Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/2/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Meghan was more civil to Col Vindman than I expected, although the fact that she dove right into her question without thanking him for his service is indicative of her disdain. 

• Love 18

I just saw a headline (and picture of Meghan) on Mediaite where she accused Chris Cuomo not addressing his brother's scandal as "the worst kind of nepotism" ... did she really say this?  Today?  One of the Queen's of getting every job she ever had through nepotism?

While the piece did address Meghan's connections on getting her a job in media, it said that she always has "interesting" viewpoints.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I just saw a headline (and picture of Meghan) on Mediaite where she accused Chris Cuomo not addressing his brother's scandal as "the worst kind of nepotism" ... did she really say this?  Today?  One of the Queen's of getting every job she ever had through nepotism?

Am I wrong or did MyFather not personally ask Whoopi to hire Meghan as a favor to him? If so, what do we call that? 

I don’t care about Chris Cuomo one way or the other, but I think he does have credentials after decided he didn’t want to be a lawyer and going into journalism instead. Did his family connections help? I’m sure they did, but I don’t think he was totally incompetent either. 

Meghan on the other hand…

• Love 18

Hahahahaha! Meghan is all aghast at the clip of her that is shown from Fox and she has the big hair.  She is mortified at the way her hair looked then-wait until she looks back at a clip of how her hair looked today.  Also-how could she be embarrassed about her hair then (I thought it was pretty) and wear the hairstyles that she has worn on The View the past year? Make it make sense.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Tweet by Paul Rudnick (after observing Meghan’s hair/make-up/wardrobe choices on today’s telecast):

Since Meghan has only a few days left on The View she decided to make an audition tape for the role of Adulterous Nail Salon Owner Whose Husband's Drugged Body Was Found In A Hot Tub on any episode of Dateline.

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 22
22 hours ago, Rightside said:

She does this type of response ALL THE TIME and makes it political.

Question: Meghan, are you concerned about the increase in Covid cases?

Meghan: What I'm concerned about is gun violence and opioids, which are both the Democrat's fault.

HA!   every time Meghan does this, I am reminded of her first day, and how she praised Hasselbeck, and felt honored to be "sitting in her chair".   Because Elizabeth hasselbeck, to me, can be summed up in the iconic moment when they discussed Sarah Palin.  The question was asked, "what makes Sarah Palin qualified to be vp?"  and Elizabeth replied with "What makes Obama qualified?" and then went on a rant.  

The two of them are cut from the same cloth.  Meghan is a bigger, nastier, angrier version. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Two more days!!!  And she is getting more vile by the minute!  Guess she feels the need to get it all out now while most everyone is watching with great expectations.  By Friday I expect to just see steam rising out of a cauldron that has become Missy.  🧟‍♀️👺

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
On 8/2/2021 at 2:40 PM, General Days said:

Was Meghan's new flubbed word of the day a bastardization of "reticent"? 

In the discussion about Kathy Griffin, Meghan said: "I just wonder if this show would have the same reaction if a conservative host, or a conservative comedian had held up a severed, bloody head of Vice President Harris, President Obama, President Biden -- I think probably, I can speculate there* would be a lot less recitent* to have forgiveness."

I would *think* what she meant to say is that "they would be more reticent to have forgiveness," but what a fricking word salad.

* t-h-e-r-e is not my typo of they; r-e-c-i-t-e-n-t is not my typo of reticent. Meghan said "there" and "recitent." 

Relevant section starts after the 6:40 mark in the video attached to this tweet.

Who is "the other Kristen"?

Kristen Bell 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

and Elizabeth replied with "What makes Obama qualified?" and then went on a rant.  

And that started Elisabeth's retorts of "what about Obama" for just about anything she didn't want to discuss. 

23 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The two of them are cut from the same cloth.  Meghan is a bigger, nastier, angrier version. 

Is it really that hard to have a non nasty conservative be a cohost on the View?

17 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

By Friday I expect to just see steam rising out of a cauldron that has become Missy.

I do wonder if she will take the high road or will she go out with a bang.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I never heard of Eboni K Williams until today, but, I'm sorry, if the woman I was seeing told me I was going to have to abandon my children during a pandemic and lock down with her, I would be the one dumping her, not the other way around.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Hahahahaha! Meghan is all aghast at the clip of her that is shown from Fox and she has the big hair.  She is mortified at the way her hair looked then-wait until she looks back at a clip of how her hair looked today.  Also-how could she be embarrassed about her hair then (I thought it was pretty) and wear the hairstyles that she has worn on The View the past year? Make it make sense.

That was big hair? Haha!  I think I feel a Crocodile Dundee reference coming on (I wish I had an appropriate picture) - "This is big hair!"

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I never heard of Eboni K Williams until today, but, I'm sorry, if the woman I was seeing told me I was going to have to abandon my children during a pandemic and lock down with her, I would be the one dumping her, not the other way around.

