Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Ask yourself, "Is my post on topic for this episode?" Yes --> post it.  No --> Take it elsewhere.
Ask yourself, "Have I beaten this horse again and again?" Yes --> do not post it. No --> Post it as long as it is on topic. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

As the saying goes, we've got to know how to read the room!   I know which of my co-workers don't mind if I share a few choice words with, but there are others that don't like it so I try to be careful when talking with them.  

Exactly!  This was just as bizarre as her 'ho' comments to the ladies.  As in, where in the hell did that come from?  Again, she's trying to be shocking and edgy.  It's not necessary.  Leah, just stop.  

I’d love to know what men would think about that ass thing Leah says.  I can’t ask mine as I know he doesn’t like the show or Andy from what he’s seen.  I doubt he would even answer me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

🤢

6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am trying to think what the conversation chain would be that would result in exclaiming loudly at the dinner table that if a man loves you he should be willing to eat your ass. 

Ha!  Well said @PrincessPurrsALot.  Now, of course, I'm wondering the same thing. 🤢

On the other hand, even edited I think I'm seeing why Leah is single.  🤨

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Ha!  Well said @PrincessPurrsALot.  Now, of course, I'm wondering the same thing. 

On the other hand, even edited I think I'm seeing why Leah is single.  🤨

And I’m seeing why her baby daddy didn’t marry her, even tho she would in one hot minute.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Hangin Out said:

I’d love to know what men would think about that ass thing Leah says.

It doesn't sound the least bit appealing or sexy to me, but hey, to each his/her own!  

• Love 5
On 6/5/2021 at 1:03 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Someone mentioned that their glam squad showed up late.  I can understand wanting to look good since they are in TV. 

I get that also. That being said, one of the refreshing things about RHONY is their willingness to be filmed “pre-glammed” and they are still gorgeous.

Eboni did allow herself to be filmed without glam (she was still gorgeous). I do understand wanting to be camera ready, especially someone who spent a significant amount of their career on camera. At the same time, she allowed herself to be filmed pre-glam. 

Bravo in the last few seasons have really broken down the “fourth wall” which needed to happen. They actually showed scenes with stars getting “glam” treatment- and didn’t pretend that all these women woke up supermodel gorgeous.

On the other hand, Seeing a RHOBH housewife without makeup would be less likely than Kam and Kari on RHOD actually finding the Real Bigfoot without insulting him/her

• Love 5
On 6/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, chewycandy said:

It gets very tiresome very quickly for POC to deal with what they do on a daily basis. 

Why does Eboni bringing up her education trigger Luann? Aviva doing it didn’t bring out that type of reaction.

I respect the hell out of Eboni after seeing that. I have always enjoyed Luann but that? Was extremely telling about her character, plus insecurities. 

Everything you said @chewycandy! I think Luann is insecure about formal education because she doesn't have one and her kids, plus Nicole, who have some college or a 4 year degree  are artists who I seriously doubt are self supporting and not living off a trust fund. NYC is $$$$ expensive and probably do not worry about student loans and purchasing health insurance on top of rent and groceries and utilities.  

The nude painting was something Nicole & Victoria got paid to set up and throw as their art. I am not impressed. They came up w/this idea, found a bartender they knew from a friend of a friend in art circles, and catered everything. That just takes money and connections not talent. I said what I said. lol

On 6/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, Feech said:

When Ramona scolded Eboni and Leah about being late she did it to both of them. Eboni made it about being black. In fact it was about her being rude and inconsiderate and did not have a racial component as she was calling out Leah too.

Eboni has been pretty much rude and condescending since she came on. 

Eboni made it about her needs due to the time to process, and then style her hair. Those are facts not a race card. 

On 6/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, CouchTater said:

As much as it pained me to watch the argument between Eboni and Lu, it can also be a conversation starter, or at least a thought provoker.

