Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers in the episode threads.  That means do not post anything that was not known at the time that the episode was filmed.  Anything learned later than the time of filming is not allowed.  Those items can be discussed in non-episode threads that are tagged "spoilers". 

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder: This is not a fat bashing site.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

When I first started watching 2 years ago, I thought Babs looked too old to have been Whit's mother, but apparently, she was 38, interesting. Maybe that's what happened: Babs never thought she'd have kids and over-indulged the miracle first baby? The weird way Whit acts with her parents- insulting them, making sex 'jokes', making faces and annoying noises-reminds me of a brat who's used to getting attention any and all ways.

Babs can do what she wants, obviously, but still dyeing her hair dark brown, botox and lip fillers at 75? Come on. She reminds me of the women on the Plexaderm commercials, who look only marginally less hideous 'after' (and I say this as a 72 year-old). 

That olive jumpsuit was abominable, but at least she has a tank under it.

Actually, she's not the first baby.  Hunter is the oldest; he's 41. I liked how Hunter was the voice of reason in this episode. That would be so weird to have The Frenchman show up on a family vacation. But seriously, what does Hunter do for a living? I thought he lived in New York, but he always seems to be in Greensboro.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Can you imagine if he *does* show up and we have to sit through episodes with a huge blur bobbing and weaving in all of his scenes?

What restrictions were in place at the time this was filmed, were they allowing entrance to international travellers at that time?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

How did she get lip injections without the initial swelling and soreness?  I did it one time and thought I was going to jump off the chair it hurt so much!

I did it once, too and omg the pain!!! It also didn't really work for me. My lips pretty much looked the same after a couple of weeks. Very disappointing.  I couldn't believe both Whit and Babs were taking the needle so well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, applewood said:

Hunter is the oldest; he's 41.

Huh. I did google him before posting, and found his DOB listed as 1985 in several sources (ones I had never heard of), but 😕

Edited by sempervivum
forgot this bit
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Babs can do what she wants, obviously, but still dyeing her hair dark brown, botox and lip fillers at 75? Come on. She reminds me of the women on the Plexaderm commercials, who look only marginally less hideous 'after' (and I say this as a 72 year-old). 

I agree. Unfortunately- that kind of work after a certain point just kind of accentuates age. I can’t help but think of the RH women who start getting that uncanny valley yet old look about them once they mess with their faces. And Twit getting big lips is just funny to me. Is it supposed to be a diversion from her super morbid obesity? I guess…

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
Grammar is hard
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well Buddy must have been much smaller in the beginning of the show. She states they are just friends, yet I sense she would marry him in a heartbeat! (the contract???) And didn't she say they had sex before and he fessed up he was DRUNK!? How were those logistics lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

She treated her brother like such an a** this episode. And Babs coddling her afterwards shows you exactly the dynamic that got Whitney to the 400lb narcissistic, entitled toddler stage. 

I also remember a few seasons back where Todd said Whitney's parents paid her to get good grades, etc.  

She's been so completely spoiled rotten all of her life that it's no wonder she's such an asshole as an adult.  

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I also remember a few seasons back where Todd said Whitney's parents paid her to get good grades, etc.  

She's been so completely spoiled rotten all of her life that it's no wonder she's such an asshole as an adult.  

That may be true but at some point it's all on Whitney.  She's not 20 something figuring out that the bigger world isn't like home. She's pushing 40. Her actions are all on her. Her asshole behavior is her responsibility. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Another thing I noticed, she never says thank you when her mom compliments how she looks. Like when she showed up in the hideous jumpsuit, instead of saying thank you when Babs said she looked so nice, she insults her. And when Buddy said she looked good for 5am in one of the last episodes, she replied by insulting him too ("can't say the same for you...").

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, xls said:

Betcha Fakeman dont show up😏

If he does, I'm wondering how he's disguised.  Draped with a sheet, like a ghost or klansman, with an iron mask over his head?

The French Man ---in the Iron Mask.image.png.2dbb28f32d15c42c482003e74e3183f9.png

Edited by auntjess
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Does any one else think the producers set up that fake disappointment for a cliffhanger?

I think that so very little has happened, they have to do things like this to fill up a season.
When you spend time on Heather transferring luggage from one car to the next, you're not exactly enthralling the audience.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, I'm still chuckling at her scenarios of what could go wrong, which included "I could not be into him."  