I wondered how old his kids are. If she's talking about kids in their 20s, maybe she has a right to be annoyed. If they are teenaged or younger, then really, his care for them would be an indication that he values family. Either way, it seems clear that they weren't on the same (divine) page, so breaking up is for the best.  - I wondered if they had ever discussed and agreed on that "divine" order before. If not, then Eboni would do well to be sure that her next boyfriend is aware of her expectations.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I wondered how old his kids are. If she's talking about kids in their 20s, maybe she has a right to be annoyed. If they are teenaged or younger, then really, his care for them would be an indication that he values family. Either way, it seems clear that they weren't on the same (divine) page, so breaking up is for the best.  - I wondered if they had ever discussed and agreed on that "divine" order before. If not, then Eboni would do well to be sure that her next boyfriend is aware of her expectations.

She said some of his kids were adults and some were teens.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

Am I wrong or did MyFather not personally ask Whoopi to hire Meghan as a favor to him? If so, what do we call that? 

I don’t care about Chris Cuomo one way or the other, but I think he does have credentials after decided he didn’t want to be a lawyer and going into journalism instead. Did his family connections help? I’m sure they did, but I don’t think he was totally incompetent either. 

Meghan on the other hand…

Exactly. Chris is extremely educated. He behaves like an adult on his show unlike Meghan, and he deals with people bringing up his brother all the time. He does his best. Meghan's head would explode if anyone said anything other than MyFather was a war hero. Even when something isn't her issue or about her, she will make it about her. Like she did with Clay, who's sweet and gracious and forgave Kathy a long time ago. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 22

I couldn't love Whoopi more than I did today!

Not sure if it was directed at Meghan but after her Chris Cuomo and the evil CNN rant, Whoppi says "I can't hear you". I'm assuming it was (to make me happy) that she wasn't listening to Meghan or put her on mute!

It might have really been that she couldn't hear Sunny but I want one for the "they hate Meghan column" today!

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

When she said she thinks the divine order should be God, partner and then kids it reminded me of an Oprah show.  She asked the audience if your family was in danger and you could only save your spouse or your kids one woman stood up and said she would save her spouse because she could always have more children.

I get that Eboni thinks older children shouldn't take priority but it sounds like she thinks it should be that way no matter what age the kids are.  I'm going to disagree with her on this.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Every day, Meghan adds a new member to her family. On Monday, Clay Aiken was 'her brother' and today, Janice Dean was 'her sister'.  I guess she doesn't like the real siblings she already has, otherwise she wouldn't be adding more to the family every other day. 

Well do you know that Meghan would talk about her brother on TV if he was involved in a scandal? 

She would rip him up one side and down the other and filet him!

Yes, she would filet her own brother! She is no Chris Cuomo!!

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2021 at 11:26 AM, ifionlyknew said:

And as others have mentioned if she didn't care about her looks she wouldn't try to pretty herself up with filters.

I am as annoyed with MM as anyone here, most notably for her constant "whataboutisms," but I try not to be overly judgmental of her sparkly makeup and silly hair styles. I respect Sunny for her serious side, but at the same time am not a fan of her fashion sense sometimes. Yet, I don't hold it against either one. It's TV, it's summer, and some goofiness makes good TV I could do without it but I'm not the target demographic.

• Love 8

I was really surprised that MeAgain didn't repeat her talking point that having Eboni on the RHONY was hurting ratings, because she was talking about matters of race and white privilege, and the viewers didn't like that. They discussed this just a few weeks on The View and MeAgain made a specific point to raise it.

https://decider.com/2021/07/19/the-view-meghan-mccain-rhony-lost-viewers-over-modern-intense-race-conversations/

From the article, this is what MeAgain said then:

McCain said it was such conversations that were driving viewers away. “I think every American is inundated with very difficult, scary, exhausting, intense and yes, really important conversations, especially about race, especially in the past two years,” McCain said. “And where that fits in reality television space is a question for people who work in reality television.”

She added that she enjoys “the 45 minutes a week watching absurdity, watching people flip tables, cheat on each other, have crazy vacations,” but claimed that “bringing in these modern, very intense conversations has made viewers stop watching.” McCain insisted that she continues to watch RHONY, but “it has been a different tone shift for this season.”

Instead, she acted like they were friends from their time at Fox and then asked about Cuomo.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Every day, Meghan adds a new member to her family. On Monday, Clay Aiken was 'her brother' and today, Janice Dean was 'her sister'.  I guess she doesn't like the real siblings she already has, otherwise she wouldn't be adding more to the family every other day. 

Don't forget, she managed to get a MyFather in there also.  for those playing the drinking game, take a shot!  Of your fav poison, JD preferred lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

If she shortened her name, she would be 'Jan Dean'...  Jan & Dean LOL  dating myself but tough shit hah.  I wonder if her parents did that on purpose.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, bannana said:

I was really surprised that MeAgain didn't repeat her talking point that having Eboni on the RHONY was hurting ratings, because she was talking about matters of race and white privilege, and the viewers didn't like that. They discussed this just a few weeks on The View and MeAgain made a specific point to raise it.

