Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

X, Y, Z...I get confused, too! 😄

I had forgotten there was a Gen Y before remembering I am one. LMAO I'm just so used to being called a Millennial instead that it took me a minute to connect the dots. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

According to TMZ’s initial report, Goodwin — who previously competed in Season 15 of America’s Got Talent, making it all the way to the semifinals — was performing a stunt that involved escaping from a straightjacket and falling onto an air mattress from 70 feet in the air, all while avoiding two swinging cars that were also suspended on either side of him. Goodwin was reportedly crushed by the cars, causing them to explode. Goodwin then reportedly fell to the ground and hit his head, causing some people on set to think he died.

Maybe, just maybe, this was a bad concept for a television show. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

X, Y, Z...I get confused, too! 😄

Does that mean I'm a W and my mother's a V (or perhaps a U since she had me later in life)? Also, does that mean that those following Generation Z will be 1's and 2's? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Does that mean I'm a W and my mother's a V (or perhaps a U since she had me later in life)? Also, does that mean that those following Generation Z will be 1's and 2's? 

Technically, you are a "Baby Boomer", and your mother is part of the "Silent Generation" or the "Greatest Generation". The one preceding Gen Z is called "Alpha".

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 10/16/2021 at 8:45 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

So should songs that tell stories only tell stories about good people?

Revisionist history tellers would answer in the affirmative.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:51 AM, Katy M said:

Yeah, I think they mainly just serve the same purpose as an ingredient list on food.  those who care will note and use the info.  Those that don't won't.  They certainly aren't inherently evil.  I am also against censorship.  And I don't think my parents monitored my listening or what I watched on tv at all. I grew up on soaps.  Probably why I'm still single.  I got a warped view of all things relationship:)

I was forbidden from watching Dark Shadows and Johnny Carson, which is why, as with most things taboo, I worked twice as hard to sneak-watch them.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

You mean succeeding. Preceding come before, succeeding comes after. Cue the Brave New World commentary.

Kanye West is now legally and officially just 'Ye'. Do you pronounce that yay, or yee?

I guess if  the former Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre Bono Allman's   progeny have been able to manage being surnamed Bono and Allman while she herself has been Cher with no surname  since her split with her 2nd husband while they were still young children, then I suppose the West children will somehow make do being Ye's kids! 

Still, it's hard not to just say 'Ye gads' to the news! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, bobalina said:

In high school all the stoners wanted to bee teachers assistants because you'd get high from that nasty, purple ink.

I remember doing that in Middle school and high school 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/14/2021 at 2:19 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

I mean, we can more or less successfully discourage "Baby It's Cold Outside"*,

I actually found this particularly ridiculous and love that the radio stations in my area still play it.

I don't care one way or the other about Brown Sugar.  Never been a Stones fan.  But it's their song, and if they choose to retire it, good for them, I guess.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:07 PM, methodwriter85 said:

It would have absolutely sank with Anthony Michael Hall. He's not a bad actor, but he doesn't have the charisma to pull off Ferris. Ferris only works if you believe he is the type of person that could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo. Matthew Broderick in his prime had that. You believed that people would hang on to his every word and follow him anywhere. The only other age appropriate actor I could see playing Ferris is Robert Downey Jr.

There is no actor on the planet who could've made that character bearable for me.  I hate the character and loathed the film when I finally saw it a couple of years ago.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, kariyaki said:

I think it just says that Jagger mumbles a lot.

I honestly can't understand the lyrics to half the Stones' songs because he doesn't enunciate at all.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

There is no actor on the planet who could've made that character bearable for me.  I hate the character and loathed the film when I finally saw it a couple of years ago.

THANK YOU.    Everyone acts like Ferris Bueller's Day Off is THE ANTHEM to teenagers.   It was just some annoying kid cutting school and getting his friends to cut with him.  Ferris not "a righteous dude."

