Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Only discuss things shown in the episode or known prior to when the episode was filmed.  Do not bring in information from current media, social media, WWHL or other shows. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, dosodog said:

I do not remember what season or episode, but!  Luanne was wearing a floral Little House on the Prairie dress, with white boots that were "go go" like.

I swear, tonight, when she got on the bus, with the high slit, blue sequin dress? Those white boots she was wearing?  Looked very familiar....

She lacks footwear game. I say this as a LuAnne fan.

As much as I can’t stand Eboni, she brings it with the type of clothes I want to see on these shows.  Usually like her style and seems like most of her stuff is in the thousands of dollars.

‘if they keep her on the show maybe she could be demoted to “friend of” without a pulpit and just look beautiful and fashionable. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Erh3d said:

I have an incredibly hard time believing it. They also go to Long Island and mingle with wealthy crowds. I feel like you would need to intentionally avoid it. 

Knowing Jewish people does not equally being interested in and picking up things about it. These women routinely show ignorance of many things they should have been exposed to because they aren’t curious or interested in others. Not to mention according to Lu she had no issue marrying and having children with an anti-Semite.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah as her converting to Orthodoxy SHOULD NOT be back next year, jus' sayin'.

Well she probably would not be able to live up to her contract correct? I’m no expert but she would not be able to do any filming Saturday nights through Sunday at dusk right? 

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I wonder if the Shabbat was held in one of the mini storage sites? Google says Archie Gottesman is chief branding officer for her family's company. (Manhattan Mini Storage) That would explain the lockers and cages

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot the name
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

THE WORST EPISODE EVER !!!!!   I am OUT.   Leah grabbing the attention as usual, and she wasn’t even there.  Her and her dog have to leave.. take Ebony with you.  I’m team Ramona.  Sonya pretends to be intelligent and she’s not.  She’s an ass kisser and stupid.  This show turned to shit.

I stopped the show at Ramona's display of extreme narcissism and Leah's phone tantrum.  That shabbat dinner was a shit show of epic proportions and it was embarrassing.  These cast members, minus Eboni, are classless assholes who I don't want to know any longer.  I would like to see Eboni with a less gross cast to see how that shakes out.  I can't judge her with what she is up against.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Well she probably would not be able to live up to her contract correct? I’m no expert but she would not be able to do any filming Saturday nights through Sunday at dusk right? 

It's Friday at sundown through to Saturday at sundown.

I was curious about who Ramona was dating for which she starting preparing for Jewish conversion.  Anyone know more?

Edited by GussieK
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

Counterpoint: Practicing Orthodox Jewish Real Housewife Leah would be entertainment like we have never experienced.

By next year she will be learning a new religion as she is cray cray.  She came on this show thinking she was the next Bravo star and took over the show, or tried.  The first year she was crazy running around naked cursing.  This season she changed her persona and thought she was the voice of reason and leader of the pact.  Busted.

• Love 11

So many, many unanswered questions in this episode!

Why does the Shabbat house woman keep her ceramics in oversized hampster cages?

What does this mean:  Sonja:  "Eboni and me are both introverts."  (Hmmmm...  I kinda don't think many INFPs end up on reality TV.)

I find Leah's breasts in her talking heads really distracting.  Like they're Barbie Doll breasts.  I mean—the top is cut low enough so you should see nipples.  But there aren't any nipples.  Does Leah have nipples?

What "important work" is Eboni doing here, Leah?  Besides grooming herself for the next Jewish hedge fund manager?

Not a big Ramona fan, but I suspect as the daughter of eastern European immigrants growing up in whiter-than-snow Rhinebeck (I live 10 miles away from Rhinebeck, so I know), she's had experience with feeling marginalized. 

Also, Leah screeching, "It's not about white people—"  Huh!  I'm Jewish!  Didn't realize I wasn't white!  Not that I care much.  (I am Sephartic, so maybe I should have suspected....  😊)

And then there's Shabbat House Lady:  "I can go appologize for the Jews."  Are you kidding me?  😛😛😛😛😛😀😀😀😀😀😀Hilarious!

Added bonus points: 😊LUVVED😊  the smirks from the actual Black people at "Black Shabbat."  Who doesn't want to hear about Ramona's urinary habits?  I can't wait to find out how they respond next week to Sonja peeing in Shabbat House Lady's driveway!

All in all, one of the best episodes of RHONY in a very tired season.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GussieK said:

There is no way Luann would go to Delancey street and eat Jewish deli. These ladies rarely leave their east side bubble, and would consider that slumming.

