Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/01/2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

(edited)
59 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

MM as well as many Republicans,seem to be under the impression that there is no point getting vaccinated if you must wear a face mask, remain distance, etc.  They don’t seem to understand that getting vaccinated will protect your life life.  

And continuing to wear a mask is to protect everyone else since the data aren’t conclusive yet about if you can still carry it even if immunized. 

29 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And I hate to break to it Meghan but coal jobs are going to continue to disappear even if they don't want to.  More and more power plants are switching to nuclear from coal.  

I suppose she prefers the other option- lie about bringing coal mine jobs back. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I suppose she prefers the other option- lie about bringing coal mine jobs back. 

I was going to mention how someone should tell her about the Industrial Revolution, but she would just snap back with the "I wasn't born then" excuse again.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

That's how it's been reported, but NO -  Hasbro changed the name of the line of toys.  It is now "Potato Head"  without the Mr.   And the toy line includes BOTH a Mr. and a Mrs. PH.   Again - a big deal about absolutely nothing. 

Potato Head, Muppets, Dr. Seuss -   None of them have been CANCELLED.  nobody is banning books, or making toys transgender, or refusing to air the Muppets.  It's all over-reactions to minor changes.  

Thank you.  What's the saying ? When you know better , you do better.  Nothing wrong with seeing  something that might be seen differently as we've evolved as a society, and want to correct it.  The View could have a done a better job explaining that the other day.

Someone upthread mentioned that MM must have gotten a talking to. I agree. Someone must have talked to her about her BS about Fauci and maybe even her pissy attitude.  She never mentioned Fauci but she wanted to lol. And as Joy went on about how she's listening to Fauci, Meghan while she wasn't laughing along she didn't roll her eyes and sigh heavily as she usually does when she wants us to know she thinks something is ridiculous.  She did go on a rant about  being criticized/ I mean slut shaming and was incredibly rude to Sara. However she tried real, real, hard to smile at the closing,  it actually looked like it hurt her face lol. They cut to all the ladies on screen and their she sits looking pissed then quickly puts a smile on her face, the smile tries to escape her face and she struggles to maintain the smile....luckily the show ended.  She could have hurt herself. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I feel like Megan doesn't like Sara. It's a weird vibe.

Oh that's pretty obvious.  I did laugh when Meghan was all pissed and being rude to Sara ( I'm not even sure what Sara said that pissed off the princess) and Sara kept laughing and talking 😄she either didnt notice Meghan's stank attitude got worse or didn't care . Either way pretty funny.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Oh that's pretty obvious.  I did laugh when Meghan was all pissed and being rude to Sara ( I'm not even sure what Sara said that pissed off the princess) and Sara kept laughing and talking 😄she either didnt notice Meghan's stank attitude got worse or didn't care . Either way pretty funny.

The only one Meganutz is pretty nice to each day (consistently) is Whoopi. Not sure why, but she never has anything negative to say to her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I haven't seen The View today, but Taylor Swift and her fans are getting the whole thing wrong.   The quote was from the Netflix series "Ginny and Georgia", and part of it is about a group of girls who rag on each other all the time, as girls do.   They jokingly call each other out for all kinds of things, in a playful, pretend "Mean girl"  way.  So, one teenage girl telling another that she goes through men faster than Taylor swift - it's called a BURN.  It's a character delivering a cheap insult to another character, 2 friends, one making fun of another who falls in love too easily.   It wasn't a punchline, it was one line in a series of exchanging insults, trying to top each other, for the amusement of the group of girls.  They make fun of each others' taste in music, tv shows, movies, etc.   It makes some good points, about how a popular girl can influence everyone else's opinion by one causal remark.  

I think it's kind of silly to over-interpret one line from a tv show, especially taken out of context.  (It's actually a pretty decent show) 

I agree, and yet, this is what happens all the time, on a daily basis, to everything that is ever spoken from anyone that is considered newsworthy.  

It is even done on The View - soundbites are now the norm, and whole news stories, like this one, are based from them.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Unlike Mean McCain, Sara actually can laugh at herself and has a sense of humor in general. Honestly, they were so much more relaxed when Ana was on yesterday - and they all looked genuinely happy to see her.

• Love 21
(edited)
20 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The only one Meganutz is pretty nice to each day (consistently) is Whoopi. Not sure why, but she never has anything negative to say to her.

