Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Britini is playing chess with French Accent and every few seconds you hear her say "Check!" Christian is watching. Then it's "No no no" to French Accent. Then "Checkmate!" Britini won.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know if everyone knows this or not but Kyland is neurodivergent so that is likely the reason why he has a hard time finishing his thoughts.

This is a new term for me. I'm going to have to Google it. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Who isn't thirsting for that man? Y'all get in line behind me, I was here first.

I’ll fight you for him.  Or we can share.  I’m flexible.  😁

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

This is a new term for me. I'm going to have to Google it. 

It's technically a term to describe anyone with atypical cognitive function (like dyslexia would be neurodivergent), but most commonly, it refers to people on the autism spectrum. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Oh, good, could we be gearing up for a midnight flip? Those are generally fun to watch because they almost NEVER hold up the next day.  If you asked me two days ago I'd be bummed about losing Alyssa, but I'm kind of over her at this point.  Although I can't really stand Travis either, and really want to get rid of a dude-bro, and I just talked myself out of wanting this to maybe happen.

I do tend to agree for the most part, but I do think, when midnight flips happen, they are most successful on the first or MAYBE the second week. Hardly later on in the season, but it's easiest to have a successful last minute flip during the very early weeks.

So if this was a time for a flip, it could definitely happen.

• Love 3

Neurodivergent is a way of thinking about something like autism spectrum disorder as a difference, not a disease or condition to be treated or "cured".  It comes from the finding that some people have differences in brain imaging.  It also comes as a reaction to the group "Autism Speaks"  which does a lot of fund-raising for "curing"  autism, since autistic individuals don't see themselves as needing to be cured of anything.  

Neurodivergence can encompass a number of different ways of being divergent, rejecting labels like syndrome, disability, disorder, etc.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

Whitney is having a minor breakdown because she misses her kids, Alyssa would like you to know for the nine millionth time that she is aghast at the idea that she would spread her legs on Day 3, and Christian keeps flipping his curls around like he's in a Tresemme ad. Not that you would know that because...

ncA6QJn.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I might finally stop watching this show all because of the bubbles every 5 minutes. All the racism, sexism, and homophobia didn't do it, but this might.

It's mind-boggling that their response to, "Boy, you sure let a lot of racist and sexist shit go on on your show" is "If we don't let them see ANYthing,  then no one can complain!"

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

We have Kitty Cam - theories are either an HoH lockdown (those are usually tomorrow?) or HoH comp practice which makes more sense because isn't Week 2 usually a crapshoot like a golf putt or a ball roll or something?

40 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

We have Kitty Cam - theories are either an HoH lockdown (those are usually tomorrow?) or HoH comp practice which makes more sense because isn't Week 2 usually a crapshoot like a golf putt or a ball roll or something?

Remember when they used to let us watch them practicing for the crapshoot comps?

This season we don’t even get to see them say more than 5 words.

• Love 2
(edited)

I always find that Mark-Kevin-Josh gif compelling*.  A little violent for my taste, but this is the raw sort of thing that the estimable feedsters used to see on the feeds and brought here for all to marvel at and discuss.  Today--it seems--that sort of action in the house would get you bubbles.  What are they afraid of? 

• That the feedsters see and hear human beings being awful?  Why is that scary for production?  Isn't that the point of Big Brother?  They totally went the wrong way in their response to racism and bullying, which was to redact it from the feeds.  No matter how thorough (which we know isn't very) the pre-production vetting process is, there's no way to ferret out every nuance of every hamster's opinions and cast accordingly, so there's going to be friction and volatility and stuff happening.  Which is the point.  They're not staffing a nuclear submarine where meshing of personalities is critical to mission safety.  They're missing the opportunity to really have some good, sociologically significant honest content out there that will provoke thoughtful honest conversation.  Instead, it seems, CBS is askeered of real life in their reality television.
  • That all the "good" content will go out through the feeds and be plastered all over Twitter, Reddit, here, and other places, diluting the impact of their broadcast episodes?  I hardly think that is a legit fear, the buzz out on all those fora only enhances the anticipation of the broadcast episodes.  I don't think there's very many people who will see a small clip of a dramatic scene online who will think "Eh, I don't need to watch the show now, I've seen enough."  I think more people will want to watch the show, if only to get the diary room commentary around the incident.
  • That they'll catch holy hell because they allowed some abusive incidents to go on in the house?  Yeah, they should be afraid.  And instead of blocking the feeds, they should do something about it.

