Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Ask yourself, "Is my post on topic for this episode?" Yes --> post it.  No --> Take it elsewhere.
Ask yourself, "Have I beaten this horse again and again?" Yes --> do not post it. No --> Post it as long as it is on topic. 

• Start Topic

Luann hosts an eclectic lunch party for the ladies at her Sag Harbor home with a nude male model as the main event; Leah's frustrations with Ramona boil over; Luann and Eboni get into a heated debate that leaves everyone reeling.

A nude man and the "housewives" - they're always so good around men.   Plus side, we see Luann's Sag Harbor home.  Yet more arguing. Yes, it's the Real Housewives of New York.  

Original air date 2021.06.01

• Love 6

Romona and Sonja will be debating who called dibs first.

Luanne will be wishing she was single so she could call dibs.

Leah will be lecturing the women, especially Ramona, on how they are too old to be banging younger male models.

Eboni will play it smart and discreetly ask him if he has any available friends.

Heather will be taking notes for her podcast.

• LOL 9
(edited)

It’s time to do something about Sonja.  She is getting like Dorinda when drinking.

Does anyone here think LuAnn is acting silly always going after much younger men wherever she can find them?  She is being used for sex, or the other way around.  Is there a shortage of men in the City and Hamptons?

Edited by Hangin Out
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I actually don’t mind Garth. He seems genuine enough. Alfredo seemed like a nice person and I loved his music as well. I was not feeling the male model situation. The whole activity was too focused on his penis for obvious reasons; a) it was exposed and b) it’s RHoNY. There may have actually been a point to the activity if he kept his drape on and they created their own interpretation. I wasn’t digging the 60-second poses. I get that might be from an art school lesson but for the purposes of the scene it felt gratuitous. Especially when he went all fly eagles fly. Eek.

• Love 16
(edited)

I'm genuinely enjoying the show, minus Leah.  If there was any doubt about why everyone hates Leah it's been removed without a shadow of a doubt the past two episodes.

Why isn't Leah with her grandmother?

One thing I don't like about Heather is that she lies all of the time and she's so fake.  She says one thing to a Housewife and then something completely different to the camera.  I just can't stand that.  She's an awful liar.  I never buy anything she says.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
(edited)

I think Ramona is totally right.  Leah talks about eating ass during dinner.  She goes too far.  Ramona is allowed to say shut up, stop, I don't want to hear this.  

52 minutes ago, Marley said:

Sonja thinks she’s better then any guy I guess. Seems rude lol.

I think she's concerned with how much money a man has.  She was really harping on the fact that she doesn't want an artist, she wants a banker.  Okay there's no maybe about it it's pretty clear LOL.  

52 minutes ago, Marley said:

Remove Leah and this show would be so much better. I would even take the wack job Kelly Bensimon over Leah at this point. Even Aviva! Anyone is better then Leah. I’m blanking on someone worse then her lol.

For me only Angry Dorinda is worse.  I personally am no Jill fan either LOL.  Cindy?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think Ramona is totally right.  Leah talks about eating ass during dinner.  She goes too far.  Ramona is allowed to say shut up, stop, I don't want to hear this.  

I think she's concerned with how much money a man has.  She was really harping on the fact that she doesn't want an artist, she wants a banker.  Okay there's no maybe about it it's pretty clear LOL.  

For me only Angry Dorinda.  I personally am no Jill fan either LOL.  Cindy?

Ok sourpuss Cindy was not great but she wasn’t pushed on us as much of Leah so I may even take her over Leah. Not a Jill fan either but again would take her over Leah. She at least had something going on other then some lame press on t-shirt business lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
Just now, Marley said:

Ok sourpuss Cindy was not great but she wasn’t pushed on us as much of Leah so I may even take her over Leah. Not a Jill fan either but again would take her over Leah. She at least had something going on other then some lame press on t-shirt business lol.

I totally get what you're saying.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

When they all dress up, Sonja always looks like a homeless woman who got an amateur makeover for some kind of charitable fundraiser where she’s one of the recipients. 

I love how (when she's sober) no matter what happens she's just concentrating on eating.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

How does Leah know how often Ramona has sex?

