Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Ask yourself, "Is my post on topic for this episode?" Yes --> post it.  No --> Take it elsewhere.
Ask yourself, "Have I beaten this horse again and again?" Yes --> do not post it. No --> Post it as long as it is on topic. 

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Eboni should have reminded everyone that her grandmother is at deaths door too so they could have let her use that as her excuse for ‘freaking out over everything’ as Leah did.

Another point I meant to make and skipped right on past it.

• Love 7

Ramona presented an extremely sexualized persona during her first RHONY seasons, including around her young daughter and at her daughter's school activity - I think it was a dance? Mario and Avery were often embarrassed by those antics.

Just sayin'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Leah is so tiresome that I don't even want to post about any of my issues with her. She thrives on attention so to me, the best thing that can be done is to ignore her and hope that she goes away. (Although I'm not super hopeful about that since she seems to dominate the RHNY discussion right now on social media in general.) It does sort of remind me of Brandi. She'll get dumped from the show eventually but I don't think it'll happen this season as much as many of us would like for this to be the case.

Wrt to Eboni and Leah being late, I have sympathy for Eboni on the topic of hair (I'm in the same boat and know exactly how difficult it is) but I do think that she and Leah should have arranged to have their glam squads come earlier.  Being on time is just common courtesy. Bringing up the emancipation proclamation was totally unnecessary and irrelevant. Ramona isn't acting like she owns Eboni because she wants her to be on time. Ramona was equally annoyed at Leah for being late. This didn't have to be turned into a racial issue.

I don't really think that this fight came across as fake but I do agree with your other points. All of the ladies got loud at one point but Eboni is the only one who is labeled as angry. True, Luann did not specifically call Eboni an "angry black woman" but I can see how the inference was there. Why haven't Leah, Sonja or Ramona been labeled as angry during this trip? 

As for the comments about education, I wouldn't have brought it up the way that Eboni did. Maybe it would have gone down better if she'd specified that she's had more formal education. It came across a little as 'I'm up here in terms of education and the rest of you are down here.' To be clear, I don't think she meant it that way (in fact it was just the opposite) but I can see why the others might feel a little prickly about the comment.

Lmao though that Luann thinks she speaks three languages. We've all heard her French so who is she kidding?

Education was brought up by LuAnn and Eboni let it be known that just because she uses certain words doesn’t mean she’s uneducated. Sometimes you have to put people in their place when they’re being belittling. 

On the time issue, I get it because I’m the one who’s always waiting on someone because I’m always on time, but they should t act like she’s the first to be late. They just need to keep the same energy they have for others. 12 minutes wasn’t making it breaking them.

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Ramona presented an extremely sexualized persona during her first RHONY seasons, including around her young daughter and at her daughter's school activity

And this...

7138f02f039c0c426405ce40175697ca_mezzn.j

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Someone said this last night on the live chat thread, but I have to wonder if Leah needed to be there for filming.  That if she had opted out to be with her grandmother, then she would have been breaking her contract to be at all the group events. She might have wanted the whole situation to escalate in order to get thrown out or such an issue that merited her leaving so she could be with her family. I by no means enjoy her as a cast member, but that’s one way of getting out of filming. 

Good theory, but Leah has always been like this.... grandmother dying or not... so I don’t think this was a conscious effort to be sent home... it’s just her Modus Operandi: freak out/storm off.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, amarante said:

The final fight was such almost a textbook (or video equivalent) example of how people completely miscommunicate and then escalate an argument based on erroneous perception of what was said.

Whether Ramona is or isn't being hypocritical about Leah is irrelevant. Personally I find Leah to be completely vulgar and wish she would disappear completely as she brings nothing.

However, the point that Luann was making was that she and Ramona had CATHOLIC upbringings including I would imagine attendance at a parochial school. This occurred at a particular time given and so they were absolutely brought up where that kind of explicit crude language wasn't spoken at events. 

