Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m so confused by this picture. It looks like a doll whose row of hair didn’t get sewn in.  It’s like a perfect strip missing.  Is this a real picture?

In the first season he admitted to hair plugs in the front. It seems they took and have survived. He should either get a second few rows behind the first or shave the whole mess off.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Yes he should shave it off. This hair, or what's left of it, is just ridiculous. He probably thinks that he is cleverly hiding the fact that he is going bald. Nobody is going to notice it and it the hair makes him look even more amazing! (NOT)

• Like 12

Haven't watched yet, but am fascinated by the word 'assuage".  Kody has a word of the week (month), but I can't remember all from this season. "Patriarchal" is one, as is "culpable".  Any more off the top of anyone's heads? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Haven't watched yet, but am fascinated by the word 'assuage".  Kody has a word of the week (month), but I can't remember all from this season. "Patriarchal" is one, as is "culpable".  Any more off the top of anyone's heads? 

Sacrifice,  waasssttteddd 

cap in hand 

accountable ( which doesn’t  mean what he thinks it does) 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is why Kody's not unbuttoning his jacket. He's hiding a pocket sized one he uses to cram for the interviews. 

image.png.b861a56c17f120927d54b7cb490ad9d6.png

I wish they'd get some pronunciation for dummies. It rilly makes me fill like they are overpronounceenguh sometheenguhs and leaveenguh out other letters completely.  I could just be makeenguh a big dill out of notheenguh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
17 hours ago, Lurk said:

I wish they'd get some pronunciation for dummies. It rilly makes me fill like they are overpronounceenguh sometheenguhs and leaveenguh out other letters completely.  I could just be makeenguh a big dill out of notheenguh.

It's not nothing.  Robyn slurs almost everything she says and it drives me crazy.  Even in the old opening segment she said "It feels like dessiny", completely leaving out the T.  And have you ever noticed how she never pronounces "-ing" completely?  It's always "sittin", "standin", "hopin", "prayin".  Once you hear it you can't unhear it.  Same with "dill", "rill", "fill"...aside from Janelle  they could all use an elocution coach.  

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

So, in previews Kody says that he is sooooo close to not being a polygamist.  Well, if he’s only married to Robyn, how is he a polygamist?  Does he mean that he believes in it, but no longer has the calling?  Does he believe in it, but is currently with one wife until the right one comes along?  I’m confused.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, in previews Kody says that he is sooooo close to not being a polygamist.  Well, if he’s only married to Robyn, how is he a polygamist?  Does he mean that he believes in it, but no longer has the calling?  Does he believe in it, but is currently with one wife until the right one comes along?  I’m confused.  

Maybe he’s still counting good old hound dog Meri curled up at his and Robyn’s feet waiting for some crumbs.

Meri seems like she’s damned and determined to show how committed she is to staying even if she’s being told to go away…. I think she’s still trying to pretend that she never planned to leave and run off with Sam because SEE HOW LOYAL I AM… I was never going to leave, I was just protecting the family!  🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Kody Brown will be a polygamist until there is no longer any TLC money in being a polygamist.

Oh, that’s it!  He has to say that he’s still a polygamist to keep his show!  I get it now.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe Meri is just "stayin" to annoy Kody 

I believe Meri could be that petty and vindictive but what possible satisfaction could she derive from "spinnin" her wheels and eliminating her chance to get on with her life.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Maybe Kody has a bunch of pretend wives that he always wanted but never had, like all the kids Meri wanted but didn’t have. 
Listen, y’all know that if there are women who marry serial killers in prison or Charles Manson ow whoever, Kody has a chance at more sister wives.

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maybe Kody has a bunch of pretend wives that he always wanted but never had, like all the kids Meri wanted but didn’t have. 
Listen, y’all know that if there are women who marry serial killers in prison or Charles Manson ow whoever, Kody has a chance at more sister wives.

Especially to have a chance to be on tv.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

It's not nothing.  Robyn slurs almost everything she says and it drives me crazy.  Even in the old opening segment she said "It feels like dessiny", completely leaving out the T.  And have you ever noticed how she never pronounces "-ing" completely?  It's always "sittin", "standin", "hopin", "prayin".  Once you hear it you can't unhear it.  Same with "dill", "rill", "fill"...aside from Janelle  they could all use an elocution coach.  

Oh yes... the drunken or drugged sounding slurs. Thanks for the reminder!

She doesn't pronounce the "ing" but I think the one that has driven me to drink is Christine and her over-prouncing them like "eenguh" with a really hard G sound and the longer eee sound for the I. Maybe she's doing that to mock Robyn?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

The words Christine pronounces do end with a hard g sound.  Soft g is a j sound.  What i hear is Christine adding a k to the end so she pronounces it singingk.  Sometimes it sounds like singingkuh. 

• Like 9

what possible satisfaction could she derive from "spinnin" her wheels and eliminating her chance to get on with her life.

I think she has mostly gotten on with her life. All she is missing is romance/love/sex - which maybe wouldn't bother some women but it does seem to bother her. I think a big part of what keeps her with Kody is that she still genuinely loves him. I don't think it's healthy and it's so clearly not reciprocated, but God bless her, Meri didn't ever lose hope that someday Kody would find his way back to her. 

