- thanks for the welcome! Again, I think my thing with Heather is that I see stuff from my own behavior that I’m working to change. 

• Love 3

Hi Tarlightner and welcome to the boards.  Honestly, I do disagree with a lot of your assessments but that's ok.  This is what this place all about.  I hope you stay.

Yeah.  I'm a NY and BH lover.  I hated to see DC end.  I thought it was much better than Potomac.  I watch NJ because I've spent most of my life there.  I gave up Atlanta years ago.  I just couldn't take it.  Dallas is boring.

• Love 5