Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Only discuss things shown in the episode or known prior to when the episode was filmed.  Do not bring in information from current media, social media, WWHL or other shows. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When I saw the host's dress, I wondered if she mentioned wearing sequins.  Otherwise I could not imagine choosing a sequin dress, especially with a slit to the crotch, for a Shabbat dinner.  I more and more think some of Luann's clothing choices, like Sonja's, are a reflection of having less money than previously.  Luann hasn't sharpied a purse yet, but she does seem to be wearing cabaret attire.  

This actually makes sense, the mention of wearing sequins. Because remember how Sonja said to Eboni she had thought Archie was a man and she had heard Archie would be wearing sequins and so she thought Archie was gay?

Edited by Glama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

If she goes to the Mikvah as part of her final acceptance into Judiasm, then I will take her seriously.

No, this is Leah..she has zero intention of becoming an Orthodox Jewish woman.

Instead, she'll have a "🎉🎉🎉Practice Mikvah Party🎉🎉🎉" at some spa so she can get naked in front of her friends, recite bits of prayer that she can remember, and walk into the jacuzzi.

Then she'll be on to another, equally hairbrained, story line.

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I thought so too but then the hostess was also wearing a silver sparkly dress so what do I know?   I used to think Lu had the best clothes but then I realized she just has the best body so almost anything looks good on her because she's sported some doozies, especially this year.  But I've yet to see a fashion mistake on Eboni.  The woman knows how to dress.  

LuAnn has always disappointed me with her wardrobe.  My take is that she is frugal and doesn't want to spend any money on clothes.   She probably doesn't have a lot of ready cash and there are many years ahead for her with no obvious source of income other than the show.  The show isn't guaranteed.    She's worn the same jean jacket and suede jacket on casual outings since the beginning of RHoNY.  She wears the same black top and black pants on other occasions.  Course she looks great because of her body.   I too suspect that she has a deal with Jovani for any occasion remotely called "formal."   The Black Shabbat  wasn't such an occasion but she thought oh well, I have nothing  else.   Those horrible faux fur throw on shrugs or jackets she owns in various colors reek of Jovani to me also.    

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I haven't noticed that Ramona has constantly been called a white supremacist.  

Because she hasn’t lol. Shoes are definitely fitting though. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Sonja upon entering Archie's house took the champagne and wine bottles from Archie without being asked and said I'll put these in the kitchen. As she was heading back to the kitchen Archie said something llke just leave them here and she motioned to the bar.  Smart move as I believe that Sonja would have stuffed them in her purse. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3

Gosh, what a chaotic, messy dinner. I was with Ramona on the whole Leah on the phone thing. It was stupid and annoying and she was right that they were all at a table, talking and it was distracting having Leah there with her "I can't hear, I can't see." It's one thing if everyone is on Zoom but one person makes it difficult for them to be part of the conversation. Ramona lost me on her whole freak-out and then going into the kitchen demanding food. There was so much cross talk too. And Sonja with her constant interjections. I would have screamed at her to shut up!

• Like 1
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I thought Sonja was gracious and actually very cordial to this guy. He wasn't her type and seemed very boring. Her matchmaker sucks. 

Agreed the matchmaker sucks. She clearly doesn't know Sonja's type. I mean he has a bad back and she is still very "active" if you know what I mean 😉 so that alone should have made him a bad match!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Agreed the matchmaker sucks. She clearly doesn't know Sonja's type. I mean he has a bad back and she is still very "active" if you know what I mean 😉 so that alone should have made him a bad match!

I’m sure Sonja would trade “active” to be able to get out of that townhouse and into a high rise lol. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Ramona is very colorful, quirky and friendly.  She will do well as a realtor.  People like that, like Fredrick.  Fredrick is also funny and friendly.