• Love 9
On 10/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, SusannahM said:

I could be wrong  but I think another big difference is, frankly, most of the artists listed by @Leeds are rappers and the problematic (to say the least) lyrics are part of what they sell,  Those songs are not getting played on the radio - or certainly not on stations aimed at Mom, Dad and the kiddies.  A song like Brown Sugar on the other hand gets a lot of airplay, especially, let's face it, on golden oldies stations.  That said an awful lot of mainstream rock songs don't bear close scrutiny - misogyny thy name is rock.

To be fair, though, when the song was first released, The Rolling Stones were all about being the bad boys your parents didn't want you to listen to, and some radio stations didn't play their music.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I'll be watching you is a stalker song.

The title is Every Breath You Take, but yes, it is about stalking.  Which is fine.  Songs can be about disturbing subjects.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:54 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

The only reason I knew what it was about was because of that awesome scene in The Wire season 1 where one of the detectives shows how he would be good at listening to tapped phones and understanding the slang being used because when he was a kid he listened to Brown Sugar on repeat until he figured out what the lyrics were.

Yep, that's how I knew what the song was about.  And that is a brilliant scene.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 10/16/2021 at 11:17 PM, aradia22 said:

But does this need to be a book that all the high school students in that class are obligated to read?

Actually it should be, because it can be a very effective way of teaching about attitudes of the time and how they've changed over the years.  It should not, however, be the only book used to teach about the subject of slavery and racial discrimination.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Actually it should be, because it can be a very effective way of teaching about attitudes of the time and how they've changed over the years.

I really disagree. Most high school classes do not have time or ability to cover them in the way that is necessary to actually make them effective teaching tools. 

4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

The title is Every Breath You Take, but yes, it is about stalking.  Which is fine.  Songs can be about disturbing subjects.

I really wonder what responsibility entertainers have when songs and movies about disturbing subjects like stalking are held as romantic. I’m not saying that those things shouldn’t be made but that the creators should be more cautious than they seem to be. 

I've mentioned this at least once before, Sarah McLaughlin wrote Possession about her stalker and the chorus describes a sexual assault:

'And I would be the one
to hold you down
kiss you so hard
I'll take your breath away
and after, I'd wipe away the tears
just close your eyes dear'

But it gets played at lots of weddings. Because people are stupid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Dani said:

I really wonder what responsibility entertainers have when songs and movies about disturbing subjects like stalking are held as romantic. I’m not saying that those things shouldn’t be made but that the creators should be more cautious than they seem to be. 

I read an interview awhile back where Sting expressed his dismay that that song got played at weddings.

• Love 18

Oh, god, "Possession" as a wedding song?! Yeah, that's....that's a hideously poor choice right there, that is.

I've also heard about people playing R.E.M.'s "The One I Love" at weddings or as radio dedications. Which...yeah, no. If you're going to use a song for romantic purposes, people, for the love of God, read the damn lyrics first. There's plenty of lyric sites out there, it's not that hard to search them out. 

(If nothing else, listen to how minor-key and melancholy the music sounds. That's generally a good clue the song is not meant to be a happy one.)

Edited by Annber03
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Dani said:

For what it's worth, Sting thinks anyone who plays the song for a romantic purpose (eg, proposal, wedding) is nuts. 

• Love 12

I thought Adele got away with being a stalker with her song "Someone Like You" where she shows up on the guy's doorstep after he'd gotten married.  I also thought "Hello" was creepy, yet no one called her on either of those songs.  I haven't listened to all the lyrics of her latest single but isn't she, yet again, moaning over some guy? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

I've also heard about people playing R.E.M.'s "The One I Love" at weddings or as radio dedications. Which...yeah, no. If you're going to use a song for romantic purposes, people, for the love of God, read the damn lyrics first. There's plenty of lyric sites out there, it's not that hard to search them out.

A friend from college walked down the aisle to 'Another One Bites The Dust'. She tried to find a romantic song initially but all the ones that are actually about two people genuinely in love she hated so she went for a laugh instead. It worked much better than the mutterings that must go on whenever someone tries to sell 'Every Breath You Take' as romantic.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I was always creeped out by the lyrics to Invisible by Clay Aiken. 

