Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Shannon's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Can somebody explain again why these people are in pain when they're just sitting or laying down? I don't want to be mean, just curious.

Simon sounds like he's a bit fed up. Dad ain't too happy either. 

• Love 7

Someone this size does not need to be transported in the back of a minivan for a drive that long. Seriously? Who thought this would work? I am no where near this size and I would be "stove up" sitting in the back like that after an hour or two. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Must admit that the family of MsVixen would never be taking care of someone like Shannon.  How do you watch an immediate relative get to a point where they can't do anything for themselves?  MsVixen's family would have let that relative know that being in the 200s was cause for concern.

Edited by MsVixen
  • Love 5
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

They should just roll her out into the parking lot and drive away. 

I mean Dr. Now does say to excersise.. Could be helpful for her to walk/waddle after the van! 

• LOL 3
Just now, aliya said:

Can somebody explain again why these people are in pain when they're just sitting or laying down? I don't want to be mean, just curious.

Simon sounds like he's a bit fed up. Dad ain't too happy either. 

Because of their weight their entire body hurts, I can absolutely believe it.  Think of how bed sores form on pressure points - they get to a 'pre-sore' point far quicker, and their skin is stretched thin, and their joints are damaged, and they have oxygen saturation issues...  and they like as not have diabetes and could have neuropathy from uncontrolled diabetes...  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wouldn’t think that sitting on a hard floor would be comfortable for anyone of any weight for more than an hour.  So, their expectations are unreasonable. 

I do really believe she is hurting. All of that pressure, a bump on the road would intensify it. Also the cargo area wasn’t designed for humans to sit in!

• Love 9
Just now, SplashesinPuddle said:

I dont think they are allowed to help.

The crew of this show are the real MVP's without their bravery, we wouldn't have our weekly snark. One can only imagine what these brave men/women must endure. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

It takes 15.5 hours to drive from Tucson to Houston.

15.5 hours in the car with blubbering, pooping, peeing, complaining Shannon.

Simon and her dad will need a bottle of Jack Daniels each after this Journey to Hell ends.

Why not use a couple of mechanic's back creepers or a padded dolley to move her into the van? Seriously. They're like, $12 bucks each and would save so much sobbing and so many sciatic nerve paths.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

She needs to be in a bariatric ambulance. But you know that ain't happening.

So rent a cargo van and put down a mattress.

More like a Wahhambulance 

• LOL 11
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Because of their weight their entire body hurts, I can absolutely believe it.  Think of how bed sores form on pressure points - they get to a 'pre-sore' point far quicker, and their skin is stretched thin, and their joints are damaged, and they have oxygen saturation issues...  and they like as not have diabetes and could have neuropathy from uncontrolled diabetes...  

It's like they are trapped in quadruple gravitational pull.

Just now, snarkish said:

My 13 year old stumbled through the living room earlier, glanced at the TV and mumbled on her way out: "Spoiler...she'll never lose weight or get surgery...why do you even watch anymore."

Raising them right.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Must admit that the family of MsVixen would never be taking care of someone like Shannon.  How do you watch an immediate relative get to a point where they can't do anything for themselves.  MsVixen's family would have let that relative know that being in the 200s was cause for concern.

My sister from another mister! 😍

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Wollstonecraft said:

Why are the women so dang horrid? Crying like a baby.  Stick a drumstick in her mouth already.

That would shut her up. Stop in a fast food joint and and buy her about 50 dinners. She can eat her way to Houston.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

What kind of bullshit is this that we didn't see her entering the hotel room and breaking the bed?

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

It takes 15.5 hours to drive from Tucson to Houston.

15.5 hours in the car with blubbering, pooping, peeing, complaining Shannon.

Simon and her dad will need a bottle of Jack Daniels each after this Journey to Hell ends.

You underestimate the seriousness of the sitchiashun...

image.thumb.png.7b3fbed057ac35c98d767bdeceb5bc05.png

• LOL 14
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

It's like they are trapped in quadruple gravitational pull.

And it's 100% their own doing.

No one believed they would do 17 hours in one sitting...  Will they do it in 2 days or will it take 3?   Who wants to bet it will be fast food they eat on the road, and not salads but something to 'pick her up' after all the suffering?

• Love 1