I think she is scared of her.  Plus, Whoopie got her the job and used to always baby her until she got tired of Megan's nastiness. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg, if you’re unclear about the CDC messaging, do your homework. I’m fully vaxxed and I know what is still expected, including not going to dinner parties yet.

Or she can move to TX. 

If she actually paid attention to all news sources, she’d know that the CDC has said several times that they are working on guidelines fo those who are vaccinated, including whether or not you can get together privately if everyone’s vaccinated.  But she probably only watches fox and/or gets her news from her husbands website.  Hence she doesn’t know what’s happening.  Get someone who actually pays attention and reads actual full articles and not just headlines (eg Ana).  MMs viral tweets, etc simply aren’t enough to keep viewers coming back and sometimes no publicity IS good publicity.  

and now she’s the only conservative voice on daytime tv?  Ego much?  I’ve been trying to figure out Whoopie’s face when M is talking...she looks pained. Maybe trying really hard not to laugh?  

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

If she actually paid attention to all news sources, she’d know that the CDC has said several times that they are working on guidelines fo those who are vaccinated, including whether or not you can get together privately if everyone’s vaccinated.  But she probably only watches fox and/or gets her news from her husbands website.  Hence she doesn’t know what’s happening.  Get someone who actually pays attention and reads actual full articles and not just headlines (eg Ana).  MMs viral tweets, etc simply aren’t enough to keep viewers coming back and sometimes no publicity IS good publicity.  

and now she’s the only conservative voice on daytime tv?  Ego much?  I’ve been trying to figure out Whoopie’s face when M is talking...she looks pained. Maybe trying really hard not to laugh?  And give it up Meghan...Sara wasn’t dissing you and there was no need to jump in all defensive, she was talking about her experience...and, as others have said, MM must have really been a player before.  And proud of it?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

These two kids remind me of two guys on YouTube I enjoy. It’s called Lost in Vegas, and they listen live and react to songs. My favorite is the Tennessee Whiskey video. 

Are you sure they aren't the same guys? @AryasMum

• LOL 1

MeAgain was really making some odd facial expressions at the beginning and end of today's show.  I don't think she looked too happy, almost uncomfortable, and was obviously looking at someone off camera.  I feel like she's being told when to smile.  Her reactions aren't natural or organic.

I think she's jealous as can be of Sara.  She wants to be the pretty blonde on The View and Sara is ruining that angle for her.  She also looks down on Sara.  It's so obvious she feels she's less than the chosen one.

She was dressed a bit more professionally today and her hair and makeup were rather subdued compared to how she's been presenting herself since returning from leave.  Wonder if she has been told to tone down the costumes.  

I thought her rant claiming if the co-hosts were males, they'd be on the front page of The New York Times every day was a real stretch.  She is taking herself and the show way too seriously.  The perpetual victim act is played out.  She needs to be told to knock it the hell off or get off the show.

When she commented about the EP reminding them on a daily basis about the Times cover story in 2019, she sounded quite sarcastic which is unusual as she usually doesn't miss any chance she gets to kiss Teta's ass.  Wonder if he called her out about the Dr. Fauci remarks or didn't defend her like she believes she deserves to be defended if someone else criticized her comments.

• Love 15

MeAgain is a well-known name now because of all the bad press she gets. So instead of following her idol Dolly Parton, and setting a good example, she puts out there that people won't bother getting vaccinated because nothing changes. She referenced some guy's tweet who shared that story on twitter and he basically quoted his uber driver who said he doesn't see the point in getting vaccinated if he still has to wear a mask, etc.

Now MeAgain could use her power for good not evil. Instead she retweeted that guy and then even brought it up on the View. And she says again that the CDC is doing a poor job on messaging. As many of you have said, The View's own medical guests have explained all of this countless times. Then today, Whoopi, speaking directly to MeAgain, explained it again, very well indeed, for Whoopi. You could tell that MeAgain wanted to rebut what Whoopi said, but Whoopi smoothly went to break.

Why doesn't she understand that she could actually be helping the masses out there if she supported the messaging of getting vaccinated, why things cannot go back to normal immediately, etc.? Instead she chooses to encourage bad behaviour. How is this helpful to anyone? She is bitching and complaining about CDC messaging and feeding into the "don't trust the scientists" lie. It's puzzling that she doesn't understand the damage she is doing. I think Whoopi was trying very hard to splain it to her but she appears to be a lost cause.

