Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: Choosing Kids Over Kody

Pallas
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

She was raised with polygamy and she thought that was what she wanted.

Plus, it appears to me that Kody has always "traded up" looks-wise when he's added another wife. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

When I look at Janelle and Christine, see two women who try to make it work for themselves and their kids. Who try to maintain a delicate balance between a partner with strict lockdown rules and kids who want to live their lives and want to see their girlfriends. 

I see women who try to limit the consequences for their kids that come with living in a pandemic. Yes, Covid can kill, but so can mental health, a depression, loneliness or untreated illnesses/living with a horrible constant pain. It drives you mad. I may be in a minority here, Christine and Janelle are not perfect but they’re not doing a bad job either!

When I look at ANY of the adults on this show, especially the women, I see religious zealots.  They might be hardworking, lazy, mentally ill or completely sane religious zealots, but being zealots, they choose their religion over what’s best for their children.  Christine and Janelle are responsible for having 12 of Kody’s  children.  12.  Unless you are having them in the 1800’s, that doesn’t sound like choosing your kids before anything else to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Actually BiPolor could explain a lot of Kodys crazy moves. Fleeing their Utah home and building McMansions. 
Leaving the McMansions and buying land with nothing for a home nobody wants to share. 

Bi Polor  also has it’s depression. I wonder if he has those times too!

Interesting to ‘diagnose’ Kody with that. 

I think Kody likes the way Robin runs her household. The few peeks  we got to see show a clean, comfortable home with quiet children. 
Dinner at a sit down table rather than the kitchen-buffet eating we see at Janelle and Christine’s homes.  
I’m  guessing Nanny keeps the two younger ones quiet and out of sight and serves as a babysitter when Robin and Kody lunch and shop!

Kody likes that and I agree Robyn would never allow the family to gather at her home!

I have no idea what the three older kids do. Are they in school or remote?

I will say.   This season has really given us a lot to talk about. Just like Meri’s season and the big move season. 

I’m guessing they will get another season!

This week I’m going to have a look see who’s sponsoring them!  Lots of big name sponsors more seasons and bigger paychecks!

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 1/3/2022 at 8:03 AM, laurakaye said:

Good question about money  - would TLC be cutting one check to Kody, or do the adult kids get money for allowing to be filmed? 

I really hope Kody is starting to see the writing on the wall...one wife out, one potentially on the way out (if Janelle has one functioning brain cell), one clinging onto him for dear life even though she repulses him, and one prima donna noon-sleeping she-devil.  He deserves nothing less.  Well played, you moron.

When I start getting hopeful about Janelle finally getting a clue about Kootie, I have to remind myself that this (the “f-off” incident) happened well over a year ago and that since then we have seen Janelle sucking up to Kootie in real time while dining al fresco at her RV on Prairie Dog Plague Pond.  I sadly think she is content to stay as a hanger-on, along with Meri.  Please, please let me be wrong about this.  But if these most recent televised incidents didn’t do the trick like it did for Christine, I don’t think anything will.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

This week I’m going to have a look see who’s sponsoring them!  Lots of big name sponsors more seasons and bigger paychecks!

Was reading some silly "In Touch-esque" article re this imploding fambly. The author surmised that all this drama might get another season. Who knows since we're a year + behind now, another season may being filmed now. Oh, the possible irony of his perfect kingdom falling apart is what keeps the gravy train going.

• Love 15
On 1/3/2022 at 7:06 AM, Awfarmington said:

I won’t ever apologize, be guilted, or socially conditioned that I’m selfish (as those who use the term ‘Murica in a derogatory way to describe a country and a citizen’s viewpoint) because I support the mental health of my children.

But I’m betting you didn’t involve yourself in a polygamy set-up where you and all the other wives pump out as many as you can with one man because heaven as if that’s supporting ANY child’s mental health, and then somehow manage to navigate the pandemic clinging to that principle for dear life, regardless of that man’s actual physical involvement with you and/or your kids.

Kody’s wives have impressed upon their children that “living the principle” is more important than the children are, collectively or individually.  The children have to suffer the consequences of their mother’s decision to go against what is considered in modern times socially and/or legally acceptable by choosing their religious beliefs over what is in the best interest of their child(ren). Their children are at risk for mental health issues from the git if for no other reason than the GLARING absence of a responsible, loving father.

