Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Ask yourself, "Is my post on topic for this episode?" Yes --> post it.  No --> Take it elsewhere.
Ask yourself, "Have I beaten this horse again and again?" Yes --> do not post it. No --> Post it as long as it is on topic. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

It gets very tiresome very quickly for POC to deal with what they do on a daily basis. 

She absolutely knew what she was doing with her constant sly smiles when she said “I’m not going to go THERE” and simply saying “angry woman.”

Why does Eboni bringing up her education trigger Luann? Aviva doing it didn’t bring out that type of reaction.

Eboni was right in that no one called Leah angry. Ramona said she was being defensive and aggressive. Sonja said she was crying earlier and to leave her alone. Meanwhile Eboni is going through the same thing with her grandmother and was respectfully trying to get her point across while the others kept interrupting her. It was completely frustrating to see. I respect the hell out of Eboni after seeing that. I have always enjoyed Luann but that? Was extremely telling about her character, plus insecurities. 

Amen to all of this!!

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Mar said:

I just finished it and I now have a splitting headache and I am exhausted.Why would I want to watch a show that makes me feel this way?

Because there’s nothing else on?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

“Eboni’sand Luanne’s anger was directed at each other. Luanne was not directly involved with the other women who were shouting. Hence Luanne calling Eboni angry.”

Yes, out of all the ones who got called angry, it was Eboni.

“No wonder she is angry.”

I really don’t that is why Eboni is seen as angry, certainly as it pertains to this episode.

“Lot’s of legitimate questions that we know will not be asked.”

None of which has any real bearing on Eboni being on the show today, unless it becomes part of the show. It really has no relevance.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Feech said:

I am really impressed that Luann wasn’t “fragile” and pushed back told her to leave her house. Ramona should have done that to Leah as well.

I did not expect LuAnn reacting this way either, usually I think that, considering this group of course, she's the most careful about how she's coming off. I repeat: considering this group.

But I especially agree about Ramona, I did like Leah last season but she's being insufferable now, Ramona has had every chance to react and either she genuinely likes her or she sees the writing's on the wall regarding her future on the show so she's trying to play nice. 

Also, is it me or is Leah even more problematic than LuAnn's "angry" comment or Sonja's "my fish come in every color" spiel? Is it just me that finds Leah's conversion to Judaism way worse? It's surprising that none of the women are even questioning her reasons to convert, and so far her explanations seem incredibly superficial and stupid. And I'm not even Jewish by the way. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

“Lot’s of legitimate questions that we know will not be asked.”

None of which has any real bearing on Eboni being on the show today, unless it becomes part of the show. It really has no relevance.

It has total bearing as to helping you decide if you want to continue watching this show. 

If Eboni is only here to be a racial grievance monger who is here to lecture and school the Housewives and by extension the audience...then it is time to tell them to leave your house. And your TV.

Eboni just doesn’t seem to bring anything to the table that you would want to see. Just like Leah.

Another fail. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Why bother having different franchises when they wear the same clothes and run the same lines and stories? There has been evidence of a few dresses that have showed up on EVERY franchise, and of course, the CHA NEL earrings and other Chanel items (-aren't they concerned that the HWs will cheapen their brand?). If Leah starts shouting "just own it!" to Ramona about the plasma or her sex life or whatever other nonsense, I'm out (though I may be, after last night's episode, anyway).

Thank goodness N.Y. Is not pretentious like Beverly Hills.  I would never watch.  N.y. Is real and they show their faults.  BH is all designer clothing, jewels, etc., even if stolen.  Erika’s closet is ridiculous. It’s a store in its self.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

do think that Luann's reaction to Eboni saying she was the most educated one at the table was a little bit of white fragility on Lu's part. 

II don’t think Luanne’s reaction had anything to do with race. I think it is because she probably feels inadequate due to her lack of a four year college degree. However, she has had a lot of cultural and travel experiences in her life that I think make her quite educated in a different way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Same.  But when no one follows her she always stomps back in to yell and scream and generally disrupt everything before stomping out again. 

Exactly!  I was just coming to post the same thing.  She screams "I'm done!" and "Just leave me alone!" before stomping off.  But when she realizes that no one's following her and the cameras stayed with the group, there she is back again screaming some more that they should leave her alone.  She could not be more of an attention-seeking toddler.

