Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/2/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Besides MeAgain leaving, I also was excited when the very cute Krysten Sinema was talking about the naughty problems she was trying to solve until I realized she meant “knotty”. (Oh well, a boy can dream, can’t he?) 😳🤭

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Whoopie's "Bye Meghan " had all the enthusiasm of someone wiping dog crap off their shoe.

Unless I missed it, did anyone say something about Meghan and what she contributed to the show? Each time someone has left, they always say individual goodbyes. They must all be ecstatic that she will be gone. It will be so nice to watch without yelling at the TV.

• Love 22

Well, that wasn’t quite as painful as it could have been.  

The first tongue bath wasn’t until halfway in and that was from her Mom.  It was uncomfortable all over again to see Jamie Lee slobber on her and thank her for “her service “.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Sounded so fake.  

The absolute best part for me was during the opening.  Joy had the biggest shit eating grin on her face!  She looked so happy. 💩💩💩. Made me lol.

Have a good rest of your summer everyone❣️❣️

• LOL 11
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Does Sunny go to bed in full makeup each night or did I dream that?

There's a video here, where Sunny said her grandmother told her to stay attractive for her husband. She said she goes to bed "hot" (however she defines that), and then after Manny falls asleep is when she wraps her hair, puts zit cream on, etc. 

https://www.facebook.com/TheView/posts/sunny-hostin-has-a-specific-bedtime-routine-to-always-look-her-best-for-her-hubb/10153520494831524/

3 hours ago, Axie said:

Whoopie's "Bye Meghan " had all the enthusiasm of someone wiping dog crap off their shoe.

I wish I had a bunch of sock puppet accounts, so I could like and quote this enough, that it would gain permanent sidebar status.

I haven't even watched The Daughter's final episode yet. I think I've been treating it like the biggest present under the Christmas tree.

Let's all wave goodbye to John McCain's daughter. 

Adios, Agent Agita. You will not be missed, but neither will you be forgotten, for those who fail to remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

Edited by General Days
typo - corrected "be" to "bed"
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

Well, that wasn’t quite as painful as it could have been.  

The first tongue bath wasn’t until halfway in and that was from her Mom.  It was uncomfortable all over again to see Jamie Lee slobber on her and thank her for “her service “.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Sounded so fake.  

The absolute best part for me was during the opening.  Joy had the biggest shit eating grin on her face!  She looked so happy. 💩💩💩. Made me lol.

Have a good rest of your summer everyone❣️❣️

yep yep yep.  I can dig it heheh.  I know, i chuckled at Joy a few times.  Someone said that wasn't so.  true true true. Sidebar-  i hope they give some time before starting the parade.  I'm bound to get sick most of the time.  that retrospective wasn't too awful.  At least it wasn't the kind of fake of purring all over her and the 'oh you're so great, smart, funny, quick w. A gun LOL.  That would have been so phony .  The change in her is wild watching from beginning to current.  You don't notice it until you seen those.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I'm happy today was her last day, don't get me wrong, but why do I keep thinking about the ending to Carrie???

hahah that would have been classic. Kathy Griffins bloody arm up from the grave 

21 hours ago, Haleth said:

Eww, Lou, that is gross. 🤢

Hahah sorry Haleth. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I cringed watching that little "tribute" this little brat does not deserve a farewell tribute. She did nothing but cause so much tension on this show for the past 4 years.  She is unpopular amongst many viewers. Good riddance to her. 

• Love 19

The absolute best part for me was during the opening.  Joy had the biggest shit eating grin on her face!

Something else I noticed:  After the opening introduction where it was announced that today on The View we're saying goodbye to Meghan..., when Whoopie started talking, she just did her usual quiet "Welcome to The View" opening.  Look at Meghan's face when she says that--she goes from grin to no grin.  (They still had the camera on everyone.)  I'm thinking she expected Whoopie to acknowledge her departure in her first words--something like, "Welcome to The View, and Meghan, how are you feeling on your last day?  Today's Meghan's last day, y'all."  And so on.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Well, it looks like Cindy McCain put to bed any false notion that John McCain had anything to do with Meghan being hired for the show. She - and the hosts agreed - said that he encouraged her and was very persuasive for her to accept the offer. He believed it would be a good fit for her and for her to spread her wings. 

BTW, Cindy McCain said more than once she was so happy for Meghan choosing family over work  - and now Cindy will be able to spend more time with her grand-daughter. Since Meghan has been in her home in Washington DC from the start of COVID, and hasn't left her home - why hasn't Cindy been able to spend more time with them - especially since they were all vaxed ?  Her daughter is working remotely with her daughter a few feet away from her - how was working for an hour or so hindering how much time she spent with her growing family, or how much time Cindy could be there with the new family? 

Also, Meghan said her mother's new job as Ambassador will have her relocating to Rome, Italy. I guess in that case, Cindy doesn't care about being away from her daughter and grand-daughter ? It's best for work to take her away from the family, but not Meghan ?  They should really rethink their priorities before going forth in public with them. 

