Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/2/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Rightside said:

Was glad Joy was back in the studio, even though it is the same format she looked good! 

Sara is still reading from the teleprompter but maybe with Joy there could be more of a conversation.

I hope they are back in the studio for next season, but since Meghan will be gone I'll be just happy about that for now.

I wonder if they'll parse it out and have them come back one at a time.  Draw out the suspense but avert the shock mostly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Sunny's makeup always looks bad to me and she was orange as well.  Sara and Sunny would look so much better with natural minimal makeup.  They are already beautiful women, makeup should enhance what you already have. 

I love Sunny, and she is always impeccable but i get the feeling of makeup layers down to her real skin. Like something from an Arnold movie, she'll be on the ground almost dying and her face will split open down the middle and the layers and layers peel off, until they finally reach her. 

• LOL 4
On 8/4/2021 at 12:16 PM, Sharper2002 said:

Am I wrong or did MyFather not personally ask Whoopi to hire Meghan as a favor to him? If so, what do we call that? 

You are wrong. This was discussed in detail on the show when she announced she was leaving on July 1.  They said after she accepted the job offer (which her father encouraged her to do), he was a guest on the show and sat between Sunny and Whoopi.  He asked both of them to "look after his daughter" and Whoopi believes it's because he knew he didn't have long to live.

Nothing was ever mentioned about him getting her the job on 'The View'. She was already on a panel on a FOX talk show, so she wasn't in need of a job. She had been part of the panel for two years, and she has always said she was happy there. 

Edited by tableau vivant

There's an article today in an Arizona newspaper, and it covers Meghan's departure.  Just about everything I've been saying since she announced her leaving is written in the article - basically, all her tantrums, all her arguments, all her disobedience towards her cohosts and guests have been a cash cow for ABC, and that's all that matters to the network. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/media/2021/08/05/meghan-mccain-after-the-view/5471015001/ 

"In many ways McCain, who joined the show in 2017, has been the perfect symbol of the moment, a moment that is passing, so her exit makes sense. McCain is white, privileged (she is the daughter of the late Sen. John McCain), annoyed about everything and seemingly oblivious to her advantages — the saying about being born on third base and thinking you hit a triple comes to mind often when listening to her views.

But those views made news — some sites covered her utterances practically every day  — and making news is important to “The View.” Any attention is good attention for a show like that because attention translates into interest, and interest into viewers. Viewers equal ratings, and ratings turn into money.

People liked watching McCain, or liked complaining about watching her. That kind of attraction is a valuable TV commodity. "

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

@Sharper2002 's correct, actually. It's not like they would say the words "We hired her because of her father" outright on the show, but it was more than implied that Whoopi's connection with MyFather is how his daughter got a foot through the door. I remember Jedidiah had just signed a new contract less than a month prior. For her to get uprooted out-of-nowhere made it even more obvious there was a lot of influence and strings being pulled behind-the-scenes.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Does Sunny go to bed in full makeup each night or did I dream that?

I forgot exactly what Sunny said, but I remember something about not being seen without makeup. I think she said she wakes up to put a face on before Manny gets up or something. As a girl who struggles with her skin, I don't want to judge her if she keeps a little something on when she sleeps, but it really is best to sleep with a bare face. Sunny's posted pics with minimal makeup on, so I doubt she's sleeping with full makeup. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

You are wrong. This was discussed in detail on the show when she announced she was leaving on July 1

Not sure this definitive statement is correct. Some of us remember early on when MeAgain joined the show, that it was clearly implied that John McCain went to his friend Whoopi to get his daughter on the show. Nothing to do with recent comments, this was back at the beginning.

• Love 18

When they were showing clips of Meghan's time on the View it was surprising to see her not have a scowl on her face and actually laughing.   She became meaner and more obnoxious the longer she was on the show.

9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

@Sharper2002 's correct, actually. It's not like they would say the words "We hired her because of her father" outright on the show, but it was more than implied that Whoopi's connection with MyFather is how his daughter got a foot through the door. I remember Jedidiah had just signed a new contract less than a month prior. For her to get uprooted out-of-nowhere made it even more obvious there was a lot of influence and strings being pulled behind-the-scenes.

Yes. It's not like Meghan's father made a call to ABC and said hire my daughter. As  you mentioned Jed had just signed a new contract. So we are to believe ABC on a whim decided to hire Meghan? No.  Someone asked someone to make it happen.

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I forgot exactly what Sunny said, but I remember something about not being seen without makeup. I think she said she wakes up to put a face on before Manny gets up or something.

That is some major insecurity right there.  Add to that her throwing away a birthday cake one of Manny's coworkers gave to him I would say Sunny has some issues.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Not sure this definitive statement is correct. Some of us remember early on when MeAgain joined the show, that it was clearly implied that John McCain went to his friend Whoopi to get his daughter on the show. Nothing to do with recent comments, this was back at the beginning.

