Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Ask yourself, "Is my post on topic for this episode?" Yes --> post it.  No --> Take it elsewhere.
Ask yourself, "Have I beaten this horse again and again?" Yes --> do not post it. No --> Post it as long as it is on topic. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

My bad, I thought she said both Victoria and Noel were artists.  I know she mentioned Victoria and The Niece.  

I haven't re-watched (can't live through that screaming again) but I am pretty sure she did mention Noel by name.  I remember being surprised by it because she'd never mentioned him being interested in art before.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Feech said:

Both Leah and Eboni are very poor fits for this show. I wonder where they are going to go from here? No Berkshires since Drunkrinda is out. No big trips because of Covid. No Cabaret performances. None of the other Housewives have a pot to piss in so they are not going to their house. We have already been to Ramona and Luanns Hamptons houses so there is no where else to go.

They should have thought about this before they brought on these two losers. 

I must say I am very impressed at how beautiful Luann’s Sag Harbor home is in this episode. The view into the bay were spectacular!

I've always liked Luann's Sag Harbor house the best of all the RHNY homes.  Dorinda's Berkshire house was quirky and fun, but if I had to pick a place to live, it would be Luann's house.  It's pretty and spacious without being ridiculously huge, it has that separate guest house, and the views are spectacular.

• Love 24
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Point taken about this being a HW show. But the purpose of those seminars are so that we can all carry what we learned, or at least operate with a keener awareness, of these kinds of situations in our lives. That doesn't end when the seminar is over -- its purpose is to educate us so that we can act with that knowledge later. Intent is indeed valuable to consider, but how do we actually know what Luann's intent was? 

Just like you (general) can determine what is intended to be shade when it’s thrown, we can tell what the intent is behind the words being “thrown.” Think of it like when you’re with friends and family and there’s an inside joke or something. Others can’t pick it out. Only those familiar. We’re very familiar with LuAnn’s intent. It ain’t new. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I dunno.

I think/hope Eboni will use this new platform to do some good.

Thus far, she seems poised and rational. She doesn't get sloppy drunk or say crude things like Leah and insensitive things like Ramona. I think she'll naturally have a good reputation and people will listen to her.

Compared to all her other jobs, this job on Housewives is probably a piece of cake for her.  Sitting around and bullshitting with these crazies.  She probably goes home and laughs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Plus Montauk isn't reeeeeeeally the Hamptons. Not where any of this crowd goes anyway. Ramona's house is an hour away and Lu's is 45 minutes, without traffic. They're actually closer to Quogue than they are to Montauk 😆 but Sonja still probably wouldn't go.

• LOL 8
19 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

This!!  Yes, The Countess was back in full force this episode.  I feel like she's never very far from the surface.  

Where did she meet this Count anyway?  And, was she an RN?  Or what.

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Feech said:

Which begs the question as to where Leah or Eboni are going to entertain especially with the COVID restrictions?

Their places are large enough to host a cocktail party or lunch with the HWs.  As we've seen they can also have one or two folks over for a a totally unprompted, not planned at all, a camera crew just happens to be there, casual event. 

• LOL 10
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Plus Montauk isn't reeeeeeeally the Hamptons. Not where any of this crowd goes anyway. Ramona's house is an hour away and Lu's is 45 minutes, without traffic. They're actually closer to Quogue than they are to Montauk 😆 but Sonja still probably wouldn't go.

Just figured it was some place else to go.  Can’t go to the wineries everyday.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Mstk3000 said:

We have already been to Ramona and Luanns Hamptons houses so there is no where else to go.

How about Andy’s house?   Or any other tv Star.  Too many to mention.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • LOL 5
19 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Where did she meet this Count anyway?  And, was she an RN?  Or what.

A few years ago there was a special about Luann "Before She Was a Housewife."  If I recall correctly she decided kind of on a lark to enter an Italian beauty pageant, and did well enough to get noticed in the Italian media, which resulted in a stint as the co-host of a talk show there (even though she didn't speak the language at first).  That led to a pretty active social life and she met the Count on a ski trip (she was with another boyfriend at the time but ditched him for the Count); they got married very quickly afterwards.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mstk3000 said:

A few years ago there was a special about Luann "Before She Was a Housewife."  If I recall correctly she decided kind of on a lark to enter an Italian beauty pageant, and did well enough to get noticed in the Italian media, which resulted in a stint as the co-host of a talk show there (even though she didn't speak the language at first).  That led to a pretty active social life and she met the Count on a ski trip (she was with another boyfriend at the time but ditched him for the Count); they got married very quickly afterwards.

