Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E06: You Can't Hide on Survivor/S42.07: The Devil You Do or the Devil You Don't

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Episode 6:

Castaways drop their buffs and rearrange tribes before an intense immunity challenge. Also, one castaway is taken to another island and has the power to change the game.

Episode 7:

The castaways deal with the effects of the isolated survivor's choice.

original airdate 4/13/22

This is one topic because they are airing both episodes back-to-back on the same day.

All that matters…is Jonathan is safe.  

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Whooboy Hai voted for Lydia I did not see that coming.

Between Hai and Lydia…Hai protected himself by voting with his new alliance.  

Eta.  Hai sees himself as one of the physical threats.  It probably makes him feel more powerful allying with Jonathan and Mike. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 24

Man, that was some good sh*t. So glad Tori won immunity, and I'm not just saying that because I love her. It would have been very predictable otherwise, with the show taking great pains to make the outcome uncertain. But this way, with Tori (and Chanelle) immune, there was scrambling aplenty, and we got to see everybody, everybody, chiming in. Great stuff, and I'm still not seeing any open, simmering hate, or hateful behavior, amongst this crew.

Some random moments I loved:

Hai's shrug when they got to the challenge and the others saw that Daniel had been voted off. He was like "Well, yeah...y'know?"

When Jeff arrived to explain the twist to Rocksroy, and the edit cut away the instant he hit the water, likely to hide the fact that he probably biffed it majorly.

Tori's Therapist Face being activated several times at TC, as the others discussed hiding their true self and whatnot.

Rocksroy's subtle little "eek" face while sitting next to Maryanne chattering away.

This is on track to be one of my favorite seasons so far, so I hope it doesn't go south from here!

ETA: Oh, and how could I forget Tori cheerfully saying to Jonathan's face: "I want to win more individual immunities, and I feel like you would stand in the way of that ^_^"

Edited by tracyscott76

Haven't been this nervous all season for a vote.

I hate the hourglass twist.  Could have lost Chanelle, but then there was Tori.  And of course she had to win immunity.  Had Jonathan gone because of this reverse of fortune you can bet they never would have done it again.  

Speaking of Chanelle and Tori, I'd say they may be on thin ice.  Everyone was throwing them under the bus, and I think Chanelle at least recognizes she might be in trouble.  Tori's off in her own universe playing the greatest social game of Survivor ever.  

Jonathan-holy crap he's amazing in the challenge.  Just not the ones where he has to balance puzzle pieces.  But seriously, who else can practically move a boulder on their own?  I wonder if Orange had lost if Rocksroy would have broken the hourglass.  

Loved seeing all the bonding going on, especially that scene with Romeo and Hai.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yup, just posted that in the live thread. That's certainly interesting and makes me question what we may not be seeing of a potential strong Hai/Omar alliance. Also, it's pretty awesome that Omar controlled a vote when he didn't even have a vote himself. 

I would have bet money he was the random Lindsey vote.  Not sure what that was about with Rocksroy.  Also going to assume that those who didn't vote for Lydia were out of the loop.  Gotta give it up to Omar for working everything in his tribe's favor.  

When MaryAnne said in the voting booth she was taking a big risk, I thought for sure she was using her extra vote.  Very surprised she didn't play her idol, especially since she was warned about her name being out there.  

• Love 4

Both Mike AND Hai voted for Lydia? And Chanelle didn't vote for Lydia? That's surprising!!

As much as I loved the conversation between Romeo and Hai, I'm bummed that we didn't hear Lydia talk about her queerness during the entire course of her game. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

This is on track to be one of my favorite seasons so far, so I hope it doesn't go south from here!

This is my favorite season since S37, and such an improvement from last season.  Jonathan isn't a predictable alpha male, and everyone has gotten some shred of airtime.  I actually know everyone's names!  But the personalities are great, and it seems like people are there to play the game.  And while there are people I don't like, I am not dreading them every week.  At least Tori and Chanelle are entertaining.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Haven't been this nervous all season for a vote.

I hate the hourglass twist.  Could have lost Chanelle, but then there was Tori.  And of course she had to win immunity.  Had Jonathan gone because of this reverse of fortune you can bet they never would have done it again.  

Speaking of Chanelle and Tori, I'd say they may be on thin ice.  Everyone was throwing them under the bus, and I think Chanelle at least recognizes she might be in trouble.  Tori's off in her own universe playing the greatest social game of Survivor ever.  