I want competence in my realtor, not colorful, quirky or friendly, which, btw, Ramona isn't.   She's a snob.  Realtors who are successful work extremely hard, are knowledgable about the market, taxes, zoning, financing, and more, put the client's best interest first, and do a lot of legwork behind the scenes, some of which will never pay off with a sale.  I have always thought whatever Ramona's success was in the wholesale clothing industry was at least partially the result of being in the right place at the right time.  She has never struck me as being all that bright, she has terrible people skills and is entirely unable (or unwilling) to read a room. Except for the client who prefers a brush with "celebrity" over a qualified professional, I can't imagine sellers or buyers pursuing her. Not to mention she has the attention span of a gnat.  

• Like 1
  • Love 21
12 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I mean who talks about a back operation  comparing it to a jelly donut being squeezed? On a first date no less!

People his age, that's who.

4 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I feel like if it was “lectures” about animal cruelty, no one would be saying enough is enough.

I sure would.  And I would have been bitching mightily about Leah being on the phone.

1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

I am very able to go through life and have conversations with friends and strangers alike and somehow NOT have the need to mention I am a Jew and that MY my people were and continue to be persecuted. I do not have to separate myself from the world by constantly and forever needing to say because I am the minority, I have to work twice as hard as a Catholic? Ridiculous thought, I know.  

Change Catholic to Protestant, and it might not be so ridiculous.  Unless you're trying to get on the U.S. Supreme Court.

• Love 4

Regarding Sonja’s date- I do not think it is normal/usual for people, old or young, to discuss medical issuethe first time they meet. Most older men and women know this. We aren’t clueless. :) That guy was a big dud. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

My thing is.. they’re supposed to be showcasing their lives. Unfortunately these “lectures” are part of a POC’s daily life and we’re in a time where realizations are finally being made by some. The things Eboni says may not reach some, but there are also some it does reach. 
I feel like if it was “lectures” about animal cruelty, no one would be saying enough is enough. 

I'm not watching for any Housewife to give me a weekly lecture on any particular topic close to their heart. 

Eboni's persistent attempts at educating her fellow cast members and the viewing public come off to me as being  more her brand and quite performative.  I watched RHoBH last night and Garcelle was very powerful and moving while explaining the difference between her experience as a black woman in comparison to the others.  It came about in a more organic fashion and very heartfelt. It did not feel like anyone was being lectured to either.  She came across as far more genuine and real life than anything I have seen or heard so far from Eboni.  

Edited by ichbin
unecessary extra word removed
  • Like 1
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Eboni's persistent attempts at educating her fellow cast members and the viewing public come off to me as being  more her brand and quite performative.  I watched RHoBH last night and Garcelle was very powerful and moving while explaining the difference between her experience as a black woman in comparison to the others.  It came about in a more organic fashion and very heartfelt. It did not feel like anyone was being lectured to either.  She came across as far more genuine and real life than anything I have seen or heard so far from Eboni.  

I personally don't feel that any member of these franchises who is a person of color owes any of us viewers a 'more correct/organic/moving' way to discuss what they experience as people of color. They speak about their experiences in whatever way feels right to them, and I'm good with that. It's not my place to dictate how someone shares their experiences of racism with me. The fact that they experience this at all is really the most important part of the convo, not whether or not they are spoon-feeding it to me in a way that I find more palatable and/or that doesn't offend my delicate white fragility. Of course everyone's MMV. I'm happy we have women of color on these shows who are willing to initiate that conversation at all, and keep chipping away at it despite being met with utter ignorance from these women.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

No rabbi asks you to convert...actually it's the opposite.

That's been my experience, too.

My rabbi says it's pro forma, in fact, to reject prospective converts the first three times they ask to convert.

If they ask a fourth time, then they're serious.

This may be some Sephartic thing, though.  Maybe it's different among the Ashkenazi.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Maximona said:

That's been my experience, too.

My rabbi says it's pro forma, in fact, to reject prospective converts the first three times they ask to convert.

If they ask a fourth time, then they're serious.

