Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/2/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m at the office so I’m morbidly curious: Is Meg whining about Mary Trump calling her out?

She complained on Twitter yesterday. She said there are no “good” trump family members and wishes they would all leave her and her entire family “the fuck alone”

Because, you know, the entire roster of guests on The View are there to talk about the McCains

Edited by 2JEWELL
Something to add
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

News Briefing.  Selfish, I know, but, since we get the news at noon anyway, I wish they’d hold some of these Breaking News bulletins till then.

At least we missed some of the Dax/Kristin interview. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I thought it was interesting that Sarah said both of her parents focused on weight & looks, etc  Sarah looks very fit & pretty, so interesting she felt insecure about those things.  Meanwhile, MeAgain says that she doesnt give a 'bleep" about her looks or her weight(which is great) but she is sporting her sparkly eye-lids and dyed hair & she wears crazy clothes & does 'selfies" with filters & crazy make-up...

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meanwhile, MeAgain says that she doesnt give a 'bleep" about her looks or her weight(which is great) but she is sporting her sparkly eye-lids and dyed hair & she wears crazy clothes & does 'selfies" with filters & crazy make-up...

She is so full of shit. She is vain and thin skinned. 

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The schools in the next town from me had to go to remote learning this week after 3 days because of covid. No masks and no vaccines. It’s stupid. 

the school districts around me are being bombarded at school board meetings with anti-mask protestors, and are ending up caving to pressure to make masks optional .  So parents who are concerned about their kids getting covid send their kids to school (no remote learning this year)  with masks, even though many of their classmates are not masked.  

it's ridiculous. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meanwhile, MeAgain says that she doesnt give a 'bleep" about her looks or her weight(which is great)

Just because she says it doesn't make it true.  She has said on the show before about people who have trolled her online about her weight.  If I'm not mistaken she said before she was pregnant about how people would have a field day if she gained a lot of weight pregnant.

No matter what she says it is hurtful when people attack your looks.

And as others have mentioned if she didn't care about her looks she wouldn't (try to ) pretty herself up with filters.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And as others have mentioned if she didn't care about her looks she wouldn't (try to ) pretty herself up with filters.

not to mention the glitter, tiaras, extensions and clothing choices

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

News Briefing.  Selfish, I know, but, since we get the news at noon anyway, I wish they’d hold some of these Breaking News bulletins till then.

I wish they  would hold the Breaking News until Friday when Meghan starts her farewell speech! Then she will be cut off on live TV.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meanwhile, MeAgain says that she doesnt give a 'bleep" about her looks or her weight(which is great) but she is sporting her sparkly eye-lids and dyed hair & she wears crazy clothes & does 'selfies" with filters & crazy make-up...

Being happy with your body and not comparing it to others is fine.  However, promoting being overweight as healthy is not fine.

Meghan has rambled on about being healthy, when we know she smokes cigars, is overweight and would need exercised explained to her.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Well Meghan if you hadn't accused Mary Trump of being an opportunist for writing a book about her own family dynamics the last time she was on the View she might have a better opinion of you.

McCain only hated Mary Trump for being at odds with the Trumps that were formerly in the White House, no matter how she chooses to dress it up. She didn't sit out Donald Trump, Jr.'s appearance on this show after all. Liar is as liar does.

Moreover, Mary and Meghan show that there is a "good" Trump and a "bad" McCain--no family can be painted all with one brush.

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Being happy with your body and not comparing it to others is fine.  However, promoting being overweight as healthy is not fine.

Meghan has rambled on about being healthy, when we know she smokes cigars, is overweight and would need exercised explained to her.

Her response is always that she doesn't care what anyone else thinks, which is why she wrote the twitter response to Mary Trump. With a really sour look on her face, she managed to say how many "beautiful" things are in her life, so she doesn't have time to worry about what people say. All those beautiful things in her life sure have made her one angry person.  

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, mongoose said:

All those beautiful things in her life sure have made her one angry person.  

She reminds me of my FIL - never happier than when he was miserable.  And making everyone else around him miserable.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is asked what she thinks about the situation in florida, with the governor  outlawing mask mandates, and about mask mandates  in schools.   Her answer is, "well, I'm not going to tell you what I think about that, but here's what I think about 17 other things..." 

And Whoopi acknowledged the fact that she didn't address the actual topic when she moved on to Sara, too.

I really appreciated Joy's fire today in response to the DeSantis stuff. She's definitely been more herself these past two days. I enjoyed the little flashback to Abby in the video they made a few Halloween's ago imitating Stephen King moments. I would've liked more time with Stephen King also.

