Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Hit and Run

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

In Walt’s case, he was offered a solution to his need for pricey medical care when Elliott offered him work and full benefits. He had that solution very soon after his diagnosis. But instead he chose to put himself and his family in danger to make meth that would ruin people’s lives. Because he was good at it. Will Kim realize that she now has the opportunity to raise enough money to properly fund her pro bono practice without having to scam Howard to get the Sandpiper settlement? We’ll see. 

9 hours ago, Bannon said:

Walt had the chance to  pay for his medical care and provide something for his family, via completely legal/ethical means, and walked away from it. He didn't start cooking until after he turned down the offer from Gretchen and Elliott, about halfway through season 1, so his fundamental dishonesty, with himself and with others, was revealed very early on.

9 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I just rewatched the BB premier last week.  While you're correct that he did have an out from Gretchen and Elliott in an episode later on that season, which of course his pride wouldn't let him accept, he had already cooked meth and murdered two people in the very first episode.  You could make the argument that he didn't need to *continue* down this path, but the show starts with very little space before he starts upon it.

8 hours ago, Bannon said:

I could be wrong, but I think that 1st episode in BB contained a flash forward, and the events you write about did not take place until after Walt turned down the job offer.

8 hours ago, Bannon said:

My search of job offer turned down by Walt turned up episode 4 in season 1, and cooking with Jesse for the 1st time in episode 5. I know the 1st episode had Walt in his infamous tighty whities, holding a revolver, but that was clearly a flash forward to later in the season, when it was repeated.

@Bannon
You are wrong about the order of events. I'm currently rewatching season one and you are incorrect on several counts. Walt decides to cook before the job offer from Elliot.

The first episode starts with a flash forward but by the end of this episode it finishes up in current time - as of the BB world at that point. That revolver and racing RV sequence does not continue in any other episode.

Here is what happens in episode one:

Flash forward - First scene is Walt's pants flying in the air and RV racing down desert road.
That sequence ends with him standing on the road with a gun aimed at what he thinks are cops approaching.
Show opening sequence with title.
The words "3 weeks earlier" are flashed on the screen......
We see Walt at home, school, carwash and his Bday party.
He faints at carwash and learns he has cancer.
Walt quits his job at carwash.
Sits alone at night by his pool throwing matches into water. He is thinking and apparently makes the decision to cook. He calls Hank and asks to go on a ride-along to secretly get ideas on the meth trade.
Sees Jesse at ride-along/drug bust.
Walt seeks Jesse out and they set up equipment, and purchase the RV.
Do their first cook. Jesse visits Crazy-8 to talk about distribution.
They all show up at trailer / trouble breaks out / brush fire starts. 
Walt gases the two men.
Return to finish the flash forward -  wild ride down desert road and Walt standing on road with gun.
Sirens blasting but instead of the police the vehicles approaching are fire trucks. Walt puts away the gun.
He tells Jesse they need to clean up.
The last scene is Walt home in bed having extra zesty sex with wife.

Season 1 only has 7 episodes. Although there are some flashbacks to fill in back story, the rest of the main story takes place during a linear timeline. 

The Elliot and Gretchen party does not happen until episode 5 "Gray Matter" - not episode 4.

Walt's dishonesty was revealed right away when he very quickly turned to criminal enterprise to cover his medical and family expenses -  he decides early in episode one right after cancer diagnosis and quitting carwash job.  The job and insurance offer from Elliot came after he had already cooked and killed.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Melonie77 said:

@Bannon
You are wrong about the order of events. I'm currently rewatching season one and you are incorrect on several counts. Walt decides to cook before the job offer from Elliot.

The first episode starts with a flash forward but by the end of this episode it finishes up in current time - as of the BB world at that point. That revolver and racing RV sequence does not continue in any other episode.

Here is what happens in episode one:

Flash forward - First scene is Walt's pants flying in the air and RV racing down desert road.
That sequence ends with him standing on the road with a gun aimed at what he thinks are cops approaching.
Show opening sequence with title.
The words "3 weeks earlier" are flashed on the screen......
We see Walt at home, school, carwash and his Bday party.
He faints at carwash and learns he has cancer.
Walt quits his job at carwash.
Sits alone at night by his pool throwing matches into water. He is thinking and apparently makes the decision to cook. He calls Hank and asks to go on a ride-along to secretly get ideas on the meth trade.
Sees Jesse at ride-along/drug bust.
Walt seeks Jesse out and they set up equipment, and purchase the RV.
Do their first cook. Jesse visits Crazy-8 to talk about distribution.
They all show up at trailer / trouble breaks out / brush fire starts. 
Walk gases the two men.
Return to finish the flash forward -  wild ride down desert road and Walt standing on road with gun.
Sirens blasting but instead of the police the vehicles approaching are fire trucks. Walt puts away the gun.
He tells Jesse they need to clean up.
The last scene is Walt home in bed having extra zesty sex with wife.

