Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:01 AM, biakbiak said:

I don’t know how it was on her timeline because it’s no longer there but there is pic of both of them in the post.

Hmmm, it was just her on the photo I saw.  Maybe she's changing them???

14 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Does anyone miss the charity events? It seems like they were a bigger thing in the past.

Oooh, you are right. Maybe as their egos grow, they focus more on themselves. That seems to be the opposite of what the producers were originally aiming for. Let’s see. There was Ramona’s Henri Bendel event. The auction where Barbara outed Lu. Ramona’s botched abused children event. Maybe that was the most recent charity event?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oooh, you are right. Maybe as their egos grow, they focus more on themselves. That seems to be the opposite of what the producers were originally aiming for. Let’s see. There was Ramona’s Henri Bendel event. The auction where Barbara outed Lu. Ramona’s botched abused children event. Maybe that was the most recent charity event?

Didn't Tinsley do an animal rescue event?   I hope she wasn't just selling designer doggie outfits. LOL

• Love 3
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I do believe Tinsley had altruistic goals.

I think you're right - she spent a gap year volunteering for Habitat for Humanity (in her twenties) instead of traveling with friends/partying like she was on an endless spring break/etc. 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I would like to discuss the Uber/ukulele nonsense here, because I’d rather not read that Frankel is a publicity mastermind, since her thread is 9,172 pages long.

I enjoyed all the Twitter comments. I’d estimate that 85+% are negative/critical. Did you see the one that mentioned, no wonder her divorce dragged out for three years?

As many posted, this kind of pettiness and entitlement really undermines her charity efforts.

I wonder what her Uber rating is.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Another person on twitter said she was having brunch in a restaurant and Bryn was annoying everyone with her Ukelele playing there as well. In her most recent instastory, she shows Bryn "playing" her ukelele on the flight home from LA to NYC with the caption "in flight entertainment".

She's teaching Bryn a valuable lesson.

Fuck Everyone! You can do whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, because you are Bethenny Frankel's daughter. 

The rest of the world, "Oh God, here comes that kid with the ukelele again".

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’d rather not read that Beth is a publicity mastermind

Apparently her being dragged on twitter right now proves otherwise. She's made herself out to be petty, entitled and obnoxious. Not good for her brand, business or personal.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Another person on twitter said she was having brunch in a restaurant and Bryn was annoying everyone with her Ukelele playing there as well. In her most recent instastory, she shows Bryn "playing" her ukelele on the flight home from LA to NYC with the caption "in flight entertainment".

Only if she and Bryn were flying private and the crew had earplugs.

Otherwise, it's annoying.

I hope the next dozen flights she books are all serving fish and she has a hell of a time changing her reservations.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 9:43 AM, Happy Camper said:

She's teaching Bryn a valuable lesson.

Fuck Everyone! You can do whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, because you are Bethenny Frankel's daughter. 

The rest of the world, "Oh God, here comes that kid with the ukelele again".

Who knew THIS could be the bridge too far re B and my like for her?

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I used to love B. She was funny, self deprecating and the underdog.

Can't remember when or why I crossed over. It had something to do with some of the narrative that she was putting forward not really seeming to be as truthful as it should be. I started looking beyond her words and into her actions. That was it for me.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I used to love B. She was funny, self deprecating and the underdog.

Can't remember when or why I crossed over. It had something to do with some of the narrative that she was putting forward not really seeming to be as truthful as it should be. I started looking beyond her words and into her actions. That was it for me.

When she came back to the show crying about being homeless despite owning TWO properties was when I started side-eyeing her. The attitude she gave to Heather and Kristen didn't help. It was plainly obvious that she thought she was better than everybody when she jumped right back into the muck and started wallowing.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

It was plainly obvious that she thought she was better than everybody when she jumped right back into the muck and started wallowing.

After she left the show she acted like RH franchise was beneath her. She was moving on to bigger and better things, then when those didn't pan out because well, too much Bethenny is just too much Bethenny, she had to come back to plug SG and keep herself in front of cameras. 