I don't mind Kristen Bell, although her husband bugs me a little. They don't really bother me to the same degree as they do others though, I guess. When Whoopi was asking about what their time in the RV was like, his response that "It's just been heaven on earth" did make me laugh. Same when he joked they were going to have their Christmas party in an elevator.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought it was interesting that Sarah said both of her parents focused on weight & looks, etc  Sarah looks very fit & pretty, so interesting she felt insecure about those things.  Meanwhile, MeAgain says that she doesnt give a 'bleep" about her looks or her weight(which is great) but she is sporting her sparkly eye-lids and dyed hair & she wears crazy clothes & does 'selfies" with filters & crazy make-up...

I am pretty sure MeAgain was whining on Twitter not so long ago about how mean people are to her about her weight and that it hurts her feelings.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought it was interesting that Sarah said both of her parents focused on weight & looks, etc  Sarah looks very fit & pretty, so interesting she felt insecure about those things.  

Yeah, Sara's expressed insecurities about her looks many times. I really do think our upbringing and parents affect our self-esteem. I remember when they discussed having sex with lights on or off, Sara said she was a lights off girl due to body issues. I was surprised because she's the quintessential pretty girl and in great shape. I kind of relate to this. I'm not currently as fit as I should be, but I'm in decent shape. My parents were the type who were very body negative, so in my head, unless you looked like a model, you don't have the right to go swimming even in a modest swimsuit. It's very wrong. I have friends who are twice my size and will get out there. I love it, but I'm still insecure. If I ever have kids, I will keep my mouth shut about everyone's bodies around them. No talk of being fat, obsessing over food and such. Try to lead a healthy lifestyle and lead by example. 

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

If I ever have kids, I will keep my mouth shut about everyone's bodies around them. No talk of being fat, obsessing over food and such. Try to lead a healthy lifestyle and lead by example. 

While this is true there is a childhood obesity problem in this country.  You are right that setting a good example is the best thing to do.

This is about MeAgain's weird blather about masks and vaccine passports.

https://decider.com/2021/08/03/meghan-mccain-rants-about-vaccine-passports-the-view/

From the article

Concluding her off-topic argument, McCain then said that we’re going to head into unrest over the whole thing, pointing to European countries like France who have experienced similar issues: “I think we are about to see a lot of civil unrest about these vaccine passports and about mask mandates and about where we’re heading, unfortunately, going forward.”

Goldberg was visibly non-plussed by the whole tangent. In order to get things back on topic, Goldberg took a passive-aggressive dig at her co-host, reminding her of the real topic at hand.

“Okay, I’m going to go back to the original question, which was originally about schools,” Goldberg said, clarifying before asking Sara Haines about the issue. “This isn’t about anything other than masks on kids in schools.”

• Love 7
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I don't think she had to verbally say this. Everyone who turns into the show each day can see she doesn't care about what she looks like in public. That's a given. No surprises there. 

Can someone tell me why ABC felt the need to consider Gov Cuomo's scandal as 'breaking news' ?  It's only breaking news to those in NY - in the other forty-nine states we have our own governors with their own scandals. I could see if he was the President or running for the Presidency this year; then it would be national news. But a governor caught up in sexual misconduct in his own office is for his constituents - not the rest of the country. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is asked what she thinks about the situation in florida, with the governor  outlawing mask mandates, and about mask mandates  in schools.   Her answer is, "well, I'm not going to tell you what I think about that, but here's what I think about 17 other things..." 

Which Whoopi nicely followed up with: "getting back to the original question, what do you think, Sara?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, mongoose said:

Her response is always that she doesn't care what anyone else thinks

However, MeAgain is a Wannabe Tough Chick, not an actual tough chick, and tries to hide her insecurities with bravado.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah, Sara's expressed insecurities about her looks many times. I really do think our upbringing and parents affect our self-esteem. I remember when they discussed having sex with lights on or off, Sara said she was a lights off girl due to body issues. I was surprised because she's the quintessential pretty girl and in great shape. I kind of relate to this. I'm not currently as fit as I should be, but I'm in decent shape. My parents were the type who were very body negative, so in my head, unless you looked like a model, you don't have the right to go swimming even in a modest swimsuit. It's very wrong. I have friends who are twice my size and will get out there. I love it, but I'm still insecure. If I ever have kids, I will keep my mouth shut about everyone's bodies around them. No talk of being fat, obsessing over food and such. Try to lead a healthy lifestyle and lead by example. 