I will gladly apologize to everyone if someone can provide proof that this is what happened and  it's not a case of remembering things the way some wish to remember it. Any link to a an interview /article where this is said as fact  will do. I will definitely apologize to all if someone can show solid proof. Otherwise, I will go by what Whoopi and Sunny told Meghan on July 1. 

3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes. It's not like Meghan's father made a call to ABC and said hire my daughter. As  you mentioned Jed had just signed a new contract. So we are to believe ABC on a whim decided to hire Meghan? No.  Someone asked someone to make it happen.

Yeah, Meghan is not that big a name that they would have done all that for her sake. I didn't know anything about her other than who her father was and that she was a blonde.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't know anything about her other than who her father was and that she was a blonde.

Before she joined the View her biggest claim to fame was getting owned by Paul Begala on Real Time with Bill Maher.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Before she joined the View her biggest claim to fame was getting owned by Paul Begala on Real Time with Bill Maher.

Today's the day!  I can't watch, but I'm going to record in case you wonderful posters tell me my head won't explode.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, Meghan is not that big a name that they would have done all that for her sake. I didn't know anything about her other than who her father was and that she was a blonde.

I mostly knew her from her Tila Tequila days.  When Tila was the bigger name and trying to make Meghan happen.

image.png.e993915a7e210dedbddaa9a2fa6a476b.png

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I literally gave Sunny a standing O from my living room yesterday after her impassioned response to the lack of mask mandates. Go, Sunny, go!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by catlover79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Synema sounds fine on the political questions, but whenever they ask about her "friendship" with Meghan, she starts stumbling all over the place. Must be trying to keep her breakfast down.

I'm surprised Meghan's "good friend" Joe Biden didn't stop by. LOL

• LOL 13
25 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

This Goodbye to Megabitch is gonna be a barf fest.

Funny you should say barf, my DH walked into this kitchen when Megs was gushing over her bff Sinema and after 15 seconds he said "how can you listen to that and not puke!" 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mldyold said:

Funny you should say barf, my DH walked into this kitchen when Megs was gushing over her bff Sinema and after 15 seconds he said "how can you listen to that and not puke!" 

Your DH has impeccable timing. 🤣😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Prerecorded, as I assumed. Goodbye, Meghan. Please don't EVER come back!! 👋 

I had a feeling they were going to pre-record the last show since Joy was in the studio yesterday.

Only ten more minutes and she's done!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Sooo...we get teary-eyed clips of Megan with her Dad, lots of weepiness & then they transition to Andy Cohen & Erika Jayne & the Housewives & then Jamie Lee Curtis' strange praise of Megan's "service"...interesting choice of clips...

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Meghan, Paul Ryan couldn't even wash his hair for you.  So glad they included a Joe  Biden clip.  President Joe Biden to you, Meghan.  Where's her bestie Clay Aiken?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan, Paul Ryan couldn't even wash his hair for you.  

Maybe he just finished working out. 

3 minutes ago, Axie said:

Where's her bestie Clay Aiken?

Hanging out with Kathy G?

That was really a pretty lackluster send off. None of the other hosts could be bothered to say much about working with her.  No mention that it was the final show of the season either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

And it's over!! We are Meghan free!

Of course, she had  to say that she would still be friends with people that didn't get vaccinated because she didn't want it to be political?? What the ???

Again, we are Meghan free!!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 16
31 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Maybe he just finished working out. 

Hanging out with Kathy G?

That was really a pretty lackluster send off. None of the other hosts could be bothered to say much about working with her.  No mention that it was the final show of the season either. 

Flowers In The Dirt Yes GIF by Paul McCartney

Just now, Triviatrish2 said:

Flowers In The Dirt Yes GIF by Paul McCartney

Well...that was a big "nothing burger".  I loved the "Bye, Meghan" at the end by Whoopi!

Like Gerald Ford said, our long, national mightmare is over!  

I hope that MeAgain appreciates the Founding Fathers send-off.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

When they were showing clips of Meghan's time on the View it was surprising to see her not have a scowl on her face and actually laughing.   She became meaner and more obnoxious the longer she was on the show.

That is some major insecurity right there.  Add to that her throwing away a birthday cake one of Manny's coworkers gave to him I would say Sunny has some issues.  

What gave me pause on Sunny was after a fight with Manny where he hung up on her. She took all his cell phones and threw them on the street due to lack of phone etiquette.  Whoopi told her that wasnt spicy or passionate.

She needs to reign in her emotions.  How was she able to be a lawyer with a lack of control of her emotions?  Hope she had a different approach at her job vs at home. 

Back in the day, I was told that to be a good lawyer that emotion needed to take a back seat to facts and evidence.

So it seems like Meghan got a muted send off.  Is it possibly due to the pandemic?  Even Abby and Candace got a better send off..heck even Jedediah did and hers was short notice 

• Love 2

It sounds as though Joy doesn't think very far ahead (re: filibuster). She's all in favor of the short term solution without considering the repercussions when her favored party is no longer in power. It was good that she asked that question, because I'm sure that she's not the only one who would trade future options for today's gain.