Sigh.

*Anyways, that clip always astounds me because you can see real fear in Josh's and Kevin's eyes.  You can't see Mark's face, but by his body language you can see he is absolutely enraged.  I know, that all ended peacefully, but in the moment that was real and raw and what I want to see on BB. 

Edited by HurricaneVal
I meant for there to be bullets.
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

What are they afraid of?

That whatever asshole Grodner has decided to have moony eyes for that season will be exposed as such, and we can't have our chosen favorite seen in a negative light, now can we?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

French Accent is so dumb. When they were showing the nomination ceremony at the beginning, I thought of Tiffani's imitation of French Accent doing the Nominations shown in a video above. 

So French Foreign Legion has paramilitary experience. HOH doesn't make him king.

Derek's speckled hoodie that he brushes his teeth in. One theory is that the speckled are toothpaste splatters.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Sounds like Derek F is a big ole racist. And sexist.  We all know that shit wouldn't fly if a white guy said this. 

He's a turd. I mute the TV every time he speaks.

• Love 3

I'm disappointed that we didn't get a wacky montage with clown music and a whimsical counter in the corner as they showed us all 97 versions of The Slaughterhouse alliance. Even Production is all, "we don't think they're going to last, either".

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So, Tiffany is my #1 and it isn't even close (although, I do love X...and Derex...and yeah, others).  Dumbass Frenchie wants her to throw a rogue vote to pin on..someone, I'm guessing Derex.  She says fine, but she's only saying this to him, and will tell no one else, and if anyone else comes to her saying they know it was her, she's going to blow his shit up, and he'd better know she can and will do it, and I actually believe her and am in awe in her in this conversation.  So yeah, there's going to be some fun voting tomorrow.  And I love her.

• Love 15
(edited)

What happens if Frenchie flips and the growing anti-Frenchie brigade flips to compensate? This could get wacky. I'm anticipating a late night of fun Frenchie feeds.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

What happens if Frenchie flips and those growing anti-Frenchie brigade flips to compensate? This could get wacky. I'm anticipating a late night of fun Frenchie feeds.

I think Brent has the most control over Frenchie right now.

• Love 2

Alyssa and Sarah Beth are talking. Sarah Beth knows all about The Slaughterhouse (Kyland edition) because Kyland told her about it, including the fact that Alyssa is a member. Alyssa is currently playing dumb and idk, like maybe there's, like, an all guys thing? But like, nothing with me, totally not and by the way, did you hear that Frenchie thought Christian and I were macking on each other on day 3? So this could be interesting.

Alyssa: "Do you think there are big alliances already?"
Sarah Beth: "I do."

and

Alyssa: "I'd be so embarrassed if there was a big alliance and I didn't know about it!"

I know she doesn't know that Sarah Beth knows but all this needs is wacky music and the shade rattle sound from Drag Race to make it art.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

They totally went the wrong way in their response to racism and bullying, which was to redact it from the feeds.  No matter how thorough (which we know isn't very) the pre-production vetting process is, there's no way to ferret out every nuance of every hamster's opinions and cast accordingly, so there's going to be friction and volatility and stuff happening.  Which is the point.  They're not staffing a nuclear submarine where meshing of personalities is critical to mission safety.  They're missing the opportunity to really have some good, sociologically significant honest content out there that will provoke thoughtful honest conversation. 

They think they’re protecting themselves by not showing the controversial stuff, but they’re actually making themselves look worse because now they’re just covering it up. Let us see! We’re grown people; we can handle it! (And I’m not just saying this because this is only my 2nd season on feeds and I’m jealous that I missed all the good years.)

Excellent full post, BTW.

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Derek's speckled hoodie that he brushes his teeth in. One theory is that the speckled are toothpaste splatters.

