Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Let’s see if I got this straight… Travis is the big fish but Christian is the OG big fish and Alyssa was briefly big fish but now she’s bait and Derex was 2nd OG big fish and he will be big fish again later and it’s important to always have a big fish. But don’t forget the OGs. Right?

Now Alyssa is plotting to tear apart any girls alliances. She says she can get in their head. (Unless they’re too jealous to listen?) She and Whitney can take down the girls.

Yep. Trash heap.

You forgot the pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm enjoying the casual large group conversation and Q&A more than the mutual beauty praising going on with the small crew. 

ETA: I'm enjoying it less now with the Brent monologues. Did Frenchie lose his voice finally?

Edited by CrazyDog

Alyssa tried the “why don’t girls like me?” bit with Xavier, but he didn’t take the bait.

They discussed having someone throw a rogue vote and pinning it on someone else, but she decided it makes her too nervous. I would find it hilarious if signals got crossed and several people threw a rogue vote thinking they were the only one, and Alyssa (oops!) went home.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Brent believes that if you're afraid to eat in front of someone, you shouldn't make a dinner date and also women make dinner dates because they want free food. I feel like he and Alyssa would be perfect for each other. If only there wasn't that pesky Christian, "joking" about how he and Alyssa should get caught kissing by Frenchie lol so funny it would literally literally literally break the Internet.

• LOL 6
(edited)

Well, okay, this took me so long to mock up in Paint that the moment passed but I'll share it with you anyway:
8qSbxeN.png

This is still half the feed right now, ftr. It's prettier than the bubbles at least.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was enjoying the peaceful scene of Xavier sleeping, despite the hat.

*sigh* "Better go down and socialize."

And I like Xavier more and more.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
45 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Let’s see if I got this straight… Travis is the big fish but Christian is the OG big fish and Alyssa was briefly big fish but now she’s bait and Derex was 2nd OG big fish and he will be big fish again later and it’s important to always have a big fish. But don’t forget the OGs. Right?

I'm not smart enough for this show. I guess you need a good mind for metaphor!

Alyssa's ego will inflate even more after avoiding this eviction. She loves that Christian singled them out as the beautiful people. I hope she doens't morph into a Gillian Flynn "cool girl."

Edited by adore
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I have a free month of Paramount +, thought “ah nice, I can check out the feeds…” 😅😅🙄 I have seen nothing but “We’ll be right back” and Xavier sleeping. Way to get people to subscribe, CBS! 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cotypubby
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
Just now, adore said:

I'm not smart enough for this show. I guess you need a good mind for metaphor!

Or a degree in animal husbandry because there's a whole side thing with cows and studly bulls. No goats yet, though, which is sad. I love me a fainting goat.

1 minute ago, Cotypubby said:

I have seen nothing but “We’ll be right back” and Xavier sleeping.

One of us! One of-
WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

• LOL 7

Xavier wakes up to say: He loves that there are so many people in this cast who like to take credit for moves. He is happy to let them be loud and visible while he stays under the radar. The best players— Danielle R, Dan (early on), Dr Will to a great extent— were able to make big moves without calling attention to themselves.  He does not want to be HoH for that reason.  His strategy is be friendly, let others do the moves for him and call attention to themselves, and keep his name out of their mouths.

Sounds good to me. I love Xavier. Even more now that he referenced my all time fave, Danielle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Brent believes that if you're afraid to eat in front of someone, you shouldn't make a dinner date and also women make dinner dates because they want free food.

Oh no. I briefly saw a man like this who genuinely thought all women were after his money. And free meals obviously. Needless to say he was super cheap. And years later he's still single, presumably protecting his wealth from all the gold - digging and entree-digging women. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

So I have a free month of Paramount +, thought “ah nice, I can check out the feeds…” 😅😅🙄 I have seen nothing but “We’ll be right back” and Xavier sleeping. Way to get people to subscribe, CBS! 🤦‍♂️

Same. One 12 hour workday later, with my cat giving me a pretty epic cold shoulder because I dared to leave the house, and figured I'd finally dive into the feeds for awhile to unwind.