Yep, that's not likely to happen, except perhaps literally.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Now there's a puzzler.... what exactly could a guy do that would make her not be into him? 

Well being gay didn't bother her.  Ari, with other women, annoyed her, but I can't think she wouldn't have taken him back if he hadn't fled.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:
8 hours ago, sempervivum said:

So, I know Whit has dabbled in acting in the past, but did anyone think her crying in the airport (after the French Blur bugged out) seemed genuine? Is she really nuts? I worked with a couple of women who fixated on random impossible guys and acted out their versions of 'twu wuv' (one of them fell for the lay pastor at her church-who was married w/five kids-and stole his family photo, cut out the wife's face and put in her own!) and Whit kind of reminds me of them. Immature, not attractive to men, obnoxious personality, lives in her head. 

When I first started watching 2 years ago, I thought Babs looked too old to have been Whit's mother, but apparently, she was 38, interesting. Maybe that's what happened: Babs never thought she'd have kids and over-indulged the miracle first baby? The weird way Whit acts with her parents- insulting them, making sex 'jokes', making faces and annoying noises-reminds me of a brat who's used to getting attention any and all ways.

That olive jumpsuit was abominable, but at least she has a tank under it.

Expand  

Could you send her info over to TLC?

I want this woman to have her own show.  

When they cut out the wife's photo, you're in scary, true crime territory, seriously. If she gets a show, it would be on ID.

• Love 6
On 10/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, SevenCostanza said:

Ugh I just watched this on YouTube.  She's insufferable this episode.  The way she talks to her family is horrible.  I'm glad Hunter finally found his voice, it's always nice to hear a sane comment on this trainwreck.   When Twit was telling Jessica that Heather is going to be a surrogate for her shows how little she hears when other people talk to her.  Heather made it pretty clear she had a lot of concerns and didn't think she could do it, but that's not what Twit heard.    

Hunter CALLED HER OUT! It was awesome! 😂

Did you notice how she worded what she said to Jessica? “I’m going to HAVE Heather be tested to be a surrogate.” Sounds like she thinks she doesn’t need consent to use Heather’s uterus. Yikes.

If Tal thinks her plans to have Le Blur go on the vacation are crazy, you know she is is completely loony!

Edited by Mommygetz
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, readheaded said:

Is it just me, or does the Frenchman sound like Buddy doing a really, really bad fake Frenchish accent?

I would LOVE this!  I'd take back all (well, not ALL ALL) the nasty things I've said and thought about the show, if they'd give us this.
It would be like getting my dream Hoading/Hoarders show, where they county really does show up with front-loaders and dump trucks.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Of the increasingly annoying things happening on this year's 'MBFFL,' for me it is the escalating "juvenilizing" of Babs and Glenn by their dear daughter Whitney.  Whit has managed to reduce her mom & dad from professional, educated adults to 'All in the Family's" 'Edith & Archie Bunker."' Glenn & Babs, and even the until-now absent Hunter, have been turned into background 'comic relief.'  Alas, I don't think that the show's fans BUY this nonsense at all! 😠

I wish that Whitney could see how this whole thing is playing off re her relationships with her parental units and her bright brother.  It's not 'pretty' or amusing, and Whit is on her way to losing the respect and humor she originally shared with her family.  P.S.  Babs - your Botox/lip filler results were so well done.  (And the TRUE success of these procedures is when your loved one doesn't even notice the change!) 💋

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

P.S.  Babs - your Botox/lip filler results were so well done.  (And the TRUE success of these procedures is when your loved one doesn't even notice the change!) 💋

I think Babs is lovely, did not think she was 75! The best thing was when her hubby said she was beautiful and didn’t need anything done. Love them together. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

It's not hard. All you have to do is think of absolutely the most self-centered and immature thing a person could do under the circumstances, then double it. :)

"Supersize me!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

When I was in high school, I wrote a contract with my dad that for every cycle I got all “excellent” on my report card, he would pay me $50. We had 4 cycles a year so I thought I would do pretty well. We wrote it as a joke when I was starting but he honored it… when I got a “good” in gym class bringing my report card down from all “excellent” (weird grading system in my HS), he didn’t pay. Granted I did become a successful and independent adult so it’s not all bad getting paid for good grades. Granted I was also getting good grades before that contract. 