Here's an article that talks about her idiotic comments today:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/view-meghan-mccain-doubles-down-175004089.html

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

and now she’s the only conservative voice on daytime tv?  Ego much?  I’ve been trying to figure out Whoopie’s face when M is talking...she looks pained. Maybe trying really hard not to laugh?  

I think trying to digest Meghan's daily word salads have Whoopi feeling a bit constipated (at least, that's my impression from Whoopi's facial expressions)!  🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

MeAgain did look better today. Makeup, topknot, and the blouse she was wearing.

So instead we have Sunny with the most distracting eyeshadow--was it white?! Or silver?

And Sara wearing the blouse a six year old should wear. That's a $275 monstrosity. It does look cute on the model though.

image.png.51db4a3c0d953e176c2828d8bfaf16d1.png

image.png.b356940ad14d59e28a4607260e65a943.png

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Her remarks about the Taylor Swift brouhaha were weird. She sounds so personally offended! 

Taylor Swift called and said, "Calm down, Meghan, I ain't that mad!"

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I did laugh when Meghan was all pissed and being rude to Sara ... and Sara kept laughing and talking 😄she either didn't notice Meghan's stank attitude got worse or didn't care . Either way pretty funny.

Sara may have learned that from Joy - just laugh and talk over the tempestuous toddler's tantrum. And Sara's asking if Joy would invite her to a dinner party when she gets vaccinated was probably a dig on MeAgain's previous presumptuous assumptions about what Joy would do. More power to her!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think trying to digest Meghan's daily word salads have Whoopi feeling a bit constipated (at least, that's my impression from Whoopi's facial expressions)!  🤣

Usually salad,  though, causes the opposite of constipation.  😏

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

finally getting to watch the episode.  WOW!  Sara says she was kind of a wallflower  and didn't date much - and Meghan said that the very fact that Sara said "I didn't date like Taylor swift"  means there's something negative about it.   NO!  girls that dated a lot were the fun, cool, popular girls!  Oh,  Meghan thinks dating = sex, so saying someone "dated a lot"  means you're calling them a slut.   Sara reacted well, just laughing it off, while Meghan was all "slut-shaming!  BAD"  It's like 4 of them are having one conversation, and Meghan is having her own dialog in her head. 

Talking about people not getting the vaccine - Meghan BLAMES the CDC, because they are warning people not to go back to doing everything again, just because you had the vaccine.  REALLY?  the CDC is to blame for people not getting vaccinated?  How about the republican governors who say it's not a big deal?  how about the former president who told everyone it would disappear?  The politicians at CPAC who BOOED the Hyatt representative who asked everyone to wear masks?   

Meghan seems chronically angry - she comes to work looking for a fight.  She calls President Biden is "tone deaf" in saying coal miners need to learn other skills.  Does she think coal miners PREFER to work in coal mines to any other work?   SHe really is obsessed with picking apart anything Biden says.  I guess now that she can't keep talking about "trump's base"  she hasn't got much else to say.  

• Love 15

Yep - why she wasn't around to chat about CPAC and other political issues Mon and Tue when she was absent and even today.

Or the fun twins.

IMO The View has a real problem with her views. 

And no sense of humor.

Her side glances are telling.

• Love 6
(edited)

The first time Sara left the show, there were rumors around (The NY Daily News?) that Meghan was a big factor. Treated her poorly, looked down on her, etc. I don't know if that played into her leaving, but Meghan's poor treatment of Sara was super evident on the show. Sara just got steamrolled. She's handling herself much better this time around. I still remember the show where MM and Joy got into it and MM blurted out "No, you listen to me!" cutting off Sara, and just slid back in her chair, looking defeated.

I will say (TM) that Sara is my favorite panelist. I think she's better this time around and she's not ideologically dogmatic. 

Man, after watching the Taylor Swift segment, everybody is having fun with it, and Meghan just sits there sneering with her Conservative persecution complex. She's the only conservative woman on TV, guys! 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 14
(edited)
53 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

The first time Sara left the show, there were rumors around (The NY Daily News?) that Meghan was a big factor. Treated her poorly, looked down on her, etc. I don't know if that played into her leaving, but Meghan's poor treatment of Sara was super evident on the show. Sara just got steamrolled. She's handling herself much better this time around. I still remember the show where MM and Joy got into it and MM blurted out "No, you listen to me!" cutting off Sara, and just slid back in her chair, looking defeated.

I will say (TM) that Sara is my favorite panelist. I think she's better this time around and she's not ideologically dogmatic. 

