Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/01/2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

(edited)
34 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

They look more like mouse ears this time, but whatever. 😉😝🤣😂

My husband came in the room and looked at television while Meghan was on the screen and asked if it was "Minnie Mouse Day" on The View.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie lost me because I had no idea what she was talking about and Megan is an idiot as always. 

More of the same every day.  This show is becoming a real drag for me to watch.  It actually brings me down now when I watch it most days.  It drains me.  One might say I am so over it.

• Love 16

Whoopie- “Hug a friend but make sure you’re distanced.”  Me - Umm, I, Umm.  What?  Maybe there are instructions on that card all Americans have to have.  I’ll go check.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
Just now, Axie said:

Whoopie- “Hug a friend but make sure you’re distanced.”  Me - Umm, I, Umm.  What?  Maybe there are instructions on that card all Americans have to have.  I’ll go check.

LOL!  It's brilliant comments like this why I can't quit this stupid show.

salute.gif.e2ca573d03e3d68857ec1935cf83167b.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Whuuut? What "oppo research info dump" was used on Twatty for this show? Just stop trying to act like you're someone who has run for political office and was "destroyed" because of it.

That's all I got because it's just RIDICULOUS how she cherry picks and distorts what the Voting Rights bill primary purpose is; and already the amendments about allowing felons/ex-convicts to vote was vetoed, as lowering voting to 16, according to the break down I read. Nowhere did I see language or mention of language where those "guilty" of voter/election fraud be allowed to vote. So she's lying about how those two things made it through the vote.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

LOL!  It's brilliant comments like this why I can't quit this stupid show.

salute.gif.e2ca573d03e3d68857ec1935cf83167b.gif

Thank you!  Fortunately the hosts provide plenty of material to snark on. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That's all I got because it's just RIDICULOUS how she cherry picks and distorts what the Voting Rights bill primary purpose is; and already the amendments about allowing felons/ex-convicts to vote was vetoed, as lowering voting to 16, according to the break down I read. Nowhere did I see language or mention of language where those "guilty" of voter/election fraud be allowed to vote. So she's lying about how those two things made it through the vote.

Thanks.   When she said it, I automatically thought she's lying or being misleading.   If they are going to call themselves a news program, they need to better fact check.   I also had to LOL at her "I'm a strict Constitutionalist" rant.   I've heard very little State's right's arguments from elected officials who support restricting voting rights.   Most just repeat some version of the rampant electoral fraud arguments that have been proven false over and over again.

18 minutes ago, falltime said:

I think Whoopi is talking about Real ID.

Yes.  She was referring to Real ID.  Although it is not required for everyone to get one.  Only if you want to fly or enter federal facilities.   You can still get State ID that is not compliant with Real ID requirements.   However, there is a significant number of people though that don't live lives that require any type of ID or trying to obtain one is a burden because they don't have a birth certificate, or can't afford the ID, or have access to the places to get the ID, etc.    

• Love 13

Joy: I'm on Team Meghan......Markle. 

Lol!!! I loved it. Let's not get the Teams mixed up.

Sunny is just awesome!  Lets talk about hypocrisy  lol.  And I love her description of what's his name every time lol.

Whoopi is so hard to follow most days. 

Sara is right, until the Royal family investigates  pervy Andrew I dont want to hear anything from them about Meghan....an investigation about bullying GTFOH.

Meghan is an idiot, that's all I got for her.

• Love 18
(edited)
40 minutes ago, falltime said:

I think Whoopi is talking about Real ID. You can't fly internationally, though.

https://upgradedpoints.com/real-id-act#:~:text=A REAL ID is a,fly after October 1%2C 2021.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

17 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Yes.  She was referring to Real ID.  Although it is not required for everyone to get one.  Only if you want to fly or enter federal facilities.   You can still get State ID that is not compliant with Real ID requirements.   However, there is a significant number of people though that don't live lives that require any type of ID or trying to obtain one is a burden because they don't have a birth certificate, or can't afford the ID, or have access to the places to get the ID, etc.    

REAL ID is nothing but adding information to your driver's license. I kept getting emails that I needed to bring proof of my residence to the MVA, they looked at it, typed it in their database and that was it. But that's in Maryland, where I live. Maybe it's different for other states?

