Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Only discuss things shown in the episode or known prior to when the episode was filmed.  Do not bring in information from current media, social media, WWHL or other shows. 

• Start Topic

Sorry if this has already been addressed:  Having never attended a Shabbat or Seder, is tequila often served? I was a bit surprised that there were margaritas and shots being served. I was expecting wine perhaps, but not liquor. That's asking for trouble, especially with this group.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

There is no way Luann would go to Delancey street and eat Jewish deli. These ladies rarely leave their east side bubble, and would consider that slumming.

As one poster reminded me, Lu dated Jacques for a pretty long time. I can imagine his American Jewish friends suggesting they meet there. Lu would do anything to please her sex partner.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed:  Having never attended a Shabbat or Seder, is tequila often served? I was a bit surprised that there were margaritas and shots being served. I was expecting wine perhaps, but not liquor. That's asking for trouble, especially with this group.

Some orthodox or Hasidic people (men) drink shots for Shabbos.  It's a thing.  Probably whiskey, not tequila.

Edited by GussieK
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

As one poster reminded me, Lu dated Jacques for a pretty long time. I can imagine his American Jewish friends suggesting they meet there. Lu would do anything to please her sex partner.

I can't see Jacques's circle going there either--like Katz's deli?  I just can't see it.  This is hard to explain but it's my gut feeling from living here as a Jewish person my whole life.  These delis have become almost extinct in NYC now, where there used to be one every few blocks.  This kind of food is no longer as popular as it once was.  So you have the big tourist attractions like Katz's or Second Ave. Deli. 

I can see them frequenting St. Ambroeus, a snooty east side restaurant with an extension in Southampton. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Am I mistaken?  I already replied to another poster, but did Eboni bring up race or was it the host?  Also, the host said she was concerned about Jewish and Black relations.  How was that preaching to Ramona?

Eboni started this by referring to the event as Black Shabbat. I think this must have been originally set up as a way for Leah to exhibit her Hebrew skills for her story line. It didn’t have anything to do with being black. Eboni appropriated the event by calling it something it wasn’t. In addition the Housewives had to endure a long bus drive to get to this dinner that had been presented as another learning experience by the ever pompous, patronizing Eboni. I would have liked to learn more about the three black guests. Too bad that they either didn’t speak or that their participation was left on the cutting room floor.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Do you think Ramona was drunk?  I too was mortified by her behavior.  One should sit back and experience the evening.  I was looking forward to learning.

She must have been!  Maybe there were drinks on the bus because even for Ramona, she was over the top.  Certainly someone can't spend 25 years in the UES and not know how to behave at a dinner table in someone's home - starting with shoving food in her mouth the moment she sat down and then of course all the rest of the off the chart rudeness.    Seriously I can't remember another time (although their must be a few) she was so obnoxious. 

• Like 1
  • Love 22

Yikes. It’s like Ramona was holding in the terribleness and let it all out in this episode. While I agreed with her on the energy vampire Leah, she was out of line trying to monopolize the dinner party. I’ve become somewhat of a Ramona apologist for some reason but she was definitely over the top rude in this episode. Worse even was Sonja, getting little jabs in on Ramona and just generally being a shitty friend. Shes so desperate for attention. It was a bit jarring seeing her act so normal on her date. What happened to that Sonja?!

The best part was the reactions from Eboni’s friends. The silent looks spoke volumes. Archie was kind of annoying but I ended up feeling badly for her. I’m still not quite sure what Black Shabbat is and why there was only one Jewish person there. But yeah. It was a shit show. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Worst show ever!

I am getting tired of Ebony calling the women bitches.  As in, when she said to Leah "You can't leave me alone with those bitches athe Shah Bat".  I get it that the term is used, I even use it at times. But her use of it last night was catty and to use it while talking about a religious practice seemed especially nasty.

Loved the TH with Leah's boobs hanging out talking about becoming a conservative Jew.

You got all of that from Eboni but nothing from Sonja who was actually talking about sex AT the religious celebration? Interesting.

They all call each other bitches..

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

In other Housewife impressions, my wife pointed out the semi-brilliance of challah-ignorant Luann knowing (unless it was editing, of course) simply to shut straight up for the whole dinner and watch Ramona self-immolate.

And Sonja's lead-in of some of her best friends being Jewish was pretty unintentionally hilarious.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not sure if your “preached” comment is directed at Eboni or Ramona?

Ramona was out of line, IMO.  She was there to listen, experience, learn, and be respectful.

Ok this is a test. Circle the one word that does not belong with the rest:  Ramona, listen, learn, respectful (and someone else mentioned decorum.)

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Worst show ever!