Seeing Derex in his omnipresent speckled hoodie is starting to give me flashbacks to Kevin and his constant sad yellow blanket.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm disappointed that we didn't get a wacky montage with clown music and a whimsical counter in the corner as they showed us all 97 versions of The Slaughterhouse alliance. Even Production is all, "we don't think they're going to last, either".

Yeah. We also could have used more of the whiplash strategizing: “Keep Alyssa. I mean Kyland. No, Alyssa. That is to say, Kyland. Or…” They did provide a decent glimpse of the overall French Bulldog lunacy, though.

1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

Dumbass Frenchie wants her to throw a rogue vote to pin on..someone, I'm guessing Derex.  She says fine, but she's only saying this to him, and will tell no one else, and if anyone else comes to her saying they know it was her, she's going to blow his shit up, and he'd better know she can and will do it, and I actually believe her and am in awe in her in this conversation.  So yeah, there's going to be some fun voting tomorrow.  And I love her.

Last night, Tiffany told Travis that she would have no problem throwing him a vote and then pinning it on Derex.  Later, she told Claire that she would not risk doing something like that. Whatever her true stance, I love her, too.

18 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Alyssa: "I'd be so embarrassed if there was a big alliance and I didn't know about it!"

I know she doesn't know that Sarah Beth knows but all this needs is wacky music and the shade rattle sound from Drag Race to make it art.

I wonder if Hannah thinks there are any alliances yet? Or does she still think it’s way too soon?

• Love 1

It sounds like Sarah Beth spooked Alyssa but because Sarah Beth played it off as Brent starting an alliance, Alyssa thinks she successfully played dumb. Also she and Christian swore to each other that if Sarah Beth says anything bad about the members of The Slaughterhouse, they can't pass it along to The Slaughterhouse because teams.

Alyssa is talking as much as Frenchie. I can't wait until she does a one-on-one with him.

Alyssa is having trouble connecting with the other women. She says that happens in real life, too. Women just don’t like her. Christian says it’s because they’re jealous. Of course he said that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Alyssa is basically the Cool Girl monologue from Gone Girl. It was probably a transformative moment in her life, like Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill album was for me, only I think I got the better deal. Because Alanis is amazing and Gone Girl was shit.

• Love 8

Alyssa: "And we all know that I don't know how to flirt." giggles
Christian: "Yes, we all know you can't flirt. And I know."
Alyssa: giggles
Christian: "Because I've been flirting with you all this time."
Alyssa: giggles

Jesus. End the pain, please.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO THANKFUL FOR THE BUBBLE SCREEN.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

I wish I could credit it (Reddit?), but I swear the name French Horn is perfect for He Who Botches The First HOH.

I like Tiff a lot from what I've seen, and hope she can go far.

Is Whitney doing anything lately? I totally forgot about her, and was just fine with that.

• Love 2

Now Alyssa is pouting because she was cast as the Pretty Girl and nobody likes the pretty girl? Of course, Christian assures her that she is also super smart. I hope Alyssa is putting on an act, because otherwise she’s about to follow Frenchie to the trash heap of people I once thought I liked.

• Love 3

Alyssa's transformation into Frenchie, with a raging case of Block-itis (?), is almost complete. She has now told Christian that they must protect Sarah Beth at all costs because teeeeams! but also maybe Sarah Beth will be a good pawn? Now, hear me out, this is just a hypothetical situation. There are no alliances. You're the stud bull and I'm the big fish...

• Love 1

Let’s see if I got this straight… Travis is the big fish but Christian is the OG big fish and Alyssa was briefly big fish but now she’s bait and Derex was 2nd OG big fish and he will be big fish again later and it’s important to always have a big fish. But don’t forget the OGs. Right?

Now Alyssa is plotting to tear apart any girls alliances. She says she can get in their head. (Unless they’re too jealous to listen?) She and Whitney can take down the girls.

Yep. Trash heap.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Because of something Sarah Beth said, Alyssa, Christian and Brent now know that they weren’t Frenchie’s first Slaughterhouse? And this doesn’t bother them? “It was first day, he was just excited.” Xavier just buries his face in his hat.

• LOL 4