Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, hookedontv said:

What’s going on with his facial hair? 

I can’t stand big, bushy beards. I will usually turn off programs featuring men with big, bushy beards. But Lucas’s beard is the least of his problems.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Have these shows been getting more and more boring or is it just me?

Yes, because they are filmed over six months to a year. The original format followed the subject for 7--seven! years.  Then it was two or three, now it's three fast food trips, a weird family member and one bath stretched over 2 hours.  That doesn't take two hours to do even if we were in the actual passenger seat beside the pounticipant. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I will/do homeschool, secularly. We also are involved in a micro school 2 days a week with group fieldtrips and activities. And pre-panini, we did lots of lessons (eg, gymnastics, dance, art,etc). And if the panorama ever ends and people get their shit together, we’ll be able to have meet ups and outings with another local secular homeschooling group. It’s what you make it. 

That sounds great. Plenty of people homeschool for reasons other than political or cult or _______ <insert your own word> very successfully. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That was an episode that will live forever. Classic. 

Lucas' face when he realized that his very own episode is sooo boring that the Pounders spend all their time reminiscing about the best.episode.eva! (ummm...not yours.)

image.png.3fbf05d7c6dc1abfd21e6179be443f13.png

Epic fail.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
Just now, Lima Bean said:

I can’t stand big, bushy beards. I will usually turn off programs featuring men with big, bushy beards. But Lucas’s beard is the least of his problems.

I’m too traumatized by my dad’s huge, dark 70’s/80’s beard to EVER find that attractive in a man. Sorry, not sorry. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

calibrate

nutrisystem

atkins

slimfast

jenny craig

noom

Happy New Year!!!

I will find myself on the treadmill at Planet Fatness next week. It's not a resolution thing, it's a must rid myself of the gingerbread and eggnog belly that I gained from November until today. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My cat farted…smells so bad but I don’t have the heart to kick her off my lap

F2C861D0-1CA6-4578-A23F-5FAC1E66C21F.jpeg

Same here.. Yesterday my cat was stinking up the whole living room. I yelled at him and he just gave me a "Well you do it too kind of look" 

• LOL 12
2 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Dr. Now is getting soft on these people.  They keep losing, but short of the goal he gave them, and he still approves them for surgery.

I think Dr. Now is just pulling numbers out of the air.  He's got his mind on his next stethoscope.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I will find myself on the treadmill at Planet Fatness next week. It's not a resolution thing, it's a must rid myself of the gingerbread and eggnog belly that I gained from November until today. 

You forgoe WW.. whatever that is now.  I bought an exercise let trainer.. it is helping me.

6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think there is a bit of a stigma as many children who were abused, a part of cults etc were homeschooled. Yet before Covid I was on a resort full of USdoctors and many of the, pulled their kids out to be homeschooled for many reasons. 

There’s a good documentary I watched on Amazon Prime (I think) about an African-American family who homeschooled all their children. Some of the kids were happy with their experience, while others, namely the filmmaker herself, were not. She felt that although she was academically advanced, socially she was not on par, despite the interaction she and her siblings had with other groups of children. Of course I can’t remember the name of the freaking film.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2