Lu’s standards for dating are very low.

“He says, ‘Do you want to get together on Friday?’ and then on Friday, he’s there.”

”When I call him, he answers the phone.”

Sonja can’t date an artist, because she’s an artist. I think she means that she can’t date someone who might not have a steady stream of income, because she doesn’t.

Nicole’s jeans are very tight.

Can you still talk about a male model’s body parts like that these days?

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
(edited)
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu’s standards for dating are very low.

“He says, ‘Do you want to get together on Friday?’ and then on Friday, he’s there.”

”When I call him, he answers the phone.”

This.  I kept waiting for a better example and it never came.  Sad that she values having a man so much that she’ll settle for so little.  😞

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 5

Sonja is an artist, an entrepreneur, a designer of clothing and toaster ovens, a mentor to interns, a businesswoman, the owner of a Nigerian football team, a caburlesque entertainer, and, most importantly, a Morgan, lest we forget. 

She can do it all! She just does none of it well or long term.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I think it is the first time I FF'd the show starting at about the 30 minute mark.   Everything in the show was so predictable, so tedious.   Why is Heather reduced to being sort of a peacemaker to whom nobody listens.  How about talking about the downtown fashion scene or something.  Supposedly Leah is in it, although I see no evidence of it from the way she dresses, Victoria is in it, Heather worked for Diddy and Beyonce.   No, its the same old manufactured feuds.   

What Leah was doing there to begin with, what with the state of her grandmother, I'll never know.  Couldn't miss the chance to be on camera?

• Love 20

I feel like Bravo rushed production of all the Housewife shows to make up for lost time during the shutdown. In New York’s case I wish they had waited because the show is pure crap. Leah is awful, they should have shopped for a replacement early on. 
I like Eboni but I don’t think Ramona and Lu have an issue with race, I think it’s all ego as Sonja pointed out.  Lu doesn’t place that much value on her nursing degree, in fact I don’t think she wants it mentioned. To her the time she was married to the Count is what matters to her and makes her so well traveled and cultured (snobby) She shouldn’t have brought up education to Eboni. 
I did agree that Leah takes the sex talk too far constantly but she thinks she’s with these honey broads so there’s nothing wrong with it. Leahs too dumb to know when enough is enough.

• Love 14

Are these supposed to be sophisticated NY women?  They acted more like 12 year olds seeing a peepee for the first time.  And Leah, are we still to assume you are planning on becoming a conservative Jew?

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, ichbin said:

This was the first time I can remember Lu's daughter appearing in a episode and seeming like she wasn't hating every minute of it.  Does Victoria know Leah?  The way they were greeting and hugging one another at Lu's house made it look like have spent time together already.  

Leah continues to do her best to destroy this franchise.  Every time she goes off in huff I am happy that she will be off screen for awhile.  

It was rude of Leah and Eboni to be late due to being attended to by hairdressers and make-up artists. They should have arranged for their grooming to being earlier.  I'm sure each of them have an idea of how long it would take.   

I think Leah and Eboni being late was a try at being front and center, anyone can be on time but being late means you will be talked about, filmed a bit more than the others, etc...

Victoria and Leah did seem like they knew each other prior to this episode, a lot of things happen off camera so maybe they text a bit, hang out  in the city and roll their eyes together when talking about Lu and Garth.

I lost count how many times the word "dick" or other words for it was mentioned vs. the words, "lamb curry," was mentioned, did anyone count?  

How immature were the HW's about a nude model, they act like they had never seen a naked man before.  Ramona continues to be oddly awkward with her flirting and body movements, the guitarist scene with her telling him she like his music was cringe worthy and so was her odd feather scene at her dinner table.

Leah is crude and does not have finesse of how to say anything about sex in a polite way suitable for dinner conversation, I would not enjoy having a dinner or even a casual conversation with her and I have a potty mouth.   BTW, she has not mentioned her religious conversion at all, did she lose interest already?

