Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, GaT said:

10 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Me: Briefly confused because I thought BetterUp was Better Health. What is an "impact officer"? 

In Harry's case, it will be "here's your office and a secretary/assistant where you can sit for eight hours while we pay you handsomely for your name to increase our public recognition and then you can go home."

• Love 14
5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Ohh, it makes more sense hearing it in that context. I've never heard it used for a Silicon Valley startup or really any for-profit company and it was impossible to google any words related to this without just getting stories about Harry. Even with the mental health component, it feels weird hearing it connected to a company making money from corporations. Like, I wouldn't expect Tiktok to have a Chief Impact Officer to gauge widespread usage or user experience with the app. Even if it was a meditation app like Calm, calling it "impact" would sound strange. It only makes sense when I think about "charitable impact." idk, none of this is about Harry and more about how strange I find Silicon Valley and tech stuff in general. It's like all the corporations are trying to sound evil/cagey about what they're doing.

I agree. It may be a position that is growing with for-profit corporations. I know McDonalds hired a Chief Impact Officer a few months ago. It seems to be less about charitable impact and more about how the company or charity is viewed. Someone who oversees multiple areas like communications, PR and government relations. 

5 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

In Harry's case, it will be "here's your office and a secretary/assistant where you can sit for eight hours while we pay you handsomely for your name to increase our public recognition and then you can go home."

It's silly, but harmless. 

People get much more for much less reason. I'm not going to lose sleep over this one. 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Oh, and how did I not know that Darryl Hannah married Neil Young? That seems...off.

Neil Young the 70-something year old singer? I mean, I love him but not in that way. lol NVM I just looked it up. Darryl Hannah is 60?!?!??!?! When the hell did that happen? haha

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:
22 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Most of the Marvel movie actors.

I'm sure those movies have a plot, but I'm just there for the eye candy. 😍

Which is why I have actually watched "Venom" twice. Tom Hardy....jest sayin....

• LOL 5
13 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Neil Young the 70-something year old singer? I mean, I love him but not in that way. lol NVM I just looked it up. Darryl Hannah is 60?!?!??!?! When the hell did that happen? haha

Yes, Neil...the elderly singer and Darryl, the actress big in the 80s. She would have been making Sense8 with the Wachowskis when this relationship started, or at least working with Lana during S2. That doesn't seem like Neil's sort of show, not that you have to like what your spouse is doing, but erm...

1 minute ago, isalicat said:

Which is why I have actually watched "Venom" twice. Tom Hardy....jest sayin....

Oh Tom Hardy, when he looks like that nice bit of rough trade, oh yeah. I put him on my "dream bod" list. Oh, and did anyone see him reading Night Before Christmas with some royals back for the holidays? It was lovely

In other news, this Shrimp Tails/Cinnamon Toast Crunch/Spouse of 90s Teen Sitcom Star/Exes Reporting Abuse twitter things is a wild ride. From what I understand, some rando found shrimp tails in his cereal and contacted General Mills, who responded sketchily. He tweeted the whole thing. It caught some attention for being funny. Turns out he's married to a 90s teen sitcom star whose last name is Fishel. Now this guy's ex girlfriends are reporting that he was an abusive asshole.

I'm going back to watching the volcano in Iceland. This live feed is so calming. 

https://www.ruv.is/frett/2021/03/20/live-feed-from-iceland-volcano

And beautiful. 

• Love 5

Beneath the fold, the company also announced its “refreshed purpose to feed and foster communities,” with a focus on four areas specifically: responsibly-sourced ingredients, driving climate action, connecting with communities in times of need and an increasing focus on equity. With that plan, McDonald’s disclosed some pretty lofty goals, including sourcing 100% of packaging from renewable, recycled or certified sources by 2025 and “reducing barriers to employment” for over 2 million people.

No doubt focusing on everything from equity to packaging to hunger is a tall task. To lead this work, the chain brought Katie Beirne Fallon on board in October as its new executive vice president and chief global impact officer.  

Throughout the past year, for example, McDonald’s gave away 12 million “Thank You Meals” to healthcare workers and first responders, hosted Kindness Kitchens in the Philippines to serve more than 100,000 meals to healthcare workers and donated millions of masks and millions of pounds of food throughout its global communities. The Thank You Meals giveaway, Fallon notes, equates to about $63 million in free food.