Eboni then just misunderstood the specificity of Catholic upbringing to mean that it was a matter of "class" and "education" and people without education or class talked like that.

Luanne then became offended since Eboni was using "educated" in a very specific way - e.g. that she had the most *academic* education of all of the women. Luanne might lack academic education but given her background she is a fairly erudite sophisticated woman and she is "educated" in the broad sense of the word albeit not having formal academic credentials. 

In terms of the argument - again putting aside Ramona being or not being a hypocrite for various reasons - my personal experience is that "polite" people don't generally talk like Leah does in social settings such as dinner parties. I travel in fairly progressive non-religious non-prudish circles and I have never encountered anyone behaving like Leah. Women talk about intimate matters with their friends to share experiences or they might jokingly refer to something sexual in a larger gathering in passing but I have never attended a dinner party where someone talked about sucking ass or repeatedly talked about the size of dicks.

Thankyou for articulating exactly what I was thinking but just couldn’t be bothered typing out... it’s 11pm where I am!

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It's been said that Andy Cohen "adores Leah." He only adores her because she woke up a tired series during her first season. He also adores that she's unstable and he can manipulate her for the show's sake. Leah's pretty crafty - is she manipulating Andy right back with these ridiculous teenage dramatics?

On this latest episode she reminded me of a pouty kindergartner: "I'm can't take another minute. I'm outta here." Stomps off. Waits for camera. Doesn't get it. Stomps back into camera range. "I'm still so mad, blah blah blah."  Flails around and stomps back out.

I’ve been observing her toddler tactics too: hissy fit/storm off/no one follows/come back to re-engage.... and repeat!

Ps/ Je suis ballerine de l'abandon

• Love 12
9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I actually don’t mind Garth. He seems genuine enough. Alfredo seemed like a nice person and I loved his music as well. I was not feeling the male model situation. The whole activity was too focused on his penis for obvious reasons; a) it was exposed and b) it’s RHoNY. There may have actually been a point to the activity if he kept his drape on and they created their own interpretation. I wasn’t digging the 60-second poses. I get that might be from an art school lesson but for the purposes of the scene it felt gratuitous. Especially when he went all fly eagles fly. Eek.

What ????? They’ve never seen a penis before?  Give me a break.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Luann probably doesn’t have many healthy experiences with arguments and disagreements - look at the men she has been married to. I don’t think the way she addressed Eboni had anything at all to do with knocking her down a peg because of her race or perceived placement in the hierarchy of the group. Luann was arguing back the way she has been argued with (sorry, it’s about Tom).

Luann’s narcissism didn’t come out because Eboni is black. It came out because Luann thinks she’s the top dog and she wouldn’t take that argument from any of the women. We’ve been here how many times before? 

I thought Luann had grown past her elitism a little bit but apparently not. And she knows from the start she was no better than Sonja Tremont for example. They both married older/wealthy and lost it, except Luann has managed to hold on to her money and make more in the process. She still thinks her former status once removed makes her better than the rest of them. That and she speaks three languages 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Love 21
8 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

What ????? They’ve never seen a penis before?  Give me a break.  

No, I meant because apparently it was very large and they couldn’t control themselves at the sight of it. The entire scene became about the large penis. They should have just had a stripper because none of them have enough intellectual appreciation for an art lesson!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, nichelle said:

I really wanted Leah to go and be with her family. If she was looking for support from dear friends, she was at the wrong house. If she needed some space to grieve, she was at the wrong house. If she wanted some peace and quiet, she was popping off at the wrong house. If she wanted to have an entertaining discussion of the 'c-word' and the 'p-word' at the dinner table, she's on the wrong show.

(This is in no way an endorsement of anyone's behavior. All of it was a whole lot of loud noise)

Ebony’s grandmother was dying too, but I didn’t see her carrying on about it.  Then again, she doesn’t have to prove she’s so relavent to this show as she has already proved her worth in many aspects.

