Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/01/2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

On 3/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh Boo Hoo Megan!  She is so upset that all the Media criticism of the show is directed towards HER!  She has to remind us that she is the ONLY Conservative voice on the show & so she gets lots of Hate.  Plus, she hates the word "Slut" 

The only conservative voice not only on the show, on all of daytime television!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm behind on this week's show's.  Need to catch up this weekend.  I keep saying I'm going to quit the show because of Meghan, but I can't make the break.

I'll be fast-forwarding through Guy F.'s segment.

I'm late to the conversation, but a few years ago, I wanted to buy some cold medication at Walmart.  I rarely take medication, but I was really sick and my sister had told me to get the behind-the-counter version with the pseudoephedrine, as it worked better than the version on the shelf.  I not only had to show my license but had to fill out paperwork and answer questions.  The whole thing took at least ten minutes before I got my medicine.  I never bought it a second time, so maybe the paperwork was just a one-time thing and I'd probably just have to show my license the second, third, etc. time.  I live in Louisiana.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Add Neanderthal defense to Mr Potato Head and Dr Seuss and you have the reason why nothing can get done. How ridiculous.  Speaking of deplorable Neanderthals, of course Meh doesn’t see this as manufactured outrage. She’s personally offended by this. How dare Biden call governors who lift mask mandates her a Neanderthal!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 23

Wow, meggy is always so pissed off. Biden is in office 6 weeks, trying to do a million things at once and no positivity from her. None at all about anything good that’s going on. Just attack, attack, attack with bitter talking points with that constant, damned angry face. I honestly want to know why she’s always so angry? Scowling today and hissing with so much venom about one word Biden used is ridiculous, even for her. 

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Mldyold said:

It is not about 5 am emails  more like Harry's orders to them that "what Meghan wants Meghan gets".

That was reported in The Sun, not a bastion of journalistic integrity.

Markle has managed to make Wallis Simpson look like an amateur

Really?  You're comparing Markle to a mean-spirited, shallow Nazi-sympathizer?

• Love 13
(edited)
10 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Somebody please call her out on this!  President Biden said “Neanderthal thinking”.  He didn’t say Republicans (meaning , of course, Meghan) are Neanderthals.  This is why she belongs on FOX.  

Joy tried but Meh said “potato, potahto.”  She won’t let the truth get in the way of her outrage.

Did anyone else think of Meg’s make up adventures when they showed Catherine Hahn’s kid show clip?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14

I found it sad that after a discussion where they had just referenced her several times, the show then put on a video for Women’s History Month that failed to include Hillary Clinton among all the other figures displayed. It’s just sad to see a women’s show participating in that kind of erasure of the first woman nominee of a major party who ever had a real shot at the office, as if that legacy didn’t have anything to do with Biden feeling like he was obligated to pick a woman for his VP four years later, the reason they're able to celebrate the first woman VP in history now.

• Love 24

First of all I would like to admit that I have strong family ties with UK and watch the news over there as much as in my own country.  I was disgusted by the lack of knowledge this panel has on exactly the issue with the "Meghan/Oprah whine and cheese interview" and the issue with employee bullying.  It is not about 5 am emails  more like Harry's orders to them that "what Meghan wants Meghan gets".  Markle has managed to make Wallis Simpson look like an amateur when you examine the brief time she was in the UK and the trouble she caused during that time. 

Whoopie's Con series should look into the other side of this debate. 

Finally someone who sees it the way I do with respect to the other Meghan M.  Those bullying complaints were filed in 2018---they haven't just come out with the Oprah interview.  However, I think the fact of the interview has emboldened former employee of H and M to speak out, something they would normally not do.  The panel is buying the kool aid that the other MM is selling re her time in the UK.  More comments and I'd definitely be off topic--but I'd have a lot to say about the situation.  (i am an American but also have strong ties to the UK).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm behind on this week's show's.  Need to catch up this weekend.  I keep saying I'm going to quit the show because of Meghan, but I can't make the break.

