Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/2/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

“The View” has finished Season 24 as the No. 1 daytime talk or news program in both households and total viewers — the first time that’s ever been the case.

MM being on mat leave for 1/3 of the year may be why they finished better than the prior 3 years.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

The factual answer is "NO".  No wishful thinking will change that. 

Unless you were involved in The View's hriing of Meghan McCain, you wouldn't know the "facts" any more than the rest of us... You're also practicing in wishful thinking because you want to assume she was hired on her own merits, when there is less to suggest that is the case. Her resume wasn't any more impressive than Jedidiah Bila's for them to have done all that work for her specifically.

The View often lies about what's happened behind-the-scenes, the viewers often find out the truth in gossip rags the majority of the time. On the show, things are always "fine" and the co-host leaving is always leaving "of their own volition." That's always been the case on this show, other than with Star, who decided to go out her own way. Elisabeth and Joy both said their departures were their own decision, but Joy admitted later when she returned that they had been fired and that playing along with the act to save the show face is what left the door open for her to return when the show crashed and burned over the next two seasons.

The only facts we know 100% are that 1.) Jedidiah had just signed a new contract less than 30 days before she got the boot unexpectedly and 2.) McCain made sure to tout her conversations with Whoopi and Whoopi's friendship with her father on her first day on the show. The inference from those two things as well as other things that have leaked out over the years--like the executive who was friends with MyFather and protected her job until he retired earlier this year (her departure unsurprisingly following soon after)--is that favors were called in for her sake, getting her the job and ensuring she endured through things anyone else would've been fired over.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

That's something completely different than the topic at hand. She's not the only one who has a career because of their father. 

Not entirely different, and while Meghan may not be the only one, she's definitely not the norm either. MyFather isn't nearly as important to the average person as Meghan thinks he is, but most people don't have parents as famous, connected, and wealthy.

If you're a Meghan fan though, I really don't mean to offend you. You're pretty brave since you're outnumbered here. 

• Love 3

How Meghan got the job at The View is not on topic and even if it were, you have repeated your opinions many times and no one's mind is going to be changed.  Stop doing this:

over it dead horse GIF

SHOUTING for those in the back - IF you want to talk about ONLY Meghan, take it to her topic.  We've repeated this many times, warnings will be next.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm enjoying the break. I'd had it Up To Here with Meghan, and everyone else seemed to be phoning it in.

A month without The View is enough to make me miss it as part of my daily routine. (I feel the same about my other regularly taped shows, Jeopardy! and The Talk, both of which are also on hiatus.) Having a month away is a palate cleanser.

• Love 4

Ya gotta give it to Michael Bolten.  He's  a sly one.  Loved his songs in my youth.  Loved the hair too.  Still do.  Someone i think in this panel, mentioned that you can't just call him Michael.  It always  has to be 'Michael Bolton' .  That is so true! He has that kind of name i guess.  Not like, hmm for instance 'Zo-ey-de-Chan-el'  i know that's misspelled but you get my point.  Its a mouthfull.