Sunny said her friends got the vax because she was so 'transparent' when her in-laws died of COVID, so they got it because of them. Really ? Her in-laws deaths from COVID were that impressive to her friends that they got the vax because of it ? Really Sunny? I doubt that very much. 

Edited by tableau vivant

Sunny has mentioned several times the Blacks and POC were wary of vaccinations for various reasons. Therefore I can see Sunny being a role model and inspiration to different communities.

Far more than when MM complained the WH wouldn't acknowledge her wanting to (jump in line early) to get vaxxed on The View with her brother.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

If Meghan didnt turn out to be such a brat (of course they left those moments out...) she would've been a decent co-host. I wish someone could make a clip show out of all the times she mentioned who her father was over the past 4 years. That alone would've filled the 31mins of air time.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Well, it looks like Cindy McCain put to bed any false notion that John McCain had anything to do with Meghan being hired for the show. She - and the hosts agreed - said that he encouraged her and was very persuasive for her to accept the offer.

Not buying!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Sunny has mentioned several times the Blacks and POC were wary of vaccinations for various reasons. Therefore I can see Sunny being a role model and inspiration to different communities.

Far more than when MM complained the WH wouldn't acknowledge her wanting to (jump in line early) to get vaxxed on The View with her brother.

Thank you for saying that and I am Black and it is scary and disheartening to know so many Black people who refuse to take the Vaccinations .  What is truly sad is that there are Black people online preaching against the vaccination. If Sunny was able to change minds because of her family tragedy then it is a good thing. 

• Love 19

No tears? lol

I loved how they were all just like "bye!"

I had coworkers I worked with a lot less where we would get attached and so sad to see one another go. I'm sure there would have been a lot of sadness and heartfelt I miss yous if Meghan treated her coworkers kindly. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Never been more relieved Joy did not send MM a lasagna. Whew!

I want one of her lasagnas, but you have to be on her good side. I certainly wouldn't put that much effort in for MM.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Something else I noticed:  After the opening introduction where it was announced that today on The View we're saying goodbye to Meghan..., when Whoopie started talking, she just did her usual quiet "Welcome to The View" opening.  Look at Meghan's face when she says that--she goes from grin to no grin.  (They still had the camera on everyone.)  I'm thinking she expected Whoopie to acknowledge her departure in her first words--something like, "Welcome to The View, and Meghan, how are you feeling on your last day?  Today's Meghan's last day, y'all."  And so on.  

Yes!! Whoopi showed more enthusiasm on Thursday when she announced that Joy was back in studio with Sara. 😊 The rather bizarre farewell episode just showed me that if it was indeed Meghan's choice to leave the show, it was a leave or be fired situation. I'm sure we'll hear more details as time goes on.

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

The rather bizarre farewell episode just showed me that if it was indeed Meghan's choice to leave the show, it was a leave or be fired situation.

I wondered too if she was told she needed to knock it off with the lying and misdirection and she wasn't prepared to do that.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, KittyQ said:

It sounds as though Joy doesn't think very far ahead (re: filibuster). She's all in favor of the short term solution without considering the repercussions when her favored party is no longer in power. It was good that she asked that question, because I'm sure that she's not the only one who would trade future options for today's gain.

But Joy did follow up with a concern about voting rights being of primary importance, because if one party succeeds in suppressing the votes of another party, democracy is in danger. As I recall, Sen. Sinema didn't respond to that point.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, mongoose said:

Unless I missed it, did anyone say something about Meghan and what she contributed to the show? Each time someone has left, they always say individual goodbyes. They must all be ecstatic that she will be gone. It will be so nice to watch without yelling at the TV.

When she was first on, she said something to the effect that she was there to provide the conservative point of view, and to help the women (and audience, I suppose) understand conservatives. Looking back over the four years, it seems to me that she didn't try very hard to find middle ground, except for the panel's universal antipathy to Trump. And when she did talk about "the conservative view" it was mostly by spewing statistics, often cherry-picked, but without any context. I don't know if her hard exterior is her armor, or if she is hard through and through. And even if she goes on to promote herself on other programs, at least she isn't monopolizing 10 minutes a day on The View 5 days a week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I wondered too if she was told she needed to knock it off with the lying and misdirection and she wasn't prepared to do that.

I think this is the likely scenario.   She just would not quit badmouthing Fauci.  She was becoming increasingly antagonistic to her cohosts.  She was trying to rationalize things that most people find irrational. I for one am not sad to see her go. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I think Meghan is always angry because she's often defending viewpoints that she doesn't really hold.

I've thought this for awhile.  You don't see any of the other women get nasty when they defend their beliefs.  Even Paula who didn't agree with most of panel could have discussions of the hot topics without losing her temper.

I don't think Meghan is living her most authentic life.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, nokat said:

I want one of her lasagnas, but you have to be on her good side. I certainly wouldn't put that much effort in for MM.

I thought she did get a lasagna.  There was a Christmas ep and went around the table giving everyone lasagnas.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think Meghan is always angry because she's often defending viewpoints that she doesn't really hold. She clings to these views for dear life because they are the views of her husband. Years ago, she used to be a more open and friendly person, who voiced her own viewpoint. I think she's a deeply unhappy person. 