I’m also betting that not ONE of those 18 children will choose to follow their parent’s chosen religion or lifestyle.  Lucky for them there are a lot who reject the religion they were exposed to as children so they will have some support in that department.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, kicotan said:

But I’m betting you didn’t involve yourself in a polygamy set-up where you and all the other wives pump out as many as you can with one man because heaven as if that’s supporting ANY child’s mental health, and then somehow manage to navigate the pandemic clinging to that principle for dear life, regardless of that man’s actual physical involvement with you and/or your kids.

Kody’s wives have impressed upon their children that “living the principle” is more important than the children are, collectively or individually.  The children have to suffer the consequences of their mother’s decision to go against what is considered in modern times socially and/or legally acceptable by choosing their religious beliefs over what is in the best interest of their child(ren). Their children are at risk for mental health issues from the git if for no other reason than the GLARING absence of a responsible, loving father.

I’m also betting that not ONE of those 18 children will choose to follow their parent’s chosen religion or lifestyle.  Lucky for them there are a lot who reject the religion they were exposed to as children so they will have some support in that department.

That’s a whole can of worms. I personally think it’s amazing that so many seem to be functional adults, and also contribute to society. 

I do agree with you also, as far as the parents doing a number on the kids, for the simple fact that they are part of a cult religion and that must impact them to some degree. Even if it’s minimally. We have an extreme example of Mariah who is even worse than her mother, and that’s not a low bar. Then Logan who is a very functional adult and appears to be fairly unscathed. Although I don’t know him personally or what he may be dealing with since he escaped. 

My feelings are this. They’re all terrible parents, or at least have been. The mothers (minus Robin) have all accepted crumbs from Kody and even fewer crumbs for their kids. But I’m glad to see at least a couple of the moms finally advocating, somewhat for them. 

Edited by Awfarmington
Typo
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Who knows since we're a year + behind now, another season may being filmed now. Oh, the possible irony of his perfect kingdom falling apart is what keeps the gravy train going.

As PT Barnum said, "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Kootie may flail and foam at the mouth and probably hates looking like a fool but he knows very well that is what is bringing in the viewers.  He's willing to use his self aggrandizing fakery in return for the almighty buck even while sealing his fate as a narcisstic buffoon.  The more egregious his speeches and actions, the more viewers salivate for it. 

He loves it because it's what he has to do to ensure this shitshow stays on the air.

• Love 15

This episode was definitely juicy! Overall it’s just sad how this family is functioning now. I really think that Janelle’s frustration, her “F off”and her kids resentment is less about COVID rules and more about the fact that Kody has obviously chosen to be with Robyn. I’m sure content is pieced together and timelines are skewed, but there doesn’t seem to be a clear story on exactly how Kody is spending his time. Kody said in the last episode he has Christine, Janelle and Robyn on a “rotation” but then Gabe mentions in this episode that he’s been with Robyn for 9 months and Robyn is also saying he is with her constantly. The wives are all sick of Kodouche and Robyn pretending like they’re all innocent and this is all about COVID, when in reality the two of them trotted out these rules after months and months, and Meri’s the only one who is on board with it because she is desperate for any brownie points with Kodouche. Christine and Janelle aren’t buying into this charade and it enrages Kody. And that freakish grin during their meeting —even Robyn knew he looked deranged. 

So happy Christine got out of this mess and hoping for a miracle that Meri and Janelle follow suit. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

When I start getting hopeful about Janelle finally getting a clue about Kootie, I have to remind myself that this (the “f-off” incident) happened well over a year ago and that since then we have seen Janelle sucking up to Kootie in real time while dining al fresco at her RV on Prairie Dog Plague Pond.  I sadly think she is content to stay as a hanger-on, along with Meri.  Please, please let me be wrong about this.  But if these most recent televised incidents didn’t do the trick like it did for Christine, I don’t think anything will.

Janelle is in love with Kody, possibly more than any of them. I think she fell hard, got herself married to him, and has been emotionally living off that victory of having him as her husband ever since. She's the one who swoons about loving his hair long, etc.