My sister loved his music back in the day, and she had a poster of him in her room. Definitely made the lyrics a little more unnerving whenever I'd pop in there for some reason and see him staring down from that poster :p. 

• LOL 6
16 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

A friend from college walked down the aisle to 'Another One Bites The Dust'. She tried to find a romantic song initially but all the ones that are actually about two people genuinely in love she hated so she went for a laugh instead. It worked much better than the mutterings that must go on whenever someone tries to sell 'Every Breath You Take' as romantic.

Several years ago a co-worker was getting married and we gave a little party at the office and played "Another One Bites the Dust."  It was a hit!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

For what it's worth, Sting thinks anyone who plays the song for a romantic purpose (eg, proposal, wedding) is nuts. 

That doesn’t really surprise me because I do think that particular song is done in a way that is more creepy than romantic. 

It’s a subject that has been on my mind recently with the new season of You out. Netflix posted a reminder that the actor is hot and the murdering, stalker he plays is not hot. It may not be effective but I really appreciate when creators attempt to inject some reality. 

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought Adele got away with being a stalker with her song "Someone Like You" where she shows up on the guy's doorstep after he'd gotten married.  I also thought "Hello" was creepy, yet no one called her on either of those songs.  

These are the type of songs that bother me. Extremely unhealthy relationships wrapped up as romantic. In fairness to singers like Adele, obsession and jealousy being confused for romance and love is so prevalent that many are just repeating the same crap the have been fed all their life. 

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I haven't listened to all the lyrics of her latest single but isn't she, yet again, moaning over some guy? 

Not in her new single. It is partially about her divorce but is written to her son and her fans. 

Edited by Guest

This woman just annoys the hell out of me, she keeps using her kids as some kind of shield, "See what a great mother I am? I take them everywhere!"

Angelina Jolie Brings Kids Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox to Eternals Premiere

30 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought Adele got away with being a stalker with her song "Someone Like You" where she shows up on the guy's doorstep after he'd gotten married.  I also thought "Hello" was creepy, yet no one called her on either of those songs.  I haven't listened to all the lyrics of her latest single but isn't she, yet again, moaning over some guy? 

I completely agree, they were always stalker songs to me, I can't understand how people don't see them that way.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, GaT said:

This woman just annoys the hell out of me, she keeps using her kids as some kind of shield, "See what a great mother I am? I take them everywhere!"

Angelina Jolie Brings Kids Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox to Eternals Premiere

43 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I can’t say that I like her but really don’t see what’s wrong with taking the kids to a premiere. She one of the stars of the movie so I really doubt she needed a shield in that situation. Maybe the kids actually enjoyed and wanted to go to the premiere. 

8 minutes ago, Dani said:

I can’t say that I like her but really don’t see what’s wrong with taking the kids to a premiere. She one of the stars of the movie so I really doubt she needed a shield in that situation. Maybe the kids actually enjoyed and wanted to go to the premiere. 

ITA She's taking her own kids it's not like Michael Jackson taking children he isn't related to award shows. Her kids are old enough to like Marvel movies they aren't props.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

ITA She's taking her own kids it's not like Michael Jackson taking children he isn't related to award shows. Her kids are old enough to like Marvel movies they aren't props.

And if her kids are anything like the kids of other famous actors then there's a good change none of them were impressed with her career until she got the MCU gig. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

Also, one, this is hardly the first time Angelina has brought her kids to a movie premiere. The first time was for the first Maleficent premiere when she and Brad were still together. Since I know the cynical view by some is that she's playing up the "perfect Mom" act to keep trying to make him look bad (not that some of his own actions haven't done that.  But those keep being ignored and swept under the rug. But I digress...). 

