Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/2/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Here's hoping that every guest this week gets to absolutely roast Meghan.

That would be our bonus gift wouldn’t it? If they ran a fraction of already compiled videos of her rants, faces and general rudeness? Then have confetti come down from the ceiling with horns being blown.  Happy dance memes! 
I feel about Kristen Chenoweth as some feel  about the other Kristen.
 Loved Mary calling her out. Poor Mary still seems uncomfortable ,but think a injection on those worry lines would help. 
No that giant hand sanitizer bottle is not beautiful for the doorway or sink.  Glad you love it so show me a picture of how it’s displayed in your home. I’ve used sanitizer for at least 13 -14 years since volunteering  in a non profit pre- school.  I had one on a belt loop and kids all wanted a squirt but all swirled their toothbrushes in still water in the sink.  That being said I’ve removed the one by the entry. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joy is right about tattoo placement.  I have two. One on my ankle and one on the corner of my upper back.  They are mostly hidden unless someone catches a glimpse of them if I wear something that exposes them.  Women especially have to think about where they have them put.  As she mentioned on your boob can be problematic.  Anywhere that can change shape is a risk.. I have a former friend who had a some sun god put all around her belly button.  Needless to say it has changed appearances quite a bit.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I found her rant to be in very poor taste.   Kathy is talking about having cancer and MM wants to judge her entire life based on one joke that a lot of comedians of that time were making about Clay?  Particularly considering a large portion of Kathy's fanbase is actually the LGBTQ community.  It just came across as mean spirited.   Let anyone say something critical of "my father" while he was battling cancer..   She'd have plenty to say (unless it was Trump 😀)

I thought it was in poor taste too, even for Meghan. 

I also think if you want to know what offends a community, you ask them. The LGBT community as a whole loves Kathy. I'm pretty sure they don't care for many of the folks that Meghan enjoys/defends. 100% agree with you there too. Meghan's head would have popped off her body if anyone said anything critical of her father while he was battling cancer. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

As glorious as Mary throwing shade at Meg’s cowardly ass was, I hate that the show even dignified one obviously skewed poll about Vice President Harris as a subject.

Also, I thought it was rich Meghan didn't want to hear about racism or sexism being at play, but she cries sexism all the time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Joy is right about tattoo placement. 

• Fortunately, I never found (or imagined) a tattoo I'd want all my life.
  • Also, I was born in 1940, so I aged out by the time more females were getting them.
  • AND...I was a freckled redhead.  My skin is so thin and crinkled (especially my arms), any tattoo I got would like like dirty laundry today.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2021 at 1:02 PM, ifionlyknew said:

So I guess we get to watch Meghan be rude to Mary Trump again.

HaHA!   Mary: One   Meghan: Zero.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, bannana said:

That way MeAgain and "my producer" Brian can ensure that she comes off well.

Who inherits "my producer" ??

On 8/1/2021 at 9:05 AM, tableau vivant said:

Doesn't that make it fair play ?  

Sometimes discussion has to be on THAT DAY.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:
  • Fortunately, I never found (or imagined) a tattoo I'd want all my life.
  • Also, I was born in 1940, so I aged out by the time more females were getting them.
  • AND...I was a freckled redhead.  My skin is so thin and crinkled (especially my arms), any tattoo I got would like like dirty laundry today.

My niece is a nurse - she has said that the one thing that convinced her to never get a tattoo was seeing how they looked on elderly patients.  Not nearly as cool as they once did I guess!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

Was Meghan's new flubbed word of the day a bastardization of "reticent"? 

In the discussion about Kathy Griffin, Meghan said: "I just wonder if this show would have the same reaction if a conservative host, or a conservative comedian had held up a severed, bloody head of Vice President Harris, President Obama, President Biden -- I think probably, I can speculate there* would be a lot less recitent* to have forgiveness."

I would *think* what she meant to say is that "they would be more reticent to have forgiveness," but what a fricking word salad.

* t-h-e-r-e is not my typo of they; r-e-c-i-t-e-n-t is not my typo of reticent. Meghan said "there" and "recitent." 

Relevant section starts after the 6:40 mark in the video attached to this tweet.

2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I feel about Kristen Chenoweth as some feel  about the other Kristen.

Who is "the other Kristen"?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Clay Aiken and Kathy Griffin buried the hatchet years ago.  Her jokes were all before 2008 when he came out.  Kathy even hosted a fundraiser for Clay's campaign in 2014 when he ran for Congress. Why is Meghan bringing all this up?  It makes it look like Clay is holding a grudge against Kathy.  

Why you ask?  Because, as we all know, every topic has to have something to do with her.  In the KG discussion she managed to being in Clay as well as referencing her own family’s experience with cancer and addiction.  

• Love 11

Haven't watched the show but Mary Trump is trending for her comments on MeAgain.  I have read what she said. For Mary to say that means that she knew for a fact that MeAgain sat out intentionally.  Because if it was a technical problem, The View would have quickly pointed that out. And even MeAgain didn't refute it on Twitter but she did make herself the victim again.