I will not be surprised should she try to make a comeback when she fails to "execute" her new productions. 

And the Beat Goes On....La dee da.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I will not be surprised should she try to make a comeback when she fails to "execute" her new productions.

I won't either. My only hope is that she seemed to seriously torch her bridges by bailing right as filming started and leaving everybody in the lurch. Plus, the ratings didn't go up that much when she came back.

Bravo and the other wives might not welcome her back with open arms next time. 

• Love 6

I only saw it briefly, but did you see B's insta story of her hand next to I think a sweatshirt or something that said "Gratitude" - and I think B's caption was something like, "Or bragging?" I wish I could remember exactly what it said. But if I was reading it correctly, the irony seemed lost on her that all she does lately seems to be bragging under the guise of gratitude. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Heh. Someone on Twitter posted:

You’re tweeting an awful lot these days. Hope you are well.

Between twitter and IG it often seems the only times she isn’t on SM is when she is sleeping. I am surprised she doesn’t have one of her assistants film her sleeping and post it so 6-8 hours don’t go by where she isn’t on SM.

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So .... does this mean B ends her battles with Jason?  Enjoys a brief honeymoon period with Paul and then let the battles with Paul begin?

Recently I read an article and comments about Brynn. With a Ukulele.    Is it wrong of me to think that B put an article out there for promo?   Or would B actually think her daughter should be able to do whatever she wants, wherever she wants? Or both?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

So .... does this mean B ends her battles with Jason?  Enjoys a brief honeymoon period with Paul and then let the battles with Paul begin?

Recently I read an article and comments about Brynn. With a Ukulele.    Is it wrong of me to think that B put an article out there for promo?   Or would B actually think her daughter should be able to do whatever she wants, wherever she wants? Or both?

Most people believe that Frankel was flexing her entitlement muscles again. 

I don’t think she was trying to promote something (unless she was trying to promote the idea that she’s still an a- - - ole). If she was, it backfired egregiously. Even her fans were posting, “I love you, but...” To the point that one of Frankel’s minions deleted her original rants.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4
On 12/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, Natalie68 said:

LOL (We all break, Natalie! At some point, WE ALL BREAK!!!)

I defended Frankel during the season she returned (that whole food thing with Heather in the Berkshires? - I defended Bethenny! - the shame of those posts haunt me still... )

The Frankel mask started to slip (for me) when I finally realized how privileged her childhood had been (the $$ sweet sixteen party, skiing trips to Europe,  chi chi boarding school, her Dad paying her rent in her twenties, etc) which was at odds with the whole hardscrabble story she'd always presented.  Add in finding out that her father did not (as she claimed) abandon her at the age of four, and her presence on the show suddenly seemed like a carefully crafted con; a persona built to win over an audience hungry to root for someone they could genuinely like - in the middle of all these rich bitch housewives -  this scrappy chick with an old school accent,  just trying to lay claim to her own piece of Manhattan.  When it truth, Frankel's childhood was full of the kind of privilege Ramona and Luann could only dream of one day having as adults.  

I like to think she was genuine early on (back when I found her charming and funny) but over the years,  @Alonzo Mosely FBI has made an excellent case arguing otherwise - that Frankel has always been selfish and dismissive  - so I'm on the fence about whether Bethenny used to be someone else and changed for the worse, or never was the person she pretended to be. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I defended Frankel during the season she returned (that whole food thing with Heather in the Berkshires? - I defended Bethenny! - the shame of those posts haunt me still... )

The Frankel mask started to slip (for me) when I finally realized how privileged her childhood had been (the $$ sweet sixteen party, skiing trips to Europe,  chi chi boarding school, her Dad paying her rent in her twenties, etc) which was at odds with the whole hardscrabble story she'd always presented.  Add in finding out that her father did not (as she claimed) abandon her at the age of four, and her whole persona seemed like a carefully crafted con; a persona built to win over an audience hungry to root for someone they could genuinely like - in the middle of all these rich bitch housewives -  this scrappy chick with an old school accent,  just trying to lay claim to her own piece of Manhattan.  When it truth, Frankel's childhood was full of the kind of privilege Ramona and Luann could only dream of one day having as adults.  

