Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Shannon's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Speaking of alcohol...it's probably a good thing I don't have any in the house.

Ice cream, on the other hand...

I will give her points for being a happy medium between the usual monotone drone and last week's over-the-top LARP persona.

• Love 5
(edited)

Could she stop with the "I can't give my husband what he should have" stuff?      

Those huge platters of eggs, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and everything else are making me sick.   I thought one was the husband's, but his plate is tiny, and both of the mounds of food are hers.  

Cat ear headband, and coloring?     SHe must be four.    

Jamie's progressive commercial is hysterical.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Skidding in! Eating habit: Propel water and Hot N Spicy Pork Rinds. 

I've been watching on my phone until I could get to the computer. Good Lawd, what a train wreck.

What is wrong with that husband??

• Love 3

I'm getting the impression that Shannon might have something to do with her own misery. 

Just a hunch.

OMG! That enormous mass of pale gelatinous flab where a butt should be. 

And that breakfast! I note that Simon the Enabler used an air fryer to cook it. When you're eating that much food, I'm not sure the cooking method really matters any more.

Surprised to learn they can't have normal husband/wife relations. Excuse me. I need more wine and a gallon of brain bleach.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Husband is a feeder with a fetish. I’m not here to kink shame anyone but I don’t care about how her weight loss will effect him. If he cared about her at all he would want what’s best for her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

LOL at the folding table. Y'all know cheap-ass TLC only has one and they move it around to each Poundticipant's house each episode.

Just now, DropTheSoap said:

How soon until I find her totally unlikable anyway?

You're about 17 minutes behind. 😉

Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Isn’t alcohol 7 calories per gram? Alcohol has calories. (I don’t drink alcohol but I remember this)

Only if you burn it in a beaker.  In a human body, alcohol is converted into acetaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase, and then into acetic acid by aldehyde dehydrogenase, and the said acid is then excreted by kidneys.  Bonus nugget:  depending on which dehydrogenase is faster determines whether you will have a hangover (which is excess aldehyde accumulation in the body).  If you drink so much your body can't metabolize it properly, some other mechanisms do come into play (which lead to cirrhosis of the liver eventually), but alcohol molecule by itself does not get converted into fat, as far as I remember.

I don't remember much from my biochemistry, but I do remember the basic alcohol metabolism. 🙂 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

If anyone is asking themselves, "What could be worse than an episode of this show."

The correct answer is: Coming to America 2.

Just now, Hellga said:

Only if you burn it in a beaker.  In a human body, alcohol is converted into acetaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase, and then into acetic acid by aldehyde dehydrogenase, and the said acid is then excreted by kidneys.  Bonus nugget:  depending on which dehydrogenase is faster determines whether you will have a hangover (which is excess aldehyde accumulation in the body).  If you drink so much your body can't metabolize it properly, some other mechanisms do come into play (which lead to cirrhosis of the liver eventually), but alcohol molecule by itself does not get converted into fat, as far as I remember.

I don't remember much from my biochemistry, but I do remember the basic alcohol metabolism. 🙂 

Thank you! 

• Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Can I just say here that I would never have even one of those items showcased on this Etsy ad in my home? What is this stuff? Why? 

I bought that My 600-lb Life mug from Etsy and I love it! (Noticeably absent from the commercial, of course.)

5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"My first impression was that she was a beautiful woman."

giphy.gif

He may want to schedule an appointment with his optometrist. I think he must have some sort of vision problem.

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I bought that My 600-lb Life mug from Etsy and I love it! (Noticeably absent from the commercial, of course.)

I've bought a few things from Etsy but nothing like the tat they show in that ad!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

OMG! That enormous mass of pale gelatinous flab where a butt should be. 

And that breakfast! I note that Simon the Enabler used an air fryer to cook it. When you're eating that much food, I'm not sure the cooking method really matters any more.

Surprised to learn they can't have normal husband/wife relations. Excuse me. I need more wine and a gallon of brain bleach.

Simon the Enabler!! Dead.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thank you! 

Thank Dr. Terry (Lastname I can't remember).  Our professor was an English guy who could be on this show - he couldn't have been taller than 5'2" but a lot more than that around the waist.  He used to say, alcohol metabolism for not just a professional but also a personal interest of his. 

Another one of my professors did DNA therapeutics research during the day and cocktail recipe refinement at night.   As he used to say, 'the underappreciated vitamins T, V and W'  (

Spoiler

that's tequila, vodka and whiskey

if you haven't figured it out 🙂 )  Chemistry is a hidden gem of an undergraduate major, if I do say so myself. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 5
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Does Marie Osmond sleep with eye protectors on because she can't close her eyes? Watch...she periodically squints instead of blinking.

Fun fact: I live in Utah and, of course, the Osmonds are big celebs here. I've never heard one nice thing about Marie but everyone says that Donny is super nice and a joy to be around.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
Just now, fonfereksglen said:

Me too!

Do you totally crack up every time you use it?! I do! "Nurse Grump" kills me.

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Does Marie Osmond sleep with eye protectors on because she can't close her eyes? Watch...she periodically squints instead of blinking.

I saw Marlo Thomas on an interview show a few years ago and I was transfixed by the contortions she'd make, trying to get an expression on her face. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Thank Dr. Terry (Lastname I can't remember).  Our professor was an English guy who could be on this show - he couldn't have been taller than 5'2" but a lot more than that around the waist.  He used to say, alcohol metabolism for not just a professional but also a personal interest of his. 

Another one of my professors did DNA therapeutics research during the day and cocktail recipe refinement at night.   As he used to say, 'the underappreciated vitamins T, V and W'  (

Hide contents

that's tequila, vodka and whiskey

if you haven't figured it out 🙂 )

I was wracking my brains over the T.

• Love 1