Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

It isn't just that Sarah Beth claimed to be a voiceover artist, she was very specific and said she does ASMR videos.  Those videos are supposed to be soothing and give people tingles while the audio invokes an involuntary sensory response.

I don't find Sarah Beth's voice to be soothing.  Or tingly.  I find it annoying.

When asked to give an example of her work, she stammered out some cartoon character type voice.  Granted, she was put on the spot, but still.....if that's your job, you should be able to break out something more convincing.  She was lucky everyone was stupified by Frenchie's continuous monologueing and didn't notice the gaffe.

She would have been far better off picking Walgreens clerk with a high interest in cosplay as her fake occupation.  Or if she wanted to give herself cover in case she exposed a bit too much knowledge of chemicals and chemical reagents, she could have picked Walgreens pharmacy tech for plausible deniability in case she accidentally broke out some science-y stuff.

Personally, I think she should have just stuck with her real occupation of forensic scientist.  Having an interesting background or job just might be the edge that keeps you in the house longer, so long as you can leverage that into entertaining bored hamsters and forming if not alliances, then convivial relationships.

• Love 5

As they discuss what's yet to come, Derek F. to X:  We just have to make sure Frenchie stays calm.

Good luck with that!

Also, X told Derek F. that he'd be good with Azah winning the next HOH.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Catching up on feeds from yesterday, Frenchie really tried to explain asian hate crimes in NYC to Derek X? WTF!!!

I missed this part, but I did hear Frenchie invite Derex to have deep discussions  about his culture anytime, because Frenchie wants to learn. He’s all about the learning. And the growing.

And did you know, Frenchie was the first person in his town to have a BLM bumper sticker? And he marched in protests over George Floyd’s killing? And he strongly supports gay rights? And…

Having that kind of mindset is great. Bragging about having that kind of mindset is not. You don’t get bonus points for being, you know, a human being. I’m firmly convinced that his gay Black best friend got the job because he checked the most number of boxes on Frenchie’s Woke Chart.

1 hour ago, zorak said:

Christian to Alyssa:  The problem with Frenchie is that he's nuts.

Crap. Am I going to have to like Christian now?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
29 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I missed this part, but I did hear Frenchie invite Derex to have deep discussions  about his culture anytime, because Frenchie wants to learn. He’s all about the learning. And the growing.

And did you know, Frenchie was the first person in his town to have a BLM bumper sticker? And he marched in protests over George Floyd’s killing? And he strongly supports gay rights? And…

Having that kind of mindset is great. Bragging about having that kind of mindset is not. You don’t get bonus points for being, you know, a human being. I’m firmly convinced that his gay Black best friend got the job because he checked the most number of boxes on Frenchie’s Woke Chart.

Crap. Am I going to have to like Christian now?

Also, having a BLM sticker is great. But it's pointless if you gain power, tell everyone in the house you will not target a POC in your nominations, then proceed to do exactly that and nominate two POC. And then when those two POC noms do not, in fact, praise you for your swell choices, do NOT do what Frenchie did which is throw an all-night temper tantrum that ended by him calling one black man "aggressive."

It reminds me of people I knew who posted black squares on their social media but continue to be bigoted and shitty. 

• Love 17

I had one of those Mondays. 

From what I’ve skimmed Frenchie is going to be sorry that he didn’t actually play for the second week of safety. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Also does anyone know who is in the slaughterhouse alliance? because I have no idea...

This is what others have shared regarding alliances: 

• Love 1

Just turned the feeds on.  Came in on a convo between Frenchie and Derek F.  They were talking about the Slaughterhouse alliance.  Frenchie says they need to make it "official official".  Derek F. said he thought it already was.  Frenchie said no because they weren't all in the room at the same time.  So I guess he wants to get everyone who is in Slaughterhouse together in the same room to make it "official".

Also, it sounded like Derek F. just said something about a final 2 between himself and Frenchie (not sure if that is known already or not).

Frenchie thinks right now would be the best time to gather up Slaughterhouse members.  Get them in and out in 15 seconds he said.  I think he's gone to gather them.