A second, and perhaps larger reason, was the show. I think Meri is smart enough to know that neither Lularoe nor the Inn would receive nearly as much business without her connection to the show and the associated social media following. I don't really get it because I don't find her particularly likable (though I don't follow her on social media so maybe she has some appeal there that I'm missing?). 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

Kootie talks about the family he lives with having this great communication…. Yeah cause you live there and are around them. Go around your other children.  It’s amazing what could happen with your relationships with them.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 5

what possible satisfaction could she derive from "spinnin" her wheels and eliminating her chance to get on with her life.

Something else occurred to me tonight, watching the 1:1s. Near the end, when Suki asked Meri about Kody considering himself to almost not be a polygamist anymore and Meri said something to the effect of "he made his decision and now I'll make mine." I wonder if this is really the only time/way Meri has ever had any power at all. Kody has said he doesn't consider himself married to Meri. But he has also said that he cannot divorce any of the wives. So maybe Meri enjoys the power of being the only one who can decide if and when their marriage ends? 

It's twisted... but it sort of fits my perspective of Meri's personality.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

I LOVE that there is a spoiler section for Kody. I am here for any receipts that prove it was him, and solely him, who caused the Family Brown to fracture. I will be looking for any info that he has accepted his destructive role instead of his usual - blaming wives.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Kody's comment about Garrison and Gabriel "getting their pencils wet" was so beyond foul.  It may be the worse thing he has ever said.  I can't imagine what the boys thought when they heard him say that- and their poor girlfriends too.   No wonder his sons don't want anything to do with him.     Second worse comment was Saint Robbyn's comments about her fat, stretch marked sister wives.    What a loving, kind couple they are.  Not,  

• Like 1
  • Applause 19
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't get it though. What man ever would want their penis compared to a pencil? I mean they're no eggplants either, but a pencil??

They wouldn't. Kody was crudely and derisively talking about his sons. Obviously he didn't care what they would think about it. Or he didn't think at all, which is very possible.

• Like 17

The phrase he wanted to use is "get his dick wet" which is beyond derisive and an exceptionally foul thing to say about your son. But ol' Kidney didn't want to say dick so he threw pencil in there which works as an extra insult.

His apology was also pathetic and insincere. You can speak to a camera when put under pressure but you've not lifted the phone to those young men in a year? Cowardly douchecanoe.

Live your best life, lads, and don't look back.

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
On 1/11/2023 at 3:58 AM, Auntie Freeze said:

His apology was also pathetic and insincere. You can speak to a camera when put under pressure but you've not lifted the phone to those young men in a year? Cowardly douchecanoe.

Live your best life, lads, and don't look back.

The saddest part, that no mother can help with, is when those kids realize they're no longer his focus. How does one go from looking up to and loving your father (who used to make some time for them) to a father who wants you gone at 18. Some men forget how important they are as fathers. Those kids will struggle between wanting to please him, to wanting to fight. Only 2 of his bio children even matter to him. If I were Robyn, I would demand he phone those kids at least every 2 weeks, even if they reject initially. They'll remember these gestures, but he's going below the belt.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
On 1/15/2023 at 4:56 AM, ginger90 said:

Didn’t Kody say the tender aged children needed him more than the teenagers, or something like that?

He had lots of tender aged children when Robyn joined the family, and he didn't seem all that concerned about them needing him...

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
On 1/9/2023 at 10:50 PM, Juniper Stark said:

I thought Krudy fucked up the common phrase “dipping your wick” and “pencil dick.” He mashed them up and failed much like he’s done with everything else he’s ever touched.

Yep. Remember several seasons ago when he kept referring to the "pink elephant in the room?"

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not sure he used the phrase "tender aged." I've heard him say "my little kids" or something like that.

He uses "tender aged" in one of the season 16 Tell-All episodes, which I only know, because I've been watching them today.

Sukanya talked to Kody, to Janelle, and to Christine (separately) about the wives choosing the kids over Kody and his Covid rules (in relation to that first Thanksgiving). Kody said something about, when kids are under 18, a mother should choose her children over her husband, but when the kids are adults, the mother should choose the husband. Sukanya said something about 18 hardly being adult. Kody used "tender aged" somewhere in there, but he meant minors, not only little ones.

• Like 6
46 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Well guys; I have just joined the Douchecanoe in the DEADLY COVID VIRUS with 99 degrees temperature.

Oh.My.Gawd.  

Actually, I tested positive for Covid yesterday.  Seriously.  I work at a retirement community in Rehab and most of those patients have COVID.  Lucky me.

I had to leave work immediately and can't go back for 7 days!  I feel just fine, just have a runny nose and some weird cough.  AND my temp is 99!

What to do, what to do....  I haven't seen the bright light at the end of the tunnel yet, so there's THAT.

Ugh.

I wanted to give you a laughy face because you're funny, but I didn't want you to think I was laughing at your COVID situation. Is this your first time? I've had it twice. Second time was definitely better than the first. Sending you good get well vibes!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

Well guys; I have just joined the Douchecanoe in the DEADLY COVID VIRUS with 99 degrees temperature.

Oh.My.Gawd.  

When it gets to 99.8, you need to drive to your local hospital, park in the parking lot, and talk a lot about not going in there.

(Seriously, I hope you don't get too sick, and that it passes quickly.)

• Like 5
  • LOL 19