Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

@WireWrap- thank you!!

addictive isn’t the word for my abuse of most of the housewives franchises. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve rewatched NY (all seasons) and others when they are on tv- they are all set to record new, and repeat episodes. Drives my husband nuts, but is always my go-to for sick days, snow days, rainy days, lazy days... finding this forum was like Christmas in July! 

Welcome TaraLightner! Enjoy your sick, snow, rainy and lazy days! I have just semi retired and my grand babies this week moved from here (Canada and very close by) to Texas. Much time on my hands now. 

Really enjoy the folks here!

• Love 4

A big happy forum welcome to @Taralightner! Glad you are here. I probably won't always agree with you, but I will respect your opinions. I am an avid HW watcher and used to drive my husband (God rest his soul) crazy doing so. I found this forum a few months ago while recuperating from a two year illness so I understand what these posters can be for your well-being. 

I am with you on one thing, I am also a BF fan from the beginning. 

Happy Posting!

• Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

@AnnA- ? Do you and @breezy424 like BF or is it the opposite? I know that opinion isn’t popular here. 

Sorry about that post.   There was a lot more there but it's gone now.  I've been trying to edit out breezy's name but this damn iPad hates this forum and keeps skipping around.

Welcome!

I am Team Bethenny and have been since day one.  There are more Bethenny fans here than you might think.  Some of them are just quieter than others.  I enjoy her quick wit and smart ass remarks. She makes the show for me and NY is my favorite. It's gradually becoming my "only" HW show too.    I gave up ATL in the first season.  BH and the OC both suck; I will not watch NJ on principle and never watched the others.  I did like DC though but that's because I'm a political junkie. 

The Jewish/Japanese/American HW whose name you forgot is Jules.

I pretty much agree with your assessment of the HWs with few exceptions.   I don't want Jill back and I'm less impressed with Carole's ABC career than most.   She wasn't really a journalist. She was part of a large production team. The team won the Emmy, not just Carole. 

ETA:   I can't speak for Breezy..

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

@AnnA- thanks for the welcome! 

I think there are glitches inside the coding of this site as I’ve been getting weird error messages and have had trouble with editing, too.  

NY is absolutely my favorite. ATL is always a scream fest- as Ramona said on their way to AC, “I CAN’T, I just CAN’T”

I love BH and still watch OC... but that one is getting old for me. I watch NJ, but not over and over. What is the principle that has you not like it? Is it a Jersey thing? A Teresa issue? 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

@AnnA- thanks for the welcome! 

I think there are glitches inside the coding of this site as I’ve been getting weird error messages and have had trouble with editing, too.  

NY is absolutely my favorite. ATL is always a scream fest- as Ramona said on their way to AC, “I CAN’T, I just CAN’T”

I love BH and still watch OC... but that one is getting old for me. I watch NJ, but not over and over. What is the principle that has you not like it? Is it a Jersey thing? A Teresa issue? 

It's definitely a Teresa thing.   I hate that Bravo didn't fire her ass.   Instead they supported the Giudice family featuring Juicey Joe, the pig and exploiting her children while she was locked up.    I won't even click on anything related to that show.  They stiffed a slew of contractors to build that gaudy mausoleum and drive expensive cars.    It's disgusting. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m totally judging Jill.  ?

Right??? Isn't that what we do on these snark boards? Judge the heck out of these people who put themselves out there for public consumption? 

It seems too soon, to me. I've never been there, but I feel like I'd be too exhausted to want to put effort into another relationship. 

I think Jill just hates to be alone. 

• Love 7

I don't know that I am judging Jill, I honestly don't know if I care enough to call it judging....

It seems a little soon. I don't think she's disrespecting Bobby, or Bobby's memory (Bobby seemed the sort to tell her to find happiness after and wouldn't grudge it). I think she might not be giving herself time to really feel *how she feels* about life without Bobby.

I don't particularly like Jill but I wouldn't want to see anyone jump into a bad relationship quickly simply out of fear of being alone. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Right??? Isn't that what we do on these snark boards? Judge the heck out of these people who put themselves out there for public consumption? 

It seems too soon, to me. I've never been there, but I feel like I'd be too exhausted to want to put effort into another relationship. 

I think Jill just hates to be alone. 