And she acts as though she is the only person to have ever experienced the loss of a loved one.  I guarantee you that (with the possible exceptions of Victoria and Luann's niece) every woman there has experienced the loss of at least one grandparent, probably more.  Some of them have lost their actual parents.  If she's so broken up about it, why isn't she there with her grandmother and the rest of her family instead of creating drama in the Hamptons?  Oh right, no cameras at Grandma's.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I and others in here seem to be liking her so far.

I like Eboni too, and it was about damn time more women of color got this platform. My only problem, which isn't Eboni's fault, is how she was introduced. It seems to me that Leah and her just became acquainted (meaning, they became "friends" when filming started) and the only other person Eboni knew was LuAnn because they're part of the same circles. 

The reason why Dolores in NJ and Dorinda in NY worked was because they were actual friends with the cast so they had organic relationships. Again, this is not Eboni's fault but I just don't see any connection between her and the group, I just don't believe Eboni would hang out with them if it wasn't for the show. 

I'm very much looking forward to Bershan, does anyone know when she'll pop up? I have a good feeling about her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 2:13 PM, mjstrick said:

Wow.   So much to unpack here and I have too much anxiety after watching that to do it right now.  But I do have a question.  I am in no way making excuses for Leah, because I can't find a single redeemable thing about her, but when was this filmed?  Does anyone know?  I ignore most of her scenes so I don't know if she's mentioned whether her grandmother was in the hospital or a nursing home or at home.  If it was one of the former,  she maybe couldn't have seen her in person.  My mom had surgery last March and died alone in July in a long term care facility.   I got to see her once.    Again, not making excuses, just wondering.  I lost my mind for those months and even still a bit.  But I am not a complete whacko like Leah under normal circumstances.   

I am so, so sorry. I can not imagine your heartbreak. Sending you love.

On 6/2/2021 at 2:18 PM, janiema said:

I think they others should just start without latecomers no matter sho they are. Let the latecomers suffer. Take the power away from them.

Sometimes I wonder if the producers incentivize the HWs to show up together and on time by penalizing all of them with regard to the paycheck. Because your solution seems very obvious.

ETA: I apologize about my two posts merging. I wanted to keep the top post separate, but I didn’t wait long enough.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mar said:

I kept wondering how viewers would react if it were a group of men drawing a woman and making crude jokes and only drawing her (to quote Leah) pu##y. It was not even a bit humorous to me. Maybe I’m taking it all too seriously.

THIS - I was thinking this too.   Any man who would participate in a TV show where he was drawing lady bits would be Cancelled.    I thought it was disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Love 17

I can’t take Leah anymore - she is nails on a chalkboard annoying. Let her go back to selling her Mafia brand clothing or whatever the hell. 

Really enjoying Eboni, and loving how she very tactfully calls these women out on their BS - Leah needs to take notes bc she is so over the top dramatic. 

LuAnne implicitly called Eboni an “angry black woman” all the while pushing her. 

• Love 16

I am gay. If someone called me an angry woman (which has been done many times, but I digress...LOL), I would not jump to the conclusion that it was because I was gay. I am being educated by the comments of others, so thank you forum. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

THIS - I was thinking this too.   Any man who would participate in a TV show where he was drawing lady bits would be Cancelled.    I thought it was disgusting.

Thank you! The HW's were just doodling dicks as far as I am concerned and they could have done that from memory.

Side note, when I was in college I chose a drawing class thinking it would improve on a skill I lacked, a bowl of fruit was a challenge and I really am not that kind of an artist, the next week they were bringing in nude models, I dropped that class faster than Sonja yanked the towel off of that penis model!  Seriously, I was out of my league and I knew my skill level was not up to par, I stuck with photography and marketing classes for the duration.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mstk3000 said:

Exactly!  I was just coming to post the same thing.  She screams "I'm done!" and "Just leave me alone!" before stomping off.  But when she realizes that no one's following her and the cameras stayed with the group, there she is back again screaming some more that they should leave her alone.  She could not be more of an attention-seeking toddler.

And she acts as though she is the only person to have ever experienced the loss of a loved one.  I guarantee you that (with the possible exceptions of Victoria and Luann's niece) every woman there has experienced the loss of at least one grandparent, probably more.  Some of them have lost their actual parents.  If she's so broken up about it, why isn't she there with her grandmother and the rest of her family instead of creating drama in the Hamptons?  Oh right, no cameras at Grandma's.

