Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: Choosing Kids Over Kody

Pallas
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Christine with her family and Janelle alone with her kids!

I thought Janelle and family were going to join Christine and family since both would be in Utah?  This "fambly" is so confusing!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Onecattoo said:

One rule was only interacting with local family.  Christine’s kids wanted to spend time with their siblings living out of state…and because they weren’t willing to change their clothes, wipe their mail, etc…she and her kids decided they’d rather go see them without extreme conditions (just normal precautions) over seeing Robyn’s kids…and I don’t blamed them one bit. 

They couldn't do it for two weeks? That was the requirement to be able to gather for thanksgiving. 

• Love 1

Quick PSA re Dayton. Tne term "Asperger's Syndrome" is no longer correct. This according to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). Makes sense as autism is a spectrum disorder, meaning a range between severe and mild. We no longer categorize students at my school as having Asberger's, they are ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) or not. Dayton most likely was diagnosed ASD years ago. Many people with ASD lead typical lives. 

• Useful 10
  • Love 6

I cannot help but wonder what Kody’s older kids think of his statements when they watch these episodes?  I mean, when Logan, Hunter, Aspyn, Maddie, etc…hear themselves referred to as their mothers kids as if he’s not their father?  When they see his “blah, blah, blah” rant? When he demands loyalty to him and not their siblings?  When they see him admit if his name was on the lease he’d kick his sons to the curb?  Can’t help but wonder if he’s irreparably damaged all his relationships with his kids from his first 3 wives over his narcissistic and psycho ranting about Covid, and exactly how little priority he placed on being a part of his kids lives who still lived at home? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Holy shit!  I stopped watching this show after yet another lame-ass end of the season "interview" of these clowns.  What the hell happened?  I could not stop laughing at Kovid Kody doing the talking hands and saying Janelle's comments were bullshit as his newly highlighted shirley temple curls whipped to and fro.  And Christine!  And Janelle (who I assume told KK to fuck off!)  And the mutiny of the offspring!  Is this family just fishing for story lines, or what?  They sure got me by the gills.  This is too rich.  I can now die happy.  WOW!  

• LOL 21

One takeaway for me was that Christine's older kids were more interested in having Christine and the younger ones join them in Utah for Thanksgiving than they were in  seeing their father and the rest of the family and following the list of rules.

If seeing Kody and everyone else had been important to them, they'd have followed the list.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

As much as we dislike Kody, his covid precautions  message was on point and reasonable at the time.  Janelle’s  half assed argument didn’t really provide a valid excuse for how socializing with people outside of your household makes sense. You could  tell that even she  didn’t even believe in what she was saying. She just can’t stand up to her sons.  Sad.  And Christine doesn’t even bother to say she tries to use precautions.  Kody can be a jerk, but I’m glad I saw Christine’s attitude on this. It’s not like I had thought.  She took the lead on ignoring covid precautions and she can’t use Kody as an excuse for that.  My friends’ teens socialized outside with masks on for a reasonable amount of time and didn’t go into each others home or ride in a car together.  It’s a commitment thing.  

Both Christine and Janelle have said they follow the CDC guidelines. They wear mask in public, sanitize and wash their hands, and maintain social distancing in public. Kody's rules are just plain stupid. 

• Love 22
6 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Kody is truly amazed that these women love their children more than they love him.

In a talking head about love a few weeks ago, Kootie mentioned that he didn't marry for love, but for religion.  And of course he thinks Meri deceived him, Christine disgusted him with her nacho-eating, and Janelle was just a buddy. Since now he says sex is for people you love, presumably he only had it with the first three for procreation so that he could brag about having 13 kids who he now ignores. And only loves Robyn.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

They couldn't do it for two weeks? That was the requirement to be able to gather for thanksgiving. 

just shows they didn't care to...wasn't important to them.  Take THAT Kody.

Just now, deirdra said:

And of course he thinks Meri deceived him,

I would like to know how.  Does anybody know?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

It was Christine that specifically requested a set of standards to be followed so they could gather for Thanksgiving. At that time, medical professionals were still warning about large gatherings and a holiday surge (which did happen). So it's not unreasonable to take extra thought and precautions when preparing to mix multiple families together for the holidays in 2020.