• Love 1

Now X and Derek F. are alone in the HOH room laughing at the absurdity of Frenchie trying to gather the whole alliance just because one person was not in the room originally.

• Love 2

Frenchie has approached two of the girls to tell them he needs them up in the HOH room so that they can make Slaughterhouse official.  I swear he also said something about needing to get it on camera.  I can't with this man.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Frenchie has approached two of the girls to tell them he needs them up in the HOH room so that they can make Slaughterhouse official.  I swear he also said something about needing to get it on camera.  I can't with this man.

His transformation into Devin is almost complete!

tumblr_n7wrndjSYU1sfjr8ao6_250.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Behold the official Slaughterhouse alliance.  They've also come up with some stupid toe tag move they want to do when someone is evicted at their hands or something.

Slaughterhouse.png

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Behold the official Slaughterhouse alliance.  They've also come up with some stupid toe tag move they want to do when someone is evicted at their hands or something.

Slaughterhouse.png

I officially don't like any of them except  X and Ky.  

• Love 1

Frenchie says he doesn't want game talk with anyone tomorrow.  He just wants one on one bonding time with people.  I doubt very much his no game talk thing will happen.

• Love 4
(edited)

How can you bond with someone if you never let them talk?

Travis noticed the camera zoomed in on him all by his lonesome in the gym so he started flexing and posing. Then he moved away andallofasuddenhejumped wow, so fast, I bet the camera is going to move to me again! The camera did not oblige him and stayed stationary. Heh.

Frenchie is losing his voice. Yay! Frenchie is going to try tea to fix it. Boo!

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Travis noticed the camera zoomed in on him all by his lonesome in the gym so he started flexing and posing. Then he moved away andallofasuddenhejumped wow, so fast, I bet the camera is going to move to me again! The camera did not oblige him and stayed stationary. Heh.

Yep.  On the block and all alone.

Travis working out alone.png

• LOL 3

In a surprise to absolutely no one, after fifteen minutes of FISH screen, we got a brief flash of the feeds and saw that Frenchie had moved absolutely nowhere in that period of time and was probably still listing all the ways Sarah Beth reminds him of his wife. To Sarah Beth. Because why not make it weird?

• LOL 6

Sarah is telling Frenchie that she's heard some people say that Alyssa would make a great perpetual pawn because she didn't really freak out.  Frenchie says she had one small freak out.

There was a lapdance?  Frenchie is sure that someone was screen recording it.  Do we know what they're talking about?

Between Claire flipping her long loose hair around the kitchen and then touching this cutting board - wait she needs to ruffle her hair again - and touch that knife and then Kyland mixing a bowl of sliced uncooked potatoes in oil and seasoning (I think) with his bare hands but without taking off the giant rings on his hands, on a scale of one to Raven's Porkchops? We're almost at BB3's Gerry's poopy hand tossed salad.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, zorak said:

Frenchie said no because they weren't all in the room at the same time.  So I guess he wants to get everyone who is in Slaughterhouse together in the same room to make it "official".

Frenchie sounds completely and utterly exhausting. He reminds me of a "friend" I had who was always embroiled in some kind of drama, and would try to get everyone together to basically confront each other. Then when you would say no to that, she'd accuse you of being cowardly and disloyal. I was SO happy when she moved far away and I "forgot" her address and phone number. (Things we put up with in our twenties but would never tolerate now!) 

I really hope people aren't steamrolled by his big personality and by habit into following him after his power is gone. That would be so annoying. It would be great if we could start concentrating on other players for a change, if he loses the ability to suck up all the energy and attention like a black hole. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, zorak said:

There was a lapdance?  Frenchie is sure that someone was screen recording it.  Do we know what they're talking about?

They played Truth or Dare last night. I believe Claire dared Kyland to give a lap dance.

When I switched to this feed for one horrifying second I thought this was about to turn into a gratitude circle (or whatever they called it) à la Gr8ful.  I am grateful that it didn't.

table.png

• LOL 3
(edited)

Okay so I had a flashing moment of brilliance(?) the other day after reading, I think it was @peachmangosteen, call Frenchie "French fry", when I laughed to myself as I thought "Frenchie's musTURD".