And I just 🙄🙄 at voiceover lady announcing that Hahn was going to provide a sneak peek at Wanda Vision's finale tomorrow. When the show will drop on Disney+ BEFORE this show will air! So a good number of folks will have already watched it, you noob!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whuuut? What "oppo research info dump" was used on Twatty for this show? Just stop trying to act like you're someone who has run for political office and was "destroyed" because of it.

Megan is a liar and will always distort facts to push her vile agenda..

• Love 17
On 3/3/2021 at 6:55 AM, heysmilinstrange said:

Oh man, I love them!

I’ve watched them months ago kinda out of order and wondered what kind of household they were in to never have heard Motown soul etc and it’s exactly what I thought religious.   It’s kind like being colorblind then seeing color for the first time. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Cozytea said:

It does look very froo froo on Sara ( is froo froo a description?)  Paired with the Jeans it looks good. More relaxed, less wedding cake🤷🏽‍♀️

Yes, they should consider that we only usually see head and shoulders. They don't seem to be thinking that through.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I think earlier this week she said wash your face instead of wash your hands!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

Ha ha.  I came here to say the same thing, with the dot.dot.dots!  Joy has great comedic timing.

Places with universal health care have photo ID with health, drivers license, citizenship/Voter ID address combined in one card. People who don't drive typically need a health card & the photo prevents fraud.  Poor people's cards are subsidized.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Axie said:

I just heard her sign off , now don’t know if I’m on foot or horseback.  Can I hug someone I don’t know ? When do I brush my teeth so my breath is good?  At a distance? 

• LOL 9
55 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is a liar and will always distort facts to push her vile agenda..

When the truth doesn't fit your agenda then yes you lie.  Or at least Meghan does.   ABC needs to have real time fact checkers and when Meghan lies the truth needs to pop up.  Her fellow co hosts rarely call her out when she "misspeaks".  And I don't think I have ever heard her issue a correction for saying something that isn't true.

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Her fellow co hosts rarely call her out when she "misspeaks". 

They all learned early on that IT NEVER PAYS!

Was Meghan told to take a 2-day break or was she just off pouting?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I’ve been trying to figure out Whoopie’s face when M is talking...she looks pained.

I was trying to figure out her tone of voice (kinda sing-songy) and her FACE when she was actually reading her Telepromptor for  Oprah's clip of the Sunday night special with Meghan and Harry.  With whom does Whoopi have the problem?

• Meghan?
  • Harry?
  • Oprah?
  • Teleprompter?
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I was trying to figure out if Whoopi tried a different strain of cannabis before today's show.  She was much more talkative and animated than usual, though her opinions were long-winded convoluted word-salads and her gestures & expressions odd.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

ABC needs to have real time fact checkers and when Meghan lies the truth needs to pop up. 

I'd like to believe she got a time out from the powers that be at ABC because she was spreading misinformation about the Covid vaccine last week.  I'd also like to believe they are watching her and are waiting to see just how far she will go.  The View isn't where most of us  turn to for our news fix but it was always a place where we went to hear discussion of current issues - not to hear hosts LIE about the current issues.  I just hope ABC remembers that.

• Love 15
(edited)
21 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I'd like to believe she got a time out from the powers that be at ABC because she was spreading misinformation about the Covid vaccine last week.  I'd also like to believe they are watching her and are waiting to see just how far she will go.  The View isn't where most of us  turn to for our news fix but it was always a place where we went to hear discussion of current issues - not to hear hosts LIE about the current issues.  I just hope ABC remembers that.

She has been doing that for years with no pushback.  Nothing will change since today she spread misinformation and disinformation about the voting bill that was passed by the Democrats yesterday.  She went on a rant and I just tuned out, I just cannot take her daily tantrums anymore.. I do get a kick out of seeing Whoopie's face after her rants though..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13

38 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I was trying to figure out if Whoopi tried a different strain of cannabis before today's show.  She was much more talkative and animated than usual, though her opinions were long-winded convoluted word-salads and her gestures & expressions odd.

Yeah i noticed the animated W too.  I chalk it up to pre-Friday off glee

56 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

It certainly wasn't to get that hair done.  Minnie should sue. Other than the hair, she looks refreshed and renewed.  

2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Sunny is just awesome!  Lets talk about hypocrisy  lol.  And I love her description of what's his name every time 

ROFL Joy! I too get a kick out of Sunny when she has to address something about the previous POTUS.