Paramount: Lolololol. No.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

It’s been a very bubbly night. I don’t know why. Not much is happening.

Britini is telling Deref she’s a virgin. Saving it for marriage. He thinks that’s so cuuute.

ETA: To be clear, he was actually supportive. He said it must be hard being around this group. She said some of the games and story sharing make her uncomfortable because she can’t really participate.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

They're playing Heads Up, 7 Up in the living room. Someone pass me a copy of Oregon Trail because I just went back to the fourth grade and oh, look, Mrs. Drenka is sick and we got a substitute today and I'm gonna earn me one of those scratch 'n' sniff stickers.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

If Alyssa talks about her Pretty Problems to women like she does to men, I think the mystery of why women don’t like her is SOLVED.

I'll just date myself a bit with this 80s classic. Please, let us all support Alyssa and the heavy burden she bears.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Alyssa: Everyone thinks me and Christian are working together anyway, so we might as well.

Alyssa (5 minutes later): Nobody thinks we’re working together. They all think we  quashed that.

Forget HoH-itis, I think Alyssa caught a bad case of Frenchie-itis.

• LOL 6

I mean, I'm still very much Fuck Travis but after seeing how smug and fucking annoying Alyssa has been tonight, I need that vote to flip. But secretly because that would be even funnier.

Julie: "Why do you think they voted you out?"
Alyssa: "Because I'm pretty."

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Nashville said:

Apologies, but looseness of language bothers me; people are prejudiced, systems are racist.

Yeah if you adhere to the changed definition of the word. 

By what you said above, all of the people in the BB 21 thread, including myself, were wrong and Jackson and Jack were not racist, they were just prejudice?

3 hours ago, chilis said:

Is Claire really tall, or are Britini and Alyssa really short?  Or both I guess, lol. 

I was trying to figure that out myself on the first night.  I wasn't sure if she is tall or all of the other women are short.  I guess if she towers over any of the guys we will have an answer to that mystery.  But then again, the guy might be short...

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Xavier wakes up to say: He loves that there are so many people in this cast who like to take credit for moves. He is happy to let them be loud and visible while he stays under the radar. The best players— Danielle R, Dan (early on), Dr Will to a great extent— were able to make big moves without calling attention to themselves.  He does not want to be HoH for that reason.  His strategy is be friendly, let others do the moves for him and call attention to themselves, and keep his name out of their mouths.

Sounds good to me. I love Xavier. Even more now that he referenced my all time fave, Danielle.

I did not see season two live, I watched it on YouTube years after it was broadcast.  But I thought Dr. Will was very visible throughout his season.  So I am not sure why he would say Dr. Will.  Now Danielle I would say did play that game.  She let people like Josh and Roddy think they were running things.  But I am not sure Dr. Will did.

As for who I like this season thus far.  To be honest I am neutral about most of the cast.  Nobody really stands out as being a huge asshole to me.  I guess my favorite right now would be Derek X.  if I had to choose. 

I have a strong feeling that Xavier might be the one who ends up winning the whole show.  But my track record of picking the winner week one has not been great.  Past season week one choices were: Jack (21), Tyler (20), Paul (19), Tiffany (18, I thought she would be like her sister), Shelli (17), and Howard (15).  Those were the ones I could recall off the top of my head.  As you can see my track record for picking the winner does not bode well for Xavier.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 1
(edited)

Travis is currently making his pitch to stay. To the HoH. Who can't vote. After Alyssa and Christian left the room so he and Frenchie could talk. Thumbs up on that not a dummy strategy.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3

Claire and Tiffany are talking. They have both noticed Frenchie watching everyone and soaking up information to store for later use. Tiff says you can always tell when Frenchie is thinking because his leg starts shaking.