This may be some Sephartic thing, though.  Maybe it's different among the Ashkenazi.

The Rabbi that conducted my conversion made a point of saying that Judiasm is not in the business of actively recruiting converts like some Christian sects do. And if you do want to convert that is something you must decide for yourself and go through the process to do so.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, nosedive said:

I want competence in my realtor, not colorful, quirky or friendly, which, btw, Ramona isn't.   She's a snob.  Realtors who are successful work extremely hard, are knowledgable about the market, taxes, zoning, financing, and more, put the client's best interest first, and do a lot of legwork behind the scenes, some of which will never pay off with a sale.  I have always thought whatever Ramona's success was in the wholesale clothing industry was at least partially the result of being in the right place at the right time.  She has never struck me as being all that bright, she has terrible people skills and is entirely unable (or unwilling) to read a room. Except for the client who prefers a brush with "celebrity" over a qualified professional, I can't imagine sellers or buyers pursuing her. Not to mention she has the attention span of a gnat.  

Ramona came off as a nut job...OMG...what a narcissist. The whole tour consisted of what SHE liked about the apartment and what SHE would do with it. Her "quirky" personality is obnoxious and self absorbed. There is nothing professional about her at all. Has she even gotten her realtor's liscense yet? 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Fig, fellow Jew here. Listen, the thing is, Jews may have been the OG of oppressed people BUT - and this is a huge BUT -  we are essentially fair skinned and thus are considered white. When folks are engaged in racist and/or oppressive behaviors, the first thing they see of me or you is 'oh that's a white woman' and the first thing they see on someone like Eboni is 'she's black', and then every preconceived notion and racist/bigoted thought they have gets switched on. We don't have that reaction to us and as a result we have been able to 'pass' for eons through white society. Whereas Eboni cannot because her color is the first thing people see. I see it, and for people to say they don't 'see color' is just a way for white folks to act like they aren't racist. The first step in understanding what it's like for BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) in America is for US - white folks, and yes even Jewish white folks - to realize that it isn't about what you or I have had to go through, it's about what we have NOT had to go through. Example, security doesn't follow me around a department store when I'm browsing. But most black people have had that experience on a daily basis. It is something you don't know about because you haven't had to experience it. I used to say I wasn't racist because I don't think I am. But the last year of introspection has shown me that I have indeed played a part in these ugly machinations simply by remaining ignorant of what the black experience is truly like on a daily basis. So yes, I give Eboni a big pass on bringing this sort of thing up regularly. She has a huge platform right now where she can reach a lot of people with these messages and as a white person, it's my duty to listen. No matter how many times it is said or no matter if I want to hear it or not. Only when we are all open to listening, truly listening, will anything change in a meaningful way. And I give Eboni huge kudos in choosing to use her moment in the spotlight to try to affect positive social change around race issues. Good for her! It's a damn sight more important than the vapid ramblings of this current crop of RHoNY clowns.

ETA: Not for nothing but Ramona's insistence in trying to paint herself as an equal race victim in every convo about race make her the poster child for White Fragility. Her ignoring the rules around Covid last year by jetting to FL to party was bad enough. But this? It's time this show died already. Nothing to see but a bunch of entitled women parading their ignorance like it was a new Jovani frock.

Applause Applause!!!! YES to everything you said! I live in an upper middle class neighborhood outside of Washington, D.C. My neighbors are African American and have older kids. Wonderful family and great neighbors. I can only imagine how many talks they've had to have with their sons about how to comport themselves if they get pulled over by the police...talks I never had to have with my kids since they never were pulled over except for speeding...their kids could get pulled over being black. 

3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought I read she did have her license.

I don't know...maybe someone else on here knows.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

The Rabbi that conducted my conversion made a point of saying that Judiasm is not in the business of actively recruiting converts like some Christian sects do. And if you do want to convert that is something you must decide for yourself and go through the process to do so.

