Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Shannon's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Confucius says if she makes it to Houston she gets hospitalized and put on the controlled diet, with Simon sneaking her food in...until Dr. Now throws his hands up and has enough of her by 10pm. There, episode over. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
Just now, Emkat said:

Omg noooooo! Coming to America is hilarious.  I am so excited for this!

Coming to America IS hilarious! Coming to America 2 looks like the exact opposite of that though.

I am trying not to be a horrid person, but all I can think is that she did this to herself. At 400 lbs, she could have gotten bypass almost anywhere. She could have lost weight on her own at any point before then, even if she just got to 200-something. What's the odds that she's done any of Dr Now's diet so far? 

I spent the last 5 years of my working life auditing clinical trials. I learned about diseases and conditions I'd never heard of before and I'm quite the hypochondriac and thought I knew a lot. The adults and children in these trials didn't make themselves sick. Some were suffering terribly. Knowing that, it's hard to be sympathetic toward people like Shannon.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

You know that would be a first.....patient dies on the way in for first visit! 

I don't think that would make it as an episode.  but metaphorically speaking, half of these poundticipants are already dead, it's just the blubber that's lingering and eating on the same reflexes an amoeba does...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Dr. Now, you aren't going quickly do anything with this wailing mountain of complaints. 

A mega dose of morphine might shut her up for a bit.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Spill. And 1500 is easy to do.

Thank you so much for asking. 

We went to the grocery store this afternoon and after I put nearly $200 of food into the trunk, Mr Twopper announced that the battery was dead.  His first question was are you calling Mike, his nephew from his marriage to the late great Mrs. Twopper so not really a relative, but close enough.  No, I was calling the neighbor from across the street.  You should call AAA said Mr Twopper since we pay for it and never use it.   Well, we had used it several years ago for a flat and, while the service was great, getting them on the phone was another issue.  So I call AAA and they want me to punch in my whole 16 numeral ID which is tricky as i am trying to hold my phone out of the sun and read my card and not drop the phone.  Triple A now wants to communicate by text.  I hang up because by this time we are called back by the neighbor who is en route.  Well, to make a long story short---too late, I know---he is unsuccessful at jumping us.  Meanwhile there had been enough power left for Mr Twopper to put the window down because he was hot, but there wasn't enough to get it back up and he wasn't going to leave the car.  He was going to sleep in it if he had to.   But one last attempt to jump the battery was enough to get the window back up, but not start the car.   Well, we load the neighbor's car with all my groceries including GRAPES and ORANGES and we get in his car.  Meanwhile Mr Twopper's bad leg is acting up and he is hobbling around with his cane.  On the way we stop at the neighborhood independent expensive service station we use.  They were nice enough to drive Mr T back to the grocery while the neighbor brought me home.  Fortunately, I had not bought ice cream or lots of frozen stuff.  I finally got it all unpacked.  A bit later I heard a car door and thought maybe he was home, but it was the family next door. As I was about to go back inside I saw Mr Twopper drive up.  The guy from the service station had been able to jump the car;  I guess his battery was in better shape.  They offered to sell Mr Twopper a battery, but he wasn't in the mood to wait for it.  He will take the battery our of our truck in the morning and put it in the car.  I am trying to recall when we bought the batteries.  We bought one on Mr Twopper's birthday, but I cannot recall if it was in 2019 or 18. 

We ate the pizza because it had thawed and I wanted to be fed by the name this show came on.  Mr Twopper wanted a beer.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, snarkish said:

Confucius says if she makes it to Houston she gets hospitalized and put on the controlled diet, with Simon sneaking her food in...until Dr. Now throws his hands up and has enough of her by 10pm. There, episode over. 

I wonder if they'll find bags of chips tucked away in her folds? She has plenty of hiding places.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

A mega dose of morphine might shut her up for a bit.

Bet you anything is already highly opioid tolerant because she is already on pain meds.  

• Love 3
(edited)

The Loan Depot woman needs a giant glop of conditioner on that hair of hers.  