Hasn’t been a year since he passed? Or close to it? I’m not offended by her dating or not dating. I DO agree that she doesn’t want to be alone. I don’t love everything she has done, and I think SHE’S judgmental, but I think it’s been close to a year... 

I think he died in early February or late January. So about six months. I mean, just because Lady Mary Crawley uncrossed her legs and said "Let the games begin" after killing her husband with her death vagina, that doesn't mean we all have to do it.

• Love 8

He died on January 13, 2018 but had been very sick since 2016. 

Jill strikes me as someone who doesn’t like to be alone and also a bit of a caretaker. With Aly an adult I could see her wanting to move on quickly which is also not uncommon. Also, dating someone doesn’t mean your over your spouse and as long as both of them are on the same page about their relationship I don’t see an issue.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

It's definitely a Teresa thing.   I hate that Bravo didn't fire her ass.   Instead they supported the Giudice family featuring Juicey Joe, the pig and exploiting her children while she was locked up.    I won't even click on anything related to that show.  They stiffed a slew of contractors to build that gaudy mausoleum and drive expensive cars.    It's disgusting. 

This.  I get sick of seeing her in US magazine, etc. too.   But I stopped watching NJ after the first (?I think?) season because there was that one woman who was very very scary to me.  I don't remember her name.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This.  I get sick of seeing her in US magazine, etc. too.   But I stopped watching NJ after the first (?I think?) season because there was that one woman who was very very scary to me.  I don't remember her name.

Do you mean Danielle? They brought her back last season as a FOH!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

All of them.

LOL!

Just now, WireWrap said:

Do you mean Danielle? They brought her back last season as a FOH!

Yes!  It was Danielle, I think!    Oh boy, she is back?????

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

LOL!

Yes!  It was Danielle, I think!    Oh boy, she is back?????

Yes, as a FOH and Teresa's/Melissa's friend no less! LOL I haven't watched that show since the felons pled guilty but Bravo's home page announced her return and her friendship with T/M. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The only think that has changed about JZ is her marital status.  #SeeHowAwesomeHerLifeIs?

Screenshot (143).png

I think she’s coming back to the show. Speculation. But, I’m trying to prepare you... 

• Love 2
On July 29, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Taralightner said:

I think she’s coming back to the show. Speculation. But, I’m trying to prepare you... 

I hope not.    I'm getting a headache just thinking about her voice.

Season 10 may not have finished airing but they are done filming which means Carole Radziwill is no longer a HW. That said,  I'm happy she'll be here in the Ghosts of HWs Past thread instead of on my TV.   I'm tired of looking at her sour puss.

• Love 6

I'm already not coming back next year because Carole will be gone (really none of the women left captivate me enough to devote weekly viewings, and Bethenny now works my ever-loving nerves, so...), but gut god help the women should Jill return. Ugh. 

• Love 6

Has anyone else seen this?

She is the ONLY NY wife to ever leave the show on her own terms? I'm willing to bet Alex, Heather, Kristen, Jules, and Carole would all beg to differ.

How fucking arrogant can this woman get?

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 11

It must give Bethenny some small solace to make these claims since her recent attempts (her talk show, the show with Fredrik) to make it on TV have shown her that people aren’t all that invested in what she has to offer. 

• Love 10

I never thought that I would write this, but I am now more sympathetic toward Kelly, after watching Beth this season. 

“Stawp, just stawp.”

Beth is incapable of backing down. It may appear, on the surface, that she is winning these mini, trivial battles (“It wasn’t a Saturday; it was a Sunday.” “I didn’t call Adam... I didn’t text Adam...I didn’t email Adam...”). But she’s losing the war. She is never going to learn from these failed relationships. Because she thinks she knows it all. She will never learn empathy or humility. Bryn will suffer most. 