Man, after watching the segment, everybody is having fun with it, and Meghan just sits there sneering with her Conservative persecution complex. She's the only conservative woman on TV, guys! 

Sara does seem to be handling Meghan better. Despite my smart mouth regarding Meghan, I'm normally a nice person and quite sensitive. If I think I'm friends with someone and all of a sudden I get a nasty attitude, rude comments, eye rolls, it can be really hurtful. At first you wonder if maybe something's wrong with you and wonder why does this person not like me. Then when you realize this person hardly likes anyone and is rude to just about everyone, it's easier to not let it affect you. You do make a point to have a more professional relationship with someone who's not nice to you. When you are strictly coworkers, the bitchiness won't get to you the same way than if you're buddies or even work friends. Seems like that's exactly how Sara's handling it this time around. Smart girl. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, UpTooLate said:

She's been so obnoxious lately, and saying that the top disease expert in the country needs to "learn about science"? So she can go out drinking with friends? I really wonder if Meghan got a two-day suspension from the ABC for her recent shenanigans. It seems weird that it was all "Meghan's not here" (no reason) and "Meghan's back today" (no explanation).

The long (long, long, long) pause after Sarah asked Joy if she'd be invited to one of Joy's dinner parties after she was vaccinated made me laugh out loud. Awk-ward!

The whole wanting to go out drinking with friends so badly is weird to me. I know Meghan is still pretty young, but she's got her husband and a baby girl. We know she's interacted with friends too. She isn't some lonely single chick who's had minimal human interaction for a year. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain did look better today. Makeup, topknot, and the blouse she was wearing.

So instead we have Sunny with the most distracting eyeshadow--was it white?! Or silver?

And Sara wearing the blouse a six year old should wear. That's a $275 monstrosity. It does look cute on the model though.

image.png.51db4a3c0d953e176c2828d8bfaf16d1.png

image.png.b356940ad14d59e28a4607260e65a943.png

It does look very froo froo on Sara ( is froo froo a description?)  Paired with the Jeans it looks good. More relaxed, less wedding cake🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/3/2021 at 1:18 PM, tinkerbell said:

Potato Head, Muppets, Dr. Seuss -   None of them have been CANCELLED.  nobody is banning books, or making toys transgender, or refusing to air the Muppets.  It's all over-reactions to minor changes.  

I was waiting for Sunny to say this, but then I realized how unfair it is that Sunny is always the Group Member Who Has Actually Done the Reading. These ladies all have multiple devices and Google is free. I refuse to believe that these women don't have 30 minutes in their day to make sure they don't suck at their jobs. It's ridiculous that they keep trotting out that "most important talk show" line while maintaining a journalistic standard that's lower than a bar trivia team's.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Why doesn't she understand that she could actually be helping the masses out there if she supported the messaging of getting vaccinated, why things cannot go back to normal immediately, etc.?

She doesn't want to help people. She never has. She wants a platform where she can ride her outrage for exposure. She takes the approach of being slightly outside (now) of her tribe, because her Dad's actions boxed her into that. But it's still her tribe. But her overall approach?  I'll use an analogy, because I've seen a lot of him in response to the Meghan and Harry stuff lately... Meghan is Piers Morgan-ing things. Like that idiot, her entire model is being an outrage machine. It's a feature, not a bug. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Talking about people not getting the vaccine - Meghan BLAMES the CDC, because they are warning people not to go back to doing everything again, just because you had the vaccine.  REALLY?  the CDC is to blame for people not getting vaccinated?  How about the republican governors who say it's not a big deal?  how about the former president who told everyone it would disappear?  The politicians at CPAC who BOOED the Hyatt representative who asked everyone to wear masks?   

And yet Meghan still wants to get the vaccine.  She is a shit stirrer.  She thrives on it.

10 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Lying about “bringing back” coal is in the Republican handbook, and it’s disgusting. There’s a lot to say about politicians using coal states (like WV) as political footballs,

Yep. For Meghan coal miners is just politics.  Her and her tribe like to trot them out during election years.  

9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan seems chronically angry - she comes to work looking for a fight.  She calls President Biden is "tone deaf" in saying coal miners need to learn other skills.  Does she think coal miners PREFER to work in coal mines to any other work? 

The reality is that yes the miners not old enough to retire will have to learn new skills.  The same that happened when manufacturing plants closed. And steel mills closed.  People lose their jobs every day.  And not everyone is lucky enough to have opportunities to be retrained for something else at no cost.