Season 1 only has 7 episodes. Although there are some flashbacks to fill in back story, the rest of the main story takes place during a linear timeline. 

The Elliot and Getchen party does not happen until episode 5 "Gray Matter" - not  episode 4.

Walt's dishonesty was revealed right away when he very quickly turned to criminal enterprise to cover his medical and family expenses -  he decides early in episode one right after cancer diagnosis and quitting carwash job.  The job and insurance offer from Elliot came after he had already cooked and killed.

Thanks. You mean everyrhing you see on the internet isn't true!?

5 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Saul had to get all made up as Howard -- To what end? Cliff couldn't see him.

I think that that part went beyond Cliff himself. Anyone in the area who saw the man behind the wheel would see someone matching Howard's, not Jimmy's, description. Even someone who saw the car at a traffic light and knew what Howard looked like might have been fooled at a distance. Especially with an obvious-looking prostitute in the passenger seat to draw the eye.

On the episode itself: It was the kind of breather that was needed after "Rock and a Hard Place," and really the whole first three. Still, the dread and paranoia (Kim's and Gus's) were very well done, and I liked the misdirection: the "Who are these people?" opening; the cut to a weird Jimmy/Howard hybrid walking down the sidewalk right after Howard tells his analyst he's been having a dream, making some of us think for a few seconds that Howard's narrating a nightmare of turning into Jimmy. Rhea Seehorn did a great job her first time out. The episode was both distinctive and BCS "house style." 

The first Mike/Kim scene didn't disappoint. I've read the interpretation that Mike's "sterner stuff" comment was flattery or manipulation, but I thought he really was impressed with her when he listened in on the Lalo confrontation last season. Her confronting his surveillance team cemented the impression.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

@Bannon

Thank you Melonie77.  I was sure that Walt started cooking in Ep 1, and you provided incontrovertible proof of that.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ed- said:

Maybe Kim is simply in jail in BB?

I'm thinking that too, and if so she's well on the road to earning it.

In fact her not being able to come with him to Omaha might be contributing to Gene's angst.

Especially if he never had the chance to say goodbye and believes that she think he's abandoned her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Apparently my color detection is off because that house looked orange, not at all bright red.

You need to stop buying your TV's at Walmart...it was clearly RED

10 hours ago, riverheightsnancy said:

OMG. That is hilarious. I was a retail store manager, for a very large company, at one point in my life and we had training videos very similar to this. Even the music. The thing that killed me was the 10 WEEK length. These are usually one-offs, as short as possible. And the stand up straight thing. There were funny things about being watched and the cartoon of Gus' eyes. The point about being "respectable" to gain respect was certainly not lost on me. He acts respectable to gain respect the whole time running drugs. Loved it. 

The 10 week thing killed me, too... and so did the "side business" with flasks! As in, cooking meth!  OMG.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Gobi said:

Also intriguing is that this is, I believe, the first time that there has been any indication that Howard is married. And this in the sixth season.

He has worn a wedding ring since the first season but that's it.

• Love 4

A couple of things in this episode sort of took me out of the moment— when Saul was taking the “Patients Only” sign out of the ground and sticking back in, I thought, no way would that happen irl. That dry, hard ground would make it next to impossible for Saul to get it far enough down for it to remain standing for even two seconds. (I know—nitpicking — but it bugged me.)

The other thing that I noticed was the coloring of Bob Odenkirk. It may have been the lighting but even when he was in the “Howard” disguise he looked a little off—particularly his lips. I couldn’t help thinking about his heart attack.  

This episode was a tad too slow for my taste. Saul has already embarrassed Howard with sex workers — why do a repeat? I did enjoy the walkthrough of Gus’ lair, though.
 I, like Kim, want more. More Kim, more Howard, more Lalo. I hope not too much is rushed in the series finale.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Adiba said:

The other thing that I noticed was the coloring of Bob Odenkirk. It may have been the lighting but even when he was in the “Howard” disguise he looked a little off—particularly his lips. I couldn’t help thinking about his heart attack.  