They both want Frenchie gone. Tiff will be happy to give him the French Kiss goodbye. I appreciate her willingness to climb on the Frenchie nickname bandwagon, but that one gives me the squicks.

They are both frustrated by the difficulty of forming women’s alliances. Men have no problem doing that, they note. It’s always bros before hos. But women working together are seen as man-hating bitches.

Elsewhere, Deref is happy about the casting this season. For the first time, the straight men don’t make him uncomfortable. He said they are open to embracing their feminine side.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiff will be happy to give him the French Kiss goodbye. I appreciate her willingness to climb on the Frenchie nickname bandwagon, but that one gives me the squicks.

French Kisses was an all feemell+ Frenchie alliance that was created the other night. Frenchie claimed to Alyssa that the women asked him to join their all feemell alliance. In reality, Frenchie created it.

• LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I wonder if Hannah thinks there are any alliances yet? Or does she still think it’s way too soon?

Aw, look, one of Helen's babies is all grown up and ready to play on BB!

2 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

I always think of BB15 Helen when I read that phrase. #neverforget #helenwaspushed

Hannah, Helen. Helen, Hannah.  Wasn't Helen from Chicago too? 

35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, I'm still very much Fuck Travis but after seeing how smug and fucking annoying Alyssa has been tonight, I need that vote to flip. But secretly because that would be even funnier.

Julie: "Why do you think they voted you out?"
Alyssa: "Because I'm pretty."

Lol!  As much as I need a dudebro to go first, I would not be opposed to the typical SideHo cast member going first either.  Both of these types usually get way too far into the season and onto jury based on their looks alone.  I mean, I'd rather it be Whitney on the block and potentially going home if there was a flip but,  POC or not, Alyssa was 100% cast as the pretty, SideHo type so she can go and I'm down with that.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1

Frenchie told Travis that he would break the tie in Travis's favour if it came down to it.

THERE'S AN UNEVEN NUMBER OF VOTES. THERE CAN'T BE A TIE, DUMBASS.

Travis, brilliant young man that he is... hasn't picked up on this.

• LOL 17
28 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I did not see season two live, I watched it on YouTube years after it was broadcast.  But I thought Dr. Will was very visible throughout his season.  So I am not sure why he would say Dr. Will.  Now Danielle I would say did play that game.  She let people like Josh and Roddy think they were running things.  But I am not sure Dr. Will did.

I think he was referring to the way Will was viewed in the house, at the time. It was clear to us that he was pulling the strings, but they didn’t see him as much of a threat. I don’t think he even went on the block. So I think it was Will’s ability to hide in plain sight that Xavier admired, as a different way of flying under the radar.

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

French Kisses was an all feemell+ Frenchie alliance that was created the other night. Frenchie claimed to Alyssa that the women asked him to join their all feemell alliance. In reality, Frenchie created it.

Frenchie creating an alliance called French Kiss is all kinds of gross.

But that explains why Tiffany said if the female alliance were exposed, she would have no problem calling out Frenchie as its creator.

• Love 3
(edited)

Frenchie, upon noticing his lack of audience: "Did everyone go to bed?"
Travis, very unconcerned: "Maybe. Guess I'll try [to campaign] in the morning."

I mean.

Meanwhile most of the house is hosting an episode of Big Blue Couch, their in-house podcast, in the nautical bedroom. (Calling it the boat room feels wrong.) And Travis is staring at the living room wall, contemplating his next first move.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Look at Christian, trying to gather intel and plant seeds in Derex’s poor addled brain. He's working overtime to convince Derex that Britini and Claire are big, scary threats. Women’s alliance, boo.  <shudder>

Travis thinks his goodbye speech will be funny. He’s hoping he gets to do it with his shirt off.

• Love 1

The tricky thing that Xavier has to keep in mind (and don't get me wrong, if he makes it to the end, he surely will have made a big move by then) is that you can't be TOO good at sliding under the radar or else then people won't give you credit for the move when you explain to them that it WAS you all along. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

This is the first time I've woken up to find everyone sleeping. Did Frenchie talk everyone into a coma.