Well then, they are missing out.  Soho, Chinatown, a little west all the tv and movie stars walk around like regular people.  Book stores, little shops .. love it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Thumper said:

Do you think Ramona was drunk?  I too was mortified by her behavior.  One should sit back and experience the evening.  I was looking forward to learning.

No, she was triggered by the host bringing up the desire for blacks and Jews to have a better relationship.  Guilty conscience is my guess, because she takes personally any mention of race, and in this case, even brought up how SHE has been oppressed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, izabella said:

No, she was triggered by the host bringing up the desire for blacks and Jews to have a better relationship.  Guilty conscience is my guess, because she takes personally any mention of race, and in this case, even brought up how SHE has been oppressed.

This could be, but it also seems like she could just be exhausted at the constant focus on race from Eboni and even if Eboni isnt going to “lecture,” the fact that she likely will would get very annoying.

wasnt Ramona more open to learning in the beginning?

I have  a very unhealthy friend who almost daily talks about her maladies.  In the beginning, it didn’t bother me and I was sympathetic to her plight.

‘I’m still sympathetic and I love her deeply, but now I sometimes get annoyed by the frequent talk about them.  

who knows, maybe the producers mainly  focus on eboni’s preaching about race and white supremacy.  Im sure there is a lot more to her.    But if she comes back on subsequent seasons, I will never know.

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

This could be, but it also seems like she could just be exhausted at the constant focus on race from Eboni and even if Eboni isnt going to “lecture,” the fact that she likely will would get very annoying.

She claimed that everyone had the same experience of hardship, that her experience with Jewish people in her college and the experience of European immigrants was the same as anti-Semitism and racism because a Jewish woman and a black woman brought up their group's past alliance and things they had in common historically. That's not just expressing exhaustion at a friend who likes one subject so much. I can't help but think she wouldn't find it half as exhausting to listen to a hostess at an UES dinner party talk about how people like her are the truly marginalized these days no matter how often she said it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

What’s the problem with Leah wanting to be positioned where she can see? Who wants to be on a FT and can’t see?!?!? Eboni should’ve turned the phone horizontal.

I was hoping someone would turn the phone face down. And mute it first. OK maybe not the muting part, as that would have been really entertaining to hear narcissist Leah freak out that she could no longer see, or more importantly be seen. 

I had to laugh at realtor Ramona carrying her purse around as she showed the apartment. She looked like she was a neighbour who just happened to stop by and decided to give her opinion. If Ramona ever does get her license, I would love to see her on MDLNY. She would be much more entertaining that former howive Kelly has been when she has appeared on the show. 

When Leah was sitting on her couch with the older man who was complaining that a private high school costs as much as college, I at first thought it was Leah's father. Then I realized it was Rob. He has really aged. But then I would imagine every year that he has spent with Leah has aged him two. Minimum. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Exactly.  Ramona wasn't drunk just dosen't want to hear about race because she  feels uncomfortable.  Only Ramona can answer why the mere mention of Race triggers her.   I am sure many of us can guess. 

I watch a British soap opera,  and one of the current storylines is about a young black man dealing with the cops pulling him over.....well sone people are up in arms why this has to be discussed on the show lol, a  soap opera that deals with every topic under the sun (suicide, drug addiction, affairs , grief over the loss of a child , homelessness,  bullying, etc.) But race should never be mentioned.  Everytime I see a comment like that  I'll think of Ramona wandering a strangers home looking for food.😆

As bad Ramona was Leah was awful as well but yeah Ramona was already not liking the idea of Leah on zoom, before the reached the house.

I'm a Mexican American that lives in northern Ohio and I know more about Jewish traditions and culture than these nitwits . Would it kill any of them to do a bit of research before they  go. I know reading a book is out of the question but damn, Google Shabbat  dinner. 

Eboni's male friend had me laughing so hard.  He took a drink of his margarita and raised his and smirked all at once as you hear Eboni say something to Ramona (white exclusion?).😆

Edited by Cozytea
  • Like 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

The Sabbath starts at sundown Friday thru sundown Saturday, no work as in making any money, driving, phones, computers, even cooking, nothing that makes "work."  Also, she is an idiot and I would like to not see her, her fashion sense or lack there of and her weird boob job back on my TV next season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Exactly.  Ramona wasn't drunk just dosen't want to hear about race because she  feels uncomfortable.  Only Ramona can answer why the mere mention of Race triggers her.   I am sure many of us can guess. 

