Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

All the fat, weight positive people are in their 20s, and not very smart.

Let them get to 45 (maybe), and their knees will smarten their dummmmmm asses up!

Preach! YMMV

This is what I always thing. I was healthy as a fat 20/30-something. Eventually, that changed...so I changed.

I can't think that Dr. Now's exercise program is that taxing...does it cut into his gaming too much?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, mk828 said:

Oh boy.. He's teaching Gym?

His gym class is actually adorable. Look at the kids smiles and enthusiasm!

1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

We're going to see an actual heart attack in progress.  Not like that fake one that that one woman tried to pull.  (can't remember her name)

Her name was Dumbass, I think.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
Just now, Suzywriter said:

His gym class is actually adorable. Look at the kids smiles and enthusiasm!

I have to admit, he's easily one of the more likable poundticipants so far this season. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

No snark just curious…how does that work if one applies to college or university ? Is there a way to record and submit transcripts ?

The state requires a report each year showing the number of hours of class time, subjects covered, etc. Tho some schools have stopped requiring the SAT & ACT, good scores on those exams show that material was covered adequately.  Many homeschoolers have life experiences such as going on year-long missions or traveling with parents, living overseas, etc. that colleges take into consideration.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

No snark just curious…how does that work if one applies to college or university ? Is there a way to record and submit transcripts ?

I don't know.  My SIL was homeschooled and has a PhD.  the people I know who are home schooling are very intelligent and believe in giving their children a great education.  It wasn't common when ours were in school or I might have done it instead of sending them to parochial and private schools since the public school they were zoned for wasn't that great in our opinion.  I could have saved beaucoup $$$$$ per year.  I have a friend who teaches music and a lot of times we discuss what a school would look like if we could design  the curricum 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

All the fat, weight positive people are in their 20s, and not very smart.

Let them get to 45 (maybe), and their knees will smarten their dummmmmm asses up!

Preach! YMMV

They are in their 40s and in massive denial. The girl who posted has many back issues and i remember barely made it when we walked 15 min and up 2 flights of stairs to a restaurant. Like, I don’t care about your weight but don’t pretend that it isn’t affecting your health. If you smoke a pack a day and tell me it doesn’t affect your health then you are full of shit.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 11
Just now, Twopper said:

I don't know.  My SIL was homeschooled and has a PhD.  the people I know who are home schooling are very intelligent and believe in giving their children a great education.  It wasn't common when ours were in school or I might have done it instead of sending them to parochial and private schools since the public school they were zoned for wasn't that great in our opinion.  I could have saved beaucoup $$$$$ per year.  I have a friend who teaches music and a lot of times we discuss what a school would look like if we could design  the curriculum

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I have a friend who is doing haphazard homeschooling. The standards are abominably low, and the kids have the social skills of jackals. I really like this person, too. 

It depends on the state. There are many opportunities for homeschooled kids to socialize with others. They don't have to be barbarians. Also, for those who go to church, there are church activities, Sunday school, etc. They aren't growing up in a cave.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

They are in their 40s and in massive denial. The girl who posted has many back issues and i remember barely made it when we walked 15 min and up 2 flights of stairs to a restaurant. Like, I don’t care about your weight but don’t pretend that it isn’t affecting your health.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. --it happens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I don't know.  My SIL was homeschooled and has a PhD.  the people I know who are home schooling are very intelligent and believe in giving their children a great education.  It wasn't common when ours were in school or I might have done it instead of sending them to parochial and private schools since the public school they were zoned for wasn't that great in our opinion.  I could have saved beaucoup $$$$$ per year.  I have a friend who teaches music and a lot of times we discuss what a school would look like if we could design  the curricum 

Yes, some of them educate quite well, particularly ones that have a homeschooling coop so that they do things together, field trips, etc.

• Love 5