I noticed it too, but on second look, realized that they left a narrow untanned border both around the lips and around the ear lobes, probable to make it more obvious that it was a fake tan.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

As we know, this office is not temporary despite what Jimmy said. That is still his office years into the future in BB. What happened in the intervening years to make him abandon that plan? Money isn’t an issue. Perhaps time and desire.

I think at this point he still hoped to become a successful lawyer for a variety of clients that will expect a a more traditional office. However, as he clearly remained a "criminal lawyer" in BB, this venue was more suited to the kind of clients he ended up with in BB. To compensate for his need to impress, his inner office became as ridiculously overdone as his house.

Edited by meira.hand
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

I think that that part went beyond Cliff himself. Anyone in the area who saw the man behind the wheel would see someone matching Howard's, not Jimmy's, description. Even someone who saw the car at a traffic light and knew what Howard looked like might have been fooled at a distance. 

That was the crux of the Season 1 episode Hero, when Jimmy had the JMM billboard made up, and Howard sued because possible confusion between HHM and JMM and the trademark infringement of using "Hamlindigo" blue. So if Howard thought that there was enough resemblance, it would be reasonably possible that anyone on the street at that time, including Cliff, would think it was Howard.

Spoiler

Also, I'm not anywhere near a gun expert, but was Gus' gun also a .38 Snub, similar to the one Walt later purchased?

40 minutes ago, NDW5332 said:

That was the crux of the Season 1 episode Hero, when Jimmy had the JMM billboard made up, and Howard sued because possible confusion between HHM and JMM and the trademark infringement of using "Hamlindigo" blue. So if Howard thought that there was enough resemblance, it would be reasonably possible that anyone on the street at that time, including Cliff, would think it was Howard.

Hide contents

Also, I'm not anywhere near a gun expert, but was Gus' gun also a .38 Snub, similar to the one Walt later purchased?

Well they are both .38 specials snubnoses but, made by different companies. The .38 special snubnose that Gus has is a Smith & Wesson. The one Walt buys from Lawson is a Ruger. I have both.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that if you were a cartel lawyer, representing a cartel guy, you would be a lot more affluent than Saul and certainly not working out of bloody nail salon!!!! 

I did a loud "WTF?!!" when this episode ended. Boring, shitty, a total throw away.

Edited by limestation
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, meira.hand said:

I noticed it too, but on second look, realized that they left a narrow untanned border both around the lips and around the ear lobes, probable to make it more obvious that it was a fake tan.

Definitely a fake tan, not even Jimmy finished out the tiny details, and that tan is what had me cracking up when they cut to Jimmy dressed as Howard. I mean, that was LOL funny.

Help me with the appeal of Jimmy being a cartel lawyer. Did all those clients go to him because of the actual legal work he did for Lalo, or because a "cartel lawyer" is considered a good lawyer? Because if he were *really* the cartel's lawyer, he wouldn't be hiring clients on the street. He would be safely ensconced somewhere where the cartel could get him when it needed him. So why did people think he was better than other lawyers?

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, limestation said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that if you were a cartel lawyer, representing a cartel guy, you would be a lot more affluent than Saul and certainly not working out of bloody nail salon!!!! 

My guess is Saul won't be a cartel lawyer after this season wraps up, since in BB he thinks Lalo is behind his kidnapping.  

Another guess is Saul buys the mansion during the BB timeline with the proceeds from laundering Walt's cash.  Until Heisenberg enters the picture, Saul doesn't have the wherewithal to get a better office.  

This will all be fleshed out in the upcoming Wexler and McGill.  

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Help me with the appeal of Jimmy being a cartel lawyer. Did all those clients go to him because of the actual legal work he did for Lalo, or because a "cartel lawyer" is considered a good lawyer? Because if he were *really* the cartel's lawyer, he wouldn't be hiring clients on the street. He would be safely ensconced somewhere where the cartel could get him when it needed him. So why did people think he was better than other lawyers?