4 hours ago, Axie said:

She needs to invest in those elongated fake arms to have contact.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

REAL ID is nothing but adding information to your driver's license. I kept getting emails that I needed to bring proof of my residence to the MVA, they looked at it, typed it in their database and that was it. But that's in Maryland, where I live. Maybe it's different for other states?

And I just 🙄🙄 at voiceover lady announcing that Hahn was going to provide a sneak peek at Wanda Vision's finale tomorrow. When the show will drop on Disney+ BEFORE this show will air! So a good number of folks will have already watched it, you noob!

Here in Indiana I have to bring in birth certificate, marriage license and about 50 other proofs I exist to get a real ID.  Lots easier if you are male. 
I thought Meghan’s hair looked like either a toddler or anime character. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Here in Indiana I have to bring in birth certificate, marriage license and about 50 other proofs I exist to get a real ID.  Lots easier if you are male. 

Same in California.

Only I thought I was gonna flunk the eye test! Fortunately, I didn't.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Maybe the producers gently reminded her to participate a wee bit more in their morning meeting.  After today's performance, going forward, they'll just ask her to look awake. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Two things...

1.  I wish someone would counter Meganutz with: "And we're SO OVER your father. Stop mentioning him."

2.  When Meganutz goes on and on about what one needs an ID for 'to adopt a pet, to buy cold medicine*...' can one of the other hosts remind her that none of what she is rattling off is an American's constitutional right, as voting is ? Maybe she should know this by now ?

*I've never been asked for an ID to buy cold medicine. Don't know where she shops.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Two things...

1.  I wish someone would counter Meganutz with: "And we're SO OVER your father. Stop mentioning him."

2.  When Meganutz goes on and on about what one needs an ID for 'to adopt a pet, to buy cold medicine*...' can one of the other hosts remind her that none of what she is rattling off is an American's constitutional right, as voting is ? Maybe she should know this by now ?

*I've never been asked for an ID to buy cold medicine. Don't know where she shops.

I think they ask for DOB because meth is made from cold medicine products.  I’ve never given an ID. I’m guessing she’s reading Ben’s talking points. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

I think they ask for DOB because meth is made from cold medicine products.  I’ve never given an ID. I’m guessing she’s reading Ben’s talking points. 

Yes, the only time my pharmacy asked for my ID was when I was picking up narcotics/painkillers (GOOD DRUGS) for post mastectomy surgeries.

But they always ask my date of birth when picking up prescriptions, but don't require I show them my id.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I wondered about this and whether it was U.S. thing, but I know I have purchased cold meds in various U.S. states while visiting. Why would she lie about something so obviously untrue, as everyone has purchased cold meds?

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I was trying to figure out her tone of voice (kinda sing-songy) and her FACE when she was actually reading her Telepromptor for  Oprah's clip of the Sunday night special with Meghan and Harry.  With whom does Whoopi have the problem?

• Meghan?
  • Harry?
  • Oprah?
  • Teleprompter?

Whoopi used to have an issue with Oprah but I think she is over that now, but maybe not.

Her face when she reads the prompter is often sort of twisted because I assume it is the first time she is seeing the script, so she is trying to figure out where the sentence is going. It is the height of unprofessionalism that she doesn't rehearse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Two things...

I have been at a store in DC.  I didn’t go on tv or write the CEO of the company about it to complain or anything, though.

Edited by Axie
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Two things...

42 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

In New Jersey, I have been asked for my drivers' license when buying certain "behind" the counter cold medications.  It is because those medications contain pseudoephedrine.  As @AryasMum says here, pseudoephedrine can be used to produce crystal meth.  Also, you are only allowed to buy these medications in limited quantities (1 box per purchase, etc.).  

But, the rest of Meghan's comments were totally ridiculous.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Lately, Sunny has been speaking after Meghan and can dispute/correct everything she has said. This is MUCH better than giving Meghan the final word. 

She's like Meghan fact check. lol Someone give Sunny a raise!

• Love 20
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone else find it funny Meghan got worked up because she thought she was being shamed for having a lot of sex as a single woman?

Sweetie, we only wish you got more sex NOW. 