Jonathan-holy crap he's amazing in the challenge.  Just not the ones where he has to balance puzzle pieces.  But seriously, who else can practically move a boulder on their own?  I wonder if Orange had lost if Rocksroy would have broken the hourglass.  

Loved seeing all the bonding going on, especially that scene with Romeo and Hai.  

Jonathan did better than I expected in the immunity challenge but it didn’t play to his strengths.  The first challenge…he isn’t just the muscle…he is a leader who can rally the group to work together efficiently and effectively.   

I also liked the bonding but then I started disliking Hai and then Romeo as a little power went to their heads. 

• Love 20

Oh and Jeff, it really isn't a big decision on whether to smash the hourglass.  Everyone is going to it. Nobody is going to give up a chance for immunity especially with all the advantages floating around and only 5 people eligible to be voted out. I bet that Rockroy, like Erika, smashed that glass within a minute after Jeff left.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, momlyd said:

I thought that's what I saw. How's he going to explain that?

It looked Mike voted Lydia too, so I think Hai's good.

I'm kinda amazed what Omar pulled off here.  He was a legit Puppetmaster  here.  I got a flashback to Cirie working the numbers her first season.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

It looked Mike voted Lydia too, so i think he's good.

I'm kinda amazed what Omar pulled off here.  He was a legit Puppetmaster  here.  I got a flashback to Cirie working the numbers her first season.

I think they really underestimate Omar. He is low key but he is smart. He is a veterinarian and in Canada, it is harder to get into vet school than medical school.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

This is my favorite season since S37, and such an improvement from last season.  Jonathan isn't a predictable alpha male, and everyone has gotten some shred of airtime.  I actually know everyone's names!  But the personalities are great, and it seems like people are there to play the game.  And while there are people I don't like, I am not dreading them every week.  At least Tori and Chanelle are entertaining.

Yes to this...S37 was the last one I really liked, too. And while I have people I'm kinda rooting for (not just Tori, I swear!), I wouldn't be devastated if they were voted out because none of the others bother me that much. It's making for a pretty stress-free viewing experience. 👍

I'm also rather surprised that Maryanne didn't play her idol.  That took some guts. Good for her.

Did anybody use a second vote? 

And yes, it needs to be repeated. Tori's social game is.... special.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think they really underestimate Omar. He is low key but he is smart. He is a veterinarian and in Canada, it is harder to get into vet school than medical school.  

Wow!  That was a fantastic episode and both Omar and Hai proved themselves to be smart players.  I just love smart players.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Jonathan-holy crap he's amazing in the challenge.  Just not the ones where he has to balance puzzle pieces.  But seriously, who else can practically move a boulder on their own? 

I don't watch Survivor for the challenges usually (unless they involve blindfolds) but watching this one was so entertaining, mainly due to Jonathan. 

All I cared about was that Jonathan and MaryAnne survive to make the jury. So I'm happy. Apart from that, I had no clue what was happening at TC, or who was voting for who.

I feel like Jonathan and MaryAnne are sitting ducks now, unless Hai can successfully pull off his Strong Man alliance. (Does Hai really qualify to be in it though? He certainly has confidence.) 

Tori is annoying but like lots here, I love her vast repertoire of facial expressions. 

• Love 4

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king or how else could you explain APPLEBEES suddenly being gourmet food?

High and mighty principled vegan boy Hai destroyed Jenny's game to save Lydia and people on the board questioned why I called him a creep...well he cemented that tonight by voting FOR his ride or die....what kind of person does that instead of just  throwing a random vote say Lindsey's way...oh I know...a creep.  Makes Jenny's loss all that more aggravating because it was for nothing when he wound up turning on Lydia in the end. Hour one Hai thought he was all that and a bag of chips...by hour two and one shattered hour glass later he got cut down to size and I love it!

Unlike BIG BROTHER where  producer manipulation is off the charts...I"ll don a rare tin foil hat with regards to SURVIVOR and suggest that the powers that be planted the idea of a Lydia vote out. Let's face it...would they really want to lose their marquee players like Johnathan and Maryanne...or would they perfer someone who was about one step above a background extra to go? If we can be real...the beetle on Rocksroy had more screen time than Lydia ever did. No great loss, a blip on the radar, never to be remembered.

If we really do get World War III this  year I think we can only count on one person left standing Tori!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Msample said:

Maryanne’s meltdown over the revelation that Applebees was the Reward, she’d get just as excited if they told her she’d won a case of amoebic dysentery.

