Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Not Social But Very Distant

Pallas
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I did chuckle about Janelle and her green house's, really ? It wasn't too long ago she didn't even know what a butternut squash was? 

With the recent revelations about Janelle attending "Industrial German Rock" concerts in her snakeskin leggings, I wonder if there is a side to Janelle we are just now discovering. 

She may intend to get licensed to grow a crop other than vegetables and is claiming farm to table to make it more palatable to some of the viewing audience.  It wouldn't be the first time the family has attempted to cash in on the newly relaxed laws, a few years back Meri and Kody were murmuring about distributing CBD oils.

Of course an enterprise such as this with multiple greenhouses would not be allowed in a residential community but if she is going to dream, it might as well be something where there would be the possibility of generating some real income.  She could call it Marijanelle's Gardens.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6

Takeaways from this episode: 

* Kody is the ultimate ass
* Poor Christine
* Robyn lettin’ it all play out 
* Janelle + greenhouses = 🤣
* Meri’s up to something, maybe she’s thinking going along with this shit will get her back in Kody’s good graces (delusional as usual). 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

while he and Robyn are banging like a screen door in a hurricane.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Love the imagery!!!

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, albarino said:

Before I get blasted, I'm a healthcare professional,

Somewhat similar - I work in hospitals all up and down the East coast - I am not involved in direct patient care but meetings and on-sites put me in the thick of it. I regularly traveled to Manhattan hospitals that summer for bi-weekly project meetings and they scheduled it such that I could quarantine in between. My take on Christine and Kody referring to it as vacation (which really annoyed me) was a veiled attempt at sarcasm and humor that wasn't funny. I don't think Christine was as lackadaisical about it as the scene implied and when you're dealing with a horrifically toxic narcissistic douche canoe like Kody Brown, you kind of have to adapt to their humor for the sake of your own protection. As far as Ysabel's talking heads, I had no problem with what she said. She's a young person whose eyes are now opening to just what type of asshole her father is. 

The moral of the story for me is that Kody is always looking for his hill to die on in every situation, and the mortal sin of Christine's travel was just that. As a side note there was so much quarantine shaming on social media at that time and QS is something I just refuse to do. My family and I continue to follow every guideline and protocol to stay healthy for ourselves and that's all we can do.

• Love 22

Kody’s stomping and pouting and disengagement during the meeting about the lots was just amazing. He could not handle their laughing and being cordial and logical without him acting as the central figure. Yes, we learned later that Christine was faking it but still, it differed so much from the usual pattern of Kody making declarations and pouting and orating when the wives don’t react the way he wants. “Who can understand the abyss of women’s minds?” he muses. Yeah. It’s a mystery.

Christine succinctly summarizes the whole problem with polygamy: who wants to be at close range to watch her husband have a “functioning marriage”with someone else?

19 minutes ago, answerphone said:

And aside from Kody being a pompous ass, I’m dwelling on the fact they’ve lived there two years and there’s absolutely no decisions or progress made on their parcel of land. 

Wouldn’t that have been a priority even before Covid started?

They were already griping about no one wanting to gather anymore, before Covid, and lamenting that the family was falling apart. 

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And the dumbest part is, all the other adults are like, "we can't have the plot of land Janelle wants because of her future greenhouses!"  Janelle - who claims to be stunned and awed every time she goes to a grocery store and finds that vegetables actually grow in the wild and don't just come canned...Janelle, who can't stick to a diet for more than two hours at a time because her "schedule" is just so crazy busy and unpredictable...and they are all supposedly willing to take a different lot because of her grandiose greenhouse plans (I mean let's be rill, nothing is getting built on that property ever anyway, so it's all just talk).  But it's like Meri saying, "hey - you guys remember when I went to that Wine and Canvas class and painted trees for you?  I've decided to become a professional artist.  So I need a plot that faces east for the sunrise, and has trees to the southwest with the winds primarily from the north, so I can set up an easel in my backyard and paint stuff for my eventual gallery show."

I don't know how any of them kept a straight face.

THIS. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I'm kind of excited to see Christine take off and go back to Utah.  I think  Kodouche is just gonna crap his pants.  Seriously.  And rilly, he's not gonna be satisfied with Sobbyn for long...  Wonder how SHE'LL react when Kodouche mentions "another wife".....