As a Black woman living/working in a mostly white world I have often "let things slide," for a go-along-to-get-along approach.  And as I'm sure Eboni has experienced, many things are about race for me because I'm constantly having to assimilate and/or fit in.  To be fair to non-POC people, they haven't experienced what I have and maybe can't fully understand it.  But it would be helpful if my experience and perception weren't dismissed as being overreactive and inauthentic.

It's a little triggering for me to read some of the "if Eboni insists on making everything about race..." comments.  Kudos to those who have the energy to try to explain why everything is about race for some of us.

And kudos to anyone who doesn't have the experience but can acknowledge that just because they don't see/hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Maybe they just don't recognize it.  Thus, conversation.

ALL OF THIS, YES! If you have not experienced your race being weaponized against you day to day to day your life is different.  It was so refreshing that Eboni responded to Ramona explaining the extra steps she has to go through with her hair. Who knows if the stylists were late, or if the stylist was even familiar with processing and styling her hair versus Leah's.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, Bluesky said:

Eboni doesn’t need to explain “as a black woman, my hair, etc”.   We all know the differences in hair.    Like Romona said, then start earlier.  

I actually do not think for a hot second Ramona understands the differences in hair. Again, what if the stylists started late, or the stylist has never ever styled hair like Eboni's? I looked it up. East Hampton is 92% white and 2% African American/Black in racial makeup.  Probably not a lot of African American/Black salons and experience in for hire glam at Ramona's lower level from local talent, statistically. 

On 6/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, Cosmocrush said:

So Victoria, Noel and The Niece are all artists?   What does that mean?  Do they have jobs on the side (like a gallery) or do they live on trust funds and paint?  Or do they actually make a living selling their art?   

Maybe they are self proclaimed artists like Sonja (what the heck was that?) or it's like Luann and her "music career" although to be fair, The Countess does sell tickets.  

Victoria has a 4 year art related degree. Noel at least started college but I can't find anything saying he finished. I doubt their art sustains their lifestyle  and pays their bills. I think that is why Luann lost her shit, and that is her insecurity. Her precious children are from a Noble Family so f*** formal education, in Luann's mind. Connections, trust fund, speaking several languages and the appreciation of the fine arts is all they need. As it was said upthread the Countess is never far. Such a snob. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Every time I see "Married to the Mob" as Leah's business name (and WTF with that name anyway?), I find myself wishing she would try to take on one of these women:  

sewer.jpg

I would LOVE to see Drita rip her to shreds.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Excusing bad behavior and not conforming to norms because you are black is the definition of the race card.

Whats the problem with assimilation? When my grandmother came off the boat from Italy  she had to assimilate. The opposite of assimilation is segregation and separatism.

I thought the goal was to forge an equal opportunity, color blind society. But as Beverly Hills has taught us being a person “who doesn’t see color” is a horrible thing.

Eboni is only here to play the race card in the same way Leah is playing the sex card. The show would be much better without either of them.

Why not bring back Jill Zarin and Crazy Kelly?

That would be a lot more fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, janiema said:

Being late is rude. Vanity is no excuse for rudeness. Having completed a lot of courses does not always equate to being educated.

It doesn't always mean that the person has much intelligent to offer, but usually it does literally mean they're educated. As Sonja said, it's a resume thing.

In fact, while what Luanne was saying about someone speaking different languages was a sign of education, I couldn't help but wonder if when she said that she was naturally picturing someone like herself, an English-native speaker who'd learned languages like French and Italian to some degree. That tends to get seen associated with being educated or culture. Not so much when a Mexican person speaks imperfect English or a poor Indian person speaks multiple Indian languages. 

1 hour ago, Feech said:

Excusing bad behavior and not conforming to norms because you are black is the definition of the race card.

If Eboni had claimed that Ramona was being racist for being annoyed she was late I'd see how it would be described that way, but Eboni didn't seem to be accusing Ramona of anything, just giving the kind of excuse HWs do all the time. Saying something related to race isn't automatically playing any card.

1 hour ago, Feech said:

Whats the problem with assimilation? When my grandmother came off the boat from Italy  she had to assimilate. The opposite of assimilation is segregation and separatism.