So do we think MeAgain informed my producer Brian that she refused to be part of the Mary Trump interview?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, bannana said:

And Clay just tweeted this:

Clay Aiken on Twitter: "Love and prayers for a speedy recovery to my dear friend @kathygriffin! Selfless and gracious, she even hosted a fundraiser for my congressional campaign years ago. Get well soon Kathy. I miss your jokes! ❤️ https://t.co/dR7NY4FzJD" / Twitter

Geez I guess Meghan holds a grudge for something that her bestie doesn't even care about.  And he makes her look like petty bitch.

Add to that Mary Trump accurately nailing Meghan and she is having a bad day.

10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’d say, yes.

48E91596-90FF-4C7B-B0CA-545B5F8D6215.jpeg

Well Meghan if you hadn't accused Mary Trump of being an opportunist for writing a book about her own family dynamics the last time she was on the View she might have a better opinion of you.

• Love 22
43 minutes ago, bannana said:

Clay Aiken on Twitter: 

That photo Clay tweeted with Kathy in the wedding dress was taken at the Billboard Awards (or maybe the AMAs) where they co-presented, with Kathy walking out in a wedding gown saying she and Clay were getting married.  Lol--I had forgotten about that photo.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

And here is what Meghan has to say to Mary Trump today, on Twitter: 

“There is no ‘good’ Trump family member to me,” McCain tweeted this afternoon. “Continue to wish they would all just leave me and my entire family the fuck alone.”

https://deadline.com/2021/08/meghan-mccain-mary-trump-response-the-view-leave-me-alone-1234807781/

What’s that word you love to use, MeAgain? Triggered? 

Edited by Sharper2002
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I wondered how MM would respond - and we all knew she would respond.  Nice try Meghan but no one is buying this.  You didn't have a problem appearing on the show with Mary Trump the last time.   Her comment got under that thin skin of yours but good.  You really are a coward and you know it.  

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Clay Aiken on Twitter: "Love and prayers for a speedy recovery to my dear friend @kathygriffin! Selfless and gracious, she even hosted a fundraiser for my congressional campaign years ago. Get well soon Kathy. I miss your jokes! ❤️ https://t.co/dR7NY4FzJD" / Twitter

Aww, he sounds like such a sweet, forgiving man. How is he friends with Meghan?

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Aww, he sounds like such a sweet, forgiving man. 

I'd love it if one of the other women on the show brings this up tomorrow.  Ask Meghan why she holds a grudge when clearly he doesn't.  This just makes her look even smaller and pettier than she already did - who thought that was even possible?

• Love 11
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Also, I thought it was rich Meghan didn't want to hear about racism or sexism being at play, but she cries sexism all the time. 

She only cares about sexism if it is a conservative woman who is being mistreated due to her gender.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Personal note:  I read that Kathy was having surgery.  My last data was that surgery is the “only cure” for lung CA.

She actually tweeted that out yesterday, I believe. She said she was losing half her left lung, it was caught super early-stage I, and they told her she probably doesn’t need chemo or radiation. 

That is totally not cool of what Meghan tweeted. That’s just being prejudiced to hate someone based on who you’re related to. It has nothing to do with genetics, it’s based on how you’re raised.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

She only cares about sexism if it is a conservative woman who is being mistreated due to her gender.

Yup, and she is only passionate about racism and homophobia when she can have a go after someone on the left. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It’s why I’ve never liked Anderson Cooper since.

And he became friends with Andy Cohen. Yuck. There's something about him I don't like. I guess I blame him for the Housewives. You know Meghan loves Cohen. 

I've always been a Kathy Griffin fan from her standup to her reality show. Yes, the Trump thing was stupid; she never should have done it. I was really a  fan of KG's mother Maggie who was a gay rights supporter and died at 99.  I don't want to hear from No Sense of Humor McCain. 

• Love 20

Here's the thing about Kathy Griffin.  What she did wasn't a speech...but a very poor in taste joke about the President.  It basically crossed a line.  Should she have been canceled?  No, but she did need to suffer consequences..which she did.  However, it is time to move on from punishing her.  I do agree with Sara that in those times, your true friends are revealed. And it's sad she didn't have support from her 'friends' at the time.  

Sunny...she doesn't seem objective about Kamala.  I guess that's the one thing she and Meghan have in common.

• Love 7

I truly don't understand Meghan's reply.

“Continue to wish they would all just leave me and my entire family the fuck alone.”

What did Mary say about her family? Mary called her out (rightfully so) for her unprofessionalism and she plays victim, tries to duck behind her father's name once again. Someone on Twitter posted a photo of Meghan sitting for Donald Trump Jr.'s interview on The View when he was a guest. I also remember how she nauseatingly called him "Mr. Trump" when addressing him. Good riddance.

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I truly don't understand Meghan's reply.

“Continue to wish they would all just leave me and my entire family the fuck alone.”

What did Mary say about her family? Mary called her out (rightfully so) for her unprofessionalism and she plays victim, tries to duck behind her father's name once again. Someone on Twitter posted a photo of Meghan sitting for Donald Trump Jr.'s interview on The View when he was a guest. I also remember how she nauseatingly called him "Mr. Trump" when addressing him. Good riddance.

Meghan is not the badass she thinks she is

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m at the office so I’m morbidly curious: Is Meg whining about Mary Trump calling her out?

She hasn’t mentioned it. She’s complaining about how Dem mayors are responsible for the spread of covid. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

But does she complain about Republican governors?

Nope. They are patriots protecting our freedom. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3