I watch a British soap opera,  and one of the current storylines is about a young black man dealing with the cops pulling him over.....well sone people are up in arms why this has to be discussed on the show lol, a  soap opera that deals with every topic under the sun (suicide, drug addiction, affairs , grief over the loss of a child , homelessness,  bulling, etc.) But race should never be mentioned.  Everytime I see a comment like that  I'll think of Ramona wandering a strangers home looking for food.😆

As bad Ramona was Leah was awful as well but yeah Ramona was already not liking the idea of Leah on zoom, before the reached the house.

I'm a Mexican American that lives in northern Ohio and I know more about Jewish traditions and culture than these nitwits . Would it kill any of them to do a bit of research before they  go. I know reading a book is out of the question but damn, Google Shabbat . 

Eboni's male friend had me laughing so hard.  He took a drink of his margarita and raised his and smirked all at once as you hear Eboni say something to Ramona (white exclusion?).😆

I grew up in Harlem, went to Catholic School- at FIVE I knew about Jewish Traditions than those two. I think production is egging Eboni on BECAUSE they KNOW Ramoana has an issue with RACE. Many folks do. We wouldn't tell someone to stop talking about mental illness even if we haven't experienced it BUT ONCE again we LOVE to tell folks of color, Talking about race is alienating. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I was mortified when Ramona slapped the man who was showing the apartment with her. She has no impulse control even in a professional setting. 

I thought that odd dancing she did while the men were talking about damaging the floors was so odd but so on trend for Ramona.  She slaps her real estate friend for interrupting her and then gets awkwardly close to his face to talk to him, is there anything that is not odd with her?

I get the feeling that Ramona will do that jerky, awkward flirting with her male clients.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

As a Jew, I was truly offended by Ramona followed closely by Sonja (always offended by Leah). Absolutely unacceptable behavior. 

We have all experienced some sort of prejudice at one time or another but sometimes it is just someone being a dick and nothing to do with religion, Ramona did not think the people that slighted her in some way just didn't like her, (she is a pill) and not because she is not Jewish.

As a Jewish person it is easier to assume you are being discriminated against because of our religion, Ramona does not have much of an agrument.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

We have all experienced some sort of prejudice at one time or another but sometimes it is just someone being a dick and nothing to do with religion, Ramona did not think the people that slighted her in some way just didn't like her, (she is a pill) and not because she is not Jewish.

As a Jewish person it is easier to assume you are being discriminated against because of our religion, Ramona does not have much of an agrument.

I was not even referring to that, I was just referring to her utter disrespect at a religious ritual. 

• Like 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

You got all of that from Eboni but nothing from Sonja who was actually talking about sex AT the religious celebration? Interesting.

They all call each other bitches..

Wow, I honestly did not hear Sonja talking sex at the dinner. I need to rewatch the episode.

I guess you can call me old fashioned but I just don't like the calling women bitches constantly the way Eboni does.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was hoping someone would turn the phone face down. And mute it first. OK maybe not the muting part, as that would have been really entertaining to hear narcissist Leah freak out that she could no longer see, or more importantly be seen. 

Oh I LOVE this idea!  That would have helped.  🤣

45 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

I think production is egging Eboni on BECAUSE they KNOW Ramoana has an issue with RACE.

You might be on to something.  I thought it was rather telling when Eboni uttered the words white supremacy the camera went to Ramona, who wasn't saying anything but clearly the camera was looking for a reaction shot. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I had to laugh at realtor Ramona carrying her purse around as she showed the apartment. She looked like she was a neighbour who just happened to stop by and decided to give her opinion. If Ramona ever does get her license, I would love to see her on MDLNY. She would be much more entertaining that former howive Kelly has been when she has appeared on the show. 

When Leah was sitting on her couch with the older man who was complaining that a private high school costs as much as college, I at first thought it was Leah's father. Then I realized it was Rob. He has really aged. But then I would imagine every year that he has spent with Leah has aged him two. Minimum. 

How about not having the phone at dinner? So freaking tacky. And a religious dinner at that.

Eboni’s response to Leah should have been sorry we will miss you. Period.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 18

I can't help but think that maybe Ramona takes something like Adderall. Nobody in their right mind at that age acts like she did at the dinner. She was also very rude when showing (and supposedly learning) that property with Michael Lorber. Maybe she's very stressed out about whether she will be asked to return next season and felt like she has to amp it up to appear more contract renewal worthy!

I thought Sonja was very nice, conversational and mature with her dud of a date. Who fixed her up with that guy? She really tried to make the most of it. This is the Sonja I like. She has it in her to be a lovely, somewhat interesting lady. Again, another one that feels she has to act like a drunk asshole in order to keep her job. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

How about not having the phone at dinner? So freaking tacky. And a religious dinner at that.