• Love 6

Bethenny is empathetic.   Who comforted LuAnn after she was the recipient of Slurinda's latest drunken attack?    Who held Carole's hair back while she vomited on the boat?  Who gently cleaned the lipstick and spit off Slurinda's face and chin?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

This leads me back to something I mentioned a few episodes back. I think for some, there's comfort in seeing the performance of sympathy. To me, there's nothing great about saying mean things to me/about me then turning around a day or two or weeks later to hug on me. No one has ever bought it when Ramona did it. I'm not buying it when Bethenny does it.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

To me, there's nothing great about saying mean things to me/about me then turning around a day or two or weeks later to hug on me

Which is what pissed me off so much about Carole this season.   She trashed Bethenny repeatedly every chance she got, i.e., in her THs, in her blogs and to the other HWs and then she has the nerve to kiss Bethenny and say "I love you."   What a crock!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Which is what pissed me off so much about Carole this season.   She trashed Bethenny repeatedly every chance she got, i.e., in her THs, in her blogs and to the other HWs and then she has the nerve to kiss Bethenny and say "I love you."   What a crock!

Apparently because this is Bethenny's way of thinking things are all great. Carole even said at that first dinner with Bethenny after the holidays that she's not a hugger. I could see that she hugged Bethenny because she knew it was what Bethenny wanted and not because she believes hugging erases everything. We see Bethenny wanting the same thing in Colombia as well: to hug Carole at the table after the ladies left them to talk (but before the moment where Bethenny couldn't keep Carole's name out her mouth to the other ladies).

For Bethenny clearly the performance is of utmost importance, so Carole acquiesced on that front thinking it would cool Bethenny of her bitchery and assholishness. Carole thought wrong.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

This leads me back to something I mentioned a few episodes back. I think for some, there's comfort in seeing the performance of sympathy. To me, there's nothing great about saying mean things to me/about me then turning around a day or two or weeks later to hug on me. No one has ever bought it when Ramona did it. I'm not buying it when Bethenny does it.

I'm not buying it when Carole does it either and that's because IMO she's cold as ice.

Edited by AnnA
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

If Carole ever really considered B a Friend why begrudge her a hug when she’s upset? I’m not a touchy feelie person myself so I get that but it costs me nothing but a moment of being uncomfortable when a friend past or present needs it. I’ve even found it in my cold black heart to extend a hug to an ex or two when it could make them feel a little better. Again, Carole is one cold clammy fish :)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny is empathetic.   Who comforted LuAnn after she was the recipient of Slurinda's latest drunken attack?    Who held Carole's hair back while she vomited on the boat?  Who gently cleaned the lipstick and spit off Slurinda's face and chin?

After verbally slaughtering Lu in the Berkshires in a previous season, Beth regretted it, because she didn’t like being that kind of person, not because she made Lu feel horrible. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'm not buying it when Carole does it either and that's because IMO she's cold as ice.

Wasn't your original statement that Bethenny is empathetic because she hugs people or holds their hair back while they puke? My response was that it doesn't mean that she's empathetic; to me it means that Bethenny likes the performance of it all. She wants to be able to lambast and say cutting things (which doesn't strike me as empathetic, but OK...) then to hug it out because she (much like Ramona) thinks that the physical petting makes everything well again. She gets to say, "See, I did this thing for you." Carole knows that Bethenny likes the act of hugging things out, and since Carole has made it clear she's not a huggy type of person, she did it for Bethenny's sake.

The thing that's so funny to me about Bethenny performing sorrow is that it's clear she still very much holds onto her anger and disdain. That's why I keep referring to it as performance. Carole and she hugged it out at their sit down after the holidays. Bethenny made it seem like all was well...then a few weeks later they're all going to a welcome home retreat for LuAnn and Bethenny decides she's not riding up with Carole, and at dinner she decides that she doesn't want to sit at the same end of the table as Carole.

I mean, Bethenny is more and more Jill Zarin than I'm sure she'd care to realize.

• Love 8

I don't think Bethenny's actions were performance art (faking it) when she comforted Lu after Dorinda's meltdown or when she cleaned up Dorinda's face.  I'm not saying she doesn't lash out verbally; she does but when she's comforting someone, I believe it's real or she wouldn't bother.   That doesn't mean she won't trash talk you tomorrow if she feels the need but at that moment her comforting gestures are genuine.  On the flip side, Carole doesn't have the ability to comfort anyone.  She's stiff and very cold.   She's also good at trash talking.  Her THs were probably the nastiest of all the NY HWs this season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

I don't think Bethenny's actions were performance art (faking it) when she comforted Lu after Dorinda's meltdown or when she cleaned up Dorinda's face.  I'm not saying she doesn't lash out verbally; she does but when she's comforting someone, I believe it's real or she wouldn't bother.   That doesn't mean she won't trash talk you tomorrow if she feels the need but at that moment her comforting gestures are genuine.  On the flip side, Carole doesn't have the ability to comfort anyone.  She's stiff and very cold.   She's also good at trash talking.  Her THs were probably the nastiest of all the NY HWs this season.

