Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers in the episode threads.  That means do not post anything that was not known at the time that the episode was filmed.  Anything learned later than the time of filming is not allowed.  Those items can be discussed in non-episode threads that are tagged "spoilers". 

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder: This is not a fat bashing site.  

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

From my vast knowledge earned from viewing multiple episodes of 90 Day Fiancee, I think you can work around this by going to a non-EU country for two weeks and then entering the U.S. but that is a lot to ask of The Blur.

Oh - I see that Mamadrama said it more clearly and succinctly:

I think she was out of the gym for a year for COVID. As to whether or not you can work out while taking hormones for egg retrieval - I think you probably "can" but I'm told (not just by watching Whitney) that the nausea can be pretty bad. A few months back, I started taking a new medication (not for egg retrieval - my egg totin' days are long behind me) and the doctor said that most people experience "some nausea." I was pretty sick for two weeks and I almost stopped taking the medication because it was awful. I figured it would be manageable but it's near constant and it is almost impossible to do anything when you are nauseated. Actually getting sick doesn't make you feel any better. Then you hit this very unpleasant space of being starving, but also nauseated. So if she felt anything like that, I could see skipping the workouts.

Dang, how long were the gyms closed in NC? I suspect in her case, any old excuse to skip the gym. (For me, I thought I was going to go nuts not being able to go to the gym. I had a full-on meltdown around the 3rd month....)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have yet to hear either one of them speak French.  

We certainly HAVE heard Whitney speak French! She said "croissant!" Oh wait, maybe that was at the bakery in Greensboro; nothing to do with her French suitor/tutor. Nevermind.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Dang, how long were the gyms closed in NC? I suspect in her case, any old excuse to skip the gym. (For me, I thought I was going to go nuts not being able to go to the gym. I had a full-on meltdown around the 3rd month....)

I don't know how long they were closed but to hear Whitney tell it, she was the most careful quarantiner in the history of quarantining. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Ours were closed nearly a year or at least had such restrictions on number of people that most couldn't afford to open. The only ones that survived were franchises (OrangeTheory, LifeTime etc). Independent ones couldn't survive the closings. My daughter was in NC at the time and I don't think it was quite as long for them but close. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am confused about The Frenchman, he does not sound like he has an accent and I have yet to hear either one of them speak French. 

I don’t think he is actually a French national. I’m not sure he even has a permanent residence in France. My guess is he some sort of contractor and maybe had temporary residency?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yes, I think Whitney clings on to this Le Blur entity traveling across the seas to spend time with both her and her family.  Perhaps he got held up by security at the airport trying to bring more macaroon mix or ENGLISH cat heat pad to their Maine rendezvous.

I’m also tired of her I’m “dating” skinny guys because of logistics.  Half this country is obese or overweight (both people) and somehow they are popping out kids left and right so I doubt they’re all doing IVF or adoption, she wants the audience to be impressed that this international hottie with the gorgeous face will travel a million miles to come and see her ridiculous self.

I wish Hunter was always this vocal and I’m still confused why we are supposed to think Whitney and Le Blur have a relationship?  A box of crap you can buy at Walmart doesn’t count.  

Even the barnacles seemed confused as to why Le Blur would be included on this trip.  Also were we to believe he would be sleeping in Whitney’s room in the trip?

Edited by Irate Panda
Many typos
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

she wants the audience to be impressed that this international hottie with the gorgeous face will travel a million miles to come and see her ridiculous self.

I’m wondering if it’s TLC deciding to blur his face because he ISN’T a hottie with a gorgeous face and he’s just reading the lines he’s been given, (that he doesn’t want to suffer the same fate as Chase) 

With all the “ohh la la’s” from Whitneys barnacles and Babs about how “gorgeous and handsome” he is….it’s a lot to live up to and they’ve set an incredibly high standard!

when the blur comes off I better see a young Antonio Banderas or someone of that caliber on the screen!  😂

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Also were we to believe he would be sleeping in Whitney’s room in the trip?

Yep. That's why Whitney told Glenn that where LeBlur sleeps is none of his business. Remember, as she gleefully told Tal and Heather, he's coming to have S_E_X with her! Stand back, everybody!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Even the barnacles seemed confused as to why Le Blur would be included on this trip.  Also were we to believe he would be sleeping in Whitney’s room in the trip?

Why is it Whitney's friends keep letting her believe her own hype, none of her fantasies of a boyfriend has been a reality, her interests in businesses she wants to pursue fade in to oblivion, now she is harvesting eggs to freeze and will forget about them like leftover meatloaf, (frozen eggs don't always defrost well and are not always viable), she needs a mental health professional.  Her steam rolling people in to doing what she wants is really unhealthy, does she ever get push back from her friends?  