Though it can be difficult to identify a return on investment from environmental, social and governance work, Fallon said the company saw a “measurable increase in trust” among its customers throughout 2020. The company is also working on a solution to fill that measurement void. 

“Everyone working in the ESG space knows how challenging it is to quantify a return on investment for the work we do in this space, especially with a decentralized franchise business model with an independent supply chain,” she said. “That is why it is important we continue to build momentum toward more holistic impact metrics tracking and a reporting regime that can bolster our collective ability to define and quantify value creation.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciakelso/2021/03/01/how-mcdonalds-new-chief-global-impact-officer-plans-to-execute-the-companys-refreshed-purpose/?sh=4d83307125af

1. I continue to feel like business jargon is purposely opaque and convoluted

2. In McDonald's case it seems like "impact" is about balancing not having a negative impact (e.g. sustainability/recycling, making more plant-based Beyond Meat options, trying to prevent the deforestation that happens along its supply chain) with having an actively positive impact (e.g. donating food and PPE, "hiring women and diverse employees")

3. It does feel like a component of this is employee morale and consumer trust though I'm not sure that's part of being an impact officer since this woman is also the executive VP

4. With this new knowledge, it makes sense for huge corporations to measure their positive/negative impact on the world. That said, I wouldn't really trust Amazon to gauge how much any charitable initiatives or attempts to diversify the shows produced by Amazon studios positively impact the world compared to their exploitation of warehouse workers, union busting, the environmental impact of all the packaging/shipping, crushing of small businesses, etc. Even with my earlier TikTok example, I don't know that having an impact officer would stop them from deprioritizing non-white creators and not including small modifications that would give them credit for their work, stealing user data, taking down posts related to BLM and anything else it finds objectionable, etc. 

5. To bring this back to celebrities and also smaller companies, I don't know that you can do positive/negative impact for something like Rosamund Pike's transcendental meditation flashing lights seizure app. They don't have a Chief Impact Officer to my knowledge but, if they did, it would seem odd to co-opt the language of non-profits to make their service sound more altruistic and socially responsible. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/rosamund-pike-meditation-app-psychedelic-b922174.html

• Useful 4

If you ARE interested in hearing someone talk about Sheryl's part of this situation, I think this video has a worthwhile take. You can skip the parts that rehash the Royals stuff though it weaves in and out. 

• Love 7

"But it's time for me to say goodbye. This no longer serves me as positively as it serves me negatively, and I think that's the right time to call something," she wrote. "My life goal is to make people happy. The pain I feel when I don't is too much for me. I've always been portrayed as the strong clap back girl but I'm just not."

"My desire to be liked and fear of pissing people off has made me somebody you didn't sign up for, and a different human than I started out here as! Live well, tweeters," she continued. "Please know all I ever cared about was you!!!"

I feel like she's saying she wanted to be an asshole but it took too much of a toll to have people criticizing her both fairly and unfairly so she'd rather not because she can't say whatever she wants to while still being liked. This is what I'm getting through the mix of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" and inspirational pop psychology.

I can truly sympathize with having the kind of brain that still gets rocked by someone with no influence ("2-follower count punches") saying something even mildly critical. But I'm definitely side-eyeing some of this. Still, good for her if she can step away from it. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Zara Tindall, wife of former rugby player Mike Tindall and granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth gave birth to her third child on the bathroom floor.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/24/uk/zara-phillips-third-child-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

Well, almost a century earlier, his maternal-maternal great-grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh was born on a kitchen table in his parents' home in Greece so no doubt Master Tindall has already started on having an unconventional bent! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Time will tell how long this break actually lasts. ...

I'm going to try to be nice here and not add in my two cents.

Chrissy Teigen Says 'Goodbye' to Twitter and Deletes Her Account: I’m Not the 'Strong Clap Back Girl'

I was never a fan of hers (I always just found her vaguely annoying), but this explains the cryptic Nick Lutsko tweet from earlier today. 