Bethenny also doesn’t make it a big deal when she does comfort someone. To hear old girl Carole talk it was like stabbing herself having to give someone a hug. Ugh so glad I wont have to see her again.

• Love 5
On 8/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, SailorGirl said:

That dress is GORGEOUS and I WANT IT NOW. 

Found it . . . its Carolina Herrera, and about $6,000 . . . and sold out . . . :-( 

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447196356&ranMID=13816&ranEAID=tZkYzve9Cvk&ranSiteID=tZkYzve9Cvk-j9wBEFLTnSJRiYIDcTZtRQ&site_refer=AFF001&mid=13816&siteID=tZkYzve9Cvk-j9wBEFLTnSJRiYIDcTZtRQ&LSoid=365991&LSlinkid=10&LScreativeid=1

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Found it . . . its Carolina Herrera, and about $6,000 . . . and sold out . . . :-( 

I think it's a lovely dress, but it's too much for tiny Jill.  the dress is wearing her, not the other way around.  I would love it, but unfortunately I'm short like Jill and would have the same problem not that I could begin to afford it!!

• Love 5

Jill should have had the dress tailored to fit her. That hemline probably could have been brought up three inches and the bodice could have had a better fit (the fabric is bunched under her chest). Also, as someone else noted, those nude wedges were not the shoe for that dress.

• Love 1

I don't care for that dress and I agree that it doesn't fit Jill properly. It's a case of "that dress is wearing you."  OTOH, I could totally see her daughter in it if it's tailored. I remember her as having more olive skin, dark hair and blue eyes. Great coloring for the dress. 

Is it just me, or does Jill look a lot better with bangs?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Carolina+Herrera+Confetti

$1,947.00 

I sort of thought the dress was a bit young for her, but maybe it's just because I'm not a fan.  Of either, lol.

wow -- that's quite a price difference from ModaOperandi. This seems to be a dress that actually looks better on women with curves than a straight, stick figure model -- it is just hanging on the model in this picture -- isn't fitted to her AT ALL. Jill looks better in it than the runway model. I think if your chest is too big (ahem -- me, not Jill) that blue band might overemphasize them, as in . . "hi! Here are my boobs!" (I had a dress from White House/Black Market that did that -- I wore it once), but I think if you've got a good figure with some curves, this dress would be stunning. Looking at it on the model, if you've got boobs for it to "rest" on, that is going to bring in the waist as it should be. On the model, she's so flat, there's nothing to help define the shape of the dress.

Gotta love an A-line. 

I love the length -- I think it would look too juvenile if it were shorter. 

large_carolina-herrera-white-embroidered-confetti-dress.jpg

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, AnnA said:

On the flip side, Carole doesn't have the ability to comfort anyone.  She's stiff and very cold.  

But didn't Carole comfort Bethenny (in the store + over Jason) and Dorinda (in London) and Sonja (over losing her lovah Tom) and Heather (over her kid)?

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, film noire said:

But didn't Carole comfort Bethenny (in the store + over Jason) and Dorinda (in London) and Sonja (over losing her lovah Tom) and Heather (over her kid)?

She made an attempt but she's not very good at it.   There's no warmth 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, AnnA said:

She made an attempt but she's not very good at it.   There's no warmth 

Dorinda and Heather seemed to think that she was good at it and were comforted by it which was what she was attempting to do. Bethenny also seemed to be comforted by it at the time and which is presumably why she is sad about the loss of their friendship.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Dorinda and Heather seemed to think that she was good at it and were comforted by it which was what she was attempting to do. Bethenny also seemed to be comforted by it at the time and high is presumably why she is sad about the loss of their friendship.

Ok. I don't know about Heather.  If it happened during the years Bethenny was  gone I wasn't watching.   I saw Bethenny and Carole in the furniture store and I was less than impressed with Carole's "comforting" skills.   As for Dorinda I think she was able to relate because they both lost husbands.  

• Love 1