I'll be fast-forwarding through Guy F.'s segment.

I'm late to the conversation, but a few years ago, I wanted to buy some cold medication at Walmart.  I rarely take medication, but I was really sick and my sister had told me to get the behind-the-counter version with the pseudoephedrine, as it worked better than the version on the shelf.  I not only had to show my license but had to fill out paperwork and answer questions.  The whole thing took at least ten minutes before I got my medicine.  I never bought it a second time, so maybe the paperwork was just a one-time thing and I'd probably just have to show my license the second, third, etc. time.  I live in Louisiana.

That's pretty extensive...in WA we've only had to show a drivers license that they put into the computer each time.  I kind of think in the beginning I might have had to sign something but still, not 10 minutes worth with paperwork!

59 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Add Neanderthal defense to Mr Potato Head and Dr Seuss and you have the reason why nothing can get done. How ridiculous.  Speaking of deplorable Neanderthals, of course Meh doesn’t see this as manufactured outrage. She’s personally offended by this. How dare Biden call governors who lift mask mandates her a Neanderthal!

As someone on Reddit said, that's really not fair to Neanderthals.  And of course MM takes that to mean all Republicans, including her.  What happened to her love fest for "uncle Joe", her buddy?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ana razed McCain to the ground this morning without even trying. I mean, I don't think Ana focuses on McCain except when McCain comes at her directly, but so much of what Ana says ends up describing McCain inadvertently. When she was sneering and asking if the Republican Party now only cares about stupid things like Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head, and now "Neanderthal thinking," McCain clearly felt hit otherwise she wouldn't have tried to jump back in for more.

I think Ana should have Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" playing in the background when she gives her opinion. Not everything is about you, McCan't.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

Can't add any more that everyone else already did.

Except that Twatty is just bound and determined to be ornery and contrary and combative. Joy really shouldn't have let her weigh in after Ana had spoken. She already had her chance, and she also muttered "Potato, potahto" as Joy went to commercial. The sniveling, entitled TWAT.

And no, it's not semantics, you nimrodic maroon.

And wow, did her "broken" hand? arm? heal really quickly in a week--I didn't see any bandage when she raised both arms during the Fiery segment.

Oh and maybe President Biden doesn't have time to hold a press conference because he's dealing with the current Pandemic and trying to get relief bills passed. You know, doing his fucking job?

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ana razed McCain to the ground this morning without even trying. I mean, I don't think Ana focuses on McCain except when McCain comes at her directly, but so much of what Ana says ends up describing McCain inadvertently. When she was sneering and asking if the Republican Party now only cares about stupid things like Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head, and now "Neanderthal thinking," McCain clearly felt hit otherwise she wouldn't have tried to jump back in for more.

I think Ana should have Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" playing in the background when she gives her opinion. Not everything is about you, McCan't.

Interestingly enough she did acknowledge that Ana was a Republican.   She asked Ana weren't you offended that Biden called republicans neanderthals?  But then she kept rambling and didn't allow Ana to answer the question.    I would have loved to hear Ana's answer.... 

• Love 13
Just now, After7Only said:

Interestingly enough she did acknowledge that Ana was a Republican.   She asked Ana weren't you offended that Biden called republicans neanderthals?  But then she kept rambling and didn't allow Ana to answer the question.    I would have loved to hear Ana's answer.... 

Ana had already said that she was not offended and eviscerated Megan's talking points by calling out the GOP's hypocrisy so she really did not need to address her..

Megan is an idiot and it is on display everyday and she should be embarrassed to be even talking about this Neanderthal bs..

• Love 15

The question should be asked -  Is it "Neanderthal thinking"  to open up restaurants, stores, drop mask mandates, etc during a pandemic?