On the other hand, I don't think she is terribly emotionally needy and too much of him likely grates on her personality. She'd have been happy single. In fact, she knows the majority of her marriage she HAS been single and likes it that way. She got Christine to raise her kids during the hardest years (she loved to work but also pointed out that she could go to the movies when she felt like it. Did Christine get out to the movies with a half dozen kids in diapers?) 

She likes to camp, garden, hang out with her adult kids, and apparently has a stealth heavy metal side. She's the one wife who already has shown that she's willing to live without him entirely if she'd otherwise be inconvenienced by being with him. So intermittent Kody appearances are as much as she's looking for - though she'd like them to be regular. She signed up for 2-3 days/week of marriage, to be reduced as more wives were added, and those are terms she's comfortable with and wants restored, so long as they don't otherwise disturb her way of life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22

Question regarding Christine and Janelle "choosing their kids."

Over the years I have wondered how reality tv affects children and families as they grow and begin to form their identities. How much has "sister wives" the show, influenced how the family members see themselves and their relationships? Does the show reinforce certain negative opinions of each other? 

Now to this season in particular, I wonder if there is a reputable psychologist that would advocate for weekly episodes which document the parents bickering and complaining about one another. Obviously parents argue - sometimes often. But this family is repeatedly demonstrating completely ineffective communication skills and obvious shade.

Is it "choosing their kids" when they willingly allow (and perhaps manufacture) these disagreements? Is it choosing kids when they document the strain of a separation  - not to mention the downward spiraling of their father. 

I just cannot jump on team Christine or team anyone for that matter. I don't see any of these adults parenting successfully here - at all. As evidenced by the mere fact that I am watching this unfold every week.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

"change clothing after entering shops, other homes or businesses"

So the nanny and her husband changed clothes every time they entered K&R's home, for months on end?  And if running errands was part of their job, that'd be even more outfit changes. I wonder whether they washed their contaminated clothing in Robyn's washer & dryer every day, or bagged it up to take home every night.  Maybe they kept uniforms there that they changed into?  Either way, it sounds exhausting.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

So the nanny and her husband changed clothes every time they entered K&R's home, for months on end?  And if running errands was part of their job, that'd be even more outfit changes. I wonder whether they washed their contaminated clothing in Robyn's washer & dryer every day, or bagged it up to take home every night.  Maybe they kept uniforms there that they changed into?  Either way, it sounds exhausting.

To me it sounds like BS

• Love 23
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Never happened. Not once. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, MsTree said:

Janelle, not only can you read a book in bed in a monogamous marriage, you could also sleep in separate beds like Lucy & Ricky. In fact, you could even sleep in separate rooms if that's what floats your boat.

Since seeing him is "a special occasion," they probably feel obligated to give him their full attention when he's around, so I can understand 4-5 days of him being exhausting.  This despite the fact that HE is on the phone with Robyn the whole time...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Plus, it appears to me that Kody has always "traded up" looks-wise when he's added another wife. 

Both Janelle and Christine were definite trade-downs from Meri (still young, slim, and pretty, with long hair at the time), but now - with age and hard knocks - those roles seem to have reversed with regard to Christine, at least.  Her looks have improved, while Meri has lost hers.  Janelle seems never to change...

Robyn, of course, was a game-changer - at least in Kody's eyes.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think disinfecting and sanitizing are getting confused.

Maybe, but that still doesn't answer the question. How is it even possible to effectively disinfect paper without destroying the paper? Bleach and boiling water in the quantity needed to disinfect would ruin paper. The only think I can think of is maybe a UV light. I'm afraid a heat lamp would burn the paper. So what are people like Kody who claim to regularly perform this ritual actually doing?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Maybe, but that still doesn't answer the question. How is it even possible to effectively disinfect paper without destroying the paper? Bleach and boiling water in the quantity needed to disinfect would ruin paper. The only think I can think of is maybe a UV light. I'm afraid a heat lamp would burn the paper. So what are people like Kody who claim to regularly perform this ritual actually doing?

I really hope someone asks him in an interview and we have an opportunity to see him stammer out some sort of response.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Back in the days of the anthrax threat, the Federal government was sanitizing their mail and I think they did it with UV light - and it made the paper sort of yellowed and crinkly. No idea what people would do at home to replicate that. I think at one point people were handling mail outdoors with gloves and/or letting it sit outside for a week before handling?