Hallmark of a true Survivor fan. 😆

One thing I really do like about her is she was clear she's there for the whole experience.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king or how else could you explain APPLEBEES suddenly being gourmet food?

I can do it in one word. Sponsors. lol   I do agree with you on the food, though.

Edited by vb68
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I rewatched the first challenge. Jonathan getting himself up on that giant boulder without help and then simply running to the top of the second wall, again without help….he said he changed up his workout to build functional strength and this is a demonstration of what that means.  His muscles just aren’t for show.   I wish he’d given into his impulse to go to the island, but he’s been losing a lot of weight and needed the food.  And luckily, it all worked out.  

• Love 20

That was fun. 

Omar was a freaking magician. He did a great job selling folks. He is probably the one who convinced Hai on Lydia and once Hai was on Lydia, he got Mike. Orange had 4 votes and a potential 5th with the extra vote.

Lydia’s immediate willingness to vote out Jonathon, even when offered an alternative in Maryann, would be enough to convince Drea that Lydia was the better vote. Jonathon and Omar offered up Maryann while Lydia was happy to go for Jonathon. That didn’t scream reliable ally.  I would bet that Hai was able to be convinced to vote Lydia for that reason and that brought the Mike vote. 

What was amazing was how the 7 decided without including Romeo, Chanelle, Tori, or Rocksroy. 

The other highlight, Tori and her performance with Rocksroy. Wow. Both at camp over the journey and then when Rocksroy returned. Maryann is Maryann. Rocksroy is clueless but was fun to watch on exile. 

Solid episode.

Oh and Johnathon’s regular meal of 18 eggs, grits, and a ton of cheese was eye opening. My husband and I jsut laughed when he said that. Crazy. Dude is bringing in fish and other food pretty regularly and he is still massivly hungry. I guess the 10 fish didn’t last that long.  

• Love 11

Same bogus twist, albeit served differently and put in a two-hour block. It's slightly better executed than last season, but it's still bullshit on man levels, and Probst will probably insist on having it return in future seasons.

I should start reading social media and see if anyone had an overt/angry reaction to the twist. If you win a challenge and get immunity, it shouldn't be taken away. The only logic is that we had four other people besides Jonathan winning that challenge. Dude almost lifted the boulder out of the sand by himself. Of course he did. And yes, he does eat a lot of eggs each day. I imagine him going to the coop, grabbing hen after hen, squeezing them until the eggs pop straight into his mouth, shells and all. The scary thing is that I like the guy, even though Probst probably loves him so much.

I'm also glad Maryanne is still in there. Once again: I get how she can bug, but she makes for fun TV. Watching her ramble at Tribal Council, I kept expecting her to bring up the bunnies one more time.

Tori looks like she's spoken to a LOT of managers. I don't mean that in any controversial way. I mean that she's so easy to piss off. If anyone had to go out right before the jury started to form, it should have been her. Nope . . . Lydia. Dang.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

Oh and Jeff, it really isn't a big decision on whether to smash the hourglass.  Everyone is going to it. Nobody is going to give up a chance for immunity especially with all the advantages floating around and only 5 people eligible to be voted out. I bet that Rockroy, like Erika, smashed that glass within a minute after Jeff left.

Haha right?  As soon as he gave his little speech about it being a "hard decision" for the cameras 😄. And no one can think it's a "con" that a target will be on their back - they're safe for the first vote and by then, if not before, everyone will know that they'd have done the same.

29 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

The other highlight, Tori and her performance with Rocksroy. Wow. Both at camp over the journey and then when Rocksroy returned. Maryann is Maryann. Rocksroy is clueless but was fun to watch on exile. 

Solid episode.

Oh and Johnathon’s regular meal of 18 eggs, grits, and a ton of cheese was eye opening. My husband and I jsut laughed when he said that. Crazy. Dude is bringing in fish and other food pretty regularly and he is still massivly hungry. I guess the 10 fish didn’t last that long.  

I found myself liking Rockroy more after this episode.  As for Jonathan - with things like the 10 fish he probably is careful to make sure he's only eating his equal share - with unlimited Applebee's he could really pig out!

I think Hai is justified enough to think of himself as a "physical player" - he's thin but wiry, not skinny like Romeo, not soft like Omar or wimpy in challenges like Rocksroy.  I think he's probably strong enough to beat any of the women in a purely physical challenge, whereas I think the women would have a chance against the other three I mentioned.  

