Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: Choosing Kids Over Kody

Pallas
  • Start Topic

On 1/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, Roslyn said:

But the lot...isn't one lot. It's four separate parcels that are already with their own registered boundary lines. Kody only briefly mentioned that before they can redraw any boundaries with in the total 14 acres they have to pay off the loan (2 were financed, 2 purchased outright).

Well, there is the answer.  The paid up lots are Sobyn’s and Janelle’s, the financed lots were Meri’s and Christine’s. Put those two on the market and build another mansion and a bungalow with greenhouses.

• Love 7

I had sort of forgotten about the big house plan with all the discussion about dividing up the 4 plots into 5 and who was going to live where, etc. I'm so glad they waited so long, because now, if you consider that most of the adult children have moved far away on their own, Kody is trying to evict 2 more, Christine and her children have left, another wife may follow, Kody has no need for a giant hotel type house anymore, A regular sized duplex may suffice!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 1/15/2022 at 9:16 AM, sheshark said:

Well, there is the answer.  The paid up lots are Sobyn’s and Janelle’s, the financed lots were Meri’s and Christine’s. Put those two on the market and build another mansion and a bungalow with greenhouses.

It still isn't that easy... In episode3 of season 15s thread @spacefly posted a breakdown of the actual and REAL layouts of the four lots with a list of who is listed as owning each lot. No lots are outright owned by only one of the Browns...but an odd mix up of them all. This is a repost of the photo.

838133267_CoyotePassProperty.thumb.jpg.945d8595b4ddb4726c9e2916d2e77085.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

It still isn't that easy... In episode3 of season 15s thread @spacefly posted a breakdown of the actual and REAL layouts of the four lots with a list of who is listed as owning each lot. No lots are outright owned by only one of the Browns...but an odd mix up of them all. This is a repost of the photo.

838133267_CoyotePassProperty.thumb.jpg.945d8595b4ddb4726c9e2916d2e77085.jpg

It seems as if they have changed the configuration or were having it surveyed to change the configuration so that Janelle got that large road frontage lot. They make everything so comlicated.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, spacefly said:

It seems as if they have changed the configuration or were having it surveyed to change the configuration so that Janelle got that large road frontage lot. They make everything so comlicated.

Oh yes. Kody only barely mentioned in a talking head that before the boundary lines can be redrawn the propertieS had to be paid off. I am not sure, but it may be the only time he didn't reference Coyote pass in the reality of 4 parcels  vs the "property" as if it is one 14 acre lot.

I vaguely remember Robyn telling Gabe when they all went out to see it after first moving to Flagstaff (everyone stripping and jumping in the muck ditch) that Robyn just said "we paid for two and have a loan for two".

If there is a master plan in all of this, it may be to keep the drama going at all costs to at minimum get the money for the infrastructure so they can get those mortgages to build. We are going into 4 years with picnic tables, a few peeled logs, a hole dug for a cistern and some dirt leveled for Janelle's RV.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I tried watching the other night for the first time in two weeks, and after several minutes of Kodvid logging with his two sons and yammering about Covid and people not being loyal to him, I had enough.  I can't take having that guy on my tv screen. [re-posting in the correct thread]

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Shelbie said:

He wants to be a cult leader and is furious that most of his wives and children refuse to be mindless followers.

I agree, and he's also bad at being a cult leader.

How many years did he spend half-assing absolutely everything relating to his family? "Letting" the wives do whatever they wanted? Sitting back while the kids "abandoned" his faith and made it clear they didn't (not one of them) want to live polygamy? Whining and complaining about how "needy" his wives were?

Not that I'm suggesting he should have been more of a hard-ass, but a cult leader has got to work harder than Kody has.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Whining and complaining about how "needy" his wives were?

Are they really being that needy, or are they just expecting a husband front and center when he comes for his every 4 day visit? 

Like he has said before this is what they signed up for, they also expected him to be a husband/father for them and their children.  Not someone who stops by because they feel obligated to do so.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Are they really being that needy, or are they just expecting a husband front and center when he comes for his every 4 day visit? 

Like he has said before this is what they signed up for, they also expected him to be a husband/father for them and their children.  Not someone who stops by because they feel obligated to do so.

Oh, absolutely!

He seems utterly flabbergasted to find out that the TWENTY-TWO other people in his family have needs of their own!

None of the wives seem needy, just fed up.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Oh, absolutely!

He seems utterly flabbergasted to find out that the TWENTY-TWO other people in his family have needs of their own!

None of the wives seem needy, just fed up.

Exactly! And this is the whole issue behind the quarantine argument: It's not about the rules itself. It's about being forced to abide by the rules so that King Kody might accidentally stop by for a little bit if he feels like it, which hardly ever happens.

I can totally see why Janelle, Christine, Gabe and Garrison refuse to put their lives on hold just for the highly unlikely possibility that dad comes home... Just imagine having to quarantine for days and he doesn't show up? Or he does show up, has dinner and hangs around texting Robyn for the next hour and then leaves again. I wouldn't do that either!

• Love 17
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

I can totally see why Janelle, Christine, Gabe and Garrison refuse to put their lives on hold just for the highly unlikely possibility that dad comes home... Just imagine having to quarantine for days and he doesn't show up? 

That's apparently what happened at least once - Gabe said he stayed away from his GF for 2 weeks but Kootie didn't come over

• Love 2