Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Not Social But Very Distant

Pallas
  • Start Topic

The retention "pond" will stay, but it is there to hold heavy rains & annual spring runoff & snow melt coming down from the forest lands above them.  And will be even more important when all the lots are built on, with driveways & patios that are nonabsorbent.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11

So they said the lots needed to be split for inheritance reasons. It sounded like each mom would leave the property to her own kids, to be sold or split or whatever the kids agree to. What happens to Kody’s pond piece?  Split between all kids, all wives, or just legal wife (aka Robyn the favorite)?  🤔

• Useful 6
  • Love 14

Kody telling Christine she won't have access to her father even if she moves back to Utah, appeared to have triggered her.  I wonder what’s the story there.  I have a feeling her father was either against the Browns going public or is angry with her for taking her mom in after she left him.  It’s almost as if he threw that in her face, knowing that it was a hurtful subject.  Jerk!

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

So they said the lots needed to be split for inheritance reasons. It sounded like each mom would leave the property to her own kids, to be sold or split or whatever the kids agree to. What happens to Kody’s pond piece?  Split between all kids, all wives, or just legal wife (aka Robyn the favorite)?  🤔

He probably doesn’t even own this land outright. Kody is broke. There is nothing to inherit if you don’t completely own it.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, DNR said:

Sobyn is such a SNAKE ….’ Ohhh I’m the only wife following his Covid rules , so we’re together the most” 

Totally agree with Christine - how can she sit there and watch Kodouche & Sobyn have a functional marriage . Who would want that !!

I thought the same exact thing when I saw Robyn say that. I hear what Christine's saying but I will never understand how anyone could actually want a relationship with Kody.

• Love 24

Christine is the one who said the first two weeks she and the girls were going to NJ was their vacation. And while Kody should have gone for the surgery, Christine should have NOT traveled extensively over the summer of 2020 before there was a vaccine with children.  AND to vacation weeks immediately before Ysabel’s surgery was just reckless. What’s wrong with her?  It really is ridiculous.  I get why Kody’s  pissed over that.  Taking unnecessary risk with covid makes no sense when you have a child with Ysabel’s  condition. Can you imagine the pain if she has incessant coughing?  Christine has a cavalier attitude about covid.  I’m not sure why….it’s concerning.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

Did the editing used to somewhat protect Robyn and Kody, or did they always show the behind the scenes manipulations contrasted with face-to-face phony-ness?  I remember it as we had to decipher the fakeness ourselves, but admit I only half-watched for a long time, and even left for several seasons.   

• Love 10

I had an outpatient procedure in a hospital the summer of 2020 and they required a negative test result 48 hours before the procedure.  No one was allowed to come inside with me. Patients were dropped off and family waited in their car or outside.  That would be different for minor children of course.  Christine called it a 2 week vacation before they checked in for the procedure. I hope they did stay away from exposure for those two weeks, but that’s not how it sounded.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I wish the producers would slip Robyn's girls some valium before every family announcement.

Truely was raised in the same home as Mykelti, and she's only 11 - I would've expected her to be the most exuberant. But no...it wasn't even a close contest!

I've been very excited for some baby announcements in my family, but I've never wriggled and screamed and damn near wet myself. Sweet tap dancing Moses. 😆

AROARa and Breanna learned how to be phony and fake as hell from the master.. Robyn

Robyn couldn’t give 2 shits about Mykelti having a baby nor does she care about Maddie or any of the others having kids or getting married.

Robyn wants Kody and inheritances for HER kids only and she’s trying her best to drive everyone else away…. Ever since Robyn showed up that family has been going down the shitter.

I wish they’d flush the toilet and get it over with. 🚽💩

• Love 23
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Christine is the one who said the first two weeks she and the girls were going to NJ was their vacation. And while Kody should have gone for the surgery, Christine should have NOT traveled extensively over the summer of 2020 before there was a vaccine with children.  AND to vacation weeks immediately before Ysabel’s surgery was just reckless. What’s wrong with her?  It really is ridiculous.  I get why Kody’s  pissed over that.  Taking unnecessary risk with covid makes no sense when you have a child with Ysabel’s  condition. Can you imagine the pain if she has incessant coughing?  Christine has a cavalier attitude about covid.  I’m not sure why….it’s concerning.  

Kody's an a$$ but Christine was behaving recklessly in my opinion and Kody had a right to be concerned. This was all prior to vaccines and  the terrible winter surge that devastated so many and just crushed our healthcare workers. You could hear Christine in Ysabel's comment "oh he's so strong (sarcasm) when is he going to stop letting fear run his life."  For many, following COVID precautions wasn't about fear, it was a concern of public health and I'm sorry I wouldn't hug my family members who were out partying either. It wasn't a concern for me- it just didn't feel right. I understand Kody here. He's pissed.

However, Kody could have gone. Quarantined, tested Christine's family  and gone.  He is essentially choosing Robyn's children over Ysabel because he could have traveled safely with Ysabel for the surgery. So I absolutely get her heartbreak. In many families two parents really can't pick up and go across the country for 8 weeks-- but in polygamy - they could have. That's the perk.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 19
46 minutes ago, chuckity said:

Full functioning marriage = sex ... at least that's how I'm taking it.