I am getting tired of Ebony calling the women bitches.  As in, when she said to Leah "You can't leave me alone with those bitches athe Shah Bat".  I get it that the term is used, I even use it at times. But her use of it last night was catty and to use it while talking about a religious practice seemed especially nasty.

Loved the TH with Leah's boobs hanging out talking about becoming a conservative Jew.

Leah with the boobs and tattoos would never pass muster with any Orthodox rabbi, my husband's twins went Orthodox and one had tattoo's which she had removed so she would fit in a bit better, I doubt Leah would go that far.

So I am struggling with something, I feel like Eboni is objectifying the Jewish religion to fit her narrative, treating it like a novelty, am I wrong ?

What is Sam Hill is going on with those metal storage cubes, the odd round cut out in the dining room, the random neon clock...Archie certainly has some interesting taste.

• Love 15

So Leah is exposed to Covid. I’m thinking we’ll be spared her at the Shabbat dinner and they get her on the damn phone! And let her sing?  WTF? They should not have aired this season, its awful. 
Eboni can’t resist lecturing, she sucks.

Hate Leahs pink number with her weird boobs during her talking heads. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah with the boobs and tattoos would never pass muster with any Orthodox rabbi, my husband's twins went Orthodox and one had tattoo's which she had removed so she would fit in a bit better, I doubt Leah would go that far.

Is she converting to Orthodox?  I assumed it was just a conversion to standard - if not secular - Judaism.

What is Sam Hill is going on with those metal storage cubes, the odd round cut out in the dining room, the random neon clock...Archie certainly has some interesting taste.

You deserve a gold star for bringing up that decor.  It was definitely a thing.

So I am struggling with something, I feel like Eboni is objectifying the Jewish religion to fit her narrative, treating it like a novelty, am I wrong ?

I mean, I dunno.  While anything's possible, I think this is kind of an unkind interpretation of Eboni.  Maybe I'm defensive because I find all these complaints about her "preaching" and "lecturing" pretty unreasonable.  Honestly, I think your question applies a lot more to Leah.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 20

I watched again this morning for the second time.  That whole Shebat dinner was staged against Ramona.  It was Leah that caused the whole commotion by constantly telling them on a cell phone no less to move the phone closer, higher, she couldn’t see the candles, she couldn’t hear what they were saying, she was fading out, etc., etc.  They all were attacking Ramona every which way, and it was very obvious.  I would have gotten up and left too.  Ebony was attacking Ramona, so was dear Sonja, the phony pretend friend.  Leah should have stayed home and not called in, but we all know she HAS to have the floor at all times even when she is not there.  She is the Number one sneaky, backstabbing person in the whole group and should be fired.  Leah desparatly wants that apple at all costs as the end is near and she’s pulling out all the stops.  Ramona is a veteran and knows all the ropes.  

• Love 12

I agree with what you said.  Plus, I was wondering about those cages also.  If some things of value were in there, glass doors would have looked much better.  Glass doors with lights.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

I do not remember what season or episode, but!  Luanne was wearing a floral Little House on the Prairie dress, with white boots that were "go go" like.

I swear, tonight, when she got on the bus, with the high slit, blue sequin dress? Those white boots she was wearing?  Looked very familiar....

She lacks footwear game. I say this as a LuAnne fan.

Agree about shoe game but these particular booties were tan/nude and not white.  Still bad but not quite as bad as the little white boots. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Is she converting to Orthodox?  I assumed it was just a conversion to standard - if not secular - Judaism.

Leah said "Orthodox," at the start of the season, I for one was shocked, shocked I tell you!  Not sure why she chose to go whole hog, (tee hee), and run in to the arms of Orthodoxy, it is hella oppressive for women, wait till she finds out she has to go to a mikva, pre tear her toilet paper for the sabbath, un screw the light bulb in her fridge, all sorts of things, oh geeze she going to learn how to make chollent, that is a stew you can fix the cracks in your side walk with.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah said "Orthodox," at the start of the season, I for one was shocked, shocked I tell you!  Not sure why she chose to go whole hog, (tee hee), and run in to the arms of Orthodoxy, it is hella oppressive for women, wait till she finds out she has to go to a mikva, pre tear her toilet paper for the sabbath, un screw the light bulb in her fridge, all sorts of things, oh geeze she going to learn how to make chollent, that is a stew you can fix the cracks in your side walk with.