Thank you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think/hope Eboni will use this new platform to do some good.   I think she'll naturally have a good reputation and people will listen to her.

I thought she had a good platform on Fox.  There's where I first saw her a few years ago.  I think she was filling in for various shows at that point, and I thought she made some good points on different issues.  I lost track of her because I don't tune into the news much anymore.  This show was a very big step down for her, in my opinion.  She could do so much better in terms of her career. 

3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Intent is indeed valuable to consider, but how do we actually know what Luann's intent was? 

We don't know her intent, and that's why I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.  For me, that's only fair.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, FancyNancy said:

Just like you (general) can determine what is intended to be shade when it’s thrown, we can tell what the intent is behind the words being “thrown.” Think of it like when you’re with friends and family and there’s an inside joke or something. Others can’t pick it out. Only those familiar. We’re very familiar with LuAnn’s intent. It ain’t new. 

I wish I hadn't added that last part as it was the least important part of my post, lol, an afterthought really. 

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

I want to watch this episode again because I was multitasking while it was on and didn’t pay close attention.  But a few comments about what I remember:

I went to school for art (a long time ago) and didn’t think anything was weird or strange about having a life drawing session!  I anticipated that it might be interesting to see what the housewives would do to create an artwork observing a male body, especially since Victoria is an artist.  But the model, Victoria, and the ladies made a mockery of a traditional art activity. Victoria gave no direction before the activity. The male model allowed himself to be touched and did not carry himself in a professional manner. The ladies acted like this was a voyeur activity and then only drew his penis from what I saw. I agree with those who asked-what if the genders were switched? As it was, the session gave the wrong impression about those who do nude modeling for artists and artists who draw nude models.  

As a “white” woman, I have no problem with discussions of “race”.  I like to see different types of discussions on the show.  I want to hear how people feel in different situations. I want to see the women arguing a little bit. However, no one was listening to anyone else!  It was a great example of how not to talk about important matters. Everyone was guilty in the clip that was shown. 

I like Eboni so far. She isn’t perfect, but who is? I give her a pass, especially since she is new. 

I would like to add to what you said about Eboni...she is an accomplished independent woman who clearly knows how to navigate her way through the business world. The world she is diving into now is probably not new to her but she is having to deal with women that don't share her life experience as a woman of color. These women probably don't interact with many people of color except on a services basis. Look at their world...all white Upper East Side dinners, brunches, charity events, etc..etc..Hamptons all white parties and other social gatherings. Eboni is out numbered and let's face it, ladies like pretentious LuAnn and clueless Ramona clearly aren't "woke" and tend to let their white privilege rear its ugly head from time to time. I am guessing that Eboni had an idea of the viper's nest she was getting into but thought she was up for the challenge. I'm just impressed that she went to UNC at Chapel Hill at 16!!!

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

I've always liked Luann's Sag Harbor house the best of all the RHNY homes.  Dorinda's Berkshire house was quirky and fun, but if I had to pick a place to live, it would be Luann's house.  It's pretty and spacious without being ridiculously huge, it has that separate guest house, and the views are spectacular.

I love LuAnn's Sag Harbor house too.  Didn't they say she rented it out for awhile?   I don't miss Dorinda so much, but I will miss her Halloween and Christmas-themed parties.  She was over-the-top with it all, but it was fun to see all of the decorations.  LuAnn has an understated kind of decor, which I think is pretty.   Ramona's Hampton's house is pretty too.  It could use some contrasting colors in there, but I think that the all white look is in style.  I keep hearing how people want "clean lines."  Truthfully, I really don't even know what that means!  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

I haven't re-watched (can't live through that screaming again) but I am pretty sure she did mention Noel by name.  I remember being surprised by it because she'd never mentioned him being interested in art before.

She’s talked about it before, it made me check out his IG and that was a few years ago.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

Luann’s Sag Harbor home also looks the most comfortable and homey. It looks lived in rather than a rental property. It’s my favorite too.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

So true!  Our Noodle would rather do the deed than talk about the deed!

I've often heard this phrase - If you're doing the walking, there's no need for talking.  

Leah should take heed....Ramona keeps her love life and hook-ups assignations to herself.  However she behaves in her own bedroom is her own business, and she doesn't publicize it.  I respect that.

6 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

If it had a pool, it would be my perfect place!!  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I've often heard this phrase - If you're doing the walking, there's no need for talking.  