She might have not been able to see Grandma because of Covid, but she could have been with her parents at a time like this.  Yes, we all went threw it .. sometimes worse, and I’m sure Bravo would have let her off for a week or so.  We all have suffered losses, not only her.  Ebony is suffering also, but you wouldn’t know it.

• Love 10

I have to defend Lu on this. Previews show Ebony crying and saying Lu said she was an angry black woman. Lu did not say that! She said she is an angry woman.  Easy to play back the tape. Eboni, honey, you're on camera. You need to stop making holemills out of mountains. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, snarts said:

Eboni brought race into the equation when she mentioned Romana's white fragility. She also misrepresented the conversation to Leah in the previews. Luann never called her an angry black woman. Eboni was angry, she did stand and raise her voice repeatedly. No one else did that except Leah who stormed off. I really don't know why Eboni took such offense to Luann's comment about Ramona growing up as a conservative Catholic. What was the point of saying she's been more formally educated than the other women if not to claim to be smarter than them??

I also don't understand why they don't get that one can like/enjoy sex yet not appreciate graphic sex talk during dinner. That's not hypocrisy, it's just manners.

Because Leah and many of her generation have to be accepted by everyone.  Isn't that what they all expect? No judgement and or standards. That's what they think they want.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Feech said:

When Ramona scolded Eboni and Leah about being late she did it to both of them. Eboni made it about being black. In fact it was about her being rude and inconsiderate and did not have a racial component as she was calling out Leah too.

Did anybody suggest it had a racial component? Yes, Ebony told her she was late because she needed more time for her hair, but it's not like she was accusing Ramona of singling her out for being black.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, chlban said:

She also used race to defend her rudeness in being late and needing to have her hair done. Ramona may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but her comment "then get up earlier" was spot on. Who are these two newbie bitches, guests in a home neither could ever afford, to behave so rudely. I am not liking Eboni. I am not yet sure if it's her or her association with Leah, whom I detest more than any current housewife, even Teresa Guiduce, or the fact that it feels like BRAVO brought her in to condescend to all the women that, warts and all, helped to make this franchise the best, back when it was the best.

Your phrasing in terms of the condescension is on the money.  Had Eboni made her statement saying she herself uses the language in question despite being highly educated it would have come off quite differently than they way she did by comparing herself in a superior way against the others at the table by declaring herself to be the most educated person there.  Even that subsequent comment to Lu about being proud of her for having been a nurse oozed condescension.  Don't even get me started on the glam squad nonsense.  She's starting to show her ass...so also starting to show she has what it takes to be a successful RH. A battle of egos.  

Leah, on the other hand, only serves to create unnecessary chaos and make obvious grabs for attention instead of drama actually involving the other cast mates.  The others are team players and she is not. Miss Covid Concern didn't seem to care about those glam squad people decked in head to foot personal protective equipment to make her look pretty at the height of a global pandemic.  

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I have to defend Lu on this. Previews show Ebony crying and saying Lu said she was an angry black woman. Lu did not say that! She said she is an angry woman.  Easy to play back the tape. Eboni, honey, you're on camera. You need to stop making holemills out of mountains. 

Yes .. I remember Lu just saying Ebony was an angry woman, period.  It was very clear.

• Love 8

“Previews show Ebony crying and saying Lu said she was an angry black woman. Lu did not say that! She said she is an angry woman.”

One doesn’t need to say all of the phrase out loud to get the point across.

“Eboni has been pretty much rude and condescending since she came on.”

Quite the opposite, actually.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Because Leah and many of her generation have to be accepted by everyone.  Isn't that what they all expect? No judgement and or standards. That's what they think they want.

Ramona made it nice and once again Leah ruined it with the sex talk.  You could see Ramona’s blood pressure rising.  Leah is one rude ignorant infant.  Andy knows shit about women.  The worse they are, the better he likes them.  That’s why I don’t watch WWHL.  It’s a filthy show that belittles women at their expense.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The. countess has a chip on her shoulder because she doesn't have a college education.  I think Eboni hit a nerve when she said she was the most educated person at the table which is a fact. Then LuAnn says that Eboni said she is not educated and she didn't say that. LuAnn should have said to Eboni you are right You are the most educated woman at the table. That would have taken the wind out of her sail and not caused the heated arugument that resulted in screaming and both of them being so offended. How can these women sit at a table and eat food while screaming and fighting without getting a major case of indigestion? I have no sympathy for Leah whatsoever. If her grandmother is dying why is she not there with her? Because she wants the filming time and the money that comes with it plain and simple. If this entire season is going to be screaming and fighting they might as well end this miserable show now. 