Le Blur is less than excited to see her in person and be on camera so why wouldn't he just be honest with her, he has the comfort of being in France, not like she can do anything about his not continuing the phone calls, from what I have seen there has been no French language learning going on.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Yep. That's why Whitney told Glenn that where LeBlur sleeps is none of his business. Remember, as she gleefully told Tal and Heather, he's coming to have S_E_X with her! Stand back, everybody!

The only people who talk this much about the sex they are having (or going to have) aren't actually having any.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

but it has been a few months since she got waxed, LeBlur, be afraid, be very afraid 

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Tonight on My Big, Fat Fabulous Life Hunter Thore will be playing the part of the general audience.

Perfect commentary!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 9
On 10/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, all4mom2 said:

Why is it "French man" instead of Frenchman (like everyone else pronounces it)?  Is she so dumb that she thinks "Frenchman" is plural or something?

Bet Dadwee paid for those lip injections since Twit just horned in on what was apparently Babs' regularly scheduled Botox session.

Whitney always was pretty, with skillful makeup (she has little pig eyes which were well concealed--the pigness, not the eyes.  Plus you know how I feel about pigs; I wouldn't change their little eyes for all the tea in China--on pigs).  She had Babs' true Cupid's-bow lips, so unusual and I think so pretty, and she's gone right ahead and over-plumped them so she just looks stupid.  Babs seems to have restrained herself on the lip injections.  I'm interested to see what if anything the Botox does to Babs' face.

And do those lip injections last forever?  I remember somebody on TV who had hideous lip *implants* which couldn't be removed, and I wonder about injections.  Maybe they are just gradually absorbed?

I think Whitney's lips look awful.

• Love 1

And do those lip injections last forever?  I remember somebody on TV who had hideous lip *implants* which couldn't be removed, and I wonder about injections.  Maybe they are just gradually absorbed?

I think it depends on what kind you get but fillers do gradually get absorbed by the body and you have to have them redone to keep the same fullness. There is also something they can inject to dissolve the filler if you get too much or don't like the final look. 

I'm interested to see what if anything the Botox does to Babs' face.

I have deep hatchet marks exactly where Babs has them and the botox helped them from getting worse but only sort of minimally improved the appearance of what existed. Botox will "freeze" those muscles so you can't furrow your brow, so the wrinkles don't deepen but to smooth out the existing lines, you need laser treatments or filler. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I wish Hunter was always this vocal and I’m still confused why we are supposed to think Whitney and Le Blur have a relationship?  A box of crap you can buy at Walmart doesn’t count.  

Because he gave her that romantic croissant ring. To Whitney in her warped mind she thinks they are engaged.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The nude, or whatever she's trying to accomplish, color is equally bad.

The thing with plumping your lips more than just a little is that , once you have done that, you have to embrace the big goofy lip. Don't try to downplay the lips with a nude gloss or even a light pink shimmer. Those big, fat, fish lips need to be lined in a shade that compliments whatever bright or dark (but either way, bold) lipstick you use to fill them in. Putting nude lipstick on big, puffy lips looks like you are trying to cover up a mistake. If you're gonna do the big pouty lip thing, embrace it fully. Don't back down from it.

• Love 3
On 10/13/2021 at 8:20 PM, auntjess said:

I would LOVE this!  I'd take back all (well, not ALL ALL) the nasty things I've said and thought about the show, if they'd give us this.
It would be like getting my dream Hoading/Hoarders show, where they county really does show up with front-loaders and dump trucks.

The interior designer who lived in the Julian Price House in North Carolina didn’t get her things moved soon enough.  She had put some of her things out by the road to be loaded up, but she didn’t have sufficient transportation to move the stuff.  Some of it got loaded into a pickup truck and the city picked up part of it, IIRC.  This episode is season 9, episode 6.

• Love 4

Maybe I missed something down the line but I thought Hunter was gay anyhow-and I did like the fact that he told Twit off. She treats everyone like they are subservient to her and she runs the show and she is the boss. Ugh! Keep your tongue in your mouth please, be respectful to your parents, STOP talking about your vagina, and don't assume any of your "friends" will want to carry a child for you. And LeBlur is just a fantasy that will never come true. Grow up!

• Love 7
On 10/14/2021 at 2:56 AM, essexjan said:

He actually can't. Since a Presidential Proclamation made in March 2020 (and renewed by President Biden in January 2021), entry into the USA is blocked to anyone who, in the previous 14 days, has been in an EU country - except in very exceptional circumstances, none of which seem to apply here.

So this entire storyline is a complete fake, because there's never been any possibility that The Frenchman could join Whitney in Maine. I'm guessing she was kept in the dark about this - and she wouldn't have thought to research it herself because her mindset is that She Will Wish For It And It Will Happen. I'm guessing production has strung her along for the drama.

Thank you so much for doing the research on this topic.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Did she say to Jessica that it'd been a year since she did the leg press? Surely she wasn't skipping the gym for a year because of hormone treatments? Can you not work out when you're getting hormones for egg retrieval? 