And two, the flipside of course is that when some famous women aren't seen with their children, sometimes even just for a week or two, the mommy shaming begins, especially if they're in a public romance. See Megan Fox and J Lo. And the J Lo situation is especially shitty as J Lo is out and about with her kids a lot.

But as soon as she shows up on one too many red carpets, it's all, "who is taking of her children". As if this woman doesn't share custody with her children's father. And unlike Brad and Angelina, she and Mark actually like each other and peacefully co-parent. 

Regarding Adele's music, it may just be me but I don't think her music has ever been seen as romantic per se but more sad and heartbreaking. Some don't call her the Queen of Heartbreak for nothing.  It's why there were people seriously up on social media sharing their excitement when her split from her husband was announced, actually posting stuff like, "come through sad album..."

So that's why I don't consider her songs as having this creepy, obsessive stalker undertone. They, to me anyway, are more along the vein of that hurt you never got over, "what could have been", etc. I mean to each his own but I would hardly compare this:

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore

To this:

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you.

Oh can't you see
You belong to me?

Every Breath You Take can be the anthem for Joe Goldberg. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Also, one, this is hardly the first time Angelina has brought her kids to a movie premiere. ...

Also hardly the first celebrity to bring their kids to a premiere. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Dani said:

5 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

4 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

And if her kids are anything like the kids of other famous actors then there's a good change none of them were impressed with her career until she got the MCU gig. 

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Also, one, this is hardly the first time Angelina has brought her kids to a movie premiere. The first time was for the first Maleficent premiere when she and Brad were still together. Since I know the cynical view by some is that she's playing up the "perfect Mom" act to keep trying to make him look bad (not that some of his own actions haven't done that.  But those keep being ignored and swept under the rug. But I digress...). 

She's brought them to a number of premieres, & it has nothing to do with Brad. What annoys me is how many times I've seen a red carpet interview with her where she's suddenly said "excuse me, my children need me" & walked away. If your children can't be on their own when you bring them to work (and it's work, without question), then either bring a minder for them, or leave them home. Don't pull the "being a mommy is such an important job to me I can't talk to you for 5 more minutes" crap. That's what I mean by a shield.

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, GaT said:

She's brought them to a number of premieres, & it has nothing to do with Brad. What annoys me is how many times I've seen a red carpet interview with here where she's suddenly said "excuse me, my children need me" & walked away. If your children can't be on their own when you bring them to work (and it's work, without question), then either bring a minder for them, or leave them home. Don't pull the "being a mommy is such an important job to me I can't talk to you for 5 more minutes" crap. That's what I mean by a shield.

Do you have any links to her doing that? I never seen it and google is failing me. I’m super curious about the context. 

42 minutes ago, Dani said:

Do you have any links to her doing that? I never seen it and google is failing me. I’m super curious about the context. 

Sorry, I tried to find it, but I keep getting waylaid by stories about the Eternals premiere. I've just seen her do it a few times & it really gets on my nerves.

6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, god, "Possession" as a wedding song?! Yeah, that's....that's a hideously poor choice right there, that is.

(If nothing else, listen to how minor-key and melancholy the music sounds. That's generally a good clue the song is not meant to be a happy one.)

Yeah, its just weird. I like that R.E.M song and a lot of other songs that are definitely not romantic and listen to them often.  But wouldn't chose my wedding day to listen to anything. Oddly enough I'd rather go with happy and/or romantic songs. 

But it does make me think of the scene in the Gilmore Girls when Lorelai and Rory are horrified at Sookie's choices to walk down the aisle too.

LORELAI: Sookie, you've gotta be kidding.

SOOKIE: What?

LORELAI: You cannot walk down the aisle to that.

SOOKIE: Why? LORELAI: It's depressing.

SOOKIE: It's Ella.

LORELAI: It's morbid.

SOOKIE: It's a classic song.

LORELAI: A classic song with lyrics about a woman who can't make her relationship work, whose life is filled with emptiness and regret and pain.

SOOKIE: Oh, who listens to the lyrics?

LORELAI: Anybody not hanging out with Annie Sullivan by the water pump.