Black and Asian people don't have the same path to assimilation open to them. Eboni and Crystal follow the same basic cultural norms as anybody else. (Ironically, the closest the show came to the topic of assimilation was wrt Sutton and her Southern accent!)

The problem with "I don't see color" is that often in practice--explicitly in this case--it just means white people getting to decide when and how to talk about race, often as a problem that was solved back in the 60s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

The only thing Eboni has done is play the race card. 

She said she wasn’t going to get “white girl drunk.”

She said she wasn’t used to “hanging around a bunch of white woman” as if she had worked at BET instead of Fox.

She said Ramona couldn’t be mad at their rudeness because she was special and had special hair because she was black.

I guess Leah’s excuse was that she was having sex with her hair.

Eboni could have simply stated that they got a late start and would be just a few minutes late. She could have apologized because she was in the wrong and not make race based excuses. Race didn’t have anything to do with it unless race is the only thing anything has to do with anything.

When the only card in your deck is the race card then the game is going to get very boring very quickly.

• Love 9
On 6/2/2021 at 4:35 AM, ChitChat said:

Unfortunately it looks like the rest of the season will be one big argument.  I will be deleting the show from my DVR.  I don't need this kind of aggravation anymore.  

Me too, I think.  And with that goes the last of my Bravo programs.  Leah has completely ruined this show for me.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Everything you said @chewycandy! I think Luann is insecure about formal education because she doesn't have one and her kids, plus Nicole, who have some college or a 4 year degree  are artists who I seriously doubt are self supporting and not living off a trust fund. NYC is $$$$ expensive and probably do not worry about student loans and purchasing health insurance on top of rent and groceries and utilities.  

The nude painting was something Nicole & Victoria got paid to set up and throw as their art. I am not impressed. They came up w/this idea, found a bartender they knew from a friend of a friend in art circles, and catered everything. That just takes money and connections not talent. I said what I said. lol

Eboni made it about her needs due to the time to process, and then style her hair. Those are facts not a race card. 

ALL OF THIS, YES! If you have not experienced your race being weaponized against you day to day to day your life is different.  It was so refreshing that Eboni responded to Ramona explaining the extra steps she has to go through with her hair. Who knows if the stylists were late, or if the stylist was even familiar with processing and styling her hair versus Leah's.

I actually do not think for a hot second Ramona understands the differences in hair. Again, what if the stylists started late, or the stylist has never ever styled hair like Eboni's? I looked it up. East Hampton is 92% white and 2% African American/Black in racial makeup.  Probably not a lot of African American/Black salons and experience in for hire glam at Ramona's lower level from local talent, statistically. 

Victoria has a 4 year art related degree. Noel at least started college but I can't find anything saying he finished. I doubt their art sustains their lifestyle  and pays their bills. I think that is why Luann lost her shit, and that is her insecurity. Her precious children are from a Noble Family so f*** formal education, in Luann's mind. Connections, trust fund, speaking several languages and the appreciation of the fine arts is all they need. As it was said upthread the Countess is never far. Such a snob. 

Maybe the Count is helping the kids out.  Yes, the Countess is still a snob, but I like her for some reason.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hangin Out said:

Yes, the Countess is still a snob, but I like her for some reason.

Me too because she's entertaining as hell.  The tequilla induced fall in the bushes was hilarious.  Admiring her own show poster - alone was awesome and not in a nice way.   I laughed when she brought the pirate hookup back and tried to deny it.   Or even when she breaks the number one rule of good etiquette by pointing out everyone's faux pas, lol.   And on and on.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)

I find it very odd an attorney and former cable host would become a "Housewife."

Seems fishy to me because the former jobs would take her forward and not to this nonsense show.

OTOH her temper might indicate something that got her to this stage.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Me too because she's entertaining as hell.  The tequilla induced fall in the bushes was hilarious.  Admiring her own show poster - alone was awesome and not in a nice way.   I laughed when she brought the pirate hookup back and tried to deny it.   Or even when she breaks the number one rule of good etiquette by pointing out everyone's faux pas, lol.   And on and on.  