Likely a combination of factors. They might think that the cartel would only use the best lawyer. They might expect a cartel lawyer would be able to put the “fix” in, and get a better result. They might think having a cartel lawyer would frighten the prosecutors or opposing attorneys in a civil case.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Saul/Jimmy has always thought people regarded him as some kind of loveable rascal, so I was delighted to see him being shunned by his colleagues.   He is a turd.

Not gonna lie, I did, too. Too many "lovable rascals" in fiction come off as punchable sociopaths to me (*coughFerrisBuellercough*), so seeing Saul's usual overconfidence get dented felt very satisfying. It's not like he doesn't deserve it. 

Speaking of deserving it, I was hoping Kim's paranoia was for naught. A guilty conscience can be a real bitch regardless of how it manifests.

Good thing Howard got to his car before possibly getting ticketed (though at this point, that would be the least of his problems). 

I loved the rec room shelf crammed with games. It's doubtful, but the idea that Gus is a closeted board game enthusiast gave me a chuckle (I'd hate to be the poor dope who beats him). 

A stupid complaint, but my jaw went into auto-clench when the biking couple were clucking their tongues over the color that house was being painted (it was a bit bright, but I've seen worse). I'm sorry, but gossipy HOA-wannabe assholes get my dander up like you wouldn't believe. It's not your house, it's not your lawn, MYOB, you losers. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I've always thought that Mike's default expression is exasperated sigh. 

That is why I have always identified with Mike. The true tragedy of Mike is that he is very good at what he does, and then he leaves that world, goes home and is Joe retiree alone with a six-pack and sports on TV. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Ed- said:

Maybe Kim is simply in jail in BB?

Aha! I've been wondering if the date he asked Francesca to save may be tied to Kim getting out of jail. (But the Feds would be expecting that from Jimmie-on-the-Lam)

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Not gonna lie, I did, too. Too many "lovable rascals" in fiction come off as punchable sociopaths to me (*coughFerrisBuellercough*), so seeing Saul's usual overconfidence get dented felt very satisfying. It's not like he doesn't deserve it. 

Speaking of deserving it, I was hoping Kim's paranoia was for naught. A guilty conscience can be a real bitch regardless of how it manifests.

Good thing Howard got to his car before possibly getting ticketed (though at this point, that would be the least of his problems). 

I loved the rec room shelf crammed with games. It's doubtful, but the idea that Gus is a closeted board game enthusiast gave me a chuckle (I'd hate to be the poor dope who beats him). 

A stupid complaint, but my jaw went into auto-clench when the biking couple were clucking their tongues over the color that house was being painted (it was a bit bright, but I've seen worse). I'm sorry, but gossipy HOA-wannabe assholes get my dander up like you wouldn't believe. It's not your house, it's not your lawn, MYOB, you losers. 

I suspect it was the writer's intent. The contrast between the banal conversation of typical rules-following HOA busybodies, who even give their turn signals on empty streets in synchronized fashion, as they pedal around, and then enter their home, as the minions of a drug kingpin swarm about them in their work, as the busybodies just carry on, as if the minions aren't there, made me laugh. I'd like to know how much detail the writers put into the scene originally, and how much was fleshed out by Rhea Seehorn as director. Kudos to both, and a really impressive directorial debut!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PeterPirate said:

Another guess is Saul buys the mansion during the BB timeline with the proceeds from laundering Walt's cash.  Until Heisenberg enters the picture, Saul doesn't have the wherewithal to get a better office.  

Some people here posted about Lalo's bail money being returned. I don't understand how all that works, but is it possible that Jimmy gets it? 

1 minute ago, peeayebee said:

Some people here posted about Lalo's bail money being returned. I don't understand how all that works, but is it possible that Jimmy gets it? 

No. As others pointed out, Lalo traveling to Mexico certainly would have forfeited the bail. Beyond that, no govt. in the US is handing back 7 million in bail, due to the bailee being dead, without a DNA match to the burned body that is supposedly the bailee's.

It didn't seem much of a stretch to me to say Saul's just starting his criminal defense practice, and the money hasn't really started rolling in. In my mind, it was the money laundering end of the business, like he later does for Walt, which was really lucrative.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bannon said:

it was the money laundering end of the business, like he later does for Walt, which was really lucrative.

As he explained to Jesse in his BB "outer office /Pedicurium", it's 5% fee for Walt and 17% fee for Jesse. The IRS would be all over anyone who ever got $7m cash! back from ANY jurisdiction, lol.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Bannon said:

No. As others pointed out, Lalo traveling to Mexico certainly would have forfeited the bail. Beyond that, no govt. in the US is handing back 7 million in bail, due to the bailee being dead, without a DNA match to the burned body that is supposedly the bailee’s.