Wouldn't that ruin most print correspondence?

I’m going by memory (which is questionable at best) but I thought the rules stated using alcoholic for that? There were so many rules that I’m probably confusing that one. Also, Brown logic isn’t normal person logic. Example- Swimming in a poop pond and tossing your child into a giant pit. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

I have not been a regular viewer of this show. I caught a few episodes this season, visited this board and then watched a little of the first season on Discovery+ (Gotta love winter break!)

I've seen many previews of this show and I've never understood how Kody got one woman to marry him, let alone 4.

There is such a stark difference between the first season and now. He was always arrogant, but now the crazy has come out. The women just adored him and now they are seeing how full of crap he is.

This whole Covid situation is shining a light on how destroyed this family is. Christine and Janelle and their children do not care about seeing Kody. 

I feel bad for all these kids fathered by Kody. He only seems to care about the ones who are shiny and new (until he's distracted by something else). 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Maybe Kody’s “doctor” gave them further instructions on how to sanitize mail. You know, since it was him who gave Kody the list of rules. 

Edited by Awfarmington
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It doesn't explain the four other adults who went along with the scheme...

It kind of does. Isn’t he head ship or king or whatever that cult calls him.

It’s part of their journey to heaven!

All aboard!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

From early on Robyn has showed signs of being "super" neurotic and that has carried down to her children. She is one of those Mothers that wants to wrap her kids in cotton wool. So it makes sense she would be very cautious about Covid19 and more so than the other wives. I imagine her dictating these rules and then telling Kody if none of the other wives oblige to my rules and you are seeing them you can't come here.  Oh and you better not say I made them either or they will hate me more than they already do.

Since Kody thinks with his dick the decision was easy for him 🤣😂

• Love 14
On 1/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, Adeejay said:

Are we to believe that an uneducated, average looking, single mom of three with a ton of debt and no job, had men of means lining up to marry her, but because they wanted to live in monogamy, she declined? 

Lol. Bet all those men feel lucky now 

23 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

"Choosing Kids Over Kody"? Not even a close call. I'd choose kids every day of the week. In fact, I'd  choose my kids over my husband too, much as I love him. I would never kick my kids out of the house to spend a little bit of time, or even a lit of time with tha POS.  My husband would never treat our adult sons with such contempt and disregard. I have never hated Kody so much. 

I would choose a cat over Kody

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Both Janelle and Christine were definite trade-downs from Meri (still young, slim, and pretty, with long hair at the time), but now - with age and hard knocks - those roles seem to have reversed with regard to Christine, at least.  Her looks have improved, while Meri has lost hers.  Janelle seems never to change...

In the pictures of them together, I have always thought that Janelle was quite pretty when she was younger and thinner and Christine has always looked fresh and youthful. In comparison, IMO, Meri has always been a "butterface." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Robyn, of course, was a game-changer - at least in Kody's eyes.

Robyn noted it herself.  She said that Kody likes "curvy" girls, and the wives were blonde.  She, of course, was thin, brunette and had long legs ideal for Victoria's Secret pajamas.  She grew into her chin and goiter.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2022 at 5:55 PM, toodywoody said:

Im glad they are in debt. Neither one of them do anything except ride on the coat tails of the other three. The other three gave their money to two turds that just sat back in their McMansion with a nanny. Fuck them 

interesting that no one calls this out.  We know the other 3 wives, Meri, Christine and Janelle all have outside incomes. But what is Robyn doing to earn any money? nothing and she needs to pay a nanny? none of it makes sense

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

interesting that no one calls this out.  We know the other 3 wives, Meri, Christine and Janelle all have outside incomes. But what is Robyn doing to earn any money? nothing and she needs to pay a nanny? none of it makes sense

As far as I see, nothing! My Sisterwife's Closet has been shuttered for several years so no income from there. Robyn's "dream" was a failure and she gave up, blaming the other wives for not "helping" her...lazy, lazy, lazy. The others are making money by their own initiative, with little to no help from the other wives. Robyn just wants them to do the work so she can get the $$. I am so over her!