Kody's rules were that requested set of standards. He was asking for an extra cautious two week period prior to the holiday. Agreed- wiping down packages was over the top. Also agreed- he's an ass who doesn't know how to communicate. He's an overbearing ass. But distancing and stopping travel for two weeks (and they could still work) doesn't seem all that unreasonable given the context of the time.

Christine's kids said they couldn't do it. Janelle's kids said they could " only if Christine did" (never mind if Janelle, their mother, wanted them to).

I am not talking about their rules for 8 months here. Why was that so difficult to do for 2 weeks if it meant the larger family would be working to reduce the chances of spreading the virus throughout the family?

And why is their choice to not exercise caution prior to thanksgiving for two weeks - "choosing kids over kody?" I mean Mykelti was pregnant at the time and at a known higher risk of covid complications. That doesn't seem like Christine was "choosing kids." She was choosing to not implement some extra precautions. She was really just choosing to escape to Utah.  The adults chose to not communicate properly. They chose to dig in their heels - all of them like whiny toddlers. None of them chose the kids here. The kids lost.

I do not agree at all. I believe that Janelle and Christine did choose what was best for their kids. It is complicated and so simple at the same time. The older kids in the family have no connection to kody or Robyn. If there was genuine family love there, then yes it is only two weeks, but there isn’t. Janelles kids would quarantine for Christine but not kody for a reason. The older adult children also have other family (in-laws) and work that may make following these rules for an uncomfortable holiday unlikely. So Christine could choose a thanksgiving with Kody (who clearly hates her) and three of her younger kids or a holiday with all six kids who love her. And Janelle could choose a thanksgiving alone with savannah (because she can’t kick the boys out and quarantine in time) or happy with more kids. 

if Kody had cared at all about his family he would have fostered his relationships with all his kids. He didn’t. They are not worth his time and they are acting accordingly when it comes to changing their lives. He isn’t worth their time either.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought Janelle and family were going to join Christine and family since both would be in Utah?  This "fambly" is so confusing!

If Christine and her kids decided to stay in Flagstaff but not follow the protocols in order to be allowed at Robin's, then the Janelles were hoping to join the Christines for Thanksgiving in Flagstaff. Otherwise they were all planning to travel to see older siblings (Christines to Utah, Janelles elsewhere). Coming in a distant third was the option for all of them to follow Kody's rules and have Thanksgiving with the Robins and Meri.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

This is just my take on Kody's remark about Meri's deception.  I interpreted him to be referring to when he and Meri married, she had led him to believe that she was all in on polygamy.

Neither he nor Janelle had any first hand experience in this type of arrangement and may have both been looking to Meri to mentor and guide them through the adjustments required.  Turned out, Meri wasn't as capable as even she may have thought she was and built walls and obstacle courses for Kody and Janelle to navigate.  

As much as I dislike Meri for a variety of reasons, I can't fault her 100% on this.  Until a woman is confronted with the shocking reality that your husband is sliding into bed with another woman mere feet from your bedroom, it would be hard to fathom any other reactions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
29 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Meri deceived him when she got herself all involved in that phone chat guy who turned out to be a girl. I think the name was Sam!

• Love 7

This show is unwatchable now.  Kodvid is determined to destroy his family over the pandemic so he can jettison everyone except for Robyn and her kids.  I could only watch snippets of scenes this week to get the gist of it.  Hope this show gets cancelled.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, spacefly said:

Here is a short excerpt from her blog on Sister Wive's Closet. It's easy to find just don't want  send her clicks:

"Little did I know that this would be the dichotomy that is Dayton his whole life.  When Dayton was in 2nd grade, the school counselor and psychologist brought me in and told me that he wanted to do some tests on Dayton.  I said yes and we started the long process.  This was when I was told that Dayton has Asperger Syndrome.  I was told it is a high functioning form of Autism.  Dayton had a lot of the behaviors.  It made sense to me because although he was amazing he also struggled with some things quite a bit.  He was artistic, intelligent, had an amazing memory and a sweet disposition, but he also really struggled in school, didn’t understand how to make friends, or how to deal with stress and didn’t have mind-body connection.  The more I learned and researched the more I started to understand what challenges were ahead for him and what I had to do as a mom to support him and advocate for him.  It was my job as his mother to help the world open their eyes to the amazing person before them, help fight for him to get the support he needed and help eliminate stress for him as much as I could.  You see, when someone with Autism or Asperger Syndrome is stressed out, the behaviors that make them stand out are more prevalent.  It has been a long journey but I have been determined to make sure he has every opportunity to be successful and happy.  I have been accused of being a helicopter parent but unless you have been in my shoes you don’t get it."