In addition, it may be that posting bail under a false identity would result in forfeiture.

• Useful 1

Wouldn't the fact that the DA now knows that Jorge de Guzman was Lalo Salamanca, big drug cartel guy, be enough for them to invoke forfeiture? Again, no expert on this, but it always seems like the government is quick to jump if they think they can seize anything they consider drug assets. 

I assumed the rogue's gallery of criminals were all impressed that Jimmy got a fairly big deal cartel guy out on bail before anyone figured out who he was. Ponying up $7 million cash out of grubby duffel bags all in one swoop seems kind of like a thing people would be talking about.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ottis said:

My perception was that they were impressed that Saul would take such a high-profile criminal as a client, and if he can represent (and get a release, nevermind that Lalo paid 7 million in bail...) Lalo, he can represent me and keep me out of prison. IDK, that was my initial thought!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Wouldn't the fact that the DA now knows that Jorge Guzman was Lalo Salamanca, big drug cartel guy, be enough for them to invoke forfeiture? Again, no expert on this, but it always seems like the government is quick to jump if they think they can seize anything they consider drug assets. 

I assumed the rogue's gallery of criminals were all impressed that Jimmy got a fairly big deal cartel guy out on bail before anyone figured out who he was. Ponying up $7 million cash out of grubby duffel bags all in one swoop seems kind of like the thing people would be talking about.

Yeah, various agencies, local, state, and federal, in a wrestling match to confiscate their perceived rightful cut of the 7 million, would be hilarious and epic. If that could yield a scene with Hank, Gomey, their DEA boss, the Albuquerque police detectives, DDA Oakley, with Gus acting as ad hoc mediator, as he just happens to stop by on one of his charitable efforts to support local law enforcement, with Saul somehow having a reason to be there too, that might be laugh out loud funny.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, limestation said:

Um, the mahogany in my conference room is currently getting buffed out, so I'm using my satellite office at Juan Tabo and Skyline. I'm letting a nail salon, you know, use the lobby, so my office is in the back.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I assumed the rogue's gallery of criminals were all impressed that Jimmy got a fairly big deal cartel guy out on bail before anyone figured out who he was.

Plus it makes them look like more of a big deal by association. Petty crooks can probably up their reputations a fair amount if they can say they hired (or at least met with) a big time cartel lawyer. It makes them sound more important than they probably are.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Plus it makes them look like more of a big deal by association. Petty crooks can probably up their reputations a fair amount if they can say they hired (or at least met with) a big time cartel lawyer. It makes them sound more important than they probably are.

I agree. Also, they can use it as a threat: “Don’t mess with me, I’m connected.”

• Love 3
On 5/3/2022 at 9:17 AM, Cinnabon said:

In Walt’s case, he was offered a solution to his need for pricey medical care when Elliott offered him work and full benefits. He had that solution very soon after his diagnosis. But instead he chose to put himself and his family in danger to make meth that would ruin people’s lives. Because he was good at it.

Yeah, Walt's embittered pride constantly got in his way. And he was truly good at what he was doing, both making meth and somehow scrambling out of consequences over and over again. I feel like Kim is made of sterner stuff than that, too, based on the glimmers of conscience she exhibits here. But that doesn't counter the fact that I'm still terrified for her. 

Those ruinous consequences Walt evaded for so long were underscored in this BCS episode by the return of BB characters, for me. Wendy is/was still a sex worker in a shitty motel, but she looks reasonably healthy; she's still alert enough to participate in the scam, and to notice and admire Jimmy's Howard 'do. Spooge is...well, a guy who goes by the name "Spooge" and is in need of a criminal lawyer...but he's not the pustulent, filthy wreck of a human being Jesse encounters. Meth is creeping around the edges of Albuquerque's underworld, in the BCS timeline...but it's Walt's pure, perfect variant that lays waste to everyone and eventually himself. Such great, devastating storytelling, gaaaahhhh. 

I wonder if Cliff's son with the drug problem ends up being eventual cannon fodder in Walt and Jesse's end of the timeline. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 5/3/2022 at 9:22 AM, Cinnabon said:

If course. He could be choked with a real tie should trouble befall him. 😆

I worked at a movie theater in my younger days and the manager wore clip-ons for this very reason!

