Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Only discuss things shown in the episode or known prior to when the episode was filmed.  Do not bring in information from current media, social media, WWHL or other shows. 

• Start Topic

Leah practices Hebrew and studies for her conversion while Ramona’s foray into real estate continues with a high end showing. Eboni meets with a genetic investigator and Sonja tries her hand with, “Mr. Right.” The ladies venture to New Jersey for Eboni’s Black Shabbat dinner, which gets off to a bumpy start.

Original air date 2021.08.10

That Shab Bat dinner was a joke. Not only was Ramona being a narcissist but she was rude too, demanding food, screaming about having to pee and generally being tone deaf about everything. But Sonja ruined it too by being drunk and mouthing off. And I usually like Ramona and Sonja but they disappointed me tonight. Leah  yelling at everyone and bitching that she couldn’t see what was going on was annoying too. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 1
  • Love 22

Do you think Ramona was drunk?  I too was mortified by her behavior.  One should sit back and experience the evening.  I was looking forward to learning.

Of course, Leah had to insert herself in a dumb way too.  Being on Zoom, she was “there” to do the prayer, and a lovely job she did of it.  But she was too much about herself early on and I wanted her to be quiet and wait her turn.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Love 16

I don’t know why Eboni called that get together a Black Shabbat. If you count Leah’s virtual appearance, there were more white people in attendance than black people. The three non-Eboni black people plus Luann had the best manners.

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

That Shab Bat dinner was a joke. Not only was Ramona being a narcissist but she was rude too, demanding food, screaming about having to pee and generally being tone deaf about everything. But Sonja ruined it too by being drunk and mouthing off. And I usually like Ramona and Sonja but they disappointed me tonight. Leah  yelling at everyone and bitching that she couldn’t see what was going on was annoying too. 

Yes, Ramona was rude, but I think it was because she couldn’t take Leah disrupting everything at the table.  Leah kept screwing around with the cell phone and taking up time and holding up the prayer.  She shouldn’t have done the prayer.  They kept fiddling with the camera at the table via Leah’s instructions, as she was selfishly holding up the prayer and dinner.  So, Ramona got up and went out of the room.  I didn’t get the whole dinner thing either.  Besides, next year Leah will become a Buddhist or whatever strikes her fancy.  I hate how she took over the show, her and her family, and hope she’s not asked to come back.  Leah and Ebony ruined the show.  Ugh, Ebony calling everyone baby.  Her and Leah are unlikeable.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, janiema said:

I think Eboni’s attempt to turn the evening into a racial lecture rather than a religious tradition was what got Ramona wound up initially. And she was right about that. From there things went downhill.

Yes, absolutely.  Whenever Ebony mentions race,Ramona goes nuts.  It’s all enough already.  No one wants to be preached to at this age.  It’s not her place.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

The way Ramona was hopping up and down during the apartment showing, I was more concerned she was going to leave skid marks, not scuff marks. 

Well, either of those would be better than what she usually leaves on the floor…..

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Well, either of those would be better than what she usually leaves on the floor…..

I thought she has vertigo?  You can’t jump around like that with vertigo as you will tip over.  I also think she needs hearing aids.

• Love 5

These women are reprehensible. When Leah said in her TH “It’s not about YOU, Ramona!”, I think the editors cut Leah off before she could add “It’s about MEEEEE!!!!”.  Ramona and Sonja were their obnoxious selves, but Eboni gave as good as they did. And Leah acted like her immature, emotionally stunted self.  Everyone was supposed to stall the Shabbat ceremony so they could take turns holding the phone to show her big baby ass what was going on, and to be the center of attention.  She’s like the bratty child someone brings to a cocktail party because they couldn’t get a sitter, then the brat runs around the room trying to get everyone listen to her tell a joke/sing a song/ do her solo tap dance from last year’s recital.  

I feel so bad for the hostess and the other 3 guests.  I’m sure that poor beleaguered woman Archie thought agreeing to be on this sinking ship shit show would be a way to promote her foundation. Nope.  This RHONY coven will not tolerate one moment of camera time not focused on any one of their shrewish outbursts.  And I for one liked Archie’s oversized napkins.  Conventional cloth napkins aren’t wide enough to cover most laps.  I would appreciate my entire dress or pants being protected!

Ramona and Luann have traveled, have lived in NYC and the Hamptons for decades.  I can’t believe they haven’t tangentially absorbed some inklings of Jewish culture. How could they be so ignorant of the difference between “Shabbat” and “Seder”?  

• Love 24
47 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, absolutely.  Whenever Ebony mentions race,Ramona goes nuts.  It’s all enough already.  No one wants to be preached to at this age.  It’s not her place.

Not sure if your “preached” comment is directed at Eboni or Ramona?

Ramona was out of line, IMO.  She was there to listen, experience, learn, and be respectful.

• Like 1
  • Love 21

I do not remember what season or episode, but!  Luanne was wearing a floral Little House on the Prairie dress, with white boots that were "go go" like.

I swear, tonight, when she got on the bus, with the high slit, blue sequin dress? Those white boots she was wearing?  Looked very familiar....

She lacks footwear game. I say this as a LuAnne fan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

I skipped the last couple of episodes but I did watch WWHL last week when Andy insinuated that Ramona was going to behave badly at the dinner so I decided it might be worth watching again tonight.  Ramona came in HOT tonight...which was great!  This is the type of behavior that has kept me coming back season after season.  Wealthy, narcissistic, delusional women behaving badly.  