Yes she does look great now, but she's been working hard to comeback, mentally & physically.  That third baby really did a number.  She hadn't really healed from #2 , when the surprise of #3.  She also had the responsibility of trying to make that other show successful.  I dont even remember the name of it.  But it was very hard for her to get the baby weight off for good, and got the counseling.  Thats what helped the most.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Yes she does look great now, but she's been working hard to comeback, mentally & physically.  That third baby really did a number.  She hadn't really healed from #2 , when the surprise of #3.  She also had the responsibility of trying to make that other show successful.  I dont even remember the name of it.  But it was very hard for her to get the baby weight off for good, and got the counseling.  Thats what helped the most.

Yeah, Sara was kind of a baby making machine for awhile there. The stress of a show must have been a lot too. She's a really sweet girl. I'm glad she was able to have the family she wanted and wish her health and happiness. She deserves it. 

• Love 12

Wow! Sara's parents are something else. She's mentioned before that they have Republican views,, they had a difficult time accepting their gay son, and now she says they placed high value on her looks as she was growing up. That's tough.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Wow! Sara's parents are something else. She's mentioned before that they have Republican views,, they had a difficult time accepting their gay son, and now she says they placed high value on her looks as she was growing up. That's tough.

My parents were "liberal" but would never have accepted a gay son.

And my parents, and the culture they were raised in, were highly critical of people's attractiveness and especially weight.  The girl children had to be slim/skinny.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

When she talks about her parents she always tries to make them sound like wonderful people despite what she is telling us about them.  

15 hours ago, deirdra said:

Which Whoopi nicely followed up with: "getting back to the original question, what do you think, Sara?"

Everyone on the View is so over Meghan.  I doubt she will ever be invited back for even a guest spot.

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

However, MeAgain is a Wannabe Tough Chick, not an actual tough chick, and tries to hide her insecurities with bravado.

I have never felt Meghan was comfortable in her own skin.  I felt the same way about Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  Meghan projects who she wants to be but really isn't that person.  The day she told Joy it was her job to listen to her bitch was the real Meghan. An immature woman who lashed out because she wasn't getting her way i.e someone not listening to the garbage she was spewing.   She has repeatedly called herself a political pundit/analyst even though she doesn't have any credentials to back it up.   I don't call myself a comedienne just because I made someone laugh a couple times.  She got a degree in art  history. She said she wanted to originally be a music journalist. So how did she end up talking about politics for a living? I think she would have been a lot happier if she had done what she really wanted to do.

• Love 20
32 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She has repeatedly called herself a political pundit/analyst even though she doesn't have any credentials to back it up. 

You mean attending the RNC in utero doesn’t qualify?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Everyone on the View is so over Meghan.  I doubt she will ever be invited back for even a guest spot.

I would need a list of all the people they turned down to pick her to be on.

There is zero reason to have her on the show after Friday.

• Love 9

Come on, Joy. "But what about Republicans?" is not a good look in response to the Cuomo revelations. Meghan, the queen of the partisan pivot, finally has a legitimate criticism against a leading Democrat and turns to nursing home accusations. Is she allergic to staying on topic? I agree with her about Chris Cuomo, especially since he helped draft some of Andrew Cuomo's responses, but that wasn't the question asked.

• Love 8

MeAgain couldn’t even sit in on the Mary Trump interview (that she was there to promote a book for) because “there are no good Trumps” and they need to leave her family “the fuck alone”.  I’m supposed to believe that she would damn straight be talking about possible wrong doings of one of her family members?   Does she really believe this crap? Does she really believe we believe her?

• Love 17

Every day, Meghan adds a new member to her family. On Monday, Clay Aiken was 'her brother' and today, Janice Dean was 'her sister'.  I guess she doesn't like the real siblings she already has, otherwise she wouldn't be adding more to the family every other day. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Come on, Joy. "But what about Republicans?" is not a good look in response to the Cuomo revelations.

I understand her frustration.  However if someone is guilty of wrongdoing as the allegations against Cuomo suggest then they need to be held accountable. But yes it would nice if both parties had the same standards.  

20 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

MeAgain couldn’t even sit in on the Mary Trump interview (that she was there to promote a book for) because “there are no good Trumps” and they need to leave her family “the fuck alone”.  I’m supposed to believe that she would damn straight be talking about possible wrong doings of one of her family members?   Does she really believe this crap? Does she really believe we believe her?

If she was given the opportunity to do an interview with Don Jr or Ivanka she would jump at it.  And she would not do any gotcha questions.  

29 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan, the queen of the partisan pivot, finally has a legitimate criticism against a leading Democrat and turns to nursing home accusations.

She wants to paint him as a murderer and not just a harasser.  

• Love 8