To Alyssa thinking she was cast as the pretty one why God why? I hate her type and to be honest I think Hanah, Whitney and Azah are just as attractive as her and at least two of those are smarter too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

If it makes Alyssa feel any better,  I don't think she's pretty.  When she has her make-up on and her mouth shut she's okay -- but when she starts to talk her whole lower face morphs into Barney Fife.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Elsewhere, Deref is happy about the casting this season. For the first time, the straight men don’t make him uncomfortable. He said they are open to embracing their feminine side.

Are they? Maybe a couple, but most of them are very, VERY Dude Bro. I don't see a guy like Brent cuddling with a guy like Derek F. 

Derek F is probably the biggest disappointment this season. At least with guys like Brent and Frenchie or girls like Whitney and Alyssa, we EXPECTED them to let us down because, hey, this is Big Brother. They cast for archetypes and stereotypical characters for a REASON.

Derek F was the chosen one, the one that wasn't supposed to shack up with the Dude Bros and Not Like Other Girls Girls. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Well, okay, this took me so long to mock up in Paint that the moment passed but I'll share it with you anyway:
8qSbxeN.png

This is still half the feed right now, ftr. It's prettier than the bubbles at least.

That orange ribbed blanket gets around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

They're playing Heads Up, 7 Up in the living room.

I remember playing 7 Up in elementary school back in the 60s but I don't remember how it goes.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, chilis said:

Is Claire really tall, or are Britini and Alyssa really short?  Or both I guess, lol. 

She’s just shy of 6’. Whoever is running her Twitter says she’s 5’11 & 3/4”. I definitely see why Travis was wearing her shoes when he played dress up.

• Love 2

I think the Alyssa “girls hate me because I’m pretty” mantra is almost unavoidable in this atmosphere. I don’t think the other girls actually hate her and when Alyssa is with them they appear to get along well. But from Alyssa’s perspective they have created an alliance and haven’t included her. And this idea that she’s being persecuted for her attractiveness is reinforced by these pathetic men who only appear to value her for her attractiveness. Frenchie nominated her because he thought she was too hot to not be in a showmance. Christian desperately wants to be in a showmance with her. I think Brent is also pursuing something with her and thus all their conversations come back to her attractiveness. I feel like all the conversations she has with these men devolve into conversations about their types and their romantic relationships both in and out of the house. Even her one conversation with DerekX took this turn. I think these men are simple and want in her pants and are all too willing to to praise her beauty and talk about romantic entanglements because they want that from her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Good morning! Camera 1 shows French Braid with his mouth wide open. No thanks, on to Camera 2, which has zoomed out  to show French Braid sleeping on his side of the bed, pillows scattered around on the other side. Camera 3 on the wave/swirly bedroom, towels draped on the door and wardrobe, showing two people asleep. Close up of Hannah?? sleeping on Camera 4.

Xavier's strategy worries me because the main difference is when a house guest was voted out in season 2 they were able to watch the rest of the show and saw Will was pulling the strings and same thing with Danielle Reyes which did not help her win obviously. He needs to win some comps and take some credit like Cody. In modern Big Brother you have to win comps. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MV007 said:

And this idea that she’s being persecuted for her attractiveness is reinforced by these pathetic men who only appear to value her for her attractiveness. 

That's what she wants. 

Alyssa is the worst lol. Travis also sucks, but I barely see him so it doesn't really matter. But also I do want a dudebro to go first. Either way, I'll be good.

Just like every season, I am 100% sure that the people I like/the people who will go after the people I hate will throw comps or simply be bad at them. Sigh. This show will never go how I want it to go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Derek F is up. (I type in "Derek" and my phone suggests "F" or "X" to follow.) Quick trip to the bathroom. I thought Whitney was getting up but guess not. All quiet again.