Please, please, please sweet baby Jesus, let us be around to see that wonderful day and the look on her face!  And if I might add, PLEASE let the first five young girls he approaches give him a grossly disgusted face at the thought of him even thinking about them and let there be a camera crew there to get every delicious moment on film of him slinking away in embarrassed defeat.  Seriously, you always want to have a front row seat and a bowl of freshly popped corn when karma comes back around to dole out justice.  Kootie and Sobyn have caused so much heart ache, anger and mistrust to so many people over the years in order to get what they want.  You just really want to see them reap much, much more than they have sown.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

Kody seems to drop them like a hot potato once perimenopause hits. He seems to view the ability to reproduce as a major deciding factor in his level of commitment to each wife. The clock is ticking for Robyn.

My hope is that the universe does us a solid and Kootie loses the use of his baby maker . . . what would the great prophet do if he couldn’t bang young girls and make babies?  Well I guess he would be left with his thoughts and would have to lament for the rest of his life on what a garbage human being he is . . .

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

My hope is that the universe does us a solid and Kootie loses the use of his baby maker . . . what would the great prophet do if he couldn’t bang young girls and make babies?  Well I guess he would be left with his thoughts and would have to lament for the rest of his life on what a garbage human being he is . . .

Great. Kodouche physically & emotionally abandoning a few more children once they get older and he gets bored of them 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

However, Christine signed up for a situation where she was getting 1/3 of a husband for herself and 1/3 of a father for her eventual offspring. Christine volunteered for that. But now she wants to be pissed when Kody says he has other kids and other wives to consider.

weren't they all living together in one building though?  I truly think that's the life she envisioned for herself.  He would at least be a full-time father to all the kids this way.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Kody's an a$$ but Christine was behaving recklessly in my opinion and Kody had a right to be concerned. This was all prior to vaccines and  the terrible winter surge that devastated so many and just crushed our healthcare workers. You could hear Christine in Ysabel's comment "oh he's so strong (sarcasm) when is he going to stop letting fear run his life."  For many, following COVID precautions wasn't about fear, it was a concern of public health and I'm sorry I wouldn't hug my family members who were out partying either. It wasn't a concern for me- it just didn't feel right. I understand Kody here. He's pissed.

However, Kody could have gone. Quarantined, tested Christine's family  and gone.  He is essentially choosing Robyn's children over Ysabel because he could have traveled safely with Ysabel for the surgery. So I absolutely get her heartbreak. In many families two parents really can't pick up and go across the country for 8 weeks-- but in polygamy - they could have. That's the perk.

Well, could he have gone?  I used to think that Kody was the breadwinner, but I’m not sure now.  Could he have traveled to NJ for 8 weeks or at least a week?  I’d think so, but I get how you do have to consider the risks if the breadwinner for that many people is dead or on life support. If he’s out of work due to death or disability how do the rest survive?  If they are supporting themselves, then great.  I just have no idea.  Could  he have worked remotely?  Idk.  I’ll take a look at Kody’s thread to see if it’s been revealed outside of the show.  

I do think that Christine was being disingenuous by not recognizing that her carelessness with covid was a factor in Kody’s distancing.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

However, Christine signed up for a situation where she was getting 1/3 of a husband for herself and 1/3 of a father for her eventual offspring. Christine volunteered for that. But now she wants to be pissed when Kody says he has other kids and other wives to consider. Christine proceeded to have 6 kids with a guy in a marriage I'm convinced had issues pretty early on. Certainly she knew there were issues before she got pregnant with Truely. But Christine kept going, popping out kid after kid. Meanwhile, by her own admission, she felt like a Basement Wife.

So I get what you are all saying, but Christine bears some responsibility here. And I think Christine would be happy as a clam if she was still the newest and youngest wife and Kody was doing this crap to one of the others. Just saying'. 

Also, Christine's Covid behavior sucks. 

Right there with you. I've said it all before as well, she is as complicit as he is with his poor treatment of the kids.  When he neglected to see how ill Truely was and then blew it off was the time that Christine should have taken a hard look at what was happening. But she gave him a pass and continued to do so all through Ysabel's "treatment". She shares equal blame for this mess.  I don't give her one single pass.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

weren't they all living together in one building though?  I truly think that's the life she envisioned for herself.  He would at least be a full-time father to all the kids this way.  