• Love 14
10 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I am not buying it. The husband is a germophobe to begin with and for the first couple of weeks, since he was working out of the house, he did take extreme measures.  He avoided the lunchroom at work.  When he'd come home he'd wipe down the car, mailbox, door handles, change his boots outside, change clothes.  We wiped down groceries and packages. Even he got tired of it fast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, Starlight22 said:

I’m sure content is pieced together and timelines are skewed, but there doesn’t seem to be a clear story on exactly how Kody is spending his time. Kody said in the last episode he has Christine, Janelle and Robyn on a “rotation” but then Gabe mentions in this episode that he’s been with Robyn for 9 months and Robyn is also saying he is with her constantly. The

Well, he can’t admit that he’s never with the other wives because the show is sold as a (dysfunctional) polygamous family…. So, he’s just pretending for the pay check. The others are probably done with living a constant lie….

• Love 14

I agree with those who content Kody/Robyn slapped the rules together with the intent to make them so onerous as to ensure the other wives and kids would not be able/willing to embrace and follow them therefore would not be put in a position to say "no" to hosting any of them in the manse.  I do not for one second believe they were following these rules themselves, in fact, Robyn didn't appear to "wipe down" or disinfect the towel warmer that Janelle brought despite Janelle specifically giving her a prompt to do so if Robyn felt so inclined as she should have considering it is required by one of the "rules".

Regarding sanitizing/disinfecting mail, groceries, surfaces, and even hands - most people don't realize their efforts are ineffective because they are not using an adequate amount of solution, not leaving the product on the surface long enough, not using products that are formulated to combat the target bacteria/virus, or are utilizing a myriad of other ineffective practices.  For example, most common consumer products need to be applied so that the surface remains VISIBLY wet for 5 mins (+/- 1 min) and often need to air dry vs being wiped off.  Obviously, this would have a deleterious effect on paper mail, cardboard boxes (ie cereal), etc.  So in other words, when people "disinfected" their mail, groceries, hands, surfaces, etc, against virus'/bacteria they were not actually killing or rending them inert at all; what they were really doing was just moving the contaminants around on the surface.  And IF, Kody/Robyn were going through the motions of wiping down mail/groceries/etc this is the method I believe they were employing so they were moving not killing. 

Which by the way, I find hilarious as what they were doing only served to make them FEEL safe and superior when in fact they were accomplishing absolutely nothing!  HA

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 4
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Presumably since Robyn is now the legal wife with the live-in husband and small children at home, she's a "stay-at-home mom" living on Kody's income.  But, of course, we know that ALL of them are well paid by TLC for every episode, so...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 6
On 1/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, Adeejay said:

Are we to believe that an uneducated, average looking, single mom of three with a ton of debt and no job, had men of means lining up to marry her, but because they wanted to live in monogamy, she declined? 

Oddly enough, she completely contradicts herself in her No. 1 NYT Best Selling Book...

On 1/4/2022 at 1:10 AM, SonofaBiscuit said:

Oh my, watching these people navigate COVID is making me all sorts of rage-y. I guess I’ll never understand some of the decisions, like a bunch of the kids going to see Ysabel right after her surgery, or Christine’s pregnant daughter spending Thanksgiving with some of the family. I mean, infecting Ysabel with COVID as she’s in immense pain from major surgery  would have helped her recovery how? There were other safe or safer options there regarding supporting Ysabel after surgery (like video phone calls or in the very least, masking up while visiting her)! And I guess it all worked out, but the thought of getting COVID while pregnant seems terrifying, possibly very dangerous, and not at all worth the risk just so you don’t miss one Thanksgiving with your family. 

Again, it all seems to have worked out for these people, but my gosh, Christine with her “I’m going to live my life my way” (or whatever she said). Uh huh, but what’s the harm in taking extra precautions when gathering as a family for their Thanksgiving (wear masks, social distance, get tested before-hand (if you had access to a test, obviously), etc.)? The preview doesn’t really look like they are being COVID-cautious. I think they all just got terribly lucky, and I don’t know how they all avoided getting infected.