The whole topic always make me think of Archie Bunker (so the medium is the message here) saying, "The best thing about the Jews is: they don't want ya."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Applause Applause!!!! YES to everything you said! I live in an upper middle class neighborhood outside of Washington, D.C. My neighbors are African American and have older kids. Wonderful family and great neighbors. I can only imagine how many talks they've had to have with their sons about how to comport themselves if they get pulled over by the police...talks I never had to have with my kids since they never were pulled over except for speeding...their kids could get pulled over being black. 

I don't know...maybe someone else on here knows.

On RHWBH, Garcelle so eloquently brought this up when they were having the discussion again of "Do you see color?" She asked all of the ladies have you ever had to have that talk with your children about how to behave when pulled over by the police. It was heartbreaking to see how upsetting this was to her. I think the women finally got it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 19

Ugh Leah just had to be there via zoom. She ruins everything. I want her and Eboni to be done after this season.

I don’t care about Eboni finding her dad at all.

Sonja is just an annoying delusional drunk like usual.

Luann was alright  I think. Made me laugh when she started throwing snowballs.

I FF so much I got thru this episode in like 15 minutes lol.

• Love 10

As a Jewish person, I found the whole Black Shabbat offensive. It started before they even got to Archie's. The constant need to say Shabbat Shalom to each other a million times really bugged me. None of them were Jewish and to me it felt like a form of cultural appropriation. One thing would be to say Shabbat Shalom to Archie, but it felt like they were throwing the phrase around as like a fun "make believe" event.

I understand what Archie's organization does and why they would put this event together, but it felt more like a way for Leah to showcase her new found selective Judaism. If she hadn't been exposed to Covid, she would have taken more of the stage than she tried to do over the phone. It all felt so performative even from Eboni. If Ramona didn't go off the rails, maybe there would have been more conversation of Jewish-Black relations and then "Black Shabbat" would have made more sense. 

I won't even get into Ramona because more than not she's offensive without caring.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
On 8/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, Cosmocrush said:

Ramona's ultra rudeness started before they sat down to dinner with Leah.  Critiquing the table setting was awful - mocking the host's napkins (and yet ignoring the animal type cages and gym lockers all over the place) Then shoving food in her piehole, getting up from the table and demanding food?  What the hell Ramona?   I too have been a Ramona defender because I usually find her entertaining.  Not this episode.  Not even a little bit.  I don't know if I've changed or she has but I'm kind of over Ramona.  

Lu's sobriety finally paid off, although she might not have been completely sober choosing that outfit. 

Ramona was HORRIBLE at that dinner but now that I think about Ramona- she  has ALWAYS been horrible. She also showed, besides her BOORISH ways, why her "elitism" has always bugged me. She was not a Native New Yorker and she is a social climber. As a native New Yorker, the Upper East Side has Old Jewish Money as well. They would not find Ramona's antics of TRASH Behavior amusing. And she would not have assimilated in the money circles she craved. At worst they were snobs like you tried to be Ramona but I HIGHLY doubt it was because you wasn't Jewish Ramona.

I used to find some aspects of Ramona entertaining but that ship has sailed. Erica Jayne's antics have soured me on watching horribly behaved folks on a reality show get richer by being horrible. I stayed too long at the Freak show.

Leah is fake and a try hard but EVEN she was better behaved on the phone screen than Ramona. Sonja is just TIRED at this point but unlike Ramona she still cracks me up a bit- like when she headed to the kitchen and then proceeded to brag about the free food Eboni provided. 

Romona in the Kitchen made me wish someone would accidently run into her with a cast iron skillet. I did enjoy the editors snarky editing of her stuffing her face in the bus then yelling she needs to eat. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

I personally don't feel that any member of these franchises who is a person of color owes any of us viewers a 'more correct/organic/moving' way to discuss what they experience as people of color. They speak about their experiences in whatever way feels right to them, and I'm good with that. It's not my place to dictate how someone shares their experiences of racism with me. The fact that they experience this at all is really the most important part of the convo, not whether or not they are spoon-feeding it to me in a way that I find more palatable and/or that doesn't offend my delicate white fragility. Of course everyone's MMV. I'm happy we have women of color on these shows who are willing to initiate that conversation at all, and keep chipping away at it despite being met with utter ignorance from these women.

