Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I have to wear them when I fly, they are super painful and I am not overweight so they must hurt even more for folks who are larger.

I wear them on planes as well and they’re a pain to get on. If he managed to get both of them on himself, I'm impressed.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Have these shows been getting more and more boring or is it just me?

This season seems like it's comprised of all the low drama boring peeps who didn't make the first cut but now get screen time due to lack of filming due to the pandemic.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

The state requires a report each year showing the number of hours of class time, subjects covered, etc. Tho some schools have stopped requiring the SAT & ACT, good scores on those exams show that material was covered adequately.  Many homeschoolers have life experiences such as going on year-long missions or traveling with parents, living overseas, etc. that colleges take into consideration.

Ahhh ok thanks, I live in Canada so no SATs etc

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

My cousin homeschooled and is now a professor of forestry. His younger brothers started homeschooling but eventually went to a private Christian school. They're all married with jobs now. 

What I noticed is my cousin was always mature for his age and had a lot of self-discipline. That might have helped him with homeschooling. They also went to church and Little League.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Not just you!!! My mom is asleep right now!!!

I guess after we had Lacey this season anything short of getting ditched at a rest stop is a snooze fest. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I streamed all of TOO LARGE over the holidays, that Dr Proctor is handsome.  One of the 'patients' admitted in a YT that his 'love interest' was found by the producers to film their 'date'.  The way he explained it makes sense and I think that's how it is for all the shows. Whitney, Single Life, etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

There are compression socks with zippers.  Not as tight but easier to put on and take off.

Free advice here- take the plastic package, open it and put it on the front of your foot covering your toes then those suckers slide on with no problem.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

And when they had surgery.

And when they covered 7 years in one episode.

And when it was educational because it was on the Channel Formerly Known as
The Learning Channel or...

image.png.214d51883822d33c1b7d25d90cd465ed.png

for short!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

My cousin homeschooled and is now a professor of forestry. His younger brothers started homeschooling but eventually went to a private Christian school. They're all married with jobs now. 

What I noticed is my cousin was always mature for his age and had a lot of self-discipline. That might have helped him with homeschooling. They also went to church and Little League.

I think there is a bit of a stigma as many children who were abused, a part of cults etc were homeschooled. Yet before Covid I was on a resort full of USdoctors and many of them pulled their kids out to be homeschooled for many reasons. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 7
Just now, mk828 said:

I guess after we had Lacey this season anything short of getting ditched at a rest stop is a snooze fest. 

Lucas will never top her sharting, or getting dumped in Texas.   Or the one from Tucson who had the trailer break down.  

I love that the gym just happened to have two weight benches side by side for him.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

They’ve really been leaning heavily into the voiceovers. Which are droning normally but then the droning drones on and on and on…

Sister basically said the same thing twice in slightly different words...

• Love 5

I will/do homeschool, secularly. We also are involved in a micro school 2 days a week with group fieldtrips and activities. And pre-panini, we did lots of lessons (eg, gymnastics, dance, art,etc). And if the panorama ever ends and people get their shit together, we’ll be able to have meet ups and outings with another local secular homeschooling group. It’s what you make it. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh god that was hilarious. If this makes me a bad person then so be it. 

There has been countless times on this board where many of us are bad people.. The snark makes our Wednesday nights something to look forward to. I'm lost without you fine people in the offseason 

• Love 15