Agree so much, and I posted at the time that it was a violation that she was using her phone on Yom Kippur.  So it seemed ultra phony.  FWIW, though, I love cholent (that's how I've seen it spelled), but a little goes a long way.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, janiema said:

Eboni started this by referring to the event as Black Shabbat. I think this must have been originally set up as a way for Leah to exhibit her Hebrew skills for her story line. It didn’t have anything to do with being black. Eboni appropriated the event by calling it something it wasn’t. In addition the Housewives had to endure a long bus drive to get to this dinner that had been presented as another learning experience by the ever pompous, patronizing Eboni. I would have liked to learn more about the three black guests. Too bad that they either didn’t speak or that their participation was left on the cutting room floor.

So the answer to my question is that once at the gathering, it wasn't Eboni who brought up the topic that preceded Ramona's meltdown.  Ramona is the only one who is responsible for her behavior and what comes out of her mouth.  I have found Ramona entertaining throughout the years, but after last night, I don't care whether she stays or goes.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, GussieK said:

FWIW, though, I love cholent (that's how I've seen it spelled), but a little goes a long way.

I did give it the extra "l" didn't I.   I am not a stew lover, in addition I do not like chopped liver or brisket much to my late mother's chagrin. Oy.

Just now, JonnieUniteUs said:

If either Leah or Eboni are back next season (if there even is one), I’m OUT.

Leah as her converting to Orthodoxy SHOULD NOT be back next year, jus' sayin'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, ichbin said:

Still don't understand why this was being referred to as a Black Shabbat dinner.  Eboni insisting on making that necessary seems rather offensive. Why could this not have been simply an opportunity to learn something about the Jewish faith?  

Were any of the black guests Jewish?

• Love 2

I actually watched last night instead of watching it i

on DVR where I can fast forward through Leah and Eboni. I also thought Leah was in quarantine and just wouldn't be there. Instead she was on the phone still demanding attention. Of course. During the first commercial I channel surfed and got an old episode of Law and Order that I have seen a least 3 times before. I actually ended up watching more of the L&,O rerun. That pretty much says it all about this season of NY. Eboni was slightly less preachy, Leah was the same, awful, and Ramona was off the rails rude. ThIs show needs a major re-work, definitely without Leah or Eboni, or it is done. I sincerely hope the season is almost finished. Worst season ever.

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, GussieK said:

There is no way Luann would go to Delancey street and eat Jewish deli. These ladies rarely leave their east side bubble, and would consider that slumming.

Haha .. remember when LuAnn and I think Dorinda were in the cab going to the water tanks that Leah recommended?  They thought they were in a foreign country and were scared out of their minds.  Anything south of Delancey is everything.  The upper East side is boring.  Katz’s deli is filmed in many movies as you probably know.  The best.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah as her converting to Orthodoxy SHOULD NOT be back next year, jus' sayin'.

Counterpoint: Practicing Orthodox Jewish Real Housewife Leah would be entertainment like we have never experienced.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Agree about shoe game but these particular booties were tan/nude and not white.  Still bad but not quite as bad as the little white boots. 

Lu can b- - - me for criticizing Alex McCord’s “Herman Munster” LV shoes when she wears this s- - -.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I’ve been to a Seder and we had wine.  
‘I think the hosts would have made other drinks of choice before or after though but during the dinner we pretty much went “by the book” or however it should be termed. 
It was a very special evening❤️

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Were any of the black guests Jewish?

See, that's the thing that bugs me about the whole name and event, first we met Eboni's friends very briefly, learned they went to Israel together, Christians go to Israel too so was it a Jewish heritage tour or what?

Secondly, there were more white people than black people and there was plenty of room for Bershan at that table (and in keeping with Jewish tradition, there is always room for one more), we got none of the back story of Archie or Eboni's friends, if I were them I would have felt used as a divisive tool or as a novelty to further Eboni's story line.

Thirdly, Leah was not there but somehow made about herself and per usual something made her uncomfortable or triggered, she is a bore, an effing bore I tell ya!

Why does Ramona always storm off from the table and wind up in the kitchen and then tries to orchestrate the catering?

Also, if Bershan was such a good friend of Ramona I find it funny how she did not even mention her at that dinner or otherwise, out of sight out of mind, right?!

I wanted to see more of the food that was being served, I have made a note about the scallion cake that we saw, much better than a latke, potato latkes are not my favorite.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I’ve been to a Seder and we had wine.  
‘I think the hosts would have made other drinks of choice before or after though but during the dinner we pretty much went “by the book” or however it should be termed. 
It was a very special evening❤️

Wine is usually the mainstay of our shabbat or any holiday dinners but the eldacockers/rebbetzin do enjoy their schnapps, not peppermint crap, this means whiskey.  Traditionally shabbat dinners are opportunities to talk about the torah portion for that week and how it can apply to our modern world or what that portion means, etc...Archie tried but Ramona, well is Ramona.