I am in no way doubting any of this or making fun or anything. But if her son was diagnosed in school, weren't those schools where she use to live very FLDS? Meaning sort of home schooled? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. And maybe once she wasn't there any longer maybe at a regular school was when it was diagnosed, but was it through a nurse or actually taken to a doctor?

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The rules I saw were not bad. They were actually no different than what I was doing at the time, except the endless wiping of things and changing clothes. 

The issue is not about the fact that he has rules. It’s about how they are bent to fit his (Robyn’s?) needs.

Meri for instance, self isolated for weeks (as per their request) but she still wasn’t allowed to play with the kids or visit. There have been a few instances where both Janelle and Christine tried to discuss quarantine before visits or family gatherings and it was shot down instantly because it still imposed risks. Then there is of course the infamous nanny thing. She can come and help out because she’s no real danger as she abides by the rules. So, she can but not your wives? Kody even shut the door when his own kids asked to visit! (Truely, who desperately wanted to hang out with Sol and Ari and I think the other was Ysabel)

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I am in no way doubting any of this or making fun or anything. But if her son was diagnosed in school, weren't those schools where she use to live very FLDS? Meaning sort of home schooled? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. And maybe once she wasn't there any longer maybe at a regular school was when it was diagnosed, but was it through a nurse or actually taken to a doctor?

Taking my perspective to small talk.

25 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Meri deceived him when she got herself all involved in that phone chat guy who turned out to be a girl. I think the name was Sam!

but somewhere he mentioned deceived her into marrying him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Granny58 said:

No, your family is not weird.  

Agreed.  Your family is not weird.

I remember learning in a Psych class 35 years ago that most women will pick their children over their husbands while most husbands would pick their wives over their children.

It goes back to biology.  Carrying and raising children is hard for women.  And men want regular sex.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Quick PSA re Dayton. Tne term "Asperger's Syndrome" is no longer correct. This according to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). Makes sense as autism is a spectrum disorder, meaning a range between severe and mild. We no longer categorize students at my school as having Asberger's, they are ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) or not. Dayton most likely was diagnosed ASD years ago. Many people with ASD lead typical lives. 

Agree. But it was said on more than one occasion that Dayton was never officially diagnosed. It was just professor Robyn who decided that this was what he had. In her SW-closet blog she suddenly mentioned him being diagnosed. And as usual, she contradicts her own words later on. Robyn also defended herself for being a helicopter mom re. her care for Dayton. This woman should be firmly corrected here! 
While a lot of people with ASD struggle (a little or a lot) with some aspects of life like communication  and social interaction, they are by no means helpless or incapable! Robyn makes it sound as if he’s severely disabled and needs special help and needs to be protected at all costs. He’s not. Well, at least not as far I can see from the footage he appears in on tv. He also went to, and graduated from, a normal high school like the rest.

Dayton is now a young adult. It’s time he learns to spread his wings. And yes, life will probably be a bit more tricky to navigate for him, but he has parents and siblings to guide him. That’s what they should do, not keep him home as some pet that needs daily care and can’t do anything himself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

The Utah adult kids would have had to quit work for more than 2 weeks to travel to Flagstaff, quarantine for 2 weeks before being allowed to see their sperm donor, visit, then travel back home. I doubt any of them are rich enough to give up half a month's earnings.

They said work was the exception in yesterdays episode. They don't have to quit. They just had to agree to being cautious for two weeks - no traveling - no visiting - for two weeks prior.

It was not unreasonable to request an extra layer of precaution before a large gathering. Even Janelle said "its all the things we've been doing." Yes wiping down packages seems absurd in Nov 2020 but if you really want to see your large family gather why not just do it for two weeks?

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, LilyD said:

The issue is not about the fact that he has rules. It’s about how they are bent to fit his (Robyn’s?) needs.

I seriously doubt that even if Janelle followed all the rules, and Christine did the same, that Robyn would allow them to come over for Thanksgiving.   I'm sure she would come up with some excuse - not believing the actually followed the rules, catching them in a small discrepancy, or saying unless they had it outside, it couldn't happen.   Janelle's boys would flat out not be allowed - no matter what.    Robyn talks a big game, "Oh we need to get back to a family", but not in her house.     When Meri said she could be there, Robyn did not look thrilled.  