• Love 9

Heather saw no problem with trashing the other women and her time on the show, because it was "her truth?" WTF is wrong with people? And she expected to be welcomed back onto the show with open arms after dropping little bombs like there were hard drugs, we were the only people in the house, but I didn't say who brought or used them, or calling Lu out as fake. When Ramona asked her to please not talk about her on her show in the future, she refused! At least she hasn't yelled out "Holla" (yet)

Can Ramona get a lawyer and file a cyst and disease order?

• LOL 17
  • Love 6

If you are specifically calling out the black woman for things the white women have displayed w/in that same moment, that is an issue. Race is an issue and trying to act like it’s not is an issue. Now, that’s not saying that any of you here feel this way, but it’s obvious some want to act like it doesn’t exist or isn’t problematic as if we can’t see the play on words. You do not have to say angry “BLACK” woman for it to be implied. Why? Because we’re already perceived as angry and feared. She didn’t use “black” because she knew it would’ve been an issue, but she (thinking it was clever but was still seen) tried to slide it on in their when she herself was angry. 

Exactly.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

First ten minutes, Ramona is really making an effort with Leah. It’s pretty impressive, in my opinion.

And she seemed to quickly admit that she was impatient because she was hangry.

I see a lot of growth. She does seem very happy and at peace with her life. I like when the HWs value themselves even when they don’t have a man in their lives.

I think you are right about Ramona. I know I am more sympathetic to her because I detest Leah and Ramona is her favorite target. But, I feel like Ramona is really making an effort to be a better, nicer person. She seems more supportive of her actual friends too. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Same.  But when no one follows her she always stomps back in to yell and scream and generally disrupt everything before stomping out again. 

OH MY GOD YES !!! 

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

We all know how Ramona hates screaming and Lu with her class and cabaret, Sonja and her drunken antics, Eboni is never going to change any of their behaviors, putting words in their mouths and flipping the script, it is on film, we all heard and saw what really happened.  Leah has tried it and failed and still tries to poke at the OG's, it just does not work.  

LOL it's so true.  Ramona hates screaming.  

• Love 7
Just now, RedDelicious said:

Besides wasn’t it Lisa Rinna who started the whole “why are you so angry” trope with Denise? We’ve heard this line before people, on Housewives, ad nauseam.

Why bother having different franchises when they wear the same clothes and run the same lines and stories? There has been evidence of a few dresses that have showed up on EVERY franchise, and of course, the CHA NEL earrings and other Chanel items (-aren't they concerned that the HWs will cheapen their brand?). If Leah starts shouting "just own it!" to Ramona about the plasma or her sex life or whatever other nonsense, I'm out (though I may be, after last night's episode, anyway).

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, amarante said:

In terms of the argument - again putting aside Ramona being or not being a hypocrite for various reasons - my personal experience is that "polite" people don't generally talk like Leah does in social settings such as dinner parties. I travel in fairly progressive non-religious non-prudish circles and I have never encountered anyone behaving like Leah. Women talk about intimate matters with their friends to share experiences or they might jokingly refer to something sexual in a larger gathering in passing but I have never attended a dinner party where someone talked about sucking ass or repeatedly talked about the size of dicks.

I agree.  It's a very specific way of talking for very specific situations.  And being on camera and at dinner with a bunch of women you haven't known that long is definitely not one of them!

Ramona was upset with everyone for being late because she was "hungry for dinner".  But when they arrived to Luann's house did she even eat?  I saw them painting a nude model for a long time, and then dinner.  Are the women not allowed to take separate vehicles?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, snarts said:

What was the point of saying she's been more formally educated than the other women if not to claim to be smarter than them??

I can definitely understand why the women had an issue with Eboni's comment. I would have felt a little prickly about it too and think that maybe she should have specified that she's had more formal education. It was poorly phrased and I think that's why she tried to walk her comment back later in the conversation. 