For context, he wrote a humorous song last year about her unfollowing him. I thought it was pretty amusing and was meant in good fun and poked way more fun of himself for being a dorky weirdo, but I'm not sure she found it all that funny. She did refollow him afterward, though, after a bunch of people started asking her why she unfollowed him. 😄  

In any event, I saw that on my feed and was confused but not curious enough to figure out what he was talking about. 

• Love 3

Meghan McCain is trending for all the wrong reasons again. Wondering if greater AAPI representation means white people will loose jobs.

The show’s panelists were discussing calls by Sens. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) for more Asian American Pacific and Islander representation, or AAPI, among President Biden’s Cabinet. While the other co-hosts endorsed greater representation, McCain, who is considered the show’s conservative voice, questioned whether promoting AAPI figures would deal a blow to candidates who are more worthy of the positions — an assertion that earned a quick rebuke from many who said talent and diversity are not mutually exclusive....

People pointed out that McCain’s argument was not an uncommon one in national discussions about race-conscious policies, including affirmative action, but that it was built around a perception that people of color fall short compared with White competitors. Others said McCain, the daughter of the late senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), was hypocritical, given the role her family’s identity has played in her media career....

“I think it’s not about gender and race being more important than qualifications,” responded Sunny Hostin, another host of the talk show. “It’s about the fact that there are many qualified women and minority candidates that never get the opportunity because of the advancement of generally White males’ mediocrity, because of things like legacy.”

In her remarks, McCain said “The View” had one Asian co-host, Lisa Ling, in its nearly 25 years on air, asking whether that meant one of the current hosts should step aside to make room for voices left unrepresented. Ling, who now has her own show on CNN, was on “The View” from 1999 to 2002.

There's a lot more, including the part where she was fine with calling Covid the Wuhan flu a year ago. That she only apologized for this week after John Oliver made sure everyone knew about it. Can't they find a non-bigoted, young, conservative voice?

• Love 13

McCain is very clearly coming from a place where white people are better qualified for everything, so any person of color would be “taking” the place of the rightful winner. And she sees nothing wrong with that. SMH.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

McCain is very clearly coming from a place where white people are better qualified for everything, so any person of color would be “taking” the place of the rightful winner. And she sees nothing wrong with that. SMH.

At what point does ABC say enough is enough? 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Still, good for her if she can step away from it. 

I hope she can manage to do it.  I've got friends on FB who make the grand farewell on Monday morning and are usually back posting by Monday night.  It's laughable in a way but social media is also an addiction for many.

1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

At what point does ABC say enough is enough? 

I think, sadly, only if the ratings start to suffer or if enough advertisers start pulling out and saying it's because of McCain.

• Love 8
On 3/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, catlover79 said:

Happy 90th to Bill Shatner!! He is not the only celeb to have celebrated that milestone recently. Hal Linden aka Barney Miller also celebrated his 90th this past weekend!! 🎂🎁🎉🎊

20210324_110123.jpg

20210324_110143.jpg

He was born Harold Lipshitz and,  changed it between high school and college. He also said that his own father was for the name change!  Decades later, when asked why he changed his name, he replied"That's a silly question!"

FWIW, I've always liked him and thought he did very good work so Happy Birthday, Mr. Linden!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Time will tell how long this break actually lasts. ...

I'm going to try to be nice here and not add in my two cents.

Chrissy Teigen Says 'Goodbye' to Twitter and Deletes Her Account: I’m Not the 'Strong Clap Back Girl'

I will add my two cents. I'm certain she'll be back eventually. 

Chrissy Teigen takes some parsing.  On one hand, she suffered last year through some real pain I sympathise with, a miscarriage.  Anyone who goes through that deserves some kind wishes and sympathy. 

On the other hand, she's kind of annoying, I've yet to understand what her actual talent is (and apparently she's fed up with people questioning that very thing) and even coasting by on being a former model and married to another famous person has gotten old. 

I think the biggest reaction to Chrissy deleting her Twitter account is probably going to be "um... okay", or a shrug. 

I wish her well.  But I bet she'll be back. She'll comment in some interview in 3 months how freeing it is to forget about social media.  Then in 2 years she'll rejoin it and post about how glad she is to be back. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I hope she can manage to do it.  I've got friends on FB who make the grand farewell on Monday morning and are usually back posting by Monday night.  It's laughable in a way but social media is also an addiction for many.