Lu got pissed but Eboni either misunderstood or chose to misinterpret Lu's comment about Catholic school for her own agenda.  Because a smart woman on reflection, at least, would.

7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

It's been my experience that those that talk of sex often are more likely not to be getting it as much as they claim...maybe that is what is the issue with

I miss when housewives used to just have fun....I'm not here for the 'Very Special Episode' treatment.

Yeah, exactly.

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

OH MY GOD YES !!! 

LOL it's so true.  Ramona hates screaming.  

Everyone know that!!

5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

“Education” went way off the rails. I think what Luann was initially trying to say is Ramona went to Catholic school in the 60s where the nuns would beat the shit out of you with rulers for a minor infraction, and sex terms were verboten. What I think she was trying to say is Ramona has an aversion to that type of language from her parochial school upbringing. It imploded and turned into an entirely different argument that made no sense.

This is what happened.

• Love 8

Folks,

A reminder:  Make your point and move on.  There is no need to bring up every post that disagrees with you and offer a counter argument.  Also, if you disagree, there is no need to start by saying, "No."  Your disagreement is obvious from your comment.  "No" comes off harsh and argumentative. 

Thanks!

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Did anybody suggest it had a racial component? Yes, Ebony told her she was late because she needed more time for her hair, but it's not like she was accusing Ramona of singling her out for being black.

She said you had to take more time because she had “black hair.” Isn’t that the very definition of making it about being black?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think in my state, an LPN is a two year certificate program at community college.  The conservation was about education, not intellect and Eboni clearly has the most education at the table.  

I think the whole thing started with Luann's misuse of the word "education."  She meant (in my take on the conversation as it evolved) "background/upbringing" (in terms of parochial school, conservative parenting etc.) but misstated it as "education," which irritated Eboni because she thought Luann was calling her and Leah uneducated.  So then she felt the need to point out that she's actually the most educated of the group, and things went further downhill from there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

Eboni did. She cited the Emancipation Proclamation and said she was free and no one can tell her what to do with her time. Not properly managing your time and being late for a scheduled event is rude regardless of skin color or hair texture.

But her comment about the EP was her, in a TH, saying, "I can be late if I want to be and nobody can make me feel bad about it." She wasn't saying that Ramona was annoyed at her being late because she black. 

1 minute ago, Feech said:

She said you had to take more time because she had “black hair.” Isn’t that the very definition of making it about being black?

It doesn't suggest that Ramona complaining about her being late was about Eboni being black. Ramona didn't get why they had to be all dolled-up to go to lunch. Eboni was saying she didn't like to go out without her hair in place. So it really just came down to Ramona saying, "If you need your hair a certain way, start earlier" and Eboni saying, "I'll start whenever I want."

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

It doesn't suggest that Ramona complaining about her being late was about Eboni being black. Ramona didn't get why they had to be all dolled-up to go to lunch. Eboni was saying she didn't like to go out without her hair in place. So it really just came down to Ramona saying, "If you need your hair a certain way, start earlier" and Eboni saying, "I'll start whenever I want."

Isn’t that the definition of being rude and condescending to your host who is putting you up in her multi-million dollar estate in the Hamptons?

Ramona didn’t deserve that just the way she didn’t deserve the tiki torch debacle last year.

• Love 15
Just now, Feech said:

Isn’t that the definition of being rude and condescending to your host who is putting you up in her multi-million dollar estate in the Hamptons?

Ramona didn’t deserve that just the way she didn’t deserve the tiki torch debacle last year.

Sure--but one can be rude and condescending without making it about race. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, charliesan said:

I like Eboni too, and it was about damn time more women of color got this platform. My only problem, which isn't Eboni's fault, is how she was introduced. It seems to me that Leah and her just became acquainted (meaning, they became "friends" when filming started) and the only other person Eboni knew was LuAnn because they're part of the same circles. 

The reason why Dolores in NJ and Dorinda in NY worked was because they were actual friends with the cast so they had organic relationships. Again, this is not Eboni's fault but I just don't see any connection between her and the group, I just don't believe Eboni would hang out with them if it wasn't for the show. 