Long time lurker, first time posting to this group. Meghan mentioned something a year or so ago about all the rich, successful men she dated pre-marriage. Sorry Meghan, you were never in the eye of "celebrity news." No one was interviewing you on the red carpets, asking who your dating, whispering about all the hot single sex you supposedly had, etc. I've read People Magazine for 30 years (Mom had a subscription!) and Meghan's never been noteworthy in that world, as much as it pains her. I laughed last year when announcing her pregnancy she was worried what that "Paps" would say about her not losing her baby weight. Nobody cares, girl!   

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

Real ID is a pain in the neck because of all the documents required to get it (which is understandable since it’s for security), but the same people who can’t afford or lack ID to get a drivers license will also be unable to get a Real ID. Whoopi is out of touch. Incidentally Meg will be delighted to know the IN legislature is working on a law that removes the requirement for a permit to own a gun. So you need ID to vote but not to own a gun. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Whoopi used to have an issue with Oprah but I think she is over that now, but maybe not.

I think The Whoopster is a grudge-holder & Oprah not inviting her to a big luncheon for important women of colour is probably still an open wound.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

When the truth doesn't fit your agenda then yes you lie.  Or at least Meghan does.   ABC needs to have real time fact checkers and when Meghan lies the truth needs to pop up.  Her fellow co hosts rarely call her out when she "misspeaks".  And I don't think I have ever heard her issue a correction for saying something that isn't true.

When MM discussed the AZ case before the Supreme Court, she said justice Kagan sided with republicans?  From an article I read yesterday, it said if AZ loses and the voting rights act wins in this case, she will be the reason why.  Her questions to the attorney representing AZ apparently got him completely twisted up trying to defend these restrictions.  So didn’t sound like she sided with the republicans?  Again, does she ever do research or does she get her info from hubby and Fox?  This happens a lot.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Axie said:

I have been at a store in DC.  I didn’t go on tv or write the CEO of the company about it to complain or anything, though.

I thought most states require ID to buy pseudoephedrine (because it’s used to make meth or something?).  But because of this, cold medications don’t include it in the ingredients and use a different decongestant.  So again, do your research Meghan!  In WA state our drivers licenses aren’t compliant with Real ID so they won’t be usable to fly by next year.  We offer an enhanced license that requires a lot more info and costs more that is compliant and can also be used to enter Canada by car without a passport.  Most states drivers licenses are compliant now...we are an outlier.  On Cuomo, I agree with Joy...let’s see what the investigation shows.  If only MM would say trump is a pig and pervert like she does with cuomo.  And to talk hypocrisy...look to your own party MM before talking about the Dems.  Sunny at least brings it up but I’m sure MM never will.  And for kavanaugh, it was a rape allegation...that’s why it only needed one to be big deal MM...just like trumps rape claim would be enough in any other party.  I’m so over her.  

• Love 9

In Indiana I have to show my license to buy sudafed. They enter it into a data base because there is a maximum amount you can  buy per month. Also, I have had to show license for some cough syrups, at places like Target. Due to they contain alcohol  I am 60 plus years old.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think she was suspended. She went on a rant, saying Dr Fauci needs to be fired.  While she was gone, Sunny made a disparaging comment about people blaming Fauci and calling for him to be fired, making it clear that this was not the position The View was taking.  Reading between the lines, I think meghan was talked to and told to stay home a couple days.

I think Meghan has been told to stop scowling. She occasionally remembers and forces a smile. Also, her little argument with Sara was a different vibe between them. Sara knows Meghan is on the outs, she didn't get rattled when Meghan talked down to her ("yes, Sara, these days dating means sex!")  Sara used to get more defensive when Meghan did stuff like that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

• Meghan?
  • Harry?
  • Oprah?
  • Teleprompter?

First of all I would like to admit that I have strong family ties with UK and watch the news over there as much as in my own country.  I was disgusted by the lack of knowledge this panel has on exactly the issue with the "Meghan/Oprah whine and cheese interview" and the issue with employee bullying.  It is not about 5 am emails  more like Harry's orders to them that "what Meghan wants Meghan gets".  Markle has managed to make Wallis Simpson look like an amateur when you examine the brief time she was in the UK and the trouble she caused during that time. 

Whoopie's Con series should look into the other side of this debate. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think she was suspended.

I agree.  Media outlets are getting sued for saying things that aren't true and/or contributing to the extremism in this country..  I'm sure ABC doesn't want Meghan saying something that will get them in hot water. There is a difference stating something that is your view and saying something that is patently false.

• Love 13