I haven’t heard one word on  Eboni’s personal experiences.  I had a friend at work that went through forced bussing in the late 1970’s.  When the bus would pull up to the school there would be grown men and women throwing rocks at the bus and tossing bananas in their path.   She got spit on and pushed and talked about how scary it was. 

I’ll never forget that story along with many others over the years.  All I hear is generalities from Eboni.  I haven’t heard anyone speak about “their experiences”.  That would be a whole lot more interesting than Eboni pointing her finger at everyone and repeating “white fragility “ over and over.    

• Love 7
On 8/11/2021 at 2:40 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Oh I LOVE this idea!  That would have helped.  🤣

You might be on to something.  I thought it was rather telling when Eboni uttered the words white supremacy the camera went to Ramona, who wasn't saying anything but clearly the camera was looking for a reaction shot. 

Eboni much Like Garcelle on Beverly Hills have had success in fields where they would MOST likely be the only Black person at many  times in the room. She would not be that "Fight the power"and get where she is. I think she is pursing a Black Excellence Brand and perhaps 2020 inspired her to be more in the face about Racial Injustices with this platform, George Floyd,in my opinion was the Emmett Til moment of our generation.  It inspired a lot of folks to think and want to talk about race. it also gave rise tor many to dismiss racism or dig down into their beliefs.

The producers know their cast, they know their triggers and Ramona is really terrible, who knows what trifling shit they have seen her do. But in the words of Heather B, " You can't blame editing they use what you give them."

• Love 11
On 8/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, kristen111 said:

Ramona is very colorful, quirky and friendly.  She will do well as a realtor.  People like that, like Fredrick.  Fredrick is also funny and friendly.

True story now.  My Cousin hardly called me as her husband retired and was home all the time.  I understood that.  She was busy with him.  He died suddenly of a stroke seven months ago.  I listened to her everyday even tho I have a husband and adult Son at home.  After awhile of hearing her whine about him everyday, my blood pressure rose.  I told her to please stop as I couldn’t listen anymore as I was busy with my family and to cut it down.  She still called everyday.  I was pulling my hair out from hearing the same story day after day.  It got on my nerves.  Some people don’t know when to stop.  Ramona has been listening to Ebony for weeks now about the same thing and has had it.   No one can take sides until it happens to them.  Ebony became a broken record.  If it was reverse, Ebony would get annoyed too.  No one can judge until they walk in others shoes.

I think this can be applied to racism. White folks have experienced the racism Eboni has faced but they don't mind taking a side on it. 

Just now, lamujerdecente said:

I think this can be applied to racism. White folks have NOT experienced the racism Eboni has faced but they don't mind taking a side on it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 90sfan said:

As a Jewish person, I found the whole Black Shabbat offensive. It started before they even got to Archie's. The constant need to say Shabbat Shalom to each other a million times really bugged me. None of them were Jewish and to me it felt like a form of cultural appropriation. One thing would be to say Shabbat Shalom to Archie, but it felt like they were throwing the phrase around as like a fun "make believe" event.

I understand what Archie's organization does and why they would put this event together, but it felt more like a way for Leah to showcase her new found selective Judaism. If she hadn't been exposed to Covid, she would have taken more of the stage than she tried to do over the phone. It all felt so performative even from Eboni. If Ramona didn't go off the rails, maybe there would have been more conversation of Jewish-Black relations and then "Black Shabbat" would have made more sense. 

I won't even get into Ramona because more than not she's offensive without caring.