I debated whether or not to say anything, but you all are my people and if I cannot share this type of stupidity with my people, who can I share it with?

So, yeah. Frenchie's musturd. Boom.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • LOL 14
  • Love 8

I feel so blessed to have seen "recalculating" in its original run. And the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh times all brought a little something new to the table. They all happened within a ten minute period so you could really track the growth arc.

Frenchie said the story identically each time, right down to the voice inflections, and for awhile I had thought that my feeds were stuck in some Groundhog Day time loop and I was going to hear that story the rest of my life. When I realized he had been repeating it over and over live, I had a moment.

• LOL 8

Prank wars begin in the morning! I guess they want to get a round in before the prankmaster himself, Travis, exits the building. Tiffany plans to hide in the wicker basket in the bathroom and jump out at people. If she also says “I grouched you!” I will love her forever.

• Love 1

So maybe Alyssa and Christian are showmancing it up after all? She was huddled with Brent, talking about how she has told Christian to keep his distance for now because their association has already caused too much trouble. But she made it sound like there’s actually something between them. Also that Christian is having trouble adhering to the distance part.

If she gets HoH, she wants to nominate Hannah and Derek (don’t know which one). Hannah because she said she would choose to keep Ky over Alyssa in the eviction vote.

Aaand I have officially made too many BB posts. When I type a capital K, the first option in my predictive text is Kaysar.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)

Alyssa says she would never date Ky because he’s too nice, and so could never be the dominant one.

Tiffany thinks Ky is weird because in a game of Would You Rather.. give up the ability to orgasm or the ability to poop? Ky said he’d rather be able to poop. (He said you can always please someone else, which earned an “aw” and a drop in respect from the ladies.) Tiff doesn’t think life would be worth living without orgasm. I don’t think she’s thought the other alternative through.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 9

The women are playing matchmaker. Hannah, Alyssa, Claire, Tiffany and Whitney are present. Alyssa says Brent is closest to her type, but he’s too short. She’s physically attracted to X, but they don’t have much in common. Whitney thinks X is beautiful.

Hannah pairs Sarah Beth and Big D. Britini and Ky. Whitney and X. Azah and Brent. Claire and Travis. Herself and Derex.

Tiff says her and Claire some days, but her and Frenchie alternate days. Whaaa?

They all agree that Derek X is the best.

Ky’s birthday is tomorrow. He is/ will be 30.

The women say Travis is resigned to his fate, and is already talking about how this has been a good experience. They don’t think he is going to campaign. Someone notes that he’s only watched one season (16), so maybe he doesn’t know he’s supposed to.

• Useful 1

Azah talking to Tiffany: She says she’s struggling. She can’t be “on” all the time. Tiffany teases her about her reaction when she entered the room and saw someone (Whitney?) on her bed and all over her stuff. 

BUBBLES

Azah is complaining about someone coming back to the room every night at 4am. She says everyone else can sleep, but it’s hard for her. I guess the lights stay on until everyone’s in? If she could have someone gone, it would be him.

Azah would also like Whitney and Brent gone. (Unless Brent is who she was talking about above?) If she were making noms, it would be Brent and Derek. (X? It’s not clear.) They agree they should target guys and keep girls for now.

They want to keep the Cookout going for another 2-3 weeks.

• Love 2

Xavier tells Frenchie he’s struggling “on a man level”. He promised himself no showmances, but there are too many attractive people here. Frenchie wants to know who X has his eye on, but X won’t tell.

They both love Sarah Beth’s personality.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

The women say Travis is resigned to his fate, and is already talking about how this has been a good experience. They don’t think he is going to campaign. Someone notes that he’s only watched one season (16), so maybe he doesn’t know he’s supposed to.

Good. Tyler Trevor Travis is the perfect sacrificial freebie for Week 1 since he's a nonentity who's unlikely to suddenly become interesting in Week 2. I'm sure he'll be happier returning to whatever remote Hawaiian island he's the most attractive man on anyway.

Of course, that coin could flip a couple dozen times between now and Thursday, but hopefully this helps it land right side up.