I have an odd observation with how Christine has behaved during the Covid times. She reminds me of my husband when he was younger (and honestly up to only a handful of years ago).  My husband had this really odd "you can't tell me what to do" attitude that came out the most strongly during snow storms and severe weather warnings. When we were first married we went through several winters in a row where we had snow measured in feet in a short amount of time.  As the news does, they recommend to NOT be on the roads unless it is absolutely necessary. He would snap and it was like you locked him in a cage and he would be a trapped animal, anxious, pacing. No matter if we had just arrived home or were well prepared to not go anywhere for a couple of days he just HAD to GO someWHERE. It became an emergency that just could not wait even an hour. I can't count the times we had to bundle up and head out in a storm to go to the shops for whatever he just couldn't live without. This went on for many years. I have brought it up in conversations, comparing it to Covid restrictions...and he does remember all those times and still has no explanation why he felt that way back then.

But...that just makes me think of how Christine is. It is like telling her that she should stay home etc and it just ignites this burning need for her to do just what she is told NOT to do. It doesn't help that her relationship with Kody often has this father/daughter or brother/sister vibe to it. She seems to react with a "I am a grown woman in charge of MY house and YOU aren't going to tell me what to do" Add a hair flip, hard stomping steps and a slammed door like a pissy teenager.

• Love 14

There has been a consistent problem with posts being off topic. Your posts should be primarily about the episode. If you wish to discuss the Browns generally please head to the appropriate thread. 

If you wish to chat about your personal experiences with Covid-19, that belongs in Small Talk. 

• Love 2

What this episode revealed to me is just how alone/single parent Meri, Christine and Janelle feel.

-Meri talks about isolating for 7 months and jokes/not jokes about not being everybody.  Her invitation to Thanksgiving is begrudging given, and it doesn't seem like anyone wants her there.

-Janelle talks about being alone for the holidays (while Kody wants to evict his children from a house where he doesn't live and isn't in the lease) if she follows Robyn's Kody's rules.

--Christine is already acting like a divorced mother telling Kody she is going to do what she wants.  And since Kody isn't on the birth certificate and they were never married, he can't stop her and there is no custody agreement.

And meanwhile Kody is holed up with his legal wife acting as the cock of the walk trying to guilt Janelle and Christine into doing what he wants

• Love 10

As Kody lamented not spending time with his younger kids via Christine and Janelle because of Covid, I guess there is no official custody/visitation arrangement with the wives. So is he just out of Truely's life? (Particularly now that she is with Christine in Utah?)

I know that Covid restrictions were an issue for a lot of divorced families where the kids go back-and-forth between parents. And my understanding is that (in my province, at least) judges said the pre-Covid arrangements stand whether or not the other parent is following the same protocols as you.

I can't imagine any parent saying "You aren't being safe enough, the kid has to stay with you because I can't risk bringing them into my home." That would cause SO many issues with respect to custody and financial support, as well as screw up the child.

How does Kody not have any obligations to his minor children?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

As Kody lamented not spending time with his younger kids via Christine and Janelle because of Covid, I guess there is no official custody/visitation arrangement with the wives. So is he just out of Truely's life? (Particularly now that she is with Christine in Utah?)

I know that Covid restrictions were an issue for a lot of divorced families where the kids go back-and-forth between parents. And my understanding is that (in my province, at least) judges said the pre-Covid arrangements stand whether or not the other parent is following the same protocols as you.

I can't imagine any parent saying "You aren't being safe enough, the kid has to stay with you because I can't risk bringing them into my home." That would cause SO many issues with respect to custody and financial support, as well as screw up the child.

How does Kody not have any obligations to his minor children?

Here in Oregon, pre-Covid arrangements also remained in place.

I believe either Christine or Kody could bring the other to court for child support or visitation, but I believe on Kody's part the comments were really more for show.

When Kody was doing yard work with Janelle and kids he barely acknowledged them.  And when he visits with Christine (may have been last episode) we see him arrive and leave and we don't see him ask for Truly or Isabel to come outside and chat.

I think it is all for show on this part.  Really, Kody seemed to be trying to control Janelle and Christine rather than gain access to his kids.

26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Do we actually know Kody isn’t on birth certificates, or is it speculation?

Speculation, based on the fact that all of the women have chatted about doing home births so that the authorities don't know about the polygamy.  And we know that Christine was on public assistance when the show started.  She wouldn't be eligible for that if she was married or living with the baby's father who had a job at that point.  Since they went public around the time of Truley's birth it is more likely he is on that birth certificate.

And if Kody decided to legally push the issue of visitation (with or without a name on the birth certificate) Christine could ask for child support.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 13