Even some Orthodox rabbis approved the use of electronic devices for people to participate in Shabbat and Seder during COVID. 

• Useful 11
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Knowing Jewish people does not equally being interested in and picking up things about it. These women routinely show ignorance of many things they should have been exposed to because they aren’t curious or interested in others. Not to mention according to Lu she had no issue marrying and having children with an anti-Semite.

Yeah, I know you’re totally right with that. I have such a hard time comprehending someone being that way. 😞

• Love 4
15 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, absolutely.  Whenever Ebony mentions race,Ramona goes nuts.  It’s all enough already.  No one wants to be preached to at this age.  It’s not her place.

In today's era of Black Lives Matter and white folks - like me - trying to learn our place in all of this mess, and how we may have unknowingly contributed to it, I don't think it's anyone's place to be quiet about it, particularly a black woman who has lived it and now has a platform to educate others. Eboni has every right to discuss racial division, inequity, oppression, and any other related issues she wants to, AFAIC. The only people who have issues with it are Ramona (who wants everything to always be about her) and Luanne (who also wants everything to be about her). At Ramona's age, she ought to be able to attend a dinner party as a guest and act like a decent human being without making everything about her.  I think Sonja would have behaved and been a decent dinner guest had it not been for trying to shut up Ramona. But yeah, IMO Ramona does need to hear about race issues until she hears it.

As for Leah, they should have just said, 'its not working honey, let's re do this another time", and hung up.

Re: Sonja's date - yeah, there's not going to be a second date there, he was as disinterested as she was. I wondered if he threw out that 'I just sold my house in the South of France' line to see how she would react, golddigger test? He has to know who she is or he's been living under a rock. And did anyone else see the bit of spittle or food that came flying out of his mouth when he decided to toast with the bloody Marys? I laughed aloud at that. He's no prize, seems like he'd be a real downer and not a good match for her at all. Sadly, that little short guy with the restaurant, I can't remember if he was Italian or what, he was perfectly delightful for her.

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

She claimed that everyone had the same experience of hardship, that her experience with Jewish people in her college and the experience of European immigrants was the same as anti-Semitism and racism because a Jewish woman and a black woman brought up their group's past alliance and things they had in common historically. That's not just expressing exhaustion at a friend who likes one subject so much. I can't help but think she wouldn't find it half as exhausting to listen to a hostess at an UES dinner party talk about how people like her are the truly marginalized these days no matter how often she said it.

I totally missed that she said everyone’s experience of hardship are the same.  I Also apparently missed when they showed Sonja on a date.  I should really watch more closely but sometimes I just can’t!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Maybe she's very stressed out about whether she will be asked to return next season and felt like she has to amp it up to appear more contract renewal worthy!

My wife thinks she should be fired, and I agree. Her rude and ignorant act is played out and I don't need to see it anymore.

• Love 14

was hoping someone would turn the phone face down.

I burst out loud laughing!

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I was mortified when Ramona slapped the man who was showing the apartment with her. She has no impulse control even in a professional setting. 

Let’s get her and Brandi Granville in da cage!

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

THE WORST EPISODE EVER !!!!!   I am OUT.   Leah grabbing the attention as usual, and she wasn’t even there.  Her and her dog have to leave.. take Ebony with you.  I’m team Ramona.  Sonya pretends to be intelligent and she’s not.  She’s an ass kisser and stupid.  This show turned to shit.

10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Being a New Yorker for awhile, I’m sure LuAnn has eaten on Delancy Street and had Jewish fare.

Maybe she's had Zabar's or Carnegie Deli but certainly she has NEVER been to Delancy Street...please.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I wish Eboni and Leah had both agreed that the zoom call wasn't going to work. There is a reason almost everyone hates doing work/school on zoom, it sucks.

Leah did make me lagh when talking about Ramona's complaint that the Jewish people hated her in college,

"I'm  sure everyone hated you in college "😆

And of course Sonja's  "we are here to hear from the Jews and Blacks" (or whatever she said) and Eboni's friends reactions 😆.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Leah did make me lagh when talking about Ramona's complaint that the Jewish people hated her in college,

Totally forgot I wanted to note that too. It was the one time when Leah said the right thing.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Re: Sonja's date - yeah, there's not going to be a second date there, he was as disinterested as she was. I wondered if he threw out that 'I just sold my house in the South of France' line to see how she would react, golddigger test? 