Yes and what other kids is he considering?  He lives with Robyn and her kids. He makes no effort to see Janelle's or Christines children.  If one of his many kids is having major surgery and she is scared his place is with that child and her mother during this time.  Anything less is unconscionable. Robyn and her children should be able to manage for a few week without him. 

And if I never hear these 3 words "fully functioning marriage" again it will be too soon. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Was the land at Coyote Pass purchased as one tract or more?  I’m unclear how they intend to reconfigure property lines on real property that has lien(s)attached for loans.   The loan would have a legal description, usually metes and bounds. And that secures the promissory note(s)to ensure the lien holder gets paid. For nonpayment or default, the lien holder may become the legal owner of the land after due process.  So, how can the family change up those property lines which would alter the lien holder’s rights to seize the land in case of non-payment/default?  I am an attorney, though not licensed in AZ.  I just don’t see how their plans are feasible? Maybe, this was done just for their own purposes and it would have no legal implications.    

• Useful 7
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

I would have coughed in his face. Sorry, not sorry. Then the douche bag would’ve had to quarantine from Robyn and the precious ones and get tested. 
PS— just kidding 

I wanted Meri to claim Lot 1, with the drainage ditch, just because that was the fambly's worst-case scenario.  I wanted to see them all make excuses about why she wasn't allowed to choose that one.  It also would have placed Kody between Christine and Meri so that they wouldn't have to live by each other.   Instead, we saw Kody whine that it has no resale value.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Did Christine say why she picked NJ for the surgery?  I get finding the best place possible, but Duke Med is only a couple hours drive from Maddie in Greenville, NC. And, there is an awesome hospital in Greenville too.  Just saying.  She said something about how she just loved those guys. Was Isabel treated in NJ before?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, eskimo said:

Did the editing used to somewhat protect Robyn and Kody, or did they always show the behind the scenes manipulations contrasted with face-to-face phony-ness?  I remember it as we had to decipher the fakeness ourselves, but admit I only half-watched for a long time, and even left for several seasons.   

This is definitely an interesting question you posted and it deserved a bit more attention than it got, I guess it got missed in the common cry of outrage over Kodouche and Sobbyn's behaviour. So here's my take, hope that others pick it up and add to it:

Maybe the editing has been softer in the past, but the situation they were in didn't make their outrageous behaviour as visible as it is now:

• More little kids and teens that needed attention and be taken care of. Apart from Savanah, Truley and Robyn's 2 kids, all are over 18 and most (apart from Robyn's three moved out) 
  • Until now, all wives were treated "fairly" equal when it came to places to Iive and what they needed. In Lehi, all three had their own apartment, though Christine was condemned to the basement. Robyn had her own rental. In LV, all houses were the same. I said "fairly' because we all knew Meri got as much as the others who had 5 kids more to support.
  • Now, they're completely apart, making it more visible that Kody is never around for the others.
  • K's behaviour probably got a lot worse over the years because he's in the middle of a HUGE midlife crisis.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was the land at Coyote Pass purchased as one tract or more?  I’m unclear how they intend to reconfigure property lines on real property that has lien(s)attached for loans.   The loan would have a legal description, usually metes and bounds. And that secures the promissory note(s)to ensure the lien holder gets paid. For nonpayment or default, the lien holder may become the legal owner of the land after due process.  So, how can the family change up those property lines which would alter the lien holder’s rights to seize the land in case of non-payment/default?  I am an attorney, though not licensed in AZ.  I just don’t see how their plans are feasible? Maybe, this was done just for their own purposes and it would have no legal implications.    

This is what is confusing to me as well. They apparently brought 4 plots but I believe the configuration in the beginning was different. Each plot is its own entity with property bounds, so I can't imagine you can just go in and change it to suit your whims without some legalities. Also now they split 2 lots into three, again I don't know how they can get away with just making up their own rules. 

• Love 16

One more reason to believe that the entire surveyor thing with dividing the land into new parcels is fake.... I agree with Mahamid that it seems highly unlikely you can 'just' do that. There may be ways around it but I'm sure it's a lengthy and costly legal process.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I don't know how they can get away with just making up their own rules. 

Persecution, baby, persecution.  Just make up your own rules and then whine and cry and wave the "it's because we are polygamists" banners. 