If we continue to demand that every connection on the show is "organic" and every new castmember is a friend of the housewives, then only the same type of housewife will be cast again and again and not all of us want to see that.  I would prefer that the HW shows continue to branch out and cast people outside of tight social circles.

I've worked for companies where most of the hires were through recommendations or through nepotism, and they don't make for better hires, trust me!

44 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Please, no sweeping generalizations about entire generations based on one person on one show.   I have never met somebody like Leah.  She's a one in a few million.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

This show is aired 9 p.m. eastern time .. repeats of last week 8 p.m.  Children are watching Leah saying “if I was a man, I would be sucking ass”.  What is this doing to children?  It’s too much already.  Get her off.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Leah is exhausting. If someone doesn't like sex talk around the dinner table then so what. 

Shut up, Luann. Eboni didnt say you were dumb you just took it that way.

Nice to see Victoria wash her hair for once. 

You know its bad when Sonja is being the calm rational one.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I had to smile that 2 seconds after Leah stomped off in a huff they just turned the argument to something completely different (education), and then Leah stomps back to continue her sex talk argument... thinking they’re still on that topic.

I agree, but also I have to say I love your avatar!  I have a very similar-looking parlor panther.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Sure--but one can be rude and condescending without making it about race. 

Very true.

Who is going to tell Eboni that not everything is about race?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I still don’t hate Leah as much as you guys do. I wonder how many more episodes it will require.

Sonja is so sober in this episode.

I still don't either -- especially if the rip on her is about her being vulgar.  Sonja?  Bethenny?  I don't see much of a difference other than Leah's economic status.  And if it is about antics and meltdowns, this is what the whole show is about period.  

Leah is 100% right about the hypocrisy when it comes to vulgarity that is accepted and vulgarity that isn't.  

Lu, I can only hope this argument was just her attempts to create drama.  Eboni wasn't lording her education over them nor did she call them uneducated.  I mean, if she only talks about how much more educated she is, okay.  But wow, it was totally unnecessary argument where Eboni laid out why she talked about her education.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Leah as usual looked ridiculous with her outfit and shoes.

Does anyone remember Goldie Hawn's character in "Private Benjamin," when she was swanning about her fiance's chateau in an outfit just like Leah's khaki monstrosity?

Also, quoting an earlier poster: "The career of the highly educated Eboni has consistently trended downward. After her good education she became a lawyer doing substantive work. However, she chose celebrity over substance to become a opinionated talking head. (I include all talking heads in this category). Now in a further slide down she has become a Real Housewife who will probably never be taken seriously again."

Let's not forget that pesky little bankruptcy problem, which Eboni mentioned in her first episode but didn't really take responsibility for. That's the thing I give her serious side-eye about.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

“Who is going to tell Eboni that not everything is about race?”

Maybe Sutton from BH or Cam from Dallas can popover for a quick crossover and explain to her.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, backhometome said:

You know its bad when Sonja is being the calm rational one.

Rational?  I thought she looked like the senile old relative at the holiday table, off in her own world, stuffing in food while waving her arms about.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If we continue to demand that every connection on the show is "organic" and every new castmember is a friend of the housewives, then only the same type of housewife will be cast again and again and not all of us want to see that.  I would prefer that the HW shows continue to branch out and cast people outside of tight social circles.

I've worked for companies where most of the hires were through recommendations or through nepotism, and they don't make for better hires, trust me!

Please, no sweeping generalizations about entire generations based on one person on one show.   I have never met somebody like Leah.  She's a one in a few million.

Yeah. Fair enough. She is just so in your face about everything. Like stop oversharing, it's obnoxious. People don't like it. I don't blame Ramona. Just stop!

Ramona was better than I was in that moment by commenting that her 25 year old daughter has more decorum, sorry.

Edited by OdinO.
context
  • Love 9

I was pleasantly surprised by Sonja in this episode.  She didn't get drunk at LuAnn's and didn't sexually harass the model.  

I hate to say this, but I would rather have Dorinda over Leah.  Dorinda was at least entertaining and provided us with the crazy Berkshires episodes.

I continue to enjoy the shade thrown by the producers like noting that Eboni and Leah only arrived 12 minutes later than Ramona.  

• Love 14