RORY: What are these? SOOKIE: Oh, those are some alternative songs, but I really like this one the best.

LORELAI: Alternative songs, good. Let's see. Hey Jude.

SOOKIE: Paul wrote it for Julian to cheer him up.

LORELAI: Seasons in the Sun?

SOOKIE: Oh, a sentimental favorite.

LORELAI: Cat's in the Cradle?

SOOKIE: Oh, it makes you re-examine your priorities.

LORELAI: Don't Cry Out Loud? Sookie, do you even like Jackson?

RORY: I'll tell you what, Sookie. How about Lane and I come up with a few more suggestions for you? Still melodic, but not quite as Girl, Interrupted. SOOKIE: All right, fine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Dani said:

I absolutely disagree.  It's not Sting's fault or his problem that people are stupid and misunderstand his song.  Anymore that it would've been Picasso's problem if idiots had taken Guernica as an endorsement of war.  Artists are not responsible for how people misinterpret art.

11 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

It's not Adele's responsibility to explicitly explain every single song she writes so that idiots get what she's talking about.  Yes, both Someone Like You and Hello are stalker songs told from the point of view of a woman who won't get over being dumped.  It's actually pretty clear in the lyrics.  People not understanding that is on the listener, not the artist.

10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Regarding Adele's music, it may just be me but I don't think her music has ever been seen as romantic per se but more sad and heartbreaking. Some don't call her the Queen of Heartbreak for nothing.  It's why there were people seriously up on social media sharing their excitement when her split from her husband was announced, actually posting stuff like, "come through sad album..."

Some of her songs definitely have a stalker vibe.  Not all of them, though.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller is one of the great casting choices especially because he’s the reason Alan Ruck was picked to play Cameron.   John Hughes had met Ruck before in Breakfast Club auditions and didn’t think Ruck would work as Cameron but Broderick advocated for Ruck heavily.  Ferris can be an arrogant jerk but the movie works for me because at heart it’s really about Cameron.  I think Ferris primary motivation for that particular day off is Cameron.  In his asides to the camera Ferris talks about Cameron more than anyone else,  the parade scene happens specifically because he’s trying to impress Cameron, Ferris has a whole scene monologuing about his concerns about what will happen to Cameron after high school graduation and the big emotional moment at the end is with Cameron and his abusive father’s car.  Ferris is worried about his friend but has no clue how to talk to him and thinks the solution is to get Cameron to cut school and  try to get him to have fun.  Ferris is flawed but he’s has more depth then he appears to.   He isn’t always nice to Cameron but he does care about him even if he doesn’t understand how to express it directly.

I don't care for the movie as much as I did when I was a kid, but I agree with what you said here.  The definitive proof is the part at the end with the car because Ferris was insisting that he take the heat for it.  When Cameron said he wanted the heat, Ferris said "Not this kind of heat".  He looked sincerely worried about Cameron.  I do still like certain moments in the movie, though, I just can't sit through the whole thing again.  Funny, with all of Ferris' and his friends' shenanigans to choose from, one of my favorite scenes is the one with Jenny and the kid played by Charlie Sheen in the police station. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

It's not Adele's responsibility to explicitly explain every single song she writes so that idiots get what she's talking about.  Yes, both Someone Like You and Hello are stalker songs told from the point of view of a woman who won't get over being dumped.  It's actually pretty clear in the lyrics.  People not understanding that is on the listener, not the artist.

I never really saw them as stalkery but more as someone who just wants to see the guy one last time for some closure.  Although in Hello she does seem to be a bit overly invested since he never answers the phone, LOL.

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I never really saw them as stalkery but more as someone who just wants to see the guy one last time for some closure.  Although in Hello she does seem to be a bit overly invested since he never answers the phone, LOL.