I also think that Luann has shown a lot of growth, which isn't always common among the Housewives (though to be fair, some of the New York women show more growth than the HW in other cities).  I think that going through what she did in getting arrested and going through rehab, etc., she has actually become a bit more introspective and a lot more authentic in front of the cameras.

That being said, she does have a lot of insecurities, which she covers up with imperiousness, and that's what happened between her and Eboni in this episode, if you ask me.  She overreacted to Eboni's comments about education, and the fight grew from there. Not her best moment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Me too, I think.  And with that goes the last of my Bravo programs.  Leah has completely ruined this show for me.  

I am only going to record and fast forward through Leah  scenes, but that probably won't work since she seems to be the new " star", at least in Andy's eyes. I hate to give this one up, it has always been my favorite and Leah has ruined it. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Maybe the Count is helping the kids out.  Yes, the Countess is still a snob, but I like her for some reason.

Me Too. I see her faults, always have, but I still like her. Just like certain friends in real life. I won't overlook cruelty or bigotry, but I don't see that in Lu. She is a snob, for sure, oddly so is Ramona, but I don't think it is fueled by hatred or racism. I do not think Lu meant to stereotype Eboni, she would have reacted the same way to anyone in that conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, janiema said:

Being late is rude. 

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They were 12 minutes behind Ramona, shit happens. 

Both are correct, IMO.  Keeping others waiting is thoughtless - give yourself more time to get ready - but it's true, sometimes it's unavoidable.   However, isn't Ramona's criticism a little hypocritical?   Over the past seventy-five years that this show has been on, isn't she  chronically late?  I seem to remember people being annoyed that she doesn't show up on time.  I think the Christmas dinner at the 21 Club (?) was one of them, in Season 1 or 2, when les enfants terribles fatally stabbed the hamburger (which probably cost $40) while on Bethenny's then-boyfriend's plate. (Oh, I miss the good old days when this show was good for a few laughs.)  If my memory is accurate, Ramona is regularly guilty of tardiness.     

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, nosedive said:

However, isn't Ramona's criticism a little hypocritical?  

Even more so because the actual hostess, Luann, didn’t give a shit and had a bunch of things laid out for the women to snack on when they arrived so Ramona’s main excuse for her behavior-that she was hungry-didn’t apply but she still went over to Ebony to tell her, not Leah who literally wasn’t dressed when they left and she said no worries to, that she didn’t understand why she had to be late. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2021 at 11:15 AM, tribeca said:

Poor Heather no one would help her with her up do, banished to the lower level then having to defend herself at the dinner table.

Making the lower level out to be some kind of dungeon has to be a bunch of bull manufactured for the sake of drama.  For heaven's sake, it is essentially a comfortably furnished private suite, not someone's basement with a folding cot squeezed in between a furnace and boxes of Christmas decorations.  What a hardship! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

“I find it very odd an attorney and formercable host would become a "Housewife."”

It isn’t that odd considering the many careers we have seen HWs have both on this and other franchises.

Eboni isn’t even the first lawyer to become a HW.

“However, isn't Ramona's criticism a little hypocritical?”

More than a little, when it comes to the issue of punctuality. She was also late to some of the charity meetings in season 2 as well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Making the lower level out to be some kind of dungeon has to be a bunch of bull manufactured for the sake of drama.  For heaven's sake, it is essentially a comfortably furnished private suite, not someone's basement with a folding cot squeezed in between a furnace and boxes of Christmas decorations.  What a hardship! 

In the Hamptons!!! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She overreacted to Eboni's comments about education, and the fight grew from there. Not her best moment. 