Does it take a full year to ready one's body for egg retrieval and like you say, was it not possible to work out during that time  ?  I have no clue.

5 minutes ago, Mary said:

Does it take a full year to ready one's body for egg retrieval and like you say, was it not possible to work out during that time  ?  I have no clue.

No. It’s just a few weeks. 

Not a regular watcher, but I've seen the commercial enough times this week to predict how the (supposed) Frenchman calling from the airport scene will play out. We see her getting a call from him and he claims he's at the airport (they don't specify which one, maybe the "London airport" for my 90 Day peeps) and Whitney gets all teary eyed and croaks, "You're coming?" I think his response will be some BS excuse about not being allowed to travel to the US so he's still in France, the dog ate his passport, etc. Bottom line, he WON'T show up in Maine now or ever but the relationship charade will continue in her mind. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not a regular watcher, but I've seen the commercial enough times this week to predict how the (supposed) Frenchman calling from the airport scene will play out. We see her getting a call from him and he claims he's at the airport (they don't specify which one, maybe the "London airport" for my 90 Day peeps) and Whitney gets all teary eyed and croaks, "You're coming?" I think his response will be some BS excuse about not being allowed to travel to the US so he's still in France, the dog ate his passport, etc. Bottom line, he WON'T show up in Maine now or ever but the relationship charade will continue in her mind. 

My script is different (but I loved your secenario), he actually shows up in Maine and spends the week with Whitney's family and friends but the entire time, in every scene his face is blurred.  It all ends with Whitney throwing the croissant ring at him screaming, "You never loved me you liar!" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mary said:

Thank you so much for doing the research on this topic.  

I'm in the UK, and miss my friends in the States so much, so I've been keeping an eye on when the restrictions will be lifted.  The good news is that an announcement was made today that travel will be allowed to resume on 8 November for double-vaccinated travellers, and that the Astra-Zeneca vaccine (which I had) will also be accepted - it's not one that's licensed for use in the United States, but it's used widely in the rest of the world.

So, next year, all being well, I'll be able to visit my peeps in Ohio and New York.

• Love 9
On 10/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, alabetser said:

...2- she seems to only want to date "conventionally attractive" men to make herself feel superior/universally desired...

She basically told French Man that, well, if she can't ever post a picture of him or him with her on SM, then what's the point of the relationship???

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Let's put reality on hold for a minute and pretend that Le Blur DOES really love Whit. That TLC used an actor's voice to overdub his phone conversations. That they've made Frankenbites using other things Whit or Blur has said. Creative editing to ensure ultimate cringe. 

You'd have to be a pretty big narcissist and famewhore to sign up for additional seasons after that. 

*Whitney raises hand*

• Love 2
On 10/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, RedDelicious said:

Omg me too!

So if you see a woman, man and a fluffy super cute white dog, it's us. The dog is cute but stranger danger is real so he will have a red "Do Not Pet" vest on him. Say hi!

• Love 2
On 10/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, spacefly said:

So if you see a woman, man and a fluffy super cute white dog, it's us. The dog is cute but stranger danger is real so he will have a red "Do Not Pet" vest on him. Say hi!

So downtown BH was mayhem today!! Hope you had a great day! 🌲 

• Love 1

Why is it when she goes the gym, we see her do ONE thing, is winded and ready to eat or leave?  She did the leg press for how long......2 minutes for filming and was done?  All the while discussing all the workout videos they need to do before the app goes live???  Why don't they have a bunch already recorded now?  Oh forget it.  That just makes sense and nothing makes sense on this show.

As for Buddy I think he totally tapped out after last season when they had the fight, almost on camera until she took her top off so they would stop filming, and he came back and apologized to her!  And she did a TH after said fight she explained to us how wrong Buddy was.  You can tell he has finally grown a pair and is filling any contractual agreement and will be out.  I say good for him.  Run Buddy Run....

• Love 10

Finally got my lips refreshed and it made me think of this episode--what is the timeline? At the end of an injection session I usually have a tiny bit of swelling but you can see the ultimate shape my lips will have. Over the next 24 hours my lips swell up to the cartoonish duck lips you see on people who overdo the injections, then they come down and my lips look normal but a bit fuller. Here, we have Whitney "teaching" her mother how to eat Jell-O to avoid disturbing the filler, no swelling. Next thing you know her lips are enormous but we never saw any swelling? I assume there was a big gap between their filming the appointment and after the swelling went down. Also, my doc uses nerve blockers before lip fillers, and the extra pokes cause more swelling. It's possible she didn't get nerve blockers, though I doubt it--it's pretty painful.

Weird the things I think about while I wait to stop looking like a damn fish.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
On 10/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, Mary said:

Been there done that. Working out is fine. 

That said I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule, which I'm sure Whitney will have that one mysterious symptom that falls into that exception group. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2