I still can’t understand why I’m watching this. It’s becoming uncomfortable to watch. I remember season 1, I actually enjoyed it when she was doing the BGDC. But now this is just not interesting but I also can’t look away because I need fo see how this ends. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SatelliteCall said:

Hunter is 4 years older than Whitney.

From what I find, he is younger.  
I see his dob as 2/14/85 several places, and a mention his her as his older sister.
Wikipedia gives her dob as  (born April 14, 1984).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Well Buddy must have been much smaller in the beginning of the show. She states they are just friends, yet I sense she would marry him in a heartbeat! (the contract???) And didn't she say they had sex before and he fessed up he was DRUNK!? How were those logistics lol

Technically, she said it, he denied it, she insisted for quite a while that he "admit it!!!" so he finally said sure but I was drunk.  (I'm going to need more proof than that, Whit 😄 ). She also lied about not wanting to date fat men, because she was thrilled when she thought Roy was in the bag.  What actually happened there?  Oh that's right - he denied being into her, she harangued him privately, in front of his colleagues and ON THE AIR to "admit it!!!"  Unlike the weak Buddy, Roy stood firm.  And later proved he was the one telling the truth when he announced that he was actually gay! 😃

I don't know why Hunter has been so quiet all these years - I love how he talks to her!

"Don't you dare talk to him!" "Ok deal 👍"

"Get out of my house!"  "See ya!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2021 at 2:32 AM, xls said:

Betcha Fakeman dont show up😏

He actually can't. Since a Presidential Proclamation made in March 2020 (and renewed by President Biden in January 2021), entry into the USA is blocked to anyone who, in the previous 14 days, has been in an EU country - except in very exceptional circumstances, none of which seem to apply here.

So this entire storyline is a complete fake, because there's never been any possibility that The Frenchman could join Whitney in Maine. I'm guessing she was kept in the dark about this - and she wouldn't have thought to research it herself because her mindset is that She Will Wish For It And It Will Happen. I'm guessing production has strung her along for the drama.

As others have said, she's worse this season than before. Apart from treating Ashley like shit over the app, Heather made it clear that she didn't think she'd be a suitable candidate for surrogacy, as she'd find it too difficult to give up a baby she'd carried for nine months. Yet Whitney is just assuming that Heather will do this, and is either oblivious to her friend's feelings, or (more likely) assumes she'll be able to steamroller over any legitimate concerns Heather has and get her own way.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 7

The Twit has no idea what it is like to carry a child. All the changes in your body, feeling the baby move around and kick. There is so much bonding going on during gestation, that baby is a part of you. I understand women that volunteer to be surrogates, they go in knowing it is not their baby...though sometimes it doesn't go quite as planned. But for the Twit to expect a friend that has already had children to just carry hers and then give it away is so unrealistic, bordering on delusional. And Heather said as much to her that she just couldn't but the Twit didn't/wouldn't hear it. If Heather lets the Twit bully her into this, I kind of hope Heather keeps the baby. 

Not going to happen any of it anyway so nothing to see here...producer driven drivel...as is 99.9% of the show....  

• Love 4

Every episode devolves into an even worse Soap Opera episode than before.

This show has morphed beyond its original premise into the same boring formula as morphed NCIS, L&O SVU and others.   It is no longer an interesting story about a case, or a potentially worthwhile endeavor one takes on like losing weight, Fat Girl Dance class or NoBS content/app building.  It is now solely based on the ongoing storylines of the major character and their immediate friends & family.

Brimming with groan inducing  hijinks and scripted dialogue which vaguely utilizes comedic devices in order to appear clever but completely misses the mark.  If they would just add some banjo music, it would be Hee-Haw 2.0.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She said the "logistics" were too difficult when both people are very fat.

Her being a hypocrite has something to do with it as well.  She likes her men trim and fit.  She has been ogling the French Man all season.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did she say why?

The only guy who would date her are either Chubby chasers or guys who are into fat fetish. She said in past episodes that wouldn't want to date those either but in reality those are the only guys that would find her attractive at her size.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What restrictions were in place at the time this was filmed, were they allowing entrance to international travellers at that time?

No, they weren't. 

My American niece was staying with her British grandfather last spring and she needed surgery in the US. She, as an American, was allowed to fly back to Boston without issue. He couldn't accompany her at that time. Instead, he had to go to the embassy and seek special emergency travel clearance. It took about a week. 