I like to think she was genuine early on (back when I found her charming and funny) but over the years,  @Alonzo Mosely FBI has made an excellent case arguing otherwise - that Frankel has always been selfish and dismissive  - so I'm on the fence about whether Bethenny used to be someone else and changed for the worse, or never was the person she pretended to be. 

Yes. This is it. All of this is the reason why I finally saw B for who she is. The way she rewrites everything in her life to suit her "victim" narrative. Her childhood, her marriage, every situation that she feigned to find herself in, homeless, lost at sea, bleeding to death, on an airplane with deadly fish, in an uber with a mean driver. She is just so manipulative, dishonest, dramatic, disengenouis, attention seeking. Everyone in her life has victimized her, mother, father, stepfather, husband, friends, uber drivers. If she had siblings they would have been the same horrible people. 

Bethenny's "story". Written by Bethenny. She has endured endless torture, but has risen above it all. 

The worst phony housewife ever.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, film noire said:

The Frankel mask started to slip (for me) when I finally realized how privileged her childhood had been (the $$ sweet sixteen party, skiing trips to Europe,  chi chi boarding school, her Dad paying her rent in her twenties, etc) which was at odds with the whole hardscrabble story she'd always presented.  Add in finding out that her father did not (as she claimed) abandon her at the age of four, and her whole persona seemed like a carefully crafted con; a persona built to win over an audience hungry to root for someone they could genuinely like - in the middle of all these rich bitch housewives -  this scrappy chick with an old school accent,  just trying to lay claim to her own piece of Manhattan.  When it truth, Frankel's childhood was full of the kind of privilege Ramona and Luann could only dream of one day having as adults.  

1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Yes. This is it. All of this is the reason why I finally saw B for who she is. The way she rewrites everything in her life to suit her "victim" narrative. Her childhood, her marriage, every situation that she feigned to find herself in, homeless, lost at sea, bleeding to death, on an airplane with deadly fish, in an uber with a mean driver. She is just so manipulative, dishonest, dramatic, disengenouis, attention seeking. Everyone in her life has victimized her, mother, father, stepfather, husband, friends, uber drivers. If she had siblings they would have been the same horrible people. 

Bethenny's "story". Written by Bethenny. She has endured endless torture, but has risen above it all. 

The worst phony housewife ever.

My grandmother always told me that if you meet assholes all the time, chances are good that you're the asshole. Bethy sure seems to meet a whole bunch of assholes...

You two have given words to all the feelings I've been having ever since she returned to the show. I can only add that she is very often mean just for the sake of being mean. Her snark isn't funny, it isn't just self-deprecating, it isn't particularly original, it's fucking mean.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL (We all break, Natalie! At some point, WE ALL BREAK!!!

I am familiar with her Dad's career and industry and his wealth,  talent and fame. On day 1 when she said she didn't have parents and Jill thought she was an orphan for a long time (when B was living at Jill's house the summer in the Hamptons that Jill got her on the show) I knew immediately B for the fraud that she is. 

The signs were there before too. On Martha Celebrity Apprentice in one of the boardrooms there was the transparency revealed that she was bff with boardroom  Koppelman's kid. She has always traveled in elite high $ circles. 

I just saw it sooner. Bethenny is playing the reality tv game to fame.  But the reality part is slipping . 

I want the forensics on how much she inherited from her dad. Cuz ya know if she got squat we would hv heard about it on and on and on. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 9

WTF with those links? 

OK I still cannot get past BRYN PLAYING THE UKELELE ON A PLANE. Lord have mercy. Where is Flight Attendant Karen calling the police to haul away an unruly passenger when you need her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, jinjer said:

WTF with those links? 

OK I still cannot get past BRYN PLAYING THE UKELELE ON A PLANE. Lord have mercy. Where is Flight Attendant Karen calling the police to haul away an unruly passenger when you need her.