And there's also the saying 'Those who can, do; Those who can't, talk about it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

All hat. No Cows.

Can I just say?  I went to dinner with a friend WITH NO MASK!

Felt so strange!  Still being screened at WORK and wearing a mask.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 9

No Leah, having a lot of sex but not enjoying the spouting of vulgar language at the dinner table does not make you a hypocrite. Women have sex.  Your mother and your sainted grandmother probably experienced most of the sexual positions that you have.  But they had the good manners not to use every crude sexual word at the dinner table.  It’s like the first time kids start using the F bomb and think they are so grownup when they are just immature.  As mentioned above, what if men were filmed talking about women in that manner?

I understand that the women get paid by episode appearance, so that is probably why Leah is in the Hamptons instead of being with family.  I wouldn’t think that her clothing line was bringing in much money.  People have moved on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
(edited)

Heather has or at least she did have a home in the Berkshires. It was no Bue Stone manor but all of the housewives seemed to have a good time there except for Ramona.

Ramona was never a fan of Heather's Berkshires home at all.

I think/hope Eboni will use this new platform to do some good.

Thus far, she seems poised and rational. She doesn't get sloppy drunk or say crude things like Leah and insensitive things like Ramona. I think she'll naturally have a good reputation and people will listen to her.

I agree. I think she is doing well so far.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761197f2997e7e8c625eb7

Ramona keeps her love life and hook-ups assignations to herself.  However she behaves in her own bedroom is her own business, and she doesn't publicize it.

Given how things ended with Mario, we haven't seen any more sexay oil rubbing sessions from our Ramaoner. Which isn't a bad thing. More time to focus on the Pinot and food.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611465cf4dd0dc081651b

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Given how things ended with Mario, we haven't seen any more sexay oil rubbing sessions from our Ramaoner. Which isn't a bad thing. More time to focus on the Pinot and food.

I give Ramona credit for talking to Mario after he had the affair with the young girl.  If that was me, I doubt I’d be talking to him.  Ramona is very forgiving with everyone, but that was a real slap in the face.  She’s a saint.

• Love 8
On 6/3/2021 at 7:10 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I find myself thinking about the way these women reacted to the male model.  That was flat out harassment.  He wasn't exactly professional with his I need someone to take off my towel BS, but they acted like a bunch of preteens that had never seen a naked man before.  So good to know he fluffed a bit before getting naked.  Then Ramona only draws his genitals.  I have been in classes with models, both male and female.  When you have one minute, you typically pick something to focus on.  I have drawings of hands, legs, shoulders, face shapes, etc.  Not once did I or anyone in class do cartoon drawing of a cock and balls or comment loudly about the person's body.  What do people normally say in these classes?  "That's a beautiful angle", "Can you lift your arm higher", "We would like to focus on <____> views", and finally "thank you".  

These women really are embarrassing. 

Bet the male model was a waiter from a local restaurant.  These women are so stupid.  Like they’ve never seen one or a hundred before.  I didn’t find that funny or entertaining.  Who does Bravo think we are .. a bunch of teens?  Get with it.  This show is going down the drain and they are not trying anymore.  Find some men their age and put some love interests on to have conversation with, if it’s not too late.

• Love 5
On 6/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, chewycandy said:

Luann didn’t mention Noel by name and he hasn’t made an appearance in awhile. I wonder if they have a strained relationship since that house debacle. 

She mentioned all three are artists. There's also a recent pic of the family posted in Luann's thread. They celebrate holidays together so no apparent rift, Victoria especially appears frequently on Luann's social media.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I love Sonja's blouse, Luann's home, and the way the Eboni schooled Ramona about the time involved in the hair and makeup scene in the lower level. 

If she & Leah knew they were supposed to leave at a certain time, then maybe they should've gotten up earlier in order to be ready and not hold up the group.   Their ride was waiting, so I'm assuming they were on a schedule.  

• Love 16
On 6/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Can Ramona get a lawyer and file a cyst and disease order?

Lol!  I don’t know about Ramona but I think The Morgan Family and Chase might want to try that with Sonja.  She’s definitely not doing anything to promote Chase with her drunken rants.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

If she & Leah knew they were supposed to leave at a certain time, then maybe they should've gotten up earlier in order to be ready and not hold up the group.   Their ride was waiting, so I'm assuming they were on a schedule.  

Someone mentioned that their glam squad showed up late.  I can understand wanting to look good since they are in TV.  However, I'm sure production was tapping their fingers waiting for them to show.  Or maybe they're so used to it, they don't care.  They ended up being only 12 minutes behind Ramona.  I'm not sure if she was also running late or if she was late because she was waiting on them.  As usual, incomplete story telling on RHONY.