As for why she brought it up in the first place, she was responding to Luann's comment of "this is about education". I think Eboni's larger point was disagreeing with the idea that this whole blow up over sex talk comes down to a person's level of education. Eboni was pointing out that education doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not a person is comfortable with this kind of sex talk. Eboni used herself as an example of someone who is educated but isn't offended by sex talk in the way that Luann and Ramona are. 

Eboni was angry, she did stand and raise her voice repeatedly. No one else did that except Leah who stormed off.

I agree that Eboni displayed signs of anger but I'm not sure that I agree that her anger or frustration was on a different scale in comparison to Leah, Ramona or Luann. As you pointed out, Leah stood up, had multuple outbursts "I'm fucking over it." "I'm so done." "Give me a fucking break." etc. The ladies were understanding about it though and gave her a pass because of her grandmother. She's going through a difficult time so she isn't saddled with the "angry" label. 

Meanwhile Eboni was understanding of Luann and Ramona's position and said so. She said she wouldn't use the words they don't like because of how they make them feel uncomfortable. Ramona was the next one at the table to started raising her voice and wagging a pointing finger because she didn't like that Eboni was explaining why she isn't on the same page they are regarding sex talk (even though Eboni acknowledged that she would refrain from using words around them that they don't like.)

When Luann brought up the idea that this was about education, Eboni further clarified why she disagreed and even when Eboni acknowledged that it doesn't make her 'technically more educated' that still wasn't enough to satisfy Luann who was by her own words, "seeing red" at that point.

Luann completely made the situation worse by saying that Eboni said things that she didn't say. She tried to claim that Eboni said they were uneducated and then she tried to claim that Eboni said she was the smartest person at the table. When Eboni defensively raised her voice to clarify, Luann started in on the volume of her voice. 

The weird thing is, I'm in agreement with Luann and Ramona about not being into Leah's sex talk and not wanting or needing it to be apart of my life. I just disagree with Luann saying that this entire thing boils down to education. I just think it boils down to personal preference. There are uneducated people who don't like sex talk and there are educated people who do. Just as there are educated people who like sex talk and there are uneducated people who do. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Besides wasn’t it Lisa Rinna who started the whole “why are you so angry” trope with Denise? We’ve heard this line before people, on Housewives, ad nauseam.

Lisa was also calling Denise out alone and not in a group full of angry women. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Garth is only a few years younger than Lu. She's 56 and he's going to be 50. So it's not like she was cradle robbing.   Sonja's jealousy is palpable. And enough about Tom being her guy. He's no prize, so why is she still fighting over him? Regardless of how short the marriage was, LuAnn still got him down the aisle which is something nobody else had been able to do. Sonja needs to take a seat. I'm surprised she dismissed the musician because of his career choice. Since when is she so picky? Was the pirate secretly a hedge fund executive? She might as well wear a sign that says: 'Will only bang for financial security'. 

Still speaking of Sonja, I loved her outfit at the nude-sketching/lamb curry lunch.  With the exception of Heather, they were all raising their voices at some point and needed to take it down a few decibels.  Eboni made the argument a race issue and I wish she hadn't gone there. If Lu asked her why she was so angry, but didn't make the same inquiry to the other women, maybe it's because she's used to them popping off, but it was out of character for Eboni to raise her voice. 

Eboni and Leah were only 16 minutes late to LuAnn's and that was because the glam squad were late getting to Ramona's. It's not like some other events throughout the RH franchise where cast members have been hours late without any remorse. 

While Leah often gets unnecessarily vulgar (which  I think she does for shock value and to appear edgy) she's right that Ramona is a hypocrite because she's fine talking about sex and acting sexual when she's in the mood. It only seems to be an issue when Leah says something. And I'm sure Avery hasn't been cloistered away in a nunnery and has been exposed to 'naughty' words. Ramona has said and done things that are far more embarrassing to Avery, then Leah talking about body parts. 

I have vertigo and what Leah was experiencing didn't seem like an episode to me. She was just emotionally overwrought and it was manifesting itself in her not feeling well.  And while I do understand she's distraught over the upcoming loss of her grandmother who's been her touchstone, I don't know why she isn't with her if she's on borrowed time.  Take a break from filming if she's as important as you claim. 