6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I like to think ABC is having second thoughts about MM and she is being warned as well.

Two of her fans at ABC are no longer there so I do think it's possible Meghan is skating on thin ice.

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

She doesn't want to help people. She never has. She wants a platform where she can ride her outrage for exposure. She takes the approach of being slightly outside (now) of her tribe, because her Dad's actions boxed her into that. But it's still her tribe. But her overall approach?  I'll use an analogy, because I've seen a lot of him in response to the Meghan and Harry stuff lately... Meghan is Piers Morgan-ing things. Like that idiot, her entire model is being an outrage machine. It's a feature, not a bug. 

She has seen the people on her team that are the most successful are the ones who are the most obnoxious.  For her it's all about how much attention you get.  I'm sure she has a google alert for any time she gets any media mention.  

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think she is scared of her.  Plus, Whoopie got her the job and used to always baby her until she got tired of Megan's nastiness. 

I didn't know Whoopie got her the job. I remember she was one of the finalists for the job a few seasons prior before she joined, but the she withdrew her name when she found out that Sarah Palin was the other finalist (Palin was then offered the job, but she didn't want to do a full five day schedule. Jedediah got the job).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Meg hit all the Fox talking points against the voting rights act but did not address the question of states passing laws to suppress the vote. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Meghan is saying that she doesn't want criminal, i.e. people who commit voter fraud *winkwinknudgenudge" to vote, when she's really saying that any person who went to jail no longer should have any rights as a human being and as a citizen. She's clearly in favour of the 13th amendment, despite how racist it is. Her entire rant was trying to hide the fact that going so hard on this issue only hurts people of colour and those who don't come from a rich background.

• Love 19

Thanks, Sunny, for pointing out the hypocrisy of the right, right after Meg huffed and puffed about hypocrisy on the left. Interesting thought about a Rep NY gov pardoning trump crimes. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Is it just me who wants to stab something when I hear the phrase Speak your truth?  I get it, sure, but the hokey wording of it bugs me irrationally.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

The View and ABC needs to do something about the amount of time Meghan talks. I get that there's a lot to say, but either they get her someone who can help her be more concise when speaking, or they stop with the 10min ad breaks and allow everyone a chance to speak freely.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan is saying that she doesn't want criminal, i.e. people who commit voter fraud *winkwinknudgenudge" to vote, when she's really saying that any person who went to jail no longer should have any rights as a human being and as a citizen. She's clearly in favour of the 13th amendment, despite how racist it is. Her entire rant was trying to hide the fact that going so hard on this issue only hurts people of colour and those who don't come from a rich background.

But does she want them to still have a right to own a gun?  In a lot of states you can't be a convicted felon and vote but you can have a gun.  It tells me a lot that Meghan thinks people convicted of a crime shouldn't be able to have their voice heard.  

Just now, MeThinkMeNot said:

The View and ABC needs to do something about the amount of time Meghan talks. I get that there's a lot to say, but either they get her someone who can help her be more concise when speaking, or they stop with the 10min ad breaks and allow everyone a chance to speak freely.

It should be like a debate where each person is allotted a certain amount of time. Her hogging the time is par for the course with Meghan but the fact she is allowed to continue to do so is infuriating.

• Love 13
(edited)

On the flip side of Meghan getting all the time to talk, I've been noticing that Whoopi almost never swings back to herself to answer the discussion question that she poses to everyone else, so this morning my ears popped up when she actually started to add her own thoughts and I was just about to give her a pat on the back for participating but then she started talking about that one special form of ID she was given for being an American.....um, what?.......

(and this entire post reads like Meghan speaks.  One long run-on sentence with no break.)

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Thanks, Sunny, for pointing out the hypocrisy of the right, right after Meg huffed and puffed about hypocrisy on the left. Interesting thought about a Rep NY gov pardoning trump crimes

Sunny was awesome as always and very astute in pointing out that out.

7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

On the flip side of Meghan getting all the time to talk, I've been noticing that Whoopi almost never swings back to herself to answer the discussion question that she poses to everyone else, so this morning my ears popped up when she actually started to add her own input to the conversation and I was just starting to give her a pat her on the back for participating and then she started talking about that ID she was given for being an American.....what?.......

(and this entire post reads like Meghan speaks.  One long run-on sentence with no break.)

Whoopie lost me because I had no idea what she was talking about and as always Megan is an idiot. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14