• Useful 9
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

What's interesting to me is that it seems like people can have compassion for the plight of Jewish people and/or other groups, but when it comes to Black people there is all of a sudden a problem.  What lecturing did Eboni do?  The host started talking about Black and Jewish relations then Ramona started going off the rails.

THIS. I wish Leah TRASH Tush had made her conversion a thing. The hyprocrisy is REAL. Plus Religion is not a race. One can hide One's religion, you can't Hide your race. A professor I took a class with had the best response to this kind of tone deafness. "As A jewish woman, I assess my privelege in the room before I speak. "

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

If you doubted that Leah was a narcissist the fact that she stayed on the phone and didn't pretend to break up and buffer then hang up like a normal person is all the proof you need.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

NYC can be as much of an insulated bubble as any place if you so choose. I have no problem believing it. 

I have an incredibly hard time believing it. They also go to Long Island and mingle with wealthy crowds. I feel like you would need to intentionally avoid it. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Critiquing the table setting was awful - mocking the host's napkins (and yet ignoring the animal type cages and gym lockers all over the place) 

I was distracted by those weird wire cages and kinda hoped unfiltered Ramona would blurt out and ask about them.  

It was a cringe worthy affair for sure, but I guess that’s why it’s televised.  My own dinner parties would make for dullsville TV.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I watched again this morning for the second time.  That whole Shebat dinner was staged against Ramona.  It was Leah that caused the whole commotion by constantly telling them on a cell phone no less to move the phone closer, higher, she couldn’t see the candles, she couldn’t hear what they were saying, she was fading out, etc., etc.  They all were attacking Ramona every which way, and it was very obvious.  I would have gotten up and left too.  Ebony was attacking Ramona, so was dear Sonja, the phony pretend friend.  Leah should have stayed home and not called in, but we all know she HAS to have the floor at all times even when she is not there.  She is the Number one sneaky, backstabbing person in the whole group and should be fired.  Leah desparatly wants that apple at all costs as the end is near and she’s pulling out all the stops.  Ramona is a veteran and knows all the ropes.  

Talking about Ramona telling Eboni to shut up about her being messy or whatever would be one thing, but the main thing Ramona seemed to take as an attack was, once again, somebody bringing up the fact that racism and bigotry exists.  She seems to becoming more and more self-righteous about her white grievances. It's not just that she doesn't like being lectured to like it's about boredom. She really seems to resent the topic.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, ichbin said:

Jelly Doughnut Spine

Dead! 😆 

Forget about the animal cages; didn't anyone else notice the giant pink stain on Leah's rug?! Is that from her free bleeding (sorry, I had to) Or red wine accident? Or proof that Leah is a bloodsucking attention Ho?

I really liked Archie! She seems quirky and fun and I really would've liked to hear what she had prepared. I checked out her jewbelong site, and it's cool and interesting.

I spent a lot of time this ep shouting SHUT UP Leah/Ramona/Sonja at the tv. Those three shouldn't be allowed out in public.

The apartment Ramona and whatshisname were showing was incredible! If I only had a spare 17.9 mill laying around.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

but the main thing Ramona seemed to take as an attack was, once again, somebody bringing up the fact that racism and bigotry exists.  She seems to becoming more and more self-righteous about her white grievances. It's not just that she doesn't like being lectured to like it's about boredom. She really seems to resent the topic.

Absolutely, and she's symbolic.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Thumper said:

Do you think Ramona was drunk?  I too was mortified by her behavior.  One should sit back and experience the evening.  I was looking forward to learning.

Me too!  I wanted to see the rituals (probably the wrong word?).  We should have known better.

Ramona then demanding to be fed, and going to the kitchen to find food, when they weren't done yet was peak Ramona.  She's the worst.  I am as bored of listening to Eboni preach as the next watcher, but I don't understand why Ramona has to take it personally.  Just listen.  You don't have to agree.  Her reaction is more exhausting than Eboni's behavior.

Loved the editors cutting back to Ramona eating on the drive over when she was complaining about not having eaten all day etc.  Production bringing the shade is my favorite thing.

• Like 1
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:
12 hours ago, Thumper said:

I was looking forward to learning.

Me too!  I wanted to see the rituals (probably the wrong word?).  We should have known better.

I too was curious to learn about this and especially about why this was called Black Shabbat and about relations between blacks and Jews.  I think there is a population of Black Israelis or Black Jews and I remember 100 years ago Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown made some sort of pilgrimage there.  So I thought Black Judaism would tie in somehow, but it didn’t seem like anyone at the table was Jewish except for Archie.  Anyway yes, we should have known we would learn nothing.

• Love 8