Not sure that will cut the mustard in Flag.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did Christine say why she picked NJ for the surgery?  I get finding the best place possible, but Duke Med is only a couple hours drive from Maddie in Greenville, NC. And, there is an awesome hospital in Greenville too.  Just saying.  She said something about how she just loved those guys. Was Isabel treated in NJ before?  

I believe last week it was stated that most doctors use rods but not many use the fibers, so I guess she was limited that way, and then looked into different doctors .that use fibers and liked this one which is near her sister.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Savanah is 16.

She turns 17 tomorrow (Dec 7th). I wonder if her sperm donor will remember. Probably not because it appeared on SM that Janelle & family were at Maddie's for Thanksgiving.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh, Meri, LOL - so sneaky, communicating to her family and the viewers with her passive-aggressive t-shirts.  She's a sly one, for sure. 🙄

Perhaps the following week she'll wear Melania's "I Don't Care" jacket - it is probably the same size as the jackets Meri usually wears.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

Having been aware that the Harrington rod has been the usual treatment for scoliosis for many years and now hearing about this new treatment Christine was explaining, or trying to, I was curious as to what it is and how it works.  For anyone interested, online it appears she is speaking about the Tether treatment, aka tethering.  It's FDA approved and seems to be an appropriate treatment for adolescent scoliosis.  I hope Ysabel has recovered and is improved since having the surgery.  Does anyone have current information on her condition?

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Well I guess he would be left with his thoughts and would have to lament for the rest of his life on what a garbage human being he is . . .

Nope. He's incapable. But I appreciate your optimism!😄

My guess is that he'll double-down on religion (offshoot whack-a-doodle mormons) and focus on getting back to basics - like marrying several young wives - and move to Utah.

I can picture Cody lording over a compound like the husband's dad in Big Love,  cloaking his horny narcissism in religious faith...and claiming that he was forced to leave his other wives because they fell away from The Church of Cody God.

46 minutes ago, LilyD said:

One more reason to believe that the entire surveyor thing with dividing the land into new parcels is fake.... I agree with Mahamid that it seems highly unlikely you can 'just' do that. There may be ways around it but I'm sure it's a lengthy and costly legal process.

As an architect who knows a lot about this process, you are 100% correct.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I laugh every time I recall Kody thinking he had pulled off the deal of the century because the sellers took his offer with the stipulation that he would handle the utilities, etc., and he gleefully agreed.  That seller got the sweet end of that deal, not Kody.  

And he was in a rush to snatch up the properties even though they'd been unsold for about a year.  A normal person would have requested a map and paperwork showing the extent of the easements and restrictions associated with the retention pond and regional gas line before even considering the land. 

I recall at the time that Kootie the financial wizard was talking about 7-8 "properties" and the ability to make money by selling a couple of them when their value rose.  But someone here looked up and found that they had 4 properties in their names. Who knows what the truth is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

I wanted Meri to claim Lot 1, with the drainage ditch, just because that was the fambly's worst-case scenario.  I wanted to see them all make excuses about why she wasn't allowed to choose that one.  It also would have placed Kody between Christine and Meri so that they wouldn't have to live by each other Instead, we saw Kody whine that it has no resale value.

…after proclaiming last week that he wanted that lot so everyone could have access to the “pond.” Seriously, is Meri the only one who realizes how gross it is?

hey, how about Christine telling Meri she did not want to be near her? Sheesh. Ladies, you all need to disperse. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, Annifran said:

It's FDA approved and seems to be an appropriate treatment for adolescent scoliosis.  I hope Ysabel has recovered and is improved since having the surgery.  Does anyone have current information on her condition?

I'm glad to hear it is FDA approved, unlike her previous treatments from the plumbing supply store.

There was a SM post with Kootie standing on tippy toes next to Ysabel in a Christine's family portrait after her surgery.  As one of the kids predicted, he didn't want to be seen in public to be shorter than a female in his orbit.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Kody saying he was sad about Ysabel was bullshit. He was furious that he wasn’t being obeyed.

Given the backlash and criticisms he received, I would bet good money that was filmed recently.  Based on her demeanor, I have a feeling that most of Christine's confessionals were also recent. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

uggg....so many thoughts on this episode.