I think this is a mountain out of a molehill situation to me.  This happens to almost everybody.  Trigger here.  Trigger there.  Voices rise.  People get mad.  Hug and makeup!   Here's my take on the episode, sung to Old MacDonald Had a Farm:

Those mad housewives eyed a man, E-I-E-I-O
That nude man was quite well hung, E-I-E-I-O
With a penis here and a penis there
Here a dick, there a dick, oh my what a dick dick
Those mad housewives eyed a man, E-I-E-I-O

One mad housewive had enough, E-I-E-I-O
She stormed off and then came back, E-I-E-I-O
With a ho right here and a ho right there
Here a ho, there a ho, everywhere a ho ho
One mad housewive had enough, E-I-E-I-O

Those mad housewives had a spat, E-I-E-I-O
And with that spat their voices rose, E-I-E-I-O
With a trigger here and a trigger there
Here a spark, there a spark, everywhere a spark spark
Those mad housewives had a spat, E-I-E-I-O

• LOL 8
(edited)

I just rewatched the lunch scene which started the firestorm of education and race.

My takeaways based upon my rewatch and good comments on this website.

1. It did all indeed start from Leah being offended that Ramona was uncomfortable with discussing sex in a group setting (not the same thing as having sex, sometimes people have a line what is acceptable 

2. All Luann actually did at first was trying to explain where Ramona might be coming from, because she was brought up in a Catholic home in a certain time period. (I was raised in a strict Catholic home and I am 56 - I am a lapsed Catholic and have been married to a wonderful Jewish man for almost 26 year - the first husband that I met at church)…

When you are raised a certain way, these inhibitions can last a lifetime.

3. As soon as Luann said the word “education” Eboni started talking about “formal education” and who had the most academic education. Luann was referring to having your formative years of being “educated” by Catholic doctrine in the home, the environment etc. 

4. To me anyway, Eboni pounced on the word “education” (maybe a trigger for her?) and went on a rant about who was the most educated, which actually had nothing to do with the subject at hand.

5. Luann also reacted because Eboni and Luann obviously had different operational definitions of the word “education”. Without descriptors the word education is left to whoever perceives the word.

6. Luann got her hackles up and her knee-jerk reaction was to call Eboni angry, but it was very deliberate and would understandably be interpreted as the same thing as calling Eboni and angry black woman.

My conclusions:

1. Leah sucks

2. Luann is hypersensitive 

3. Eboni is a black woman with a whole different perspective and life experiences than the other women. That being said, IMHO, white people who have walked a different path than non-white people can learn so much by listening to what it is/was like to walk a whole different path. Both parties need to be open to listening to each other. Sometimes the onus of understanding the others starting point in terms of knowledge is in those who walked a harder path, because theirs is the story all need to hear. That doesn’t seem fair.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I have an option about Leah’s comment about having a man eat her ass.  It’s a subject that both male and female rappers have been using in their lyrics for a few years now.  Remember when Leah wore that dress with Lil Kim’s mug shot all over it at Sonja’s fashion show?  This is part of a lyric from one of her songs:

“He be lookin’ kind of fruity but he can still eat the booty.” —Lil’ Kim

Whether or not Leah is really into this, I think she is trying to jump on the bandwagon in her attempt to be outrageous and trendy.  She has only spoke about receiving, is she going to reciprocate if she is so sexually forward?

Sorry if this was a little vulgar, Leah is just irritating me with her thirst.  Can you imagine what her daughter will hear from her classmates about Leah’s desire for a tongue in her balloon knot?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I have an option about Leah’s comment about having a man eat her ass.  It’s a subject that both male and female rappers have been using in their lyrics for a few years now.  Remember when Leah wore that dress with Lil Kim’s mug shot all over it at Sonja’s fashion show?  This is part of a lyric from one of her songs:

Whether or not Leah is really into this, I think she is trying to jump on the bandwagon in her attempt to be outrageous and trendy.  She has only spoke about receiving, is she going to reciprocate if she is so sexually forward?

Sorry if this was a little vulgar, Leah is just irritating me with her thirst.  Can you imagine what her daughter will hear from her classmates about Leah’s desire for a tongue in her balloon knot?