ANd then -   how is labeling something "neanderthal thinking"  somehow WORSE than leaders putting people's  lives at risk by opening everything up during a pandemic?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The question should be asked -  Is it "Neanderthal thinking"  to open up restaurants, stores, drop mask mandates, etc during a pandemic?

ANd then -   how is labeling something "neanderthal thinking"  somehow WORSE than leaders putting people's  lives at risk by opening everything up during a pandemic?  

It is all a distraction like Ana said...

• Love 20
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

That was reported in The Sun, not a bastion of journalistic integrity.

Really?  You're comparing Markle to a mean-spirited, shallow Nazi-sympathizer?

The timing is the clue here. I can't realistically see people holding onto grudges about Markle being the next closest thing to a Disney villain for two years and then just magically have it conveniently leak (anonymously of course) right before the big interview. It stretches credibility. 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

How long before we see tee shirts proudly proclaiming I am a neanderthal?

20 minutes ago, Kromm said:

The timing is the clue here. I can't realistically see people holding onto grudges about Markle being the next closest thing to a Disney villain for two years and then just magically have it conveniently leak (anonymously of course) right before the big interview. It stretches credibility. 

I read about this in one of the Meghan and Harry books last year.  It wasn't a secret. So yeah I do think the timing is suspect. And as Meghan and Sara both mentioned yesterday they Royal family and their firm really need to deal with Prince Andrew and his behavior before they criticize Meghan Markle. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did anyone else think of Meg’s make up adventures when they showed Catherine Hahn’s kid show clip?

TPTB must have pulled out that footage on purpose, thinking of Meghan's stupid looks, since Kathryn Hahn had forgotten that she did it. 

During Hahn's entire interview, MeAgain's eyes were going back and forth between something off to the side and the camera. Maybe she has a second monitor constantly reminding her to smile, nod, and behave.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

How long before we see tee shirts proudly proclaiming I am a neanderthal?

Ancestry DNA told me I'm 2.9% Neanderthal, more than Sara & more than average.  I wasn't offended.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy tried but Meh said “potato, potahto.”  She won’t let the truth get in the way of her outrage.

I TOTALLY DID! Along with all those memes posters here have posted!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mldyold said:

Markle has managed to make Wallis Simpson look like an amateur when you examine the brief time she was in the UK and the trouble she caused during that time. 

Welll...Wallis Simpson was a long, long time ago we didn't have the "instant access" to news and gossip that's available today.  I'll play wait-and-see for any comparisons to a viper in the 30s.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  Media outlets are getting sued for saying things that aren't true and/or contributing to the extremism in this country..  I'm sure ABC doesn't want Meghan saying something that will get them in hot water. There is a difference stating something that is your view and saying something that is patently false.

The only thing is shouldn't it be told why?  Otherwise no lessons learned for everybody else.  Do this and you'll be suspended.  Right now, especially with MM there's a plethora to choose from.  Guessing is ridiculous,  you'll be there all night.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

She's only quoting the song, at least this time she's correctly quoting!

However, retorting "potato, potahto" implies that "Neanderthal thinking" and "all Republicans are Neanderthals" are exactly the same with slightly different pronunciations.  They aren't.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

However, retorting "potato, potahto" implies that "Neanderthal thinking" and "all Republicans are Neanderthals" are exactly the same with slightly different pronunciations.  They aren't.

I guess Neanderthal is the new Deplorable. 

The outrage cycle will follow the same pattern. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I only posted she was quoting the correct lyrics, not that she correctly applied it.  But thanks for the English lesson.

• Love 5

Going back to earlier this week, I must give credit to Whoopie for correcting a false statement that Audra Day was the first Black actress to win a Golden Globe.  It was actually Diana Ross in 1973, for also playing Billie Holliday.

Now if only we can get Whoopie to correct the mistake when the cohosts praise Goldberg every year, saying she was the first Black woman to host the Oscars. She always acknowledges that she was, and takes the praise.