Camera 1 switched from HOH to the Cross bedroom.  Looks like someone is sleeping in a coffin, lid up. Can't quite figure that out. Not the Cross bedroom after all unless Camera 2 is on a different room. 

• LOL 1

I was enjoying what I saw of Alyssa on the episode last night, and her reactions to French Horn, but she is super grating on the feeds. I haven't seen enough to know if she's always that annoying.

Her bonding to the dudes (of course) while lamenting that the girls hate her cuz they ain't her is just frustrating. I thought she'd be a more entertaining and blunt HG from her intro.

And she's pretty, but IMO, the rest of the woman are just as attractive, if that's what we're trying to care about here. 

I don't care which of them goes tonight, really. But Travis doesn't really seem be playing at all, so, see ya. 

Are a decent number of HGs actually wanting HOH tonight? Who would make for an interesting week? Claire? Tiffany? 

• Love 3

That never gets old!

Oh, those sweet, sweet, salty tears of Paul's disappointment....  They are like the finest champagne to us, aren't they?

I, too, don't really care who goes home tonight.  Usually I have an opinion one way or the other, but not this time.  So maybe Frenchie did get one thing right after all?  I mean, he went back on a LOT of promises, which were foolish of him to make in the first place, but he eventually managed to put someone on the block after the Veto who may be a bro, but a bro who doesn't appear to have made any strong connections other than "hey, I'm a bro!" so he's a perfectly bland nomination.  And eviction.  Alyssa seemed to basically give up after she realized no matter how many times she said "three days!" she wasn't magically coming off the block, and nothing I've read here has indicated she's doing any strong campaigning.  So she can go.

I am amused that the usual tradition of the first HOH being a disaster is holding up.  If you think about it, unless there are immediate animosities (say....Cody and Paul) being the first HOH and having to make nominations only three days into meeting these people for the first time must be pretty difficult.  You barely even know these people's names, let alone who they are.  Sometimes I wonder if maybe they should just let the house marinate and settle down for longer before they do the first HOH and eviction.

I look forward to the second HOH, where the game really starts.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Who wore it better: Big Brother space bun edition.
SCuhhnj.png

Minnie Mouse Turns Vampire.

And... Minnie Mouse Turns Vampire, Part Deaux.

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Now Alyssa is plotting to tear apart any girls alliances. She says she can get in their head. (Unless they’re too jealous to listen?) She and Whitney can take down the girls.

Yep. Trash heap.

I wouldn’t be too quick to reject Alyssa on the basis of these discussions, for one reason: context.  Alyssa is OTB after all, and scrambling to save her ass - so how much of what she’s saying at this moment might simply be Alyssa telling her conversational counterpart what they want to hear, and not actually her own true personal viewpoint?  This is BB after all; on the odd occasion or two, folks have been known to say things other than the absolute truth in House conversations.  I personally know it’s happened at least TWICE.  😆

• Love 4

Brent was the OG big fish. It's easy to stop being the big fish. You just go up to Frenchie and tell him you are not the big fish. 

• LOL 5
22 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I haven't seen enough to know if [Alyssa]’s always that annoying.

She is lol.

As for who is throwing HOH, Tiffany, X, and Britini definitely are. I’m sure Derek F will, too. I’m afraid Claire will but she is in great danger so hopefully she gets that and doesn’t. Hannah will likely throw. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Frenchie, upon noticing his lack of audience: "Did everyone go to bed?"
Travis, very unconcerned: "Maybe. Guess I'll try [to campaign] in the morning."

I mean.

Meanwhile most of the house is hosting an episode of Big Blue Couch, their in-house podcast, in the nautical bedroom. (Calling it the boat room feels wrong.) And Travis is staring at the living room wall, contemplating his next first move.

To be fair: if Travis had been strenuously campaigning, we’d all be calling him an idiot who’s not really in jeopardy but is going to talk his way right out of the House.  😁

• Love 5