I think she was expecting Kody to yell, scream, and give them hell at the meeting.    But when he said "appreciate", she almost burst a vein.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Someone suggested that saying she was pro-polygamy was the deception (though she may have been pro in theory; reality would be different), but I wonder if he thought her infertility was a "deception" even though she probably didn't know there would be any problem.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Janelle telling Cody to fuck off was everything!  I have always liked her. She and Christine and “their” kids are really the only ones I care about. Yes she seems passive but her kids are awesome and absolutely justified in their resentment of their no account father. I agree with everyone here that he only cares about Robins kids at this point. And this is also partly because his grown children see what he is and he can’t take that he has lost control of them. I don’t think Janelle really cares if he’s around at all. Of course she’d choose her kids and Christine and her kids over him. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I remember that and thought it was awful. First, it was an expensive computer, even split across four people.

I remember another of his birthdays when the kids pooled their money to buy him a fancy watch.  He opened it and said "wow, my 8th or 9th watch"

Even more evidence of Kody's dickdom...   or he may be missing an empathy gene

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 23

I watched the episode. Did anyone else notice that when Kody was talking to Janelle during the yard work scene, he struggled to recall Truely's name for a moment? And why couldn't the whole family do yard work together? Kody could bring Dayton so he can spend time with Janelle's sons. There were so many ways to work things out, and it's really frustrating to watch.

I did love the moment when Kody admitted he can't kick Gabe and Garrison out of the house himself because his name isn't on Janelle's lease. That was awesome.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

This is just my take on Kody's remark about Meri's deception.  I interpreted him to be referring to when he and Meri married, she had led him to believe that she was all in on polygamy.

Neither he nor Janelle had any first hand experience in this type of arrangement and may have both been looking to Meri to mentor and guide them through the adjustments required.  Turned out, Meri wasn't as capable as even she may have thought she was and built walls and obstacle courses for Kody and Janelle to navigate.  

As much as I dislike Meri for a variety of reasons, I can't fault her 100% on this.  Until a woman is confronted with the shocking reality that your husband is sliding into bed with another woman mere feet from your bedroom, it would be hard to fathom any other reactions. 

Exactly… the “deception” was revealed in the last televised visit with their therapist Nancy.

Kody said he was deceived by Meri, she led him to believe that she wanted to live polygamy and be a supportive loving first wife but once Janelle arrived on the scene Meri turned into a nasty shrew who was constantly causing trouble including being mean to his kids with Janelle and Christine

Meri promised the earth, moon and stars in order to be Kodys wife but she never actually wanted to share him with anyone

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Nope, not weird, and I would hope that if push came to shove, you'd pick your kids over you wife as well.  My view; one's children should ALWAYS come before anyone else... period, full stop.  (w/ the extremely unusual caveat that they are not a serial axe murder and even then a parent should do their level best to forgive and support their child while still holding them accountable)

Standing Meryl Streep GIF by The Academy Awards

Great point, and I should have made it clear in my first post. If my wife ever told me that my options were seeing her or seeing my children, I would pick my children. Even if they are occasionally assholes in their own right HAHA. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I'm almost as tired of people arguing about Covid as I am of Covid! What an utter joy to watch an hour of not the brightest people arguing about it. Washing groceries was not a thing by fall 2020, so Kody continues to be a dum dum. However, I definitely steered clear of anyone who said stuff like Christine's comment about"Covid doesn't control my life". I also steered clear of people with teenagers who were basically doing what they wanted. If those teenagers had been my kids, I would have done outside meet ups and phone calls. Agreements could have been worked out. These people are so immature they can't figure that part out. I also knew no one who spent 2020 holidays with their extended families, which is what these people are to each other. It's only one year! I don't get the big deal. I thought it was funny when Robyn was complaining about seeing too much of Kody. Have they really been married 10 years? Have we all been watching that long? I feel a little embarrassed, 😆 Meri continues to be the girl you have to invite to your birthday party because your mom is friends with her mom.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Sweetpea4Utoo said:

She was being FAKE

I also thought Robyn seemed very nervous when Janelle dropped off the birthday gift. Maybe she did want Janelle to meet the nanny, aka, new sister wife.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I'm still confused why Meri stubbornly hangs onto her "relationship" with Kodouchecanoe.  Is it because that's the only way she'll get into heaven?