Correct answer is once again - Diana Ross. She was one of the hosts (they had multiple hosts in the 70s) of the Oscars in 1974. She was the second black person to host (Sammy Davis Jr. was the first, back in 1972), and the first Black woman. Not Whoopi..

Funny - after these two major accomplishments, Ross is never included in Black History month.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I only posted she was quoting the correct lyrics, not that she correctly applied it.  

I know, it was surprising that she got the lyrics correct, since she often screws up idioms.  It was her application that irked me since MeAgain was using it to be dismissive of her cohost, who pointed out that what he actually said was "Neanderthal thinking" and that he never called anyone a Neanderthal.  Meghan acted as if the distinction was too trivial to mention.

In 1969 Diahann Carroll won a Golden Globe for Best TV Star – Female.  I guess TV doesn't count in some people's minds. 

Whoopi was the first woman and the first person of colour to host the Oscars alone.  Apparently Diana Ross cohosting with 3 men (Burt Reynolds, John Huston, and David Niven) in 1974 doesn't count in some people's minds.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  Media outlets are getting sued for saying things that aren't true and/or contributing to the extremism in this country..  I'm sure ABC doesn't want Meghan saying something that will get them in hot water. There is a difference stating something that is your view and saying something that is patently false.

If Sunny has to read legal notices to protect ABC from people in the news denying allegations, why doesn't she or Whoopi have to state that MeAgain has been suspended for words said on xxxday's show?  Saying nothing implies that ABC agrees with Meghan. How many days worth of time-outs has Meghan been off the show during her time on the View?  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Welll...Wallis Simpson was a long, long time ago we didn't have the "instant access" to news and gossip that's available today.  I'll play wait-and-see for any comparisons to a viper in the 30s.  

I will never understand the extreme hatred for Megan Markle and these people who  were stoking animus against her are shocked and appalled that her husband Prince Harry chose to remove his wife and child away from the toxic environment that they created..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

From what I’ve read, those who work for the Palace and royal family basically never discuss things during their time there...it’s just understood.  According to the Times, the concerns were raised in 2018 through emails, so it’s not new.  I think that those who were affected have decided that if M and H can talk about their time in the UK, then their former employees are now free to talk as well. Makes sense to me.  Again, can’t say more without being way off topic.  

Re MeAgain, I’ve noticed this week that she glances off to the side a lot during the show...am assuming there’s someone there that she’s checking in with for some reason?  She often seems to be looking at them so often she  misses what’s being said.  I hope the PTB are taking a hard look at her value these days.  She now is seemingly in a constant state of snarling anger and meanness.  Someone said that two of her biggest supporters in the suits are now gone, so who knows. Fingers crossed.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Joy didn’t look happy hearing that as she went to commercial.  What was the “we can walk and chew gum at the same time” comment?  I think Ana was saying why are we wasting time on mr potato head and dr Seuss INSTEAD of talking about our parties own sexual harassment issues?  Ana was saying that they aren’t talking about that but are instead focused on these stupid issues like Neanderthal thinking.  MM was implying that they’re talking about both..at least that’s what her saying would have meant...but they aren’t.  So two sayings she used incorrectly today.  She really isn’t the smartest, is she.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Going back to earlier this week, I must give credit to Whoopie for correcting a false statement that Audra Day was the first Black actress to win a Golden Globe.  It was actually Diana Ross in 1973, for also playing Billie Holliday.

The confusion stems from the fact that the GGs have so many categories.  Diana Ross did win a GG for Lady Sings The Blues, but it wasn't Best Actress in a Drama, it was for Most Promising Newcomer.  Andra Day won Best Actress in a Drama - Film, the 2nd black actress to do so, the first being Whoopi in The Color Purple.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

My goodness, yes.  With both hands at times😳

That was kind of shocking...I don’t know that I’ve ever eaten two fisted like that!  Cindy would probably be surprised.  She really chowed down...almost more than Whoopie does.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1