It appears since she joined that clan, her "views" became much more rigid. The same thing happened with Bitsy. It's like the 1950's all over again.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Not that I agree with MM, but what is wrong with her having a view about Fauci or the Squad? 

She spreads misinformation and lies about them that has created an atmosphere where they and their families are being threatened with death.  They just want to improve people's lives.  It is because of people like Megan and her ilk that I would never go into politics. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
On 8/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, tableau vivant said:

Cindy McCain said more than once she was so happy for Meghan choosing family over work 

When she announced she was leaving, didn't Meghan say she was not one of those people who say they are leaving to "spend more time with family"?  Did I dream that or does Cindy not really know her daughter?  This would explain why Cindy prefers to live  2/3 of a continent (in Arizona) or an ocean away from MeAgain.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

MeAgain's last show has received less comments than probably any other episode. Perhaps viewers are just exhausted and happy it's over?

I noticed Joy looked happy & relieved in the last shot on MM's last show, feeling the huge weight lifted off her shoulders. It would be funny if on their first show in September the ladies celebrate with mimosas.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 8/7/2021 at 8:20 AM, catlover79 said:

Yes!! Whoopi showed more enthusiasm on Thursday when she announced that Joy was back in studio with Sara. 😊 The rather bizarre farewell episode just showed me that if it was indeed Meghan's choice to leave the show, it was a leave or be fired situation. I'm sure we'll hear more details as time goes on.

My dvr cut off the end so i didn't see the goodbyes.  Does anyone happen to have a clip of that?  Also, where are the memes?  Come on people, this is the golden opportunity 

• LOL 3

Since Meghan did not talk about her views on Fauci, the Squad, etc on this episode, do not bring it up here.

Any speculative comments you want to make about why she left, take to her topic.  Primetimer's Political Policy still applies.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:34 PM, deirdra said:

I noticed Joy looked happy & relieved in the last shot on MM's last show, feeling the huge weight lifted off her shoulders. It would be funny if on their first show in September the ladies celebrate with mimosas.

The thing that struck me was Sunny's fake laugh at some stupid thing the Leaving One said. hah there's no denying that one lol

• Love 3
On 8/8/2021 at 2:13 AM, deirdra said:

When she announced she was leaving, didn't Meghan say she was not one of those people who say they are leaving to "spend more time with family"?  Did I dream that or does Cindy not really know her daughter?  This would explain why Cindy prefers to live  2/3 of a continent (in Arizona) or an ocean away from MeAgain.

Actually, one of the main reasons she said she was leaving was because she didn't want to uproot her family from DC and move back to NYC (as they're supposed to be returning to the studio in September). She wanted to stay in DC and be with her family, and decided to raise her child there -so yes, her family comes before work (according to her reasoning). Cindy was correct. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2021 at 1:51 AM, bannana said:

Yeah, no. All of the above is true. He also reached out to his friend Whoopi to ensure that she got the invite. You want proof? I don't have that. Everyone knows this is what happened.

I think everyone truly wants to BELIEVE this is what happened, due to their deep-rooted hatred for Meghan. But facts are facts, and there is nothing factual that her father 'reached out to his friend Whoopi to ensure that she got the invite' .  That's wishful thinking. 

Don't forget, ABC was negotiating with Meghan a few years prior to join the show, and she dropped out of negotiations when they were also in discussions with Sarah Palin to join the show that same season.  If he was going to get involved with his daughter's hiring, that would have been the season he would've stepped in and told them to end negotiations with Palin and hire his daughter. 

1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Whether MyFather reached out to Whoopi or not, he's ultimately responsible for Meghan getting the gig. She would not have her career without her famous daddy. 

That's something completely different than the topic at hand. She's not the only one who has a career because of their father. 

The topic is whether John McCain arranged in some way for her to get this job offer from ABC, with the help of Whoopi. 

The factual answer is "NO".  No wishful thinking will change that. 

Once again, to reiterate the point that ABC sees 'The View ' as a 'news show' and not an 'entertainment talk show' as it started out in 1997, here are today's headlines from "The Wrap" - which covers the 2020-21 season of all shows, now that the season officially ended last week....

"‘The View’ Tops All Daytime Talk and News Shows for First Season in 24-Year History"

So it's safe to bet that ABC is popping the champagne over these headlines which broke this afternoon. Their transition from moving the show from their 'entertainment' division over to their 'news division' a few seasons ago has definitely paid off.  Their decision really focus on politics and other controversial news headlines the past few seasons has indeed paid off.

It's not only the #1 talk show, but the #1 news show -beating the competition on daytime TV from CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NEWSMAX, etc. 

Says The Wrap:

“The View” has finished Season 24 as the No. 1 daytime talk or news program in both households and total viewers — the first time that’s ever been the case.

The first-place finish counts all daytime network and syndicated talk shows and news programming. It does not count daytime shows like “The Young and the Restless,” “Judge Judy” and “The Price is Right.”

https://www.thewrap.com/the-view-tops-daytime-tv-ratings-news-talk-first-time-ever-season-24-meghan-mccain-exit/