We saw Leah without makeup in her zoom call with Sonja during Sonja's exciting my interns need to learn how to draw a bath. you don't learn that at Wharton scene.  If I were Leah, I would want to put on makeup.  That was harsh lighting and a bad angle. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We saw Leah without makeup in her zoom call with Sonja during Sonja's exciting my interns need to learn how to draw a bath. you don't learn that at Wharton scene.  If I were Leah, I would want to put on makeup.  That was harsh lighting and a bad angle. 

Leah outside matches her inside.

Ugly.

All the makeup in the world won’t cover up her nastiness.

• Love 7
On 6/3/2021 at 7:58 PM, Feech said:

Both Leah and Eboni are very poor fits for this show. I wonder where they are going to go from here?

I think there is a big difference between Eboni and Leah.  Eboni is able to contribute to the show.  I mean she adds something, regardless if one agrees or not with what she is bringing.  Leah is simply a drain and causes derailment of anything possibly interesting which might otherwise be happening.  I  watch for the interactions between the ego-driven cast mates, not a one woman demolition show. Eboni can be a team player. Leah either doesn't know how or doesn't want to.  Is it any wonder that Leah is only at her best during one-on-one encounters where she, through default, is the center of attention of the other person she is with?  She has no place within an ensemble production.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, hypnotoad said:

Like I don't think anyone necessarily minds general sex talk at dinner but that's not at all what Leah was doing.

Exactly!  Allow me to use this analogy...I have no problem with someone at a get-together saying they have their period, but that's not the time and place to hear the intimate details regarding flow, etc. unless that is the topic all seem to have agreed upon discussing as shown by their willing engagement with the discussion.  

• Love 15
(edited)

N.Y. filmed in the fall .. you could see the orange and yellow leaves on the ground .. than did a finish rush job in the beginning of spring to get it over with as they behind schedule.  Not much thought in the episodes as they threw Leah in full force.  One trip to a winery and one trip to Greenport.  The rest in the two houses.  All during Covid.  They probably brought Heather in the last minute and gave her a bundle.  Was Heather at LuAnns house?  I don’t even remember.  They probably grabbed penis guy the last minute to film at Lu’s house and gave him a towel, thinking we all would go gaga over him.  Yuk.  Of course they loved it like they never seen one before, especially Sonja.  Maybe she gave him her phone number .. she’s so hungry.  Btw, Bethenny was filthy at times, but she said things with a joke.  Leah doesn’t joke.  She’s blah.  No humor at all.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

They probably grabbed penis guy the last minute to film at Lu’s house and gave him a towel, thinking we all would go gaga over him.  Yuk.

Yeah, it was really dumb.  They're really reaching in trying to find something for the ladies to do.  Leah's outburst of calling everybody a 'ho' was just plain bizarre.  I don't know why Eboni hangs around her so much.  As Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory once said "bitches be crazy." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Leah is Eboni‘a phony connection as they pretend to be friends in the same way Tinsley pretended to be Leah’s friend last year.

They have to find a way to introduce her to the group.

It might have been more honest if they attended a seminar that Eboni was giving….wait a minute….that’s what they are doing.

Nevermind.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Feech said:

Leah is Eboni‘s phony connection as they pretend to be friends in the same way Tinsley pretended to be Leah’s friend last year.

I'd really like for Eboni to have gotten to know the ladies without Leah right there in her ear.  I don't think that Eboni is always given the correct info from Leah, so I think she came into this group with the side eye already in place.  Who wouldn't though, if you've followed the show!

Leah's mission this season seems to be to take down Ramona and Heather.  She's nitpicking everything to death.  It's interesting to read Heather's take on what has happened so far.  She knew that Leah was going to bring up the issue of her Podcast.  Another cast member alerted her to it.  She also said that Leah took things out of context as to what she said.  At least Heather knew that she was walking into the lion's den with that dinner party.   

• Love 6

Poor Heather no one would help her with her up do, banished to the lower level then having to defend herself at the dinner table.  Wonder if she regretted coming back ?

I do understand why some don’t like Leah vulgar talk especially in certain situations like the dinner table.  Bethany could be pretty nasty with her words too but the other housewives feared her.  
  JMHO luanne was really still upset with Ebony from the bus and was waiting to argue with her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, chewycandy said:

It gets very tiresome very quickly for POC to deal with what they do on a daily basis. 

