Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Where Are They Now? Maja and Justin LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"Be careful!" 

Why? Why would they be careful with flayed skin that's going to get bagged, tagged, and thrown into the ocean in 20 minutes?

So it doesn't rip or stretch before it's recorded. They need to know how much skin was removed so that they can tell us. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Justin's hair no longer red? It looks brown now.

Never mind. Shitty TLC lighting.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I don’t know why someone would choose to have plastic surgery done by a bariatric doctor. Just saying.

Because it's vascular surgery, not plastic surgery.  Did you hear how many blood vessels had to be stitched up?  Then plastic surgeon can handle the details, but I doubt an average plastic surgeon is trained to go that deep and for such large areas...  surgeons tend to be narrowly specialized nowadays anyway...

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
Just now, mmecorday said:

What do they do with all that excess skin? Is it put in a landfill somewhere?

Incinerators, as all other biological waste, I would imagine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I was going to say something about COVID and not being able to get out, but no one's got on a mask, so this must be pre-COVID. That said, other than some church folks, I'd say most of my friends are all over the country and a few are international. I 'talk' to at least a couple of them everyday. Even though I am usually alone in the house, I don't feel alone because I can hardly keep up w/my online conversations and the various groups I'm in. I also don't have a problem going down the Netflix or Hulu rabbit holes by myself.She can take an easy class, join a church, volunteer, there's lots of stuff. I'm not saying it's always easy to find new people, but if she's lonely, that's on her for not making an effort.

SAME. 

I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I also live alone and recently retired. I don't know what I would do without my Primetimer Snarkers and Twitter classic film friends 

• Love 9

My sisters, my aunts, my Mom will all be continuously responsible for my weight loss.

Conspicuously absent from this list:  Maja herself.  No wonder she still looks as big as she was.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I take Flintstones vitamins! I love the taste! They're like a little nutritious snack. 

ETA: And they're actually fine for adults to take. 

I take Olly vitamins for women. A little bit of sweet gummies to start the day.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Maja can't make friends because she is a horrible person. Even if some kind person were to try to befriend her, she'd soon be running for cover. Like poor Chris-shun.

I seem to remember in her first episode, she came across as kind of charming at first blush.  Like I could see how she could make friends until they really got to know her.

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

What do they do with all that excess skin? Is it put in a landfill somewhere?

Skin grafts for burn victims.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Because it's vascular surgery, not plastic surgery.  Did you hear how many blood vessels had to be stitched up?  Then plastic surgeon can handle the details, but I doubt an average plastic surgeon is trained to go that deep and for such large areas...  surgeons tend to be narrowly specialized nowadays anyway...

There are plastic surgeons that do major skin removals.  Plastic surgeons often have other specialties which could include vascular surgery. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Buffalo Bill would have outfits for YEARS from that.

1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Justin's skin...

image.png.86d21a489cda7c541aa404c1d98185c9.png

Buffalo Bill salivating!

Are you freakin kidding me?!??!

• LOL 1
(edited)

Did I just hear Maja say that all her relatives are going to be responsible for her losing weight????  

Maja, the MsVixen family would be dying from laughter at that statement!!!!  Then that tuck into some serious calories right in front of you!

Edited by MsVixen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

"I don't think Dr. Now will be happy." 

"I want to get back on Dr. Now's good side." 

It's always about trying to manipulate Dr. Now, not actually doing what he says so that she will lose weight.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

I take Olly vitamins for women. A little bit of sweet gummies to start the day.

I take gummies, too. I like them, tho I hear you don't absorb all the vitamins from them. Don't care. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Oh so Maja is putting other people in charge of her weight loss so she can easily blame others.  COOOOOOL, good idea!  😛

That's our Maja! Why take responsibility when there are so many others to blame?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Are you freakin kidding me?!??!

HAHA!! I THOUGHT YOU HAD SEEN MY POST!

I'm gonna ask my mom if she had a daughter she secretly gave away!

No, Maja!! YOU AND ONLY YOU are responsible for your weight loss.

Prediction, she would've gained it all back in six months and everyone else will be to blame. What a waste of time she is. 

• Love 9

Well, that was a bit of word salad from Maja, but she is going back and relying on everyone else for her weight loss.  Does she expect everyone to follow her diet plan that she doesn't seem to follow or she would have lost more than 12 pound in 2 munt after the surgery.   Dis is not a good sitchuation. 

What a contrast with Justin. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

Maja's family should just lock the doors.

And turn off the phone!!!

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Unless you meet very stringent guidelines, only a few skin removals are covered by insurance (with the stomach apron, it has to hang below the genitals).  At least, that was one insurance company requirement.    The chest, arm, and other surgeries won't be covered.   

An acquaintance lost a lot of weight, and had the bat wing arms.   She consulted a plastic surgeon, and he not only wanted to do the bat arms, but a breast lift/enhancement, a butt/thigh lift, and some other stuff.   He wanted to turn a 1 hour procedure, into a 10-12 hour procedure, and do it all at the operating room at his clinic.    She said no, and decided to wear 3/4 length sleeves, and is fine with that decision.   You don't even want to know how much it would cost her for all of the things the plastic surgeon wanted to do, and the extra costs too, for medical transportation after surgery.   Also, how long she would have to be off work, and she ran her own business.    

So Maja will now blame everyone in her life for her weight gain?   

Eventually she'll be like Erica, who ate through three weight loss surgeries. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3