True, but I never got a stalker vibe.  In Hello, what stood out to me was that the song must be pretty old, because she’s calling on a landline and she hasn’t checked social media to see what he’s up to.  🥴

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I absolutely disagree.  It's not Sting's fault or his problem that people are stupid and misunderstand his song.  Anymore that it would've been Picasso's problem if idiots had taken Guernica as an endorsement of war.  Artists are not responsible for how people misinterpret art.

I didn’t say any of that. Just that I wonder about how much responsibility there should be and that many seem to be irresponsible in how they handle certain topics. I actually don’t put Sting in the later category because he doesn’t romanticize stalking.

I was more thinking of things like Twilight which holds up stalking and obsession as some great love or the Adele songs mentioned. I do believe that those artists do have some responsibility for normalizing and romanticizing toxic behavior. Although, I’m still not sure how much responsibility there is since those beliefs are so engrained in our culture.  Mainly, I think society does a piss poor job teaching what a healthy relationship looks like which as a resulted in people seeing songs like I’ll Be Watching You as romantic. 

3 minutes ago, Dani said:

I didn’t say any of that. Just that I wonder about how much responsibility there should be and that many seem to be irresponsible in how they handle certain topics. I actually don’t put Sting in the later category because he doesn’t romanticize stalking.

I was more thinking of things like Twilight which holds up stalking and obsession as some great love or the Adele songs mentioned. I do believe that those artists do have some responsibility for normalizing and romanticizing toxic behavior. Although, I’m still not sure how much responsibility there is since those beliefs are so engrained in our culture.  Mainly, I think society does a piss poor job teaching what a healthy relationship looks like which as a resulted in people seeing songs like I’ll Be Watching You as romantic. 

3 minutes ago, Dani said:

I’ll Be Watching You

That's not the name of the song.  It's Every Breath You take.  (Sorry to be pedantic, but this really bugs me.)

We'll have to agree to disagree on this subject because I don't think an artist has the responsibility for how people choose to interpret their work.  Even for crap like Twilight.

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this subject because I don't think an artist has the responsibility for how people choose to interpret their work.  Even for crap like Twilight.

I’m not talking about how people interpret the work. I am talking about the actual content of the work. Twilight presents a man sneaking in and watching a teenager sleep as a great romance. That’s not interpretation. That is deliberately romanticizing stalking. 

2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

My point was that Sting's song has been called stalkery, but no one's ever called out Adele's songs. 

13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And two, the flipside of course is that when some famous women aren't seen with their children, sometimes even just for a week or two, the mommy shaming begins, especially if they're in a public romance. See Megan Fox and J Lo. And the J Lo situation is especially shitty as J Lo is out and about with her kids a lot.

But as soon as she shows up on one too many red carpets, it's all, "who is taking of her children". As if this woman doesn't share custody with her children's father. And unlike Brad and Angelina, she and Mark actually like each other and peacefully co-parent. 

So that's why I don't consider her songs as having this creepy, obsessive stalker undertone. They, to me anyway, are more along the vein of that hurt you never got over, "what could have been", etc. I mean to each his own but I would hardly compare this:

To this:

Every Breath You Take can be the anthem for Joe Goldberg. 

How about this from Someone Like You?

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things, I didn't give to you
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light

I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it

I had hoped you'd see my face
And that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over

Bolding is mine, but if that ain't stalking, I don't know what is.  To me, that's just as bad as Sting's song.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

But, what do you mean by responsibility?  Do you mean that they should be criminally charged every time someone stalks someone and says they got the idea from Twilight?   I'm never going to watch or read that drivel, but it's just a story.

• Love 2

My wife was never allowed to watch ferris buellers day off as a kid because her parents thought it would give her bad ideas. 

But then My grandparents never allowed me to watch the love boat because it wasnt 'appropriate' for kids.  

And a friend of mine wasn't allowed to watch threes company.  Men and women living together!!!   

The point being people find problems with everything and it's impossible to please everyone.  Yes artists have some responsibility for not glorifying things but viewers and fans have the primary responsibility for learning context, interpretation and the fact writing about something does not always mean endorsing it.  

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 17