The only way Frenchman is coming to the US is if he got a similar emergency clearance (unlikely), if he quarantined for 2 weeks in a non-EU country first (a la 90 Day Amira), if he holds American citizenship (doubtful), or if the production company got him a special work permit (VERY difficult to get ATM). 

None of this was top secret news. It was freely available information and frequently discussed on the news at the time. I know TLC likes pretending that their show's exist within a vacuum, but I'm annoyed at how they're treating their audience this season. (And last season and the season before...)

All that aside, WHY would a guy who doesn't want to be filmed invite himself along on a work trip that's going to be filmed? Whitney goes on many non-televised trips throughout the year, why not pick one of those? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

From what I find, he is younger.  
I see his dob as 2/14/85 several places, and a mention his her as his older sister.
Wikipedia gives her dob as  (born April 14, 1984).

This is incorrect. Not sure how that got out there, but I'm from the area and have friends that went to the same high school as the Thores. Hunter was the class of 1998, Whitney 2002.

https://greensboro.com/greensboro-man-to-perform-off-broadway-hunter-thore-will-perform-with-robbie-benson-who-played/article_cf35e888-ecbc-5f5c-9f9e-b4dc1a035535.html here's an article from the local paper that lists him as 24 in 2004.

• Useful 6
13 minutes ago, SatelliteCall said:

This is incorrect. Not sure how that got out there, but I'm from the area and have friends that went to the same high school as the Thores. Hunter was the class of 1998, Whitney 2002.

https://greensboro.com/greensboro-man-to-perform-off-broadway-hunter-thore-will-perform-with-robbie-benson-who-played/article_cf35e888-ecbc-5f5c-9f9e-b4dc1a035535.html here's an article from the local paper that lists him as 24 in 2004.

In I Do It With The Lights On Whitney says Hunter is four years older than she is. 

• Useful 3

Just finished the episode (brutal, but I wanted to see the rejection). Whitney: “Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up! Oh wait, let me stop and sit down to listen to a voice note.” What the f were they all rushing for? To wait for Whitney inside the airport?? This show is so weird.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

The only guy who would date her are either Chubby chasers or guys who are into fat fetish. She said in past episodes that wouldn't want to date those either but in reality those are the only guys that would find her attractive at her size.

I don't know that someone has to actively be into chubby chasers or a fetishist to be interested in a fat person. Fat people are in healthy relationships all the time and not just because they were skinny when they met and then got fat. However, I think it's far more likely that those kind of relationships start as something other than a bar/internet pickup. They meet at work. They meet at church. They meet at an activity. They become friends. They discover they have a lot in common..... and it goes from there. This will never happen for Whitney for two reasons. First - she doesn't go anywhere she could meet someone - no job, no hobbies, no volunteer work etc. and second, and definitely the biggest reason - developing a romantic relationship from a friendship requires you to not be an asshole. There has to be something about you that someone wants to know and be around. She is a horrible person.  At this point I'm not sure chubby chasers or fat fetishists would want to put up with her either. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Mommygetz said:

Just finished the episode (brutal, but I wanted to see the rejection). Whitney: “Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up! Oh wait, let me stop and sit down to listen to a voice note.” What the f were they all rushing for? To wait for Whitney inside the airport?? This show is so weird.

Because I am sure she stopped to have a ciggy before boarding. She was absolutely horrible to Hunter, like she is some goddess, but she is nothing but a f*cking baby. She looked like she smelled when she was in her bed, greasy hair and all. It seemed to be she basically "outed" her brother which was disgusting. She invite Le Blur on the friends/family trip almost seemed she was rubbing into Heather's face like I got a man coming and you have no one. Sorry, not that I would ever be her friend, but if I was going on a trip with a group of long time friends and all of a sudden a stranger is dumped into the mix, I would be out, she never even asked if they would be ok with it. 

She is a selfish twat, and is it bad of me to enjoy the pain she was going through with the egg retrieval, she deserved that and a punch to the face

• Love 13
15 hours ago, auntjess said:

If he does, I'm wondering how he's disguised.  Draped with a sheet, like a ghost or klansman, with an iron mask over his head?

The French Man ---in the Iron Mask.image.png.2dbb28f32d15c42c482003e74e3183f9.png

He’s gonna need that to keep her overinflated lips off of him.  Hope he remembers to pack the iron chastity belt as well!