I personally don't get it but I've always preferred message boards and forums and just directly messaging people I know. I don't use my social media to talk to anyone besides occasionally tweeting at the kind of minor celebs who would appreciate a nice comment. I haven't deleted my twitter because of those liked tweets but I could do it tomorrow with no issue. My facebook hasn't been active in years but it's my best way of tenuously keeping in touch with a bunch of people. The only one I like is instagram because I get a pretty feed of cats and fashion and whatnot. I guess it's more addicting if you get used to the validation of "likes" but I can't really relate. Even on the platforms where I've gotten a taste of that, it always feels empty compared to actual human interaction. But maybe if you get hundreds or thousands of "likes" it feels more validating?

• Love 8

Facebook I'm on but I never ever really used it so I am not affected very much by that platform. 

I managed to quit Twitter when I went on vacation and switched phones (and couldn't really remember my password.)  It really does need to work like a detox because it can be continuously part of one's life.   I still go on Twitter to read specific accounts every now and again but, like Facebook, I don't post there.  It's easier when that's not where I'm engaged.  It's easier to establish Twitter-specific time.

I think that's what she'll need to do.  And I actually like Chrissy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

He was born Harold Lipshitz and,  changed it between high school and college.  He also said that his own father was for the name change!  Decades later, when asked why he changed his name, he replied"That's a silly question!"

I loved Harold Lipshitz
More than I can possibly say
He was a real artistic guy
Sensitive, an actor . . .

Sorry.  Couldn't resist. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 4

I used to have Twitter and Instagram, still do technically though I've long forgotten my passwords. I liked Instagram for following about a half dozen corgi's but I follow them on Facebook now so I'm good. Actually about half my Facebook "friends" are dogs I've never met. lol Twitter, I used to enjoy some BTS stuff from folks involved in shows I like but it just got annoying. 

Chrissy strikes me as the type who is desperate for approval and attention but doesn't like the negative. So the negative will drive her away for a while, but then she'll miss the praise of strangers and be back. It's her main way of staying relevant. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I am on exactly zero social media platforms. I even talked an acquaintance into deleting Facebook once. Not a Luddite, but 99.99% of it is useless. For Crissy Teigen, I was reading an article today, of course I don't remember the source, that pointed out as a Black woman online she was subject to an immense amount of racist/sexist harassment and vitriol.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Chrissy strikes me as the type who is desperate for approval and attention but doesn't like the negative. So the negative will drive her away for a while, but then she'll miss the praise of strangers and be back. It's her main way of staying relevant. 

She admits this freely. She wants to be liked.  But it is also true that she was the target of relentless harassment from white supremacists. There were people who cheered and gloried in her miscarriage and tagged her to let her know about it.  So there is simply negative feedback and then there is concentrated online abuse.

Most celebs on twitter don't actually "talk" to randos.  They'll post something but rarely will they actually interact with a non-'blue check".  (unless they are Scott Baio).  But her twitter feed became a sort of call-and-response cycle.  Because she did engage then she became a target because people knew she would engage and it just fed on itself.  She was her own worst enemy there.

Whatever you feel about her -- good, bad, indifferent -- at the end of the day she is an ex-model wife of a singer who basically overshared about her personal life. I don't believe anything she did merited the outsized level of hate and harassment -- much of it misogynistic and racist -- that she got.  Personally, I do hope she stays off twitter.  I don't think the type of engagement she had on that platform was healthy at all.  But I also agree with popular opinion that she probably will be back.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I am on exactly zero social media platforms. I even talked an acquaintance into deleting Facebook once. Not a Luddite, but 99.99% of it is useless. For Crissy Teigen, I was reading an article today, of course I don't remember the source, that pointed out as a Black woman online she was subject to an immense amount of racist/sexist harassment and vitriol.

She absolutely has been subjected to racist/sexual harassment but she’s Thai, not Black. 

49 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Personally, I do hope she stays off twitter.  I don't think the type of engagement she had on that platform was healthy at all.  But I also agree with popular opinion that she probably will be back.