I also felt this was a novelty type of event for these women. I know LuAnn has made some rather questionable remarks about Jews that bordered on being Antisemitic if not just outrightly so. They may have been made when she was a boozer…anyway, it did smack of insincerity on their part. And almost as if they all begrudgingly came and then decided to goof on it. By far, Ramona’s off the wall behavior was the worst and showed her to be the privileged, entitled self centered asshole that we’ve all seen too many times in recent seasons.

• Love 7
On 8/11/2021 at 2:36 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I was not even referring to that, I was just referring to her utter disrespect at a religious ritual. 

It’s almost hard to believe that this wasn’t scripted.  I think they’ve become so entitled with their “fame” and how they are catered to, limos picking them up, the best vacation resorts, etc.  They believe it’s all about them.  These kinds of shows find the big egos who have little to no empathy or awareness of other people. 

I remember going to a church when I was little with a friend’s family and being so nervous about doing something wrong.  Same when attending Temples for ceremonies, even as an adult.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Totally agree with you.  I too did my conversion about 45 years ago (in NYC).  I did both a reform and conservative ceremony so i also went to the mikvah.  I would be really surprised if she is doing an orthodox conversion and hasn’t made any changes yet.  I’ll also be surprised if she goes through with it at all.  Also it sounded like she has been        ”studying” for awhile.  I’d think she’d be doing Shabbat every week (I did for a reform conversion) and would know the prayer by now?

Don’t women typically convert because they are marrying someone already Jewish?  She’s single with a teen child.  No other family member is converting. She has no circle of Orthodox friends.  Who will she spend the holidays with?  Does she expect her child to convert?  Not celebrate Christmas?   None of it makes sense.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Don’t women typically convert because they are marrying someone already Jewish?

People convert for all sorts of reasons.  Judaism is a tremendously rich religion—no, I do not mean that it the $$$ sense.  As I recall, a lot of celebrities flirted with it 10 or so years back because of the Kaballah.

One of the more interesting aspects of Judaism to me has always been that it doesn't require you to believe in God; it merely requires you to practice God's teachings.  And, for the most part, you get to order meaning á la carte.  😊

7 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Not celebrate Christmas?

Most of the Jews I know outside Haredi communities celebrate Christmas.  Christmas, these days, is mostly a secular holiday, no?  Some of us even turn up to sing at Messiah concerts.  None of us sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, however.  😊

• Love 3
12 hours ago, 90sfan said:

Thank you for addressing the way they kept yelling Shabbat Shalom and laughing and carrying on like it was the latest "in" thing to say. I am not Jewish but I thought it was irreverent and disrespectful of what has a religious meaning.  The whole idea of a Black Shabbat was lost when Eboni decided to invite Ramona and Sonja. Maybe if there had been a few Jewish guests and no Sonja and Ramona there would have been some interesting conversation at the table. Everytime Archie tried to speak Sonja, Ramona and Leah interrupted and hijacked the conversation.

Bravo we can be entertained without watching  Ramona acting worse than a five year old and Sonja just getting drunk and obnoxious evertime there is free alcohol.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, gingerella said:

Fig, fellow Jew here. Listen, the thing is, Jews may have been the OG of oppressed people BUT - and this is a huge BUT -  we are essentially fair skinned and thus are considered white. When folks are engaged in racist and/or oppressive behaviors, the first thing they see of me or you is 'oh that's a white woman' and the first thing they see on someone like Eboni is 'she's black', and then every preconceived notion and racist/bigoted thought they have gets switched on. We don't have that reaction to us and as a result we have been able to 'pass' for eons through white society. Whereas Eboni cannot because her color is the first thing people see. I see it, and for people to say they don't 'see color' is just a way for white folks to act like they aren't racist. The first step in understanding what it's like for BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) in America is for US - white folks, and yes even Jewish white folks - to realize that it isn't about what you or I have had to go through, it's about what we have NOT had to go through. Example, security doesn't follow me around a department store when I'm browsing. But most black people have had that experience on a daily basis. It is something you don't know about because you haven't had to experience it. I used to say I wasn't racist because I don't think I am. But the last year of introspection has shown me that I have indeed played a part in these ugly machinations simply by remaining ignorant of what the black experience is truly like on a daily basis. So yes, I give Eboni a big pass on bringing this sort of thing up regularly. She has a huge platform right now where she can reach a lot of people with these messages and as a white person, it's my duty to listen. No matter how many times it is said or no matter if I want to hear it or not. Only when we are all open to listening, truly listening, will anything change in a meaningful way. And I give Eboni huge kudos in choosing to use her moment in the spotlight to try to affect positive social change around race issues. Good for her! It's a damn sight more important than the vapid ramblings of this current crop of RHoNY clowns.