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

That scene made my blood run cold and at that moment I saw Rinna for who she is, it was a calculated line delivered with a soap opera esque mean spirited intention...Lu did not say it like that, Lu has used the word "angry" with everyone on this franchise, she has asked Sonja why she was angry, Ramona was asked why she was angry...everyone, it is just Lu's go to move when people are yelling.  

I feel for Eboni, she is in a tough spot, she joined a somewhat tight knit group, she is a woman of color, and she might have her guard up and sensitive about words but if she builds a wall now none of the HW's will have anything to do with her and very little camera time, they all learned to fight and make up and move on and stay on camera.  You cannot brow beat someone in to understanding your feelings or point of view, they are much less likely to hear what you are saying.  Eboni could be a great asset to this show if she doesn't follow Leah's lead, Leah is ridiculous.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Perhaps in the broad sense, but she did earn a LPN which is nothing to sneeze at. 

I think in my state, an LPN is a two year certificate program at community college.  The conservation was about education, not intellect and Eboni clearly has the most education at the table.  

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Heather saw no problem with trashing the other women and her time on the show, because it was "her truth?" WTF is wrong with people? And she expected to be welcomed back onto the show with open arms after dropping little bombs like there were hard drugs, we were the only people in the house, but I didn't say who brought or used them, or calling Lu out as fake. When Ramona asked her to please not talk about her on her show in the future, she refused! At least she hasn't yelled out "Holla" (yet)

Can Ramona get a lawyer and file a cyst and disease order?

Why is Heather back on the show, even as a friend of ? I don't get it. 

The Berkshires is her scene. I sorta understood it when she showed up at Dorinda's Berkshire home a few seasons back,  for a one episode at dinner. 

But this ? Sure seems contrived. 

I never liked her. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, charliesan said:

I can see why Eboni could feel triggered by the word "angry", however, I don't think LuAnn meant any racial insult, furthermore, maybe in that moment no one else got called "angry", but I'm sure that word has been thrown around this group plenty of times, plus, these women are known to call each other every other name in the book, way worse than "angry". Didn't Mario called LuAnn "the Cuntess" and hasn't she been called a "whore" for a lifetime? Hasn't Ramona been called "crazy" more than 100 times per season? And poor Sonja gets the "delusional" label every season, actually being delusional is also her entire storyline since the beginning.

My point is, I understand that Eboni can get upset but this isn't a Diversity & Inclusion seminar on a multinational company, this is a HW show where the politically incorrect and absurd reign supreme. By HW standards I think being called "angry" isn't that big of a deal. 

Again, I really don't believe Lu was trying to make a racially insensitive comment and, to me, intent is everything. Frankly, I actually think the "white fragility" comment could be more triggering to Ramona, or at least she could be put on the defensive.  

When Luann was saying something like "you don't want me to go there" (paraphrased)  I took it as "I can open up a can of racial whoop ass on you right now, but I won't because I'm on TV"  that didn't sit well with me.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 8

The sad thing is, the whole misunderstood conversation/argument has happened before on this show with Heather and Dorinda, with about the same amount of success. 

IIRC, a very drunk Dorinda, with a crumb on her lip, attempted to convey to Heather that all of her cursing could negatively affect how she is perceived as a professional businesswoman. It was poorly worded, the intentions were misinterpreted, and no one tells Holla Heather how to express herself mother-fucka. 

Maybe different perspective; Heather doesn't think freely using the "sentence enhancers" will compromise her professionalism, and Eboni, being an educated professional, is not offended by them.

At least, I think that's what was trying to be said. Less spittle and arm waving this time. But we still felt like Kristen:

dont-call-kristen-taekman-dumb

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

To some extent, I do think Lu and Eboni were talking past each other. Luann specifically talked about Ramona's "Catholic education," and that is a very specific kind of education.  But Eboni was not wrong IMO to call out the way Luann became offended because Eboni dared to suggest that in general, she has more education than Lu.  Eboni wasn't calling Luann uneducated but she was stating something factual about her own education.