If someone engages in this activity, doesn’t s/he put her/himself at risk for hepatitis? 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

If someone engages in this activity, doesn’t s/he put her/himself at risk for hepatitis? 

I’m not going to lie, I looked it up.  I couldn’t even imagine.  There are articles about how to clean, prep and discuss with the parter before engaging.  I can only shake my head.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 2

Given how Leah is hung up about being of a different generation than the other women, I assumed her her talk about anulingus was going off the “millennials eat ass” meme.

• Love 4

I imagine sex with Leah is just like everything else with Leah:

Her screaming at you, not engaging in any type of dialogue, storming off before you're finished and then telling everyone within a 10 mile radius about how inadequate you are....

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Emmeline said:

She’s a huge Lil Kim fan! Her story of getting to meet her was kind of cute. 

56 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I imagine sex with Leah is just like everything else with Leah:

Her screaming at you, not engaging in any type of dialogue, storming off before you're finished and then telling everyone within a 10 mile radius about how inadequate you are....

She wrote about her needs and requirements in her Penthouse column. 

(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, Feech said:

But what are the norms, here?

On RHoNY,  the only woman usually on time was Bethenny  (the rest have all arrived late due to everything from grooming to drunkeness to having to go downtown) so unless we now have two completely different standards, the norm on RHoNY includes women being late to the event (with Ramona, mid-event, often moving to a second location - like a serial killer! - to meet a date).

And the other norms are also clear; Eboni can scream drunken obscenities, throw dangerous objects, say cruel and abusive things to her fellow castmates - mocking their bodies and eating disorders and ages and mental capacities and children (or lack of the same) - and still meet every last norm  created by Bravo. 

I would much rather have had Ramona remember her own past tardiness, gotten a snack and hung out with Eboni, having a Ramona-style convo (usually intrusive,  always blunt,  often funny, sometimes inadvertently self-aware) about something - if nothing else, Eboni's glam process and how that worked in her career and in her private life - that's what I wish Ramona's producer had suggested she do: engage, don't walk away. Because I'm not interested in the Leah-as-star-Eboni-as-her-sidekick show, and the less the rest of the cast engages (as in connecting, not fighting) the likelier it is that's where the show will end up going.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, film noire said:

On RHoNY,  the only woman usually on time was Bethenny  (the rest have all arrived late due to everything from grooming to drunkeness to having to go downtown) so unless we now have two completely different standards, the norm on RHoNY includes women being late to the event (with Ramona, mid-event, often moving to a second location - like a serial killer! - to meet a date).

Also, I can’t say this enough but LuAnn didn’t give a shit, she had multiple things for the women to snack on and didn’t change their plans at all!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Also, seems important to note that Ramona simply told her to start earlier and, iirc, that was that. It's not like Eboni said Ramona was being insensitive or racist for not changing her attitude when Eboni said she was doing her hair. Unless she did and I'm forgetting it.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I would much rather have had Ramona remember her own past tardiness, gotten a snack and hung out with Eboni, having a Ramona-style convo (usually intrusive,  always blunt,  often funny, sometimes inadvertently self-aware) about something

I would FLOVE for Ramona to have one of her awkward, intrusive, blunt encounters with Eboni. This is where we, the viewers, would learn the most about Eboni herself. Ramona would put her on the spot for everything. She would ask uncomfortable, detailed questions about Eboni's experiences as a black woman, delve into her relationship with her ex and offer an unsolicited (perhaps offensive) opinion on where it went wrong, then she'll give her (unsolicited) advice on how to better herself as a person, and share what techniques she uses herself (which will, in all likelihood, contradict at least some, if not all, of what she said/did during the conversation).

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
48 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

... then she'll give her (unsolicited) advice on how to better herself as a person, and share what techniques she uses herself (which will, in all likelihood, contradict at least some, if not all, of what she said/did during the conversation).

LOL - so true!

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 2
On 6/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, chewycandy said:

It gets very tiresome very quickly for POC to deal with what they do on a daily basis. 