Well said, and I stand in agreement. My point is simply that many are in the minority, whether it be by religion, race, ethnicity or socioeconomic class. Do we not all have some form of experience based on who we "are", not just by skin color or religion. Do I see that Eboni is black? Absolutely. Just as I see that Ramona is white. Or Lu is auburn haired. Do I care? No., I care about the person. I equally despise the very white Leah but not because she is Caucasian. For me, it is all about the spirit, the persona, the character and the heart. I dislike Eboni because she makes it all about her, yet chastises when Ramona makes it all about her. She is hypocritical.  She is  self centered and egotistical. For me, these are characteristics in any human being regardless of skin color. I am fairly confident that if EVERY situation I discussed that I was white, Jewish and from an upper class background, I wouldn't have too many people that would find me tolerable. 

Lu and Leah both have equal forums to discuss alcoholism and the unbelievable toll that takes on the individual and the system around them. For me, also quite an important topic. Pick and choose  your timing and event where you get more bang for the buck because eventually, one is no longer heard. 

Black Shabbat was offensive to me. It could have equally been called "Bitch Shabbat" or "Non-Jew Shabbat" or here's a novel idea.....Just SHABBAT. Why insert segregation between individuals by coloring your title of a religious tradition and purpose. In this instance, it had no value. Celebrate the dinner and the event as a unionized group. Share values, traditions, spirit of self. But do not make it your forum just as Ramona should not have made it her forum. 

For the record, I fully respect what people of any color have endured in this world and a ton of empathy and compassion for what they have had to manage in life. I wish for happy people and I wish for this world to bandage and heal itself.  

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Well said, and I stand in agreement. My point is simply that many are in the minority, whether it be by religion, race, ethnicity or socioeconomic class. Do we not all have some form of experience based on who we "are", not just by skin color or religion. Do I see that Eboni is black? Absolutely. Just as I see that Ramona is white. Or Lu is auburn haired. Do I care? No., I care about the person. I equally despise the very white Leah but not because she is Caucasian. For me, it is all about the spirit, the persona, the character and the heart. I dislike Eboni because she makes it all about her, yet chastises when Ramona makes it all about her. She is hypocritical.  She is  self centered and egotistical. For me, these are characteristics in any human being regardless of skin color. I am fairly confident that if EVERY situation I discussed that I was white, Jewish and from an upper class background, I wouldn't have too many people that would find me tolerable. 

Lu and Leah both have equal forums to discuss alcoholism and the unbelievable toll that takes on the individual and the system around them. For me, also quite an important topic. Pick and choose  your timing and event where you get more bang for the buck because eventually, one is no longer heard. 

Black Shabbat was offensive to me. It could have equally been called "Bitch Shabbat" or "Non-Jew Shabbat" or here's a novel idea.....Just SHABBAT. Why insert segregation between individuals by coloring your title of a religious tradition and purpose. In this instance, it had no value. Celebrate the dinner and the event as a unionized group. Share values, traditions, spirit of self. But do not make it your forum just as Ramona should not have made it her forum. 

For the record, I fully respect what people of any color have endured in this world and a ton of empathy and compassion for what they have had to manage in life. I wish for happy people and I wish for this world to bandage and heal itself.  