As much as everyone points the finger at Ramona for making everything about herself, the same could be said for most of this bunch. The only ones who kept pretty much quiet were Luann and Eboni's friends.  Leah wasn't even there and still managed to try and make herself the center of attention.

Still don't understand why this was being referred to as a Black Shabbat dinner.  Eboni insisting on making that necessary seems rather offensive. Why could this not have been simply an opportunity to learn something about the Jewish faith?  

Why was Eboni calling Ramona messy when Ramona was essentially telling Leah to quit micro-managing because Eboni obviously had more experience in doing what needed to be done than Leah?  

Sonja wanting to keep Ramona and Luann from Jelly Doughnut Spine as though either of them would have been interested in him. Hell, she didn't seem to be interested in him herself.  Sonja....the introvert...picture me doing a spit take there.

Does anyone believe that Sonja, Ramona and Luann are as ignorant of some very basic aspects of Jewish faith/culture as they made it seem?  They live in New York City, not some homogenized podunk enclave. 

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 22
7 minutes ago, ichbin said:

They live in New York City, not some homogenized podunk enclave. 

NYC can be as much of an insulated bubble as any place if you so choose. I have no problem believing it. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

NYC can be as much of an insulated bubble as any place if you so choose. I have no problem believing it. 

I grew up in the tri-state area.  I went to Catholic schools from K-12 which is where my friend groups came from.  Furthermore, I lived in a predominately Italian area.  Somehow though I've known the difference between a Shabbat dinner and a Seder dinner for as far back as I can remember. 

The Upper East Side has a sizable Jewish population.  I do have a problem believing they are as ignorant as they pretend.  

Getting back to the show....although Ramona was wrong for bringing negative attention to the table setting I have to say if I were handed napkins like that I would think I was being asked to wash the dishes because they looked and were the size of a dish cloth!

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, ichbin said:

The Upper East Side has a sizable Jewish population.  I do have a problem believing they are as ignorant as they pretend.  

I have lived in NYC and find it quite plausible because they are all self involved asshats. They know very little about anything or anyone. They obviously know/have relationships with Jewish people (Jill and Jacques to name two on the show), doesn’t mean they aren’t ignorant assholes because they don’t care to know, listen or learn. It’s extremely common. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I do not remember what season or episode, but!  Luanne was wearing a floral Little House on the Prairie dress, with white boots that were "go go" like.

I swear, tonight, when she got on the bus, with the high slit, blue sequin dress? Those white boots she was wearing?  Looked very familiar....

She lacks footwear game. I say this as a LuAnne fan.

She’s wearing a black dress with white platform shoes in one of her intros.

That blue sequin dress was frumpy with the boxy, drapey sleeve.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I grew up in the tri-state area.  I went to Catholic schools from K-12 which is where my friend groups came from.  Furthermore, I lived in a predominately Italian area.  Somehow though I've known the difference between a Shabbat dinner and a Seder dinner for as far back as I can remember. 

Getting back to the show....although Ramona was wrong for bringing negative attention to the table setting I have to say if I were handed napkins like that I would think I was being asked to wash the dishes because they looked and were the size of a dish cloth!

I grew up same as you.  Italian/ Jewish neighbors.  The whole block got along famiously.  Tonight I heard for the first time Ramona is from Yukranian descent.  Both were similar when it came to foods.  The napkins .. if I remember, Sonja had the same Morgan napkins that were passed down to her.  I think they are great.  Why is everyone surprised when it comes to Ramona and Sonja?  They behave the same way wherever they go.  Always a ruckus.  By now, Bravo should know that.  That’s their trademark.  Trouble. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

My mind boggles at the level of disrespect Ramona and Sonja displayed at the Shabbat dinner.  It was a religious ceremony and there should have been a bit of decorum.  Unbelievable!

Leah started it with that damn phone.  Always the instigator.  Always stirring the pot.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Screw off, Sonja. Chelsea was so much more fun and enjoyable years ago. 

How has Luann apparently never seen nor heard of challah bread??

Being a New Yorker for awhile, I’m sure LuAnn has eaten on Delancy Street and had Jewish fare.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Being a New Yorker for awhile, I’m sure LuAnn has eaten on Delancy Street and had Jewish fare.

There is no way Luann would go to Delancey street and eat Jewish deli. These ladies rarely leave their east side bubble, and would consider that slumming.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, janiema said:

I think Eboni’s attempt to turn the evening into a racial lecture rather than a religious tradition was what got Ramona wound up initially. And she was right about that. From there things went downhill.

How was it Eboni attempting when she was responding to Archie who clearly broached the topic?

• Love 17
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, Ramona was rude, but I think it was because she couldn’t take Leah disrupting everything at the table.  Leah kept screwing around with the cell phone and taking up time and holding up the prayer.  She shouldn’t have done the prayer.  They kept fiddling with the camera at the table via Leah’s instructions, as she was selfishly holding up the prayer and dinner.  So, Ramona got up and went out of the room.  I didn’t get the whole dinner thing either.  Besides, next year Leah will become a Buddhist or whatever strikes her fancy.  I hate how she took over the show, her and her family, and hope she’s not asked to come back.  Leah and Ebony ruined the show.  Ugh, Ebony calling everyone baby.  Her and Leah are unlikeable.

Ramona had an issue about Leah being on Zoom before Leah even got on FT. Ramona was the issue with this episode with Sonja coming in next.

What’s the problem with Leah wanting to be positioned where she can see? Who wants to be on a FT and can’t see?!?!? Eboni should’ve turned the phone horizontal.

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 3