She absolutely knew what she was doing with her constant sly smiles when she said “I’m not going to go THERE” and simply saying “angry woman.”

Why does Eboni bringing up her education trigger Luann? Aviva doing it didn’t bring out that type of reaction.

Eboni was right in that no one called Leah angry. Ramona said she was being defensive and aggressive. Sonja said she was crying earlier and to leave her alone. Meanwhile Eboni is going through the same thing with her grandmother and was respectfully trying to get her point across while the others kept interrupting her. It was completely frustrating to see. I respect the hell out of Eboni after seeing that. I have always enjoyed Luann but that? Was extremely telling about her character, plus insecurities. 

On 6/2/2021 at 3:17 PM, RedDelicious said:

Eboni did. She cited the Emancipation Proclamation and said she was free and no one can tell her what to do with her time. Not properly managing your time and being late for a scheduled event is rude regardless of skin color or hair texture.

I have no problem with some racial discussions on these shows. I've wondered myself why certain Housewives on BH would label Garcelle as a bully or aggressive when she's the nicest and calmest in the cast, and there is Erika/Fox Force 5 right there. But even I'm not sure how I feel about some of Eboni's comments. She seems too serious for a trashy guilty pleasure reality show.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think the women take Eboni more seriously than they do Leah.

ETA: In other words, that’s why they don’t care that Leah is angry and raising her voice.

That's what I think too. Eboni IS an educated, intelligent and accomplished woman who can have an adult conversation. I think the women are probably used to Leah's toddler-like temper tantrums at this point. They're nothing new. When isn't Leah angry and raising her voice? Eboni on the other hand is a mature person and isn't constantly ranting and raving. She's losing her only blood relative other than her mother, and she's not taking it out on the cast. I respect that about her. 

On 6/2/2021 at 3:49 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Writing this down...sex positive=vulgar and trashy

Pretty much. I'm not crazy about "sex positive." I'm against purity culture and shaming people for being sexual beings, but people proudly sex positive often have zero rules and no decorum. 

I can see both sides with Leah and Ramona, but lean towards Ramona's view. It's true some of the others (specially Sonja) get away with A LOT of raunchy behavior without Ramona reacting. But just because Ramona has a healthy sex life, makes some sexual comments, and dresses sexy doesn’t mean she wants nonstop blunt sexual talk. Most of us have limits. For example, I'll watch risqué television shows and movies. I'll make the odd naughty joke. That doesn't mean I want to hear locker room talk when I'm at work or can't find porn gross.

It's like Brandi or Erika on Beverly Hills compared to Lisa Vanderpump or Kyle Richards. Kyle and Lisa will talk sex a little here and there (Vanderpump in particular loves a naughty joke), but they have limits and maintain some elegance.

I don't HATE Leah. There are housewives who are a lot more malicious and mean-spirited. But I don't enjoy her either. I like watching unique, glamorous, fun. Watching Leah stresses me out. I'm like Ramona. I do not care for screaming. Leah seems more fitting to something like Vanderpump Rules. I'm almost the age Leah is this season (I think), and while I still feel young, I know I would be way too old to behave the way she does. Our teen and early 20-something years are long past us, and honestly, even that young, a lot of her behavior still wouldn't fly with me. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Eboni yet. She is obviously gorgeous, one of the prettiest Housewives. I didn't blame Sonja for looking her up and down because she is just perfect looking and looks natural. She is intelligent and has lead an interesting life. Kind of an interesting choice for a Real Housewife though because even though there are so many divorcees, the vast majority of Housewives have kids and/or been wives at some point. 

Regarding the argument between LuAnn and Eboni, I agree with Heather that it seemed neither Eboni nor LuAnn were really listening to each other. I'm not sure why LuAnn was THAT offended though. I agree with Sonja. Eboni didn't say she was smarter, prettier, or better than the other women period. Was what she said the most polite when you're a guest in someone's home? No, it wasn't. But I wouldn't have thrown her out of my home either. LuAnn needed a chill pill. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1