I've heard this a couple of times now - from both Christine and Meri saying they don't have a full functioning marriage w/ Kody.  

And then Christine said something akin to "he only has a full functioning marriage over there."

Exactly what I was thinking.

And I'm sure Kody would tell us all that he has a right to choose what he wants to do with his body. And he does. But that doesn't mean this shitty deal he's offering is free from consequences for him.

If that's the deal, then he can't expect them to stick around calling themselves a "wife" and not see other men, in my mind. That's a two way street, Kodester!

Sadly I think only Christine is ready to tell him that he can take this "deal" and shove it. Janelle and Meri seem like they are going to accept nothing, while he and Robyn are banging like a screen door in a hurricane.

Good for you, Christine!

Edited by Sasha888
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, DNR said:

how can she sit there and watch Kodouche & Sobyn have a functional marriage . Who would want that !!

In answer to Christine's question (quoted in part above), the answer is simple: Meri and Janelle.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

The dysfunction gets worse every week.  Pull the plug.   It has to be only financial reasons that Meri and Janelle are sticking with Koduche.   There's nothing else between them.   Their kids are grown, (meri's and janelle's)  Christine is out....just be with Robyn like you want to.  And I can't even imagine the legal issues regarding this clusterF.... all these kids, wives, partners, land/mortgages, etc.    This is a such a farce.   Koduche has become downright mean and emotionally ugly.  Just that mad, knitted brow puss on his face all the time.  And not to judge, but Robyn better be careful....her looks are sliding fast.   She'll get old hat too, then Kods will be looking for some new material, I'm sure.  But here I'll be!  Watching!

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

No, she's not your only kid, but...none of the others are facing major surgery right now. No other emergencies happening.

Not only that, isn’t the only minor child other than Robin’s, Truly and Isabelle?????  The remainder of them are adults. This child is in crisis and needs her father. Truly and Isabelle will be her mother and Robin’ will be with their mother.  He doesn’t want to be away from the wifey. It has nothing to do with his family.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 7

My opinion only, I think all of the Browns' COVID restrictions were/are just plain stupid.  The only person at risk was Janelle because she is obese.  Otherwise, pffft.  Before I get blasted, I'm a healthcare professional, my daughter has a PhD in biochemistry and I visited her this last year.  I'm also completely vaccinated but I digress.

I went to Scottsdale for three weeks last March, went back in April, travelled in Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov.  Live your life, Kody!  Oh wait, he is.  This COVID business its/was the perfect excuse to become monogamous.  

• Love 24
20 hours ago, Kid said:

The only emotion that Kody seems to express about any of his wives, including Robin, is contempt. And he does that with a sneer on his face.  He is demeaning every chance he gets - even when the are in agreement.  I will never understand how those women can even stand to be around him.

He has the nerve to ask his daughter if she’s going to grow up to be a bitter HOUSEWIFE because he’s not going for her surgery.  Too bad he can’t imagine her growing up to be something other than a housewife. Like a doctor. Or a lawyer. Or a teacher. His attitude toward women is painfully obvious. What an asshole he is. But then again, he has spent years with women that put up with his bullshit and he has no respect for them and women in general as a result.

Instead of assuring him that it’s OK that he’s not going with her, his daughter should have told him what she said in the talking head.

It’s why I wish just one of the girls would join the Marines, come back and put him in his place. I’d love to see one of them put him to shame about his attitude towards women—show him that we’re destined to be more than “housewives” (what century is he living in?). I’d even love to see one of them beat him at a push-up challenge—put him down mentally and physically. He deserves it. 

• Love 21

Janelle keeps saying greenhouses...plural. How many is she hoping to build? And is this possible in a residential area, as she plans on a commercial use for them?. Plus no water or electricity? How will that affect the view on the rest of the properties that they own...the one next door to her would be looking at glass instead of a mountain view. Who ever is selling those properties is not going to be happy about this I am thinking.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, eskimo said:

I do love Christine not even trying to hold back in her THs.  It seems like she's already 100% made up her mind this is not going to be her problem much longer.  

Christine: "What's that stupid word he used?  Stoic?  *rolls eyes* He wishes he were stoic".  😄

The only thing that would make it better would be if she just let it fly about Robyn as well.  But she knows that would screw Truly out of the meager crumbs of a relationship that she might still get to have with Sol and Ari.  

I think she IS saying crap about Sobbyn.  She is saying that he has a functional marriage (we know with who) and why would she want to be near that.  She's throwing us clues.  

8 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Thank God Christine came to her sense…wouldn’t be surprised if this incident is what sent her over the edge. He really did not seem to care. “You’re not social distancing”, he says, as he is signing papers for his teenage daughter’s surgery. Ass. 

it appears to be 2 huge factors.  One is this surgery, which is super shitty, but also his betrayal of her with the other wives of not moving to Utah, when he was on her side in private.  I wouldn't recover from that.  

• Love 23