Oh no!   Marie Osmond telling us how to lose weight again.  

10 people to move her carcass from stretcher to bed.    I hope it's a bed with a built in scale.

739 lbs.  

How many of her bottles of pills are opioids?   I'm betting quite a few. 

"I have too much to live for Doctor!"     What a crock. 

SHe didn't lose the diet, she slathered it with Mayo and ate it. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Coming to America IS hilarious! Coming to America 2 looks like the exact opposite of that though.

I weep...say it isn't so.  This is me begging....

• Love 1
Just now, ShoePrincess said:

I wonder if they'll find bags of chips tucked away in her folds? She has plenty of hiding places.

With her number of folds, she could have a couple vending machines' worth of snacks in there!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

We went to the grocery store this afternoon and after I put nearly $200 of food into the trunk, Mr Twopper announced that the battery was dead.  His first question was are you calling Mike, his nephew from his marriage to the late great Mrs. Twopper so not really a relative, but close enough.  No, I was calling the neighbor from across the street.  You should call AAA said Mr Twopper since we pay for it and never use it.   Well, we had used it several years ago for a flat and, while the service was great, getting them on the phone was another issue.  So I call AAA and they want me to punch in my whole 16 numeral ID which is tricky as i am trying to hold my phone out of the sun and read my card and not drop the phone.  Triple A now wants to communicate by text.  I hang up because by this time we are called back by the neighbor who is en route.  Well, to make a long story short---too late, I know---he is unsuccessful at jumping us.  Meanwhile there had been enough power left for Mr Twopper to put the window down because he was hot, but there wasn't enough to get it back up and he wasn't going to leave the car.  He was going to sleep in it if he had to.   But one last attempt to jump the battery was enough to get the window back up, but not start the car.   Well, we load the neighbor's car with all my groceries including GRAPES and ORANGES and we get in his car.  Meanwhile Mr Twopper's bad leg is acting up and he is hobbling around with his cane.  On the way we stop at the neighborhood independent expensive service station we use.  They were nice enough to drive Mr T back to the grocery while the neighbor brought me home.  Fortunately, I had not bought ice cream or lots of frozen stuff.  I finally got it all unpacked.  A bit later I heard a car door and thought maybe he was home, but it was the family next door. As I was about to go back inside I saw Mr Twopper drive up.  The guy from the service station had been able to jump the car;  I guess his battery was in better shape.  They offered to sell Mr Twopper a battery, but he wasn't in the mood to wait for it.  He will take the battery our of our truck in the morning and put it in the car.  I am trying to recall when we bought the batteries.  We bought one on Mr Twopper's birthday, but I cannot recall if it was in 2019 or 18. 

We ate the pizza because it had thawed and I wanted to be fed by the name this show came on.  Mr Twopper wanted a beer.

What a day, I would have drank my weight in wine. Sorry it was so rough.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

You deserve an Olympic Silver Medal for that ordeal. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

I wonder why Dr. Now has no mask on. Seemed like all the nurses did

It seems like TLC is trying to pretend COVID doesn't exist. There's no way Dr Now shouldn't be masked in that room with her. 

Shannon would have just eaten her mask.

Edited by Guest
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

It seems like TLC is trying to pretend COVID doesn't exist. There's no way Dr Now shouldn't be masked in that room with her. 

Maybe they don't want it to be too obviously dated, because they expect to use all the episodes in reruns for years to come...

• Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

She's so babyish I'm surprised she doesn't have a teddy bear. 

There was a giant stuffed owl in her room.  I don't think it was Simon's. 

• LOL 5

Just got home.  Lordy she's a  biggun.  When your body is running out of places to store the fat, that is not good.   

Can't wait to watch the from the beginning to see what the fuck is the deal with hubby.  

• Love 2
Just now, Hellga said:

Maybe they don't want it to be too obviously dated, because they expect to use all the episodes in reruns for years to come...

SUBSCRIBE TO DISCOVERY + NOW!