This X1000

• Love 1

Wasn’t Jacques Jewish? I was surprised to learn that Luanne never attended a Shabbat dinner or had Challah before. 

Leah’s conversion is as fake as Tamra’s born again storyline. 

Also , I think I understand why Eboni entire schtick  feels performative. 1. She doesn’t invite the only other black person on the cast but invites Ramona to “Black Shabbat” She blames Covid but when Leah bowed out, why didn’t she invite her? 

2. She was on Fox News on Bill O”Reilly’s show hating on Beyoncé who in my opinion is not performative when it comes to embodying Black Excellence. It felt very traitorous. She is just so fake. I fast forwarded through her dumb Maury storyline. I don’t care who the father is. Please go away. 

• Love 8
On 8/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, Thumper said:

Leah’s breasts in the low-cut pink outfit … I have been trying to come up with the word(s) to describe how they make me feel.  Finally it came to me — repulsed!!!  I just want to look away.

Yet I can't, argh....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It seemed to me that part of the focus of the work Archie does is both explaining Judaism to non-Jews and discussing intersectionality and oppression of different people.  There were several other black folks at the dinner.  Eboni was foolish saying it's a Black Shabbat because she's there and she's black.  If she had said that it would be attended by several black folks who are interested in the Jewish experience and that they had been discussing and sharing where the black and Jewish experiences intersect and diverge, the terminology would have been meaningful rather than confusing and, to some, divisive.

As to her not inviting Bershan, that is likely a producer decision.  None of these women make their own choices as to who they are inviting when things are filmed.  Frankly, Bershan seemed likable in her first episode when she was chatting with Ramona, although being supposedly a close friend of Ramona is suspect to me.  However, in Salem, she was drunk, insulted the other women, and was part of the scene that ended with Sonja breaking the glass in the fire equipment cabinet. While we've certainly seen the regulars get drunk and completely out of control, from Luann in a bush to Sonja's ongoing behavior to Leah's tiki torch throwing rampage, they are series regulars whereas Bershan is not. Based on that I can see the producers deciding not to include her in the Shabbat dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2021 at 1:39 AM, Cheezwiz said:

Wow. Ramona has been a rude clod before, but this episode really took the cake (or challah perhaps?). I don't think I've ever felt so much second-hand mortification watching her antics - she simply cannot be quiet and listen and learn. And her stomping around demanding food was appalling (thank you funny funny editors for that footage of her munching away on the  limo bus there). Why is it she is unable to hear about the struggles of marginalized groups of people without popping a gasket? She always behaves like it's a direct commentary about HER. She immediately goes into ears plugged "la la la la can't hear you!!!" mode. As someone who has never attended a Shabbat dinner, I was disappointed we didn't get to hear about the traditions and rituals involved - (I was curious about the adorable drawing that was covering the bread). I should have known better with this crew.

Yes, Leah was being her annoying narcissistic self  even while on a tiny cell phone screen, but for me Ramona's disgusting spoiled toddler behaviour far eclipsed her this go round.  Even as a TV viewer watching it second hand, I felt myself sliding down into my chair and hoping the earth would swallow me up. That poor hostess and those poor other guests.

I was totally with the gentleman who needed a second margarita.

100% agree with everything in this post. Ramona is just a disgusting person and needs to go the way of Kelly Dodd. I was so embarrassed by Ramona in this episode. She is the most rude and ignorant person and should be completely ashamed of herself but of course she wouldn’t even know why. Someone needs to sit her down, tape her mouth shut and explain why the BLM movement exists. She is the definition of “all lives matter”. She just doesn’t get it and never will and never wants to for that matter. Eboni is not ruining this show. It’s because she is on the show and is black and these ignorant woman can’t handle anything different and they are just acting terrible—that is ruining the show, it’s so cringe that it’s unwatchable now. 

• Love 11