All the convo about the lot divisions - Kody acting he is so hurt getting what he considers the crappy piece of the property, when last week this whole division and him taking Lot 1 with the "pond" was HIS idea.  

Christine - while I am not a fan of any of these people, I do think she will be fabulous "Oma".  Her girls are very lucky to have her as their mom.

Christine & Kody conversation on the property - what is with all the "feeling safe" talk?  These people are married to each other yet there are so many things that seem to go unspoken because someone feels hurt, afraid, not safe etc.  Why can't they just speak their truth? Why tiptoe around every conversation? They don't like each other anyway - so speak the truth! The whole talking moment about the dysfunctional marriage - why can't Christine say it to Kody? I don't get it....I may not have the best relationship at times with my husband but I would certainly call him out if I felt my marriage was "dysfunctional". 

Ysabel - Shame on Christine and Kody for waiting 4+ years to make the decision for surgery.  The surgery is awful, painful with what I think is a long recovery time.  Things may have changed since I have worked in the hospital the last 10 years but back in the day, these kids were in ICU for 2-5 days, then moved to a regular floor for another 2-5 days.  Pain control was top priority with it.  As a nurse - I hated taking care of these post op scoli cases, sometimes they were so complex.  Vacation??? Ugg...Kody I think you may spun that to your narrative - if this was filmed last year during this time, Christine was probably told to come to NJ early to quarantine before the surgery, get preop stuff done, Covid testing etc.  This surgery is rough on everyone including any caretakers that are involved. 

I had to laugh when Kody was signing the consents with Christine - when he told her she was not social distancing - good grief.  All of their rules are wacky and don't make sense.  Why couldn't all of the wives + children been part of his "bubble"?  I don't get that. Myself and my family along with 4 neighbors all were in what we considered our "bubble".  Each of us had one adult, a few of use had adult children too that would go to work and socialize outside of our neighbor bubble but we all did it without any issues - as soon as someone declared feeling bad/had any signs of illness we all stepped back for a few days, until cleared by a negative covid test/improved symptoms - it was very easy to do.  **please don't come at me about covid and social distancing* ;) 

Good grief kody, put a damn mask on and hug your kids!  so Ridiculous.....

• Like 1
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Kody is an asshole. And a shit father. That is undisputed.

However, Christine signed up for a situation where she was getting 1/3 of a husband for herself and 1/3 of a father for her eventual offspring. Christine volunteered for that. But now she wants to be pissed when Kody says he has other kids and other wives to consider. Christine proceeded to have 6 kids with a guy in a marriage I'm convinced had issues pretty early on. Certainly she knew there were issues before she got pregnant with Truely. But Christine kept going, popping out kid after kid. Meanwhile, by her own admission, she felt like a Basement Wife.

So I get what you are all saying, but Christine bears some responsibility here. And I think Christine would be happy as a clam if she was still the newest and youngest wife and Kody was doing this crap to one of the others. Just saying'. 

Also, Christine's Covid behavior sucks. 

I take issue with "this is what she signed up for" to an extent. Most people marry with high expectations and even hope that things lacking may be worked out over time. I don't think Christine thought that this situation was going to be this bad after twenty-five years of marriage.  It's not that I don't think Christine bears accountability for her part in the marriage and treatment of her kids--but to say she signed up for it is not accurate, imo. 

How many people get married and realize that it isn't working out, that things turned out differently than they had foreseen? Or started what they thought was a great job, or a program of study, only to want to quit or change things?

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Xena said:

Are we not going to discuss how sloshed Meri was during her talking head?

I've heard a few people say similar things, and at first I kind of just wrote it off, but now I'm starting to think there may be something to this. 

I've noticed that Meri is way too loud, especially during her talking heads. Why is she always yelling? It's annoying AF.

It would make sense if she were half in the bag at the time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Way back when someone on here researched the purchase of this property. I thought it was purchased as separate parcels with the names of who purchased which lots on the deeds.  It seems like there were liens on all but maybe 1 of the lots that was purchased outright.  It was all very confusing. But as you said if there are liens on these lots how could they now go back and reconfigure the lots and assign different owner  to said lots?  I cannot believe that they have satisfied the liens. This whole todo over dividing up the lots was just make-believe for the show or like you stated  they are just sticking names on the lots that mean absolutely nothng legally. I am perplexed as to how this crew ever obtained mortgages to purchase this property. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5