She absolutely knew what she was doing with her constant sly smiles when she said “I’m not going to go THERE” and simply saying “angry woman.”

Why does Eboni bringing up her education trigger Luann? Aviva doing it didn’t bring out that type of reaction.

Eboni was right in that no one called Leah angry. Ramona said she was being defensive and aggressive. Sonja said she was crying earlier and to leave her alone. Meanwhile Eboni is going through the same thing with her grandmother and was respectfully trying to get her point across while the others kept interrupting her. It was completely frustrating to see. I respect the hell out of Eboni after seeing that. I have always enjoyed Luann but that? Was extremely telling about her character, plus insecurities. 

I watched again.  Leah always has to have the floor.  She was whining about vertigo, then crying again about her Grandma.  Then walking back n forth for attention.  Then screaming about Ramona’s daughter.  If it’s not one thing, it’s another.  She is exhausting.  Andy likes that?  I guess he does.  What he thinks is cute or funny, we do not.  Too much of a drama Queen, and annoying.

• Love 10
On 6/2/2021 at 9:03 PM, ChitChat said:

She was a little too into it!  ;)  We can count on our Noodle to entertain us though.   I wonder if Sonja would've like the guy if LuAnn hadn't tried to set them up.  Sonja was rather rude about it.  She's looking for Mr. Money bags, so all others need not apply!

So, is this the male model's gig?  He goes to rich ladies parties and poses for them?  I wonder how much he gets paid to do that.  Must be worth it!  Those aren't exactly paintings/drawings that you're going to take home and hang up on the wall!  

Probably Andy’s neighbor.  Or a waiter.  Nice gig for just standing there.

• LOL 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, ChitChat said:

They're really reaching in trying to find something for the ladies to do. 

But wasn't everyone during this time?  When this episode was filmed (fall?) we certainly weren't entertaining or going out.   I agree it makes for a dull season though.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Hangin Out said:

She is exhausting.

I find her as exhausting as I did Bethenny, but for different reasons.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Poor Heather no one would help her with her up do, banished to the lower level then having to defend herself at the dinner table.  

What I like about Heather is how she quickly accepted that she was on the lower level and moved on, unlike LuAnn with the Fish room and the lower level!  Heather mentioned being by herself down there, but didn't make a big deal out of it.  

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

What I like about Heather is how she quickly accepted that she was on the lower level and moved on, unlike LuAnn with the Fish room and the lower level!  Heather mentioned being by herself down there, but didn't make a big deal out of it.  

Yes, it was always my impression that Heather was too 'normal' for this group.  

• Love 10

While I have a mouth that could make a sailor blush, I understand the requests to have Leah tone it down.  Most of these women are very immature in the way they talk about sex, tittering like children over the thought of anything sexual when they are all grown ass adults, most who have borne children.  So there is plenty of OTT and/or inappropriate sexual commentary.  I know more about Sonja's "pussy" than I ever hoped to.  

Thing is, many people do have conversations about sex.  And we also tend to laugh when something is inadvertently sexual. However, from what we've been shown, Leah has no sense of time or place.  Of course things are heavily edited.  I am trying to think what the conversation chain would be that would result in exclaiming loudly at the dinner table that if a man loves you he should be willing to eat your ass. 

Eboni acknowledged that she would not use that language or discuss these topics in front of Ramona.  That is the polite thing to do.  We all have topics we don't bring up in front of some people and choose our language based on circumstances.  Leah does not seem to do that.  She goes for shock value and any way to garner attention, whether good or bad.  It's exhausting. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

While I have a mouth that could make a sailor blush, I understand the requests to have Leah tone it down.  

As the saying goes, we've got to know how to read the room!   I know which of my co-workers don't mind if I share a few choice words with, but there are others that don't like it so I try to be careful when talking with them.  

25 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am trying to think what the conversation chain would be that would result in exclaiming loudly at the dinner table that if a man loves you he should be willing to eat your ass. 

Exactly!  This was just as bizarre as her 'ho' comments to the ladies.  As in, where in the hell did that come from?  Again, she's trying to be shocking and edgy.  It's not necessary.  Leah, just stop.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

This is Us also has a male model at the bachelorette party so it must be a trendy thing. 

I’ve said this before, but what the heck.  A nude guy with his schlong hanging out does not phase me, but, give me a clean shaven guy in a good suit, shoes, tie, shirt, nice watch, and I’m his. Like a doctor or lawyer would dress.  That’s sexy and classy to me.

• Love 6