I read that Brynn was also playing in a restaurant too. SMH. I’m a sap.  Especially for kids but even I would have complained.  

Little Brynn is such a cutie.  Hope to heck she is being raised more considerate than that. 

I think that’s why I was hoping it was a PR stunt by Bethenny. 

• Love 4

Oh, good.  You got it.  I was trying to get a picture and couldn't seem to do it.

I didn't know what to say when I saw it.   Most of me was saying 'Poor dog.'  The rest was saying 'Apparently selling a new product line.' 

Do you think that is comfortable for the dog?  I was thinking not so much.   Poor thing would have to be jostled around a bunch.    And if Jill was really going to get her hair done .... would the poor thing be stuck in there the entire time?   I don't know.  Maybe I'm goofy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Ellee said:

Hope to heck she is being raised more considerate than that. 

Clearly, she isn't.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With apologies to anyone here who accessorizes with their pet, I hate it when people never let a pet's feet hit the floor.  

I will never understand, don't try to make me.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Clearly, she isn't.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With apologies to anyone here who accessorizes with their pet, I hate it when people never let a pet's feet hit the floor.  

I will never understand, don't try to make me.

We made a big mistake when we got our kitty 10 years ago. We had her declawed.   I feel guilty every day.  Though we ‘made’ her an inside cat, Sophie is an outside cat at heart.  

Our remedy was to put her on a leash.  She’s happy with that or happier anyway.  Periodically she gets to run free and knows to stay in the yard but we are there to watch her close. 

What dummies we were. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's a bit of a leap to assume that people who sometimes put their pets in some sort of carrier to safeguard them from the elements or from crowds never let their "feet hit the floor."  Is there any evidence Jill actually does that?  I don't like purse dogs either, but under certain circumstances a carrier makes sense.  Our cat is on the grass 90% of the time when she's outdoors, but there are also things to protect her from, so we do that as needed.  It isn't kind to shame people for doing the responsible thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

It's a bit of a leap to assume that people who sometimes put their pets in some sort of carrier to safeguard them from the elements or from crowds never let their "feet hit the floor."  Is there any evidence Jill actually does that?  I don't like purse dogs either, but under certain circumstances a carrier makes sense.  Our cat is on the grass 90% of the time when she's outdoors, but there are also things to protect her from, so we do that as needed.  It isn't kind to shame people for doing the responsible thing.

My sister is the biggest dog advocate that I know. Her little guy is older now, and she won't go anywhere without him. He can't walk very far at a time. A carrier is the best solution. She had a mishap once at the airport where the carrier he was in was attached to her luggage and tipped over. She was freaking out because he could have been hurt. The backpack that Jill is using would have been perfect for her getting him around the airport safely. I'm going to tell her about it.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Ellee said:

What dummies we were. 

Don't beat yourself up too badly.  Declawing was the norm for decades.  We got smarter, and don't do it anymore.  I haven't done it since 1987, and yes I have guilt too.  Give yourself credit for being smarter. 

5 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Wasn't doing that.  Check Zarin's Insta.  That dog's feet never hit the floor.

• Love 3

quoting SuprSuprElevated:

“Saw a pic of [Frankel] and Bryn in Aspen.  May not still be there, who knows. That kid couldn't look more like Hoppy if she had cloned him, lol.”

Oh, my gosh, isn’t that the truth? I see nothing - - NOTHING in Bryn from her. Not one pore. I find this hilarious. I suppose it’s possible that Bryn will emerge from puberty looking more like her mom. But Frankel has not changed much from her No Christmas childhood photos. I mean, if you don’t factor in all of the surgical and elective procedures.

Hmmm. I wonder if Frankel will ever try to change Bryn’s last name.

• Love 2

Carriers are genius in certain situations. But the thing that bothers me about pet carriers is the humans' tendency to forget and kind of sling the thing around. The cats and dogs are tilted, rested crookedly on hips, hoisted up and down, swung from a shoulder or back strap, and so on. They are cramped.  It must feel uncomfortable and frightening to the animal.

• Love 7