That being said, neither Leah nor Eboni should be trying to convince Ramona that she doesn't have a right to dislike the constant, graphic, vulgar way that Leah talks about sex. If Ramona doesn't like it, she doesn't like it, and no amount of yammering about empowerment is going to change that. Eboni seemed to understand that but then apparently also felt like she had to defend Leah, and IMO, there was no point in her doing that. 

All of that being said, Leah is so desperate for attention and whether or not she understands it, she is desperate for Ramona's approval.  It's so transparently clear that what she thinks is edgy is really attention-seeking and IMO, she is way too old to be acting like that. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, chlban said:

This. The fake crying was disgusting. If you are so upset go be with your grandmother. But, of course, she has to be the center of attention. He family probably doesn't want her there. And please, a glam squad for Leah? To what point, so she then dresses up like a clown? Her taste in clothes is atrocious. I am so sick of her. 

That is exactly what I was thinking every time someone wrote about her not being at her grandmother's side. Leah is so desperate for attention she would make it all about her and her parents, especially the mum, have little tolerance for that. I really wish she would leave this show. She is so vulgar and I am sorry that Eboni is her "friend."

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lu has used the word "angry" with everyone on this franchise, she has asked Sonja why she was angry, Ramona was asked why she was angry...everyone, it is just Lu's go to move when people are yelling.  

Why is it wrong to assume that people are angry when they're yelling?  I do, especially if they're yelling directly at me.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Is Eboni going to turn EVERYTHING into a racial topic?  Admonishing Ramona for her 'white fragility' because she was annoyed at all the shouting and asked everything to be quiet???? WT everliving F???  So Ramona is not allowed to be annoyed by shouting because she's white???? Someone please explain, cuz it doesn't make any sense to me.

This!! Eboni is really turning me off and yes, everything is a racial topic. Even pointing out she has black girl hair and it takes her longer to get ready. Ramona was 100% right when she said "then start getting ready earlier"! She does think she's the smartest girl in the room, I think Luann getting upset was more about Eboni's overall smug attitude than just that one comment about education. She must be exhausting to be around with her constant lecturing.

Note to BRAVO: Leah and Eboni were bad choices. Maybe their casting person is the one that needs to be fired. Start over next season. 

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Why is Heather back on the show, even as a friend of ? I don't get it. 

The Berkshires is her scene. I sorta understood it when she showed up at Dorinda's Berkshire home a few seasons back,  for a one episode at dinner. 

But this ? Sure seems contrived. 

I never liked her. 

Bravo probably asked everyone and Heather was probably the only one who agreed to come back.  Let’s all face it.  Bethenny could save this show.  Maybe for a billion dollars.  I watched the old shows.  They were brilliant.  Laughter galore.

• Love 8
(edited)

I legitimately find this episode really enjoyable until the last 15 minutes, the big fight at lunch.

Ramona at the Audrey dinner to Leah:

Maybe I'm weird, and maybe it's old school, or maybe it's the way I was brought up, I was never taught to talk about sex.

Like you know, this dick is big, this dick is small, I like dick, I like to (fuck) and his (cock) is big, and she has a WP, or let's do a WAP, or whatever it's called.

I don't feel comfortable.

This is soooooooo funny LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

“Besides wasn’t it Lisa Rinna who started the whole “why are you so angry” trope with Denise?”

Its never really been a stereotype with negative connotations when applied to White women.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Just goes to show ya.  Two pages of comments.  There should be at least eight or nine by now.  Everyone is bailing, Andy.

Just now, Hangin Out said:

Just goes to show ya.  Two pages of comments.  There should be at least eight or nine by now.  Everyone is bailing, Andy.

Listen to the fans.  We all know what’s best.

• Love 13