• Love 8

While it was a good episode, I still hate the hourglass twist. An immunity win should stay simply that, a win. It's annoying, but that's the game, I guess. 

At least Tori won immunity and kept herself safe. Very glad she lives to fight another day.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

18 eggs, grits, and a ton of cheese

This should had been the episode title for the whole two hours.

34 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I still hate the hourglass twist. An immunity win should stay simply that, a win. It's annoying, but that's the game, I guess. 

I was thinking they probably decided to be upfront this time that the exiled player would have a power that "would change the game" because a player from last season, whose name has escaped me at the moment- (my attention span wobbled last season), was seriously pissed about that very point.    

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I can't remember the last time, if ever, I saw that many different names come up on votes.  Usually it's down to two and basically worked out.  Even with the whispering and scrambling Tribals, it's usually narrowed down.

The only way I can see the hour glass twist going differently is if they had indeed sent Jonathan or someone from the winning tribe. They wouldn't give up their own immunity.  Otherwise, the person down is always going to give themselves immunity.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

The only way I can see the hour glass twist going differently is if they had indeed sent Jonathan or someone from the winning tribe. They wouldn't give up their own immunity.  Otherwise, the person down is always going to give themselves immunity.

But that was Jiffy’s point, and he was very clear on it: if a member of the winning team chose to swap with Rocks and go to Exile Island, then that person gave up ALL the perks of being on the winning team - including their immunity.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, vb68 said:

This should had been the episode title for the whole two hours.

I was thinking they probably decided to be upfront this time that the exiled player would have a power that "would change the game" because a player from last season, whose name has escaped me at the moment- (my attention span wobbled last season), was seriously pissed about that very point.    

That was Danny, the former NFL player. And it's totally understandable. To flip the script like that is super unfair. 

Another contrast from last season: there was a lot of talk about doing an African-American alliance that basically immediately went by the wayside for no good reason.

There hasn't been any discussion of that at all this season.

If one formed, it would have five members out of the 11 remaining players: Drea, Chanelle, Maryanne, Rocksroy and Mike. (At least, I believe Mike to be biracial).

That alliance would have three full immunity idols, 1 immunity amulet and two extra votes. If they actually planned it and were not obvious to the others that they were bonding, they probably could run the table.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Some random moments I loved:

Hai's shrug when they got to the challenge and the others saw that Daniel had been voted off. He was like "Well, yeah...y'know?"

It was very nearly a Gallic shrug. 

I've been FFing through MaryAnne for a while, but I had to do it tonight after about two minutes of listening to Rocksroy's island time. 

Hai voting for Lydia -- I about fell out of my chair. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

All that matters…is Jonathan is safe.  

Jeff must have been seriously shitting his pants during that tribal. I don’t know what he’s going to do when Jonathan actually leaves. (Other than immediately calling for a new All Star season.)

This was the most I’ve liked this show all season. Yes, it was overly gimmick-happy (and don’t even get me started on the 15-minute Applebees commercial. That was Jeff hucksterism and food porn at its finest) but there was enough strategizing to make this old-school fan very happy. And kudos to the editors for portraying Omar’s grass roots campaign to full effect. That was fun to watch.

Note to Romeo: 1) If your coming out affects the way your friends see you, then fuck them. They’re not your friends and you don’t need them. 2) Trust me, they already know.

• Love 19

I hope religion and Omar's parents don't pressure him into marrying this poor girl he's been stringing along for 6 years. He needs to be absolutely sure he's not gay before he involves another person's future.

• Love 12

My favorite moment was watching Jonathan trying to keep a straight face when Tori said, "I want to win more individual immunities ... and I see you getting in my way."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I like Maryanne, but she's the reason I'm having trouble hearing the strategizing this season.  She's usually in the background talking so loud we can barely hear the people on camera.  Also Mr. Camerman, learn which one Lindsay is!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Oh, thank goodness.  I was unhappy when it looked like the choice would be between Jonathan and Maryanne.  I like both of them.  Thankfully Omar worked some magic and got enough people to vote out useless Lydia.

9 hours ago, mojoween said:

Whooboy Hai voted for Lydia I did not see that coming.

He did??!!

9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think Chanelle at least recognizes she might be in trouble.

I laughed out loud the second time she walked up to a group and they all decided they had other things they needed to do, especially since the second time they knew they should stay and talk with her to make her feel included, but nope, they couldn't even pretend to chat with her for more than a few seconds and an awkward pause.