• Love 6

Back from bubbles, it looks like everyone has gathered to wish Ky a happy birthday. Ky says he is happy everyone there was born so they could be here with him. There must have been an emotional speech; Travis is wiping his eyes.

They share bar stories/ pickup lines. Christian waits until a girl is approached by another guy, then offers to play the role of her boyfriend in order to discourage other unwanted advances. She just has to signal him if she wants him to come over. He gets signaled a lot, it seems.

Xavier and his Malaysian friend call themselves Dip and Dots. They approach girls and say “We’re Dippin Dots. Choose your flavor.”

Frenchie picked up his wife by asking her where she worked. When she asked him the same, he said “I’m a farmer. And I’d plow that, too.” 

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Frenchie picked up his wife by asking her where she worked. When she asked him the same, he said “I’m a farmer. And I’d plow that, too.” 

Gah! Brain bleach! Brain bleach!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Between that pickup line and his tattoo, I can tell Frenchie thinks he was put on this earth to please the ladies. Yuck. Maybe he didn't look like a weasel in his twenties.

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So maybe Alyssa and Christian are showmancing it up after all? She was huddled with Brent, talking about how she has told Christian to keep his distance for now because their association has already caused too much trouble. But she made it sound like there’s actually something between them. Also that Christian is having trouble adhering to the distance part.

So before I turned off the feeds last night at one point Alyssa was in the bathroom having "girl talk" with Hannah and someone else.  She was talking about how the crappy thing about being accused of being in a showmance with Christian was the fact that she felt like it's going to be really hard to get to know him as friends because of needing to keep their distance.  She said something to the effect of he said he wanted to get to know her better and she said she assumed he meant as friends because on her end, that's all she wanted with him.  But she also said how while she didn't come into the house looking for a showmance, she wouldn't be opposed to being in one if it developed naturally or something like that.

I doubt very much that Christian is strictly interested in just being her friend (since he said they are the most attractive ones in the house that would mean he finds her to be the most attractive girl).  The 2 of them have been doing over the top joking about the showmance accusation but this being the Big Brother house, just give it time until they are actually in a real showmance.  I really hope I'm wrong because I hate showmances.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Okay so I had a flashing moment of brilliance(?) the other day after reading, I think it was @peachmangosteen, call Frenchie "French fry", when I laughed to myself as I thought "Frenchie's musTURD".

I debated whether or not to say anything, but you all are my people and if I cannot share this type of stupidity with my people, who can I share it with?

So, yeah. Frenchie's musturd. Boom.

You and @peachmangosteen have given me an idea.

• LOL 2

Alright, let me give everyone my feelings on the HGs now that the first week is almost done.

Love: Azah
Like: Tiffany, Xavier, Derex, Hannah, Claire
Meh leaning towards like: Britini, Kyland
meh neutral: Christian
Meh leaning towards hate: Travis, Alyssa, Derek F, Whitney, Sarah Beth
Hate: Frenchie, Brent

• Love 7

So far no action in the House. The two bedrooms shown are the Cross room ("Cross" because of how beds are displayed) and another bedroom that is not HOH or Have Not. Azah is in this room. I think that's Kyland in the Cross room. I was thinking Travis, but he does not have a beard, and Christian is a Have Not. I kind of like Christian so far. He seems harmless.

To copy @peachmangosteen's ratings:

Love: No one yet. They have to be my ride or die from a viewer perspective and I don't feel that strongly about anyone yet.

Meeting Time now!

8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I kind of like Christian so far. He seems harmless.

I was thinking I was getting OK with Christian even though he gives me such overwhelming Victor vibes, but then he said he picks women up in bars by telling them if guys are bothering them he can help them out by pretending to be their boyfriend. Gross.

Meeting is over and Primetimer just lost a post I was typing about who I Liked, disliked, and I just had Hate left to do. To test my powers of recall:

Like: Xavier, Alyssa, Tiffani, Christian

Meh leaning to like: Claire, Hannah, Britini, Azah

Meh neutral: Kyland, Derek X, Sarah Beth

Meh leaning to hate: Brent, Whitney, Derek F, Travis

Hate: French Poodle (Frenchie)