Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hello Pounders!

Can't believe I am 15min late!  I was finally seeing what the hype was all about on Ted Lasso and lost track of time...and I was so engrossed, there have been no dinner eating habit!  Go figure!

I was gonna start that this weekend (I'm off tomorrow and Friday). Gotta wait until I get my computer back now.

• Love 1

Conroe to Dr. Now's Houston office is only about an hour.    

2017, 545 lbs.    I hate to tell his sister, but 135 lbs. went bye-bye a long time ago.   Since he's only 33, if he gets with the program, he could have a great outcome.   

Month 1-619 (I really thought he was closer to 700).   

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

They actually reject people?

Yes. 1. I have been diagnosed with an eating disorder. They don't take eating disorder people because we will mess up their success rate when their hocus pocus doesn't work for us.

2. My insurance wouldn't pay for their prescription of some kind of weight loss potion, and it's $1400/month without insurance. They don't give the option of paying out of pocket, not that I would, so I'm guessing the price creeps up after the initial quote. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

My SIL gave everyone one of those apples and I am just staring at it, befuddled on how to eat the damn thing.

I cut it in half close to the stick, pulled out the stick, then cut it into 8 pieces. Took out my thumb slicing out the core bit. Be careful.

• Love 2
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Yes. 1. I have been diagnosed with an eating disorder. They don't take eating disorder people because we will mess up their success rate when their hocus pocus doesn't work for us.

2. My insurance wouldn't pay for their prescription of some kind of weight loss potion, and it's $1400/month without insurance. They don't give the option of paying out of pocket, not that I would, so I'm guessing the price creeps up after the initial quote. 

I had a feeling skewing the numbers would be a part of their reasoning.

I wish you luck with your journey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, String Theory said:

So disappointed- I want my money back!

Maybe they're saving that for the Supersized episode on Thursday the 6th?

The sister hasn't taken a good look at her kids, they're already overweight, and going to end up like Uncle Lucas.  

He's the most extroverted depressed, and stressed person I've seen.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Ms. Me said:

The “homeschooling” didn’t look very rigorous or professional. That bothers me. 

They showed 2 seconds. It would be difficult to tell the rigor from that snippet.  Most people use some kind of commercial curriculum. Some curricula are offered by the state. There are also programs  developed by religious organizations. 

I know a number of people who have home schooled over the years and taught homeschooled students as a professor in a grad program. Somehow they manage to learn to read and write.  

My son plans to homeschool his child and if I still have brain cells working, I'll probably do the teaching. In many communities, there are homeschool groups so the kids can get special enrichment classes, do sports, etc. In most cases, it's not what people think, tho I will agree that some political or fundamentalist groups do things differently.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I cut it in half close to the stick, pulled out the stick, then cut it into 8 pieces. Took out my thumb slicing out the core bit. Be careful.

I gave one of those to my boss for Christmas years ago, she served it as dessert at a dinner party! It was enough for something like 6 people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, TazDevil said:

All lip service.  If you were willing to do "whatever it takes" you would have started already.  Why do they think Dr. Now has a magic wand or pixie dust or something???

Surgery is magic, didn't you know that?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The sister hasn't taken a good look at her kids, they're already overweight, and going to end up like Uncle Lucas.  

Uncle Lucas teaching arithmetic: So, if I give you seven cookies, and I take 5, how many do you have left? 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Ms. Me said:

The “homeschooling” didn’t look very rigorous or professional. That bothers me. 

I have a friend who is doing haphazard homeschooling. The standards are abominably low, and the kids have the social skills of jackals. I really like this person, too. 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

All lip service.  If you were willing to do "whatever it takes" you would have started already.  Why do they think Dr. Now has a magic wand or pixie dust or something???

Remember Shelley from Celebrity Rehab? "He's not willing to do whatever it takes. He's willing to do what he thinks it should take". I've never forgotten that. 

• Love 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Uncle Lucas teaching arithmetic: So, if I give you seven cookies, and I take 5, how many do you have left? 

None.  Because this while you were solving that subtraction problem, I polished them all off!!

• LOL 5