Eboni has lost me a bit, if she wants to be friends with these women or anyone for that matter is not going to work if you constantly put them on the defense at every turn for no reason.  We all know how Ramona hates screaming and Lu with her class and cabaret, Sonja and her drunken antics, Eboni is never going to change any of their behaviors, putting words in their mouths and flipping the script, it is on film, we all heard and saw what really happened.  Leah has tried it and failed and still tries to poke at the OG's, it just does not work.  

• Love 20
8 hours ago, nichelle said:

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Watching that scene back, almost all were speaking with raised voices. Ramona even became frustrated, stood up and shouted. Leah was yelling when she left. The educated LuAnn at one point started shouting. Yet, the one person being called out as angry was Eboni. Are black women especially aware of when this term is used? Definitely. It's a stereotype. In general, there can be a lack of understanding and awareness of experiences of marginalized groups (ie white fragility, discomfort). And when it is raised as an issue by a member of the marginalized group, they are perceived as making everything about race when it is their actual, day to day experience.

Ok!!!
I should’ve just kept scrolling and co-signed your post. 

• Love 5

The. countess has a chip on her shoulder because she doesn't have a college education.  I think Eboni hit a nerve when she said she was the most educated person at the table which is a fact. Then LuAnn says that Eboni said she is not educated and she didn't say that. LuAnn should have said to Eboni you are right You are the most educated woman at the table. That would have taken the wind out of her sail and not caused the heated arugument that resulted in screaming and both of them being so offended. How can these women sit at a table and eat food while screaming and fighting without getting a major case of indigestion? I have no sympathy for Leah whatsoever. If her grandmother is dying why is she not there with her? Because she wants the filming time and the money that comes with it plain and simple. If this entire season is going to be screaming and fighting they might as well end this miserable show now. 

• Love 17

Someone said this last night on the live chat thread, but I have to wonder if Leah needed to be there for filming.  That if she had opted out to be with her grandmother, then she would have been breaking her contract to be at all the group events. She might have wanted the whole situation to escalate in order to get thrown out or such an issue that merited her leaving so she could be with her family. I by no means enjoy her as a cast member, but that’s one way of getting out of filming. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

Leah is so tiresome that I don't even want to post about any of my issues with her. She thrives on attention so to me, the best thing that can be done is to ignore her and hope that she goes away. (Although I'm not super hopeful about that since she seems to dominate the RHNY discussion right now on social media in general.) It does sort of remind me of Brandi. She'll get dumped from the show eventually but I don't think it'll happen this season as much as many of us would like for this to be the case.

Wrt to Eboni and Leah being late, I have sympathy for Eboni on the topic of hair (I'm in the same boat and know exactly how difficult it is) but I do think that she and Leah should have arranged to have their glam squads come earlier.  Being on time is just common courtesy. Bringing up the emancipation proclamation was totally unnecessary and irrelevant. Ramona isn't acting like she owns Eboni because she wants her to be on time. Ramona was equally annoyed at Leah for being late. This didn't have to be turned into a racial issue.

37 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Lu was gaslighting Eboni with that ‘why are you shouting? You’re so angry!’ It’s a classic technique they use when they’re losing an argument and have no other defense.  They were All getting loud. It was obvious Eboni wasn’t calling them uneducated. She was trying to demonstrate that being educated isn’t a basis for moral score keeping. As in ‘I’m the most educated, and I talk dirty sometimes too’  Luann’s insecurities caused her to latch onto that word ‘educated’ and twist it.  Honestly, It felt like a fake fight, lu’s not a good actress. She seemed to fake anger until she actually believed it. 

I don't really think that this fight came across as fake but I do agree with your other points. All of the ladies got loud at one point but Eboni is the only one who is labeled as angry. True, Luann did not specifically call Eboni an "angry black woman" but I can see how the inference was there. Why haven't Leah, Sonja or Ramona been labeled as angry during this trip? 

As for the comments about education, I wouldn't have brought it up the way that Eboni did. Maybe it would have gone down better if she'd specified that she's had more formal education. It came across a little as 'I'm up here in terms of education and the rest of you are down here.' To be clear, I don't think she meant it that way (in fact it was just the opposite) but I can see why the others might feel a little prickly about the comment.

Lmao though that Luann thinks she speaks three languages. We've all heard her French so who is she kidding?

• LOL 6
  • Love 12