Wouldn't a golddigger be more excited at the prospect of the man having the money from the sale, than the actual house?  Somebody like a ...... user or a freeloader would be more interested in the house.  Anyways, semantics I guess.  Maybe I'm just comparing two of the same type of thing.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

Wouldn't a golddigger be more excited at the prospect of the man having the money from the sale, then the actual house?  Somebody like a ...... user or a freeloader would be more interested in the house.  Anyways, semantics I guess.  Maybe I'm just comparing two of the same type of thing.

I thought Sonja was gracious and actually very cordial to this guy. He wasn't her type and seemed very boring. Her matchmaker sucks. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I wish Eboni and Leah had both agreed that the zoom call wasn't going to work. There is a reason almost everyone hates doing work/school on zoom, it sucks.

And of course Sonja's  "we are here to hear from the Jews and Blacks" (or whatever she said) and Eboni's friends reactions 😆.

I felt very bad for Eboni's friends. They were very uncomfortable and it was just another selfish and immature display from selfish, self absorbed Ramona. She should write the hostess and Eboni's friends an apology letter for her atrocious and disrespectful behavior.

4 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

As much as I can’t stand Eboni, she brings it with the type of clothes I want to see on these shows.  Usually like her style and seems like most of her stuff is in the thousands of dollars.

‘if they keep her on the show maybe she could be demoted to “friend of” without a pulpit and just look beautiful and fashionable. 

Luann looked ridiculous...did she think the Shabbat dinner was being held at a caberet or a nightclub? Good grief...her backwoods Connecticut background came through in spades with that get up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Maximona said:

I find Leah's breasts in her talking heads really distracting.  Like they're Barbie Doll breasts.  I mean—the top is cut low enough so you should see nipples.  But there aren't any nipples.  Does Leah have nipples?

Her extremely odd cleavage in the talking heads reminded me of something I couldn't quite recall and it was bugging me.

It finally came to me - look up the album cover for Marilyn Manson's "Mechanical Animals", and there you have it: proto-Leah boobs. Not posting the image as I don't want to subject others to it, but I think the similarity is uncanny.

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I at first thought it was Leah's father. Then I realized it was Rob. He has really aged. But then I would imagine every year that he has spent with Leah has aged him two.

Yeah, I didn't even recognize Rob at first - he did seem much older than when we first glimpsed him last season.

13 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Totally forgot I wanted to note that too. It was the one time when Leah said the right thing.

That made me laugh out loud too. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Is she really doing her conversion through an Orthodox Rabbi? I converted 40 years ago and it was done through a Conservative Rabbi...it is very hard to find an Orthodox Rabbi to do such a conversion...they generally do not want to do conversions. Frankly, I find her "conversion" to be a tad half hearted. What changes has she made to her life other than singing a prayer and reading transliterated passages from the Torah? If she is indeed going to be an Orthodox Jew then why is she wearing clothing in her interviews that reveal her breasts? Orthodox women cover their heads and dress modestly. Is she going to Shabbat services in an Orthodox temple? Women are separated from the men in an Orthodox temple. Is she keeping Kosher at home? That is required in an Orthodox home. I highly doubt that Leah would be able to maintain an Orthodox lifestyle and I daresay there would be little to no gestures of friendship offered to her from the women in an Orthodox congregation. She's a phony and honestly, I think she came up with this Jewish "conversion" thing as a storyline for this season. If she goes to the Mikvah as part of her final acceptance into Judiasm, then I will take her seriously. I went to the Mikvah, with my two year old son at the time, for the final ritual for conversion...an Orthodox woman ran the Mikvah and over saw the ceremony. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:
58 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Sadly, that little short guy with the restaurant, I can't remember if he was Italian or what, he was perfectly delightful for her.

Rocco?

Aww, I loved Rocco.  He seemed really into Sonja too.  Remember when SOnja had a dinner party and she used JP Morgan’s vintage napkins or something?  Rocco was genuinely interested in that.  He was pretty cool.  Sadly, I don’t think he’d look twice at the woman she’s become.

• Love 9

Leah’s breasts in the low-cut pink outfit … I have been trying to come up with the word(s) to describe how they make me feel.  Finally it came to me — repulsed!!!  I just want to look away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Orthodox women cover their heads

Only the married ones have to cover their hair, my question is what will Leah do about casual sex?  Will she be able to give that up along with traif?

If she actually maintains any part of Judaism I will be amazed.

Next season she might be exploring Zen Buddhism, Druidism and Mormonism, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6