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9

Well, that worked out okay! I really like Rocksroy, so spending time with him on that island was really good. I like a man who can tear up with joy and gratitude at the sight of natural beauty. Now he needs to rework that woeful shelter for the new tribe.

My main man, Jonathan, not voted out!

Hideous Tori winning immunity was upsetting, but then it's good as she is funny to watch.

I really like all the bro'ing out with Jonathan and Mike, as they are two I want to stick around. Add in Omar. And Rocksroy!

Hai's a weasel, but good he was on board for this vote - he could have easily twisted it the other way.

I can't stop thinking about that blue drink on the reward... I don't drink alcohol, but I can see a blue banana coconut smoothie in my future.

• Love 7

Wow, Hai voting for Lydia is not what I saw coming. I actually think that was a potentially bad move for him down the line. He spent all episode telling his new alliance that him and Lydia were together, that he'd go for rocks for her...then he turns around and votes her out? Even though it was already guaranteed that she was going, him voting for her actually shows that he ISN'T 100% loyal. I don't really see a good explanation from him.

I'm actually glad Rocksroy went to Exile. I think they needed to give him a moment of his own because I hadn't been liking him up until now. I'm not really fond of him still, but the Exile portions helped make me not dislike him, as I previously did.

Good on Jonathan for forming some new bonds and gaining some new allies. I do like Jonathan, he seems very nice and he's a challenge beast. I don't love the bro'ing up, to be honest (though I didn't mind the moment between Jonathan/Mike), but it seems like Jonathan's loyalty still lies with Taku. I loved his explanation on why he threw Maryanne's name out; he doesn't seem to want to get rid of her right now, but he wants to make it seem like he does (though he'd probably be fine if she did).

And they showed a more strategic side to Maryanne, which is good. It shows that, behind the high energy, she IS thinking about the game.

I liked Omar's reasons for getting Lydia out, before he went to tell Hai. Although it seems like it worked on Hai so it clearly wasn't a bad move.

Tori...is delusional. I can't wait until she goes.

Chanelle isn't lasting long in this game, clearly. Nobody trusts her or wants to work with her. They keep awkwardly leaving whenever she comes up to try to talk game. But that's all on her, so can't say I feel bad.

Applebees was...a choice.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

Overall, I don't have too big of a problem with Mike, but I thought that he needed a quick fist to the face at the beginning of tonight's episode.  He doesn't trust Chanelle anymore after she voted for him?  Yet he could vote for her?  Whatever, Mike.  Don't be such a hypocrite.

I don't get the praise for Omar.  I don't think that he convinced Hai of jack crap tonight.  I think that Hai just voted Lydia out with the rest of the big alliance because he was outvoted himself.  Before Tribal Council, he was trying to rally votes to keep her in, after all.  I think he only relented because he saw that everyone else had been sold on voting her out, not because he had been.

We didn't see a lot of Lydia, but I liked what little of her I did see, so in that respect, I'm sorry to see her go.

I don't mind Tori as much as others do, so I was glad to see her win immunity tonight.  And she has no idea just how much she needed it.

This was the first time I saw Maryanne be strategic tonight.  I hope this more strategic version of hers is here to stay.

I'm not slobbering all over Jonathan like everyone else.  Yes, he's strong, but it's looking like that's all there is to him.  Let's see some strategy from him rather than have him rely on Lindsay and Omar to do that for him.  Then we'll talk.

All that aside, it was indeed a good episode.

It's one thing to say we're tight and then to turn around and vote someone (especially when there was no strategic advantage to do so). It's another to say "I can't trust you any more so you got to go." No hypocrisy was involved in Mike trying to get rid of someone who demonstrated disloyalty.

Omar might not have directly convinced Hai to vote Lydia. But he stirred up enough shit to get things to the point where Hai apparently felt he had no choice but to go for his ride-or-die. That took some doing.

I assume Tori was very aware that if she had not gotten immunity she would have likely been voted out. She wasn't particularly beloved in her old tribe and there were a limited number of options for a boot. 

Maryanne presents as this bubbly, nonstop talker. But I was interested in two things she did this episode: refraining from voicing her opinion and plan when she was meeting with people. And when she was super sarcastic (almost to the point of being nasty) when she was working on the puzzle and Jonathan and others were giving her unneeded suggestions. I wonder how much of bubbly Maryanne is a mask and how much the snarky, snappy Maryanne is the real Maryanne.