15 hours ago, bannana said:

Instead, she acted like they were friends from their time at Fox and then asked about Cuomo.

Because she wanted to make it all about her.  And even had video of herself to show and fish for compliments by talking about her hair.  

• Love 5

I never commented on yesterday's show... Not much to say. SSDD with McCain lying through her teeth. Long-term viewers know how many topics weren't discussed (about McCain family members or other friends) because she was there.

Whoopi looked pissed that Sunny threw them to commercial at the end of the first segment. I think Sunny only did that because of the audio issues, but I was expecting her to breathe fire at Sunny like she did Paula and Rosie for that. Whoopi is always insecure about her job, who knows why.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Shut up, Meghan.  Sure, DeSantis knows what he’s doing and will be a great president.  The “exodus” from CA has nothing to do with covid response but the explosive death rate in FL sure does. God, she is clueless. Or lying. Or both. 
One more day!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 23

Once again ,  discussing governors in various states and response to the virus, Meghan says, "blame Biden!  His approval rating is tanking! 2024! Look out for DeSantis,  he's popular! 2024!"

Because when a governor makes an executive order banning vaccine mandates, the issue is whether or not that governor might run for president?

• Love 16

I love Kristen C but she seemed really off today.

Heh, Spartan, I’ve been singing that in my head. My fav scene from that show. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi looked pissed that Sunny threw them to commercial at the end of the first segment. I think Sunny only did that because of the audio issues, but I was expecting her to breathe fire at Sunny like she did Paula and Rosie for that. Whoopi is always insecure about her job, who knows why.

We all know why The Whoopster is insecure about her job ... she's a lousy Moderator!!!  Either she can't see what she's reading or comprehend the content, she always manages to look half-blind & confused.  She MUST know how pathetic she appears.  If not, she's certifiable!!!  LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Was glad Joy was back in the studio, even though it is the same format she looked good! 

Sara is still reading from the teleprompter but maybe with Joy there could be more of a conversation.

I hope they are back in the studio for next season, but since Meghan will be gone I'll be just happy about that for now.

• Love 14

Sara's makeup was very orange today.

That's so cute that in their retrospective of the season that they never showed MeAgain pissing off everyone of her co-hosts. Maybe they will save that for the MeAgain goodbye reel.

Doubt It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

That's so cute that in their retrospective of the season that they never showed MeAgain pissing off everyone of her co-hosts. Maybe they will save that for the MeAgain goodbye reel.

Doubt It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Sara is such a naturally pretty girl. Her makeup today was way too heavy. Less is more with a face like hers.

lol, we shall find out tomorrow!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I love Kristen C but she seemed really off today.

Heh, Spartan, I’ve been singing that in my head. My fav scene from that show. 

I do too. She's adorable, so much talent in a tiny body. 

She was in studio for Watch What Happens Live last night. When does The View film? I wonder if Kristen just had a really late night. She did also say she's a night owl. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I do too. She's adorable, so much talent in a tiny body. 

She was in studio for Watch What Happens Live last night. When does The View film? I wonder if Kristen just had a really late night. She did also say she's a night owl. 

I was thinking the same thing.  You know Andy kept her up!

• Love 5

I fear Kristin Chenowith was off because she was hungover!  She, as others have stated, was on Watch What Happens Live last night and admitted to having wine before the show and was chugging two big what looked like chocolate or coffee martinis through the half hour show.  Even Andy called her tipsy.  She was so cute and snarky, though...I think I like me some tipsy K. C.!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Sunny's makeup always looks bad to me and she was orange as well.  Sara and Sunny would look so much better with natural minimal makeup.  They are already beautiful women, makeup should enhance what you already have. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm wondering if Miss Meghan is brooding because of his tweet to Kathy Griffin and he's now got to handle her with kid gloves and coax her out of her pout.  

I could totally see Meghan losing her shit over someone liking or not liking a post or tweeting something nice to someone she doesn't like.  Didn't she throw a behind the scenes hissy fit because Whoopi's hairstylist retweeted something about Meghan?

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sara and Sunny would look so much better with natural minimal makeup.  They are already beautiful women, makeup should enhance what you already have. 

Sara posted a picture without makeup or not much makeup and no, just no.

Maybe someone can find it.

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Sunny's makeup always looks bad to me and she was orange as well.  Sara and Sunny would look so much better with natural minimal makeup.  They are already beautiful women, makeup should enhance what you already have. 

Agree. Makeup is a wonderful tool and definitely enhances beauty, but once it's done to a point it looks theatrical, it looks silly for a daytime women's talk show. 

I've also seen Sara without makeup, and I thought she was cute as a button. 

• Love 7