• Love 6
(edited)

A screenshot from Episode 3-11 of Breaking Bad:  

image.thumb.png.564e12e1101608bdbe75c787fa0f917d.png

Also, in Episode 4-2, Walt is walking towards Gus' house, supposedly to confront or kill Gus, when he gets a call from Mike telling him to go home.  Until now I assumed Mike had someone following Walt, but now I know it was the surveillance team.

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Useful 8
  • Love 3

Do people actually use hand signals when they're riding their bicycles on the street? Where I live most people on bikes don't even wear helmets, much less help cars avoid hitting them.

That model of Jaguar must have had swappable seat belts, lol. The color matched Howard's suit perfectly.

OMG, I busted out laughing when Jimmy pushed Wendy out of Howard's car. That was amazing. She's quite limber.

• LOL 1

I was afraid Wendy was gonna be hurt when Saul tossed her out of Howard's car.  I thought it was enough for Cliff to see a hooker getting out of the car and I thought the toss was unnecessary.  I hope she got paid well.

• Love 2

I like to think Saul didn't really push her, but just thrust his arm out to make it look that way, and Wendy  did a pre-planned, step-out and roll move.  She had to know it was coming or he wouldn't have needed to remind her to make sure she pulled her feet out of the way.

I was disappointed in the whole trick.  They've already done the, "Howard goes to hookers and then mistreats them," thing.  After they went to so much trouble to get Howard's car,  I had expected Saul to find his old partner from the slippin'-Jimmy days to pretend to be hit by Howard's car before it squealed off.  Better yet,  something really clever that I would never think of.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I was afraid Wendy was gonna be hurt when Saul tossed her out of Howard's car.  I thought it was enough for Cliff to see a hooker getting out of the car and I thought the toss was unnecessary.  I hope she got paid well.

Having her thrown out and yelling made sure Cliff would focus his attention on him. I don't think he really tossed her. She knew she was supposed to look like he did, so he wouldn't have had to really manhandle her.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Do people actually use hand signals when they're riding their bicycles on the street? Where I live most people on bikes don't even wear helmets, much less help cars avoid hitting them.

They sure do if they bike in a city. Though these cyclists were very much choreographed.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Having her thrown out and yelling made sure Cliff would focus his attention on him. I don't think he really tossed her. She knew she was supposed to look like he did, so he wouldn't have had to really manhandle her.

Yeah, but he could have simply opened the door and yelled at her to get out of the car.  Even if she knew what was coming, she still could have hurt herself getting tossed out like a bag of trash.

• Love 1
On 5/3/2022 at 10:24 AM, Ellaria Sand said:

The more I learn about Gus, the less interesting he becomes.

I know what you mean. BB Gus was almost impossibly cool, calm, and collected at all times. (Even up to the last second!) At least that's how I remember him. And also super-smart, always knowing the right play. I liked that Gus. Not crazy about seeing a freaked-out Gus, even if that's how any normal human being would be.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, Milburn Stone said:

I know what you mean. BB Gus was almost impossibly cool, calm, and collected at all times. (Even up to the last second!) At least that's how I remember him. And also super-smart, always knowing the right play. I liked that Gus. Not crazy about seeing a freaked-out Gus, even if that's how any normal human being would be.

This is a younger Gus, though. Less experienced, less cool. I don't think he was born icy calm.

• Love 10
On 5/4/2022 at 6:15 PM, pagooey said:

I wonder if Cliff's son with the drug problem ends up being eventual cannon fodder in Walt and Jesse's end of the timeline. 

Part of me wonders if it’s someone like Skinny Pete 🤔

• Love 1
(edited)
55 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

Part of me wonders if it’s someone like Skinny Pete 🤔

Skinny Pete's father is "like a contractor or something," not a lawyer, so it couldn't be him.

The one suggestion I've heard that doesn't seem completely far fetched is that Gregory Main could be the support group leader Jesse encounters in rehab:

1380275080_GroupLeader.thumb.webp.643305af9cdc6f505a1e68187e151971.webp

Though even that would be a pretty random connection—that this recovered cokehead from Portsmouth, Virginia, who meets Jesse in a rehab center in Albuquerque just happens to be the son of this big-time lawyer from Santa Fe.

Edited by Dev F
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3