I think it's unfair to ding Maryanne and Jonathan for not having shown much strategy when this is only their second Tribal. Jonathan never faced danger when it was Taku. They would have been the biggest fools ever to get rid of him. Besides, I think Jonathan has earned credit for more than just being strong. It seems like he is singlehandedly keeping the tribe fed, and it was in part his strategizing during challenges that has kept his team safe, not just brute force. As for his social game, well, he concedes this needs work. But it seems certainly better than a lot of would-be alpha male challenge beasts of the past, in large part because he seems humble and lovable like he was Shoeshine Boy. We will see how tight his original tribal alliance remains. It seems like he has bonded some with Mike and Rocksroy. Hai wants him around as a meatshield. Romeo and I forget who else wanted him gone. Hopefully, Jonathan will do more to earn the "slobbering" than just basically single-handedly win some challenges.

It's interesting: I think the sort of traditional individual immunity challenges Survivor has don't play well to just being big and strong. They involve puzzles, endurance balancing tests and the like.

• Love 13

I could see Hai saying something like "I know that you all are voting for Lydia but I told her I wouldn't vote for her. I am cool with you voting for her but I am going to toss a vote on Lindsey." I think if he was transparent about it, people would have been fine with it. As it is, his voting for Lydia shows that he is willing to work with the other 6. 

This larger alliance is not going to last all that long. They need to vote out Chanelle, Tori, Rocksroy and Romeo. What is most clear is that the Blue tribe is clearly screwed. I suspect that Rocksroy and Romeo are safer then Tori, for all the obvious reasons, but I am not sure that Drea is all that tied into her initial alliance. Romeo is not a threat in any physical challenge. I am not sure he has demonstrated any type of endurance for the more long balance challenges that he should do well in because of his weight. Rocksroy is going to annoy people but has not shown himself to be a challenge threat. 

I would guess Chanelle and Tori are the first two targets because they have moved to stab people in the back already. Tori ran her mouth immediately and her exchange with Rocksroy told everyone all they need to know about her. Chanelle has a crap history with the blue tribe and screwed over Omar at the journey, so she is not going to have much support. But they are the easy ones. Jonathon is going to remain a target because of his athletic ability. He seems to have a strong social game and the fact that he is feeding folks is going to play a roll in potentially keeping him. That and I think puzzles are going to be his downfall. 

Did anyone else laugh when the orange tribe got to the puzzle, Jonathon just laid there rest his one leg on top of his knee for a few minutes? He was probably tired from lifting and pulling everyone up but he looked like he was just chilling and catching some sun. Eventually he got up and was watching the puzzle but his initial response read "I did my part now go do yours."

It is interesting how badly Chanelle and Tori pissed people off that the people in their tribes are more invested in getting rid of them then even trying to vote as a unit for a bit to get numbers. Tori I get, she was going to flip immediately. I think Chanelle is more dangerous feeling on the outs then pretending to keep their tribe strong. 

• Love 5

I don't think Jonathan has any chance of winning, but I'm glad he made jury.  Just seems like an all-around decent person.  Bringing in the food should keep him around awhile.

Romeo better watch out.  Jonathan could snap him in half and use his bones for toothpicks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'm going to have to watch it again to understand what exactly happened, but that was a fascinating episode. Drea, Jonathan, and Hai were like three royals trying to unite their kingdoms against the upstart countries of Tori and Chanelle. Then here comes Omar, as the Cromwell to Jonathan's King Henry, pulling the strings from behind the scenes, targeting an innocent to protect his own faction, but ruthlessly ambitious on his own behalf.

On the other hand, are these people stupid or what? You can't have an alliance of eight people (which is really ten people because Jonathan and Drea are whistling nonchalantly when Maryann and Romeo's names come up). If it had gone the way they wanted, then the alliance would be finished after the next two tribal councils, which is what? Two days? As it played out, the alliance didn't even survive a full day intact. "Oh no Lydia is already targeting someone in her alliance." Of course she was; EVERYONE is in the alliance. wtf.

Tori was entertaining, but I'm ready to see her go now. She was genuinely mad at Rocksroy for turning back time and seemed to believe her own BS about how she sent him to Exile to help him. She's so ridiculous. Watching her and Maryann talk strategy was like watching two kids playacting Survivor; Maryann spouts some inspiration poster nonsense and Tori's reaction is like, WHOA YOU ARE DEEP.

Please don't eat at Applebee's.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18