• LOL 8

This episode reminded me that I'm overdue for botox and restylane. And it SHOWS on my face. I did note, though, that the puffiness made it hard for her to make her stupid Joker face. She still did it, though--but she worked harder at it that than she ever did at the gym.

Did she say to Jessica that it'd been a year since she did the leg press? Surely she wasn't skipping the gym for a year because of hormone treatments? Can you not work out when you're getting hormones for egg retrieval? Or was it just that she was "so sick" that all she could manage was harassing someone on another continent from the convenience of her computer?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't know that someone has to actively be into chubby chasers or a fetishist to be interested in a fat person. Fat people are in healthy relationships all the time and not just because they were skinny when they met and then got fat. However, I think it's far more likely that those kind of relationships start as something other than a bar/internet pickup. They meet at work. They meet at church. They meet at an activity. They become friends. They discover they have a lot in common..... and it goes from there. This will never happen for Whitney for two reasons. First - she doesn't go anywhere she could meet someone - no job, no hobbies, no volunteer work etc. and second, and definitely the biggest reason - developing a romantic relationship from a friendship requires you to not be an asshole. There has to be something about you that someone wants to know and be around. She is a horrible person.  At this point I'm not sure chubby chasers or fat fetishists would want to put up with her either. 

A big part of the issue 1- her personality, normal people don't want to date a selfish jerk who steamrolls everyone and publishes it all online, and 2- she seems to only want to date "conventionally attractive" men to make herself feel superior/universally desired. Obviously the latter is subjective but she loves to brag how attractive Chase was (because he was not fat) and harps on how exciting the Frenchman is because he's international and thus exciting. It's a double whammy against her even before taking into account her size and lifestyle limitations.

And even when she crushed on local average guys like Buddy and Roy, her personality is unavoidable and you get the sense she would constantly belittle them because she still feels above them. It reminds me a lot of the relationships you see on My 600 lb Life where the guy is totally beaten down and basically a thankless caretaker. But since Whit is out there flaunting that dynamic through her tv show, non-fetish guys realize it right off the bat and avoid her before getting sucked into that fate.

• Love 4

I am confused about The Frenchman, he does not sound like he has an accent and I have yet to hear either one of them speak French.  

I am also confused as to why Whitney thinks they are dating let alone it is anything more than a phone based friendship and if they are dating does she think they are exclusive? 

Whitney is immature and tends to make more out of a relationship than it is, she puts a lot of energy in to mooning over a guy who lives in Paris, practically brow beating him in to saying he would be interested in meeting in person.  

Whitney squeezing the rotten banana and throwing it her mother was nauseating, what mature person does that and thinks it is funny? Why was it funny to Whitney?

My grown, married, decent, normal human son talked me in to watching this mess, I am rethinking my will.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

He actually can't. Since a Presidential Proclamation made in March 2020 (and renewed by President Biden in January 2021), entry into the USA is blocked to anyone who, in the previous 14 days, has been in an EU country - except in very exceptional circumstances, none of which seem to apply here.

From my vast knowledge earned from viewing multiple episodes of 90 Day Fiancee, I think you can work around this by going to a non-EU country for two weeks and then entering the U.S. but that is a lot to ask of The Blur.

Oh - I see that Mamadrama said it more clearly and succinctly:

The only way Frenchman is coming to the US is if he got a similar emergency clearance (unlikely), if he quarantined for 2 weeks in a non-EU country first (a la 90 Day Amira), if he holds American citizenship (doubtful), or if the production company got him a special work permit (VERY difficult to get ATM). 

Did she say to Jessica that it'd been a year since she did the leg press? Surely she wasn't skipping the gym for a year because of hormone treatments? Can you not work out when you're getting hormones for egg retrieval? Or was it just that she was "so sick" that all she could manage was harassing someone on another continent from the convenience of her computer?

I think she was out of the gym for a year for COVID. As to whether or not you can work out while taking hormones for egg retrieval - I think you probably "can" but I'm told (not just by watching Whitney) that the nausea can be pretty bad. A few months back, I started taking a new medication (not for egg retrieval - my egg totin' days are long behind me) and the doctor said that most people experience "some nausea." I was pretty sick for two weeks and I almost stopped taking the medication because it was awful. I figured it would be manageable but it's near constant and it is almost impossible to do anything when you are nauseated. Actually getting sick doesn't make you feel any better. Then you hit this very unpleasant space of being starving, but also nauseated. So if she felt anything like that, I could see skipping the workouts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1