Or what?  Otherwise, since she's ALREADY divorced, she could just go ahead and move into the B & B.  Let Mariah get a "paying" job preferably what she studied in college.  Social Work?  I can't remember but seriously;  I've seen turds on a shoe that got more attention than Meri does from CurlyTop.

I am Meri’s age and have a thought on her desires. She seems to be insinuating wanting an intimate relationship with him. Thanks to peri menopause my libido is that of a fifteen year old boy. I have a high drive now but I have an understanding husband who is invested in helping me feel…satisfied. Even though she is legally divorced, Meri sees herself as spiritually married. If she can’t get any from Kody she can’t get any. I don’t think she wants a husband but a FWB 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I also thought Robyn seemed very nervous when Janelle dropped off the birthday gift. Maybe she did want Janelle to meet the nanny, aka, new sister wife.

Or she didn't want Janelle to know that she and Kodork had another baby, and thus prove Gabe right 😆 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I watched the episode. Did anyone else notice that when Kody was talking to Janelle during the yard work scene, he struggled to recall Truely's name for a moment? And why couldn't the whole family do yard work together? Kody could bring Dayton so he can spend time with Janelle's sons. There were so many ways to work things out, and it's really frustrating to watch.

I did love the moment when Kody admitted he can't kick Gabe and Garrison out of the house himself because his name isn't on Janelle's lease. That was awesome.

Kody really disgusts me with his treatment of some of his children, particularly the ones with Christine— namely Truely and Ysabel.

I was thinking that when he expressed fear that a wife would divorce him if a child died, he was really thinking of his two youngest with Robyn. That if Sol or Ariella got sick and died because he exposed them to covid, Robyn would leave him. Because who else does he really care about leaving him?

Also, with regards to kicking his sons out— during the initial months of the pandemic, many governors issued temporary bans on evictions. Don’t know if that was the case in AZ.  Here in PA, one couldn’t kick strangers out of rentals, much less their sons. 

Edited by Adiba
  • Useful 13
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Christine filmed and posted a video of one of the girls taking a flying leap onto the Christmas tree.

And not just any of the girls… it was Ysabel with her scoliosis running across the room, jumping onto the couch and then flying through the air into the decorated Xmas tree 

I was shocked since after moving to Flagstaff Christine was always saying how much pain Ysabel was in with her back

here’s a few screenshots

71B88FEE-D2CE-4411-B423-530D4FE7053C.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And not just any of the girls… it was Ysabel with her scoliosis running across the room, jumping onto the couch and then flying through the air into the decorated Xmas tree 

I was shocked since after moving to Flagstaff Christine was always saying how much pain Ysabel was in with her back

here’s a few screenshots

71B88FEE-D2CE-4411-B423-530D4FE7053C.jpeg

Buddy the Elf did that 😊🎄 

49 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

Thanks to peri menopause my libido is that of a fifteen year old boy.

My gynecologist recently explained this phenomenon to me. I’m pretty up on my health and current state of affairs but I did NOT know this would be happening 😳

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I think it was two seasons ago he and Meri went back to their marriage therapist Nancy and that’s where he said he was deceived by Meri. He basically said she tricked him into marrying her because there were things he didn’t know about her until they were married. Meanwhile, they only courted for a few months before they got married. Realistically, how can anyone expect to know everything about a person when you only court someone for such a short time. And I remember when he was courting Robyn he specifically said they don’t discuss finances or anything too heavy/important before they married because that sort of stuff will all come out when they’re married and it’s a sign of faith and trust that you go in blind. I don’t believe that Meri deceived him at all. They were very young when they married and didn’t know each other. Of course you’re going to find out things that you don’t like. Possible dealbreakers if you’d found them out before marriage. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
Just now, RedDelicious said:

Buddy the Elf did that 😊🎄 

Exactly… that’s how Christine encouraged Ysabel… she said “do it!..do it in Elf style!”

the last thing on the video is Ysabel and the tree flying towards the window and Christine shouting something like “oh my god!!”

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly… that’s how Christine encouraged Ysabel… she said “do it!..do it in Elf style!”

the last thing on the video is Ysabel and the tree flying towards the window and Christine shouting something like “oh my god!!”

Ha, I didn’t know that!

• Love 2