I know she recently quit drinking so hopefully she is also making changes to be mentally healthier and won’t get pulled back into the toxic aspects of social media. 

2 hours ago, Dani said:

She absolutely has been subjected to racist/sexual harassment but she’s Thai, not Black. 

Right. She's married to a black guy, but is mixed-race Thai and White. 

Her parents....

SXQzbjhoMVB3NWtQNGhwTmQ2aGwucG5n.jpg

I do think she's definitely sexually harassed. That doesn't stop me from thinking she's a bit of a twit.  I do recall lots of harassing stuff about her marriage too.  It's a weird middle ground for me, because I at least in part stopped watching Lip Synch Battle because she's damned annoying, but I also don't understand people's instincts to attack her marriage, kids, sexy photos online, or her race. I mean... WTH? 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 11
On 3/23/2021 at 9:57 PM, BlackberryJam said:

I might have been only one of three people to watch Kings with Ian McShane, but I loved Sebastian Stan in it!

I watched that too. It was great and if it was available streaming somewhere for me I would totally watch it again. But yea no one else did. I think I remember that one of the episodes that got burned off on a Saturday got the lowest ever Neilsen rating for any first run episode of a show on NBC (or possibly on any major network) in the history of the Neilsen ratings.

• Love 5

Chrissy Teigen was subjected to sexual and racial harassment on line.   Chrissy Teigen is a twit who craves attention, hence the oversharing and interaction with "randos" online.   Both can be true.   The latter does not make the former acceptable ("well she put herself out there what did she expect?").  I never got why she is famous either.   But then I don't get the whole "influencer" thing.   I figure you have to have DONE something or be an expert or something to be able to "influence" others.   Because why would you do something, buy something, wear something just because some twit on Instagram was promoting it?     

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Chrissy Teigen was subjected to sexual and racial harassment on line.   Chrissy Teigen is a twit who craves attention, hence the oversharing and interaction with "randos" online.   Both can be true.   The latter does not make the former acceptable ("well she put herself out there what did she expect?").  I never got why she is famous either.   But then I don't get the whole "influencer" thing.   I figure you have to have DONE something or be an expert or something to be able to "influence" others.   Because why would you do something, buy something, wear something just because some twit on Instagram was promoting it?     

I agree! NO ONE deserves to have sexual and racial harassment - including (if not especially) online! And if one is annoyed at her and her husband's Tweets, why not just ignore them  and read other things instead of using that as an excuse to behave so vilely?  

I'm no fan of either her or her husband but they seem just vaguely annoying via their possible oversharing rather than actually toxic, so I don't see why they got those responses (and for anyone to cheer a miscarriage is just wantonly cruel)

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I really rolled my eyes at her "My life goal is to make people happy". It actually seems sincere, but at the same time seems delusional and twit-ish.

But I agree. Her having a fake job, and being a delusional twit, doesn't invite other forms of abuse.  This is tricky, because I'm sure someone out there, maybe even Chrissy herself, might consider me a mean bully for harping on her seeming lack of talent and annoyingness. But I reserve the right to think that about her, but be disgusted about other treatment she's received. Certainly anyone not being sensitive to her miscarriage is a... bad person... full stop.  No qualifiers. 

I think our current reality is filled with mixed situations like this to navigate.  People we have to respect on one level, even if there are other levels where we don't. 

• Love 9
On 3/22/2021 at 4:45 PM, vibeology said:

No kidding. How many years does Leo's girlfriend (who he has known since she was a literal child!) have before she hits 25 and he quickly finds a new 21 year old? Leo gets older and his girlfriends stay the same age.

Hold on, who's he dating now? His girlfriends are eerily interchangable. 

• Love 1

Sometimes I wonder what our world would be like right now if there was no social media.  On the one hand social media has enabled people who otherwise would have never met or reconnected to do just that.  But on the other hand it has enabled people who have never met or reconnected to do just that.  For some people that is a good thing.  Friends who have lost touch find each other again. For some people that is a bad thing. People reach out to old flames and cheat on their spouses.  Disinformation is spread like manure.  But lots of money is raised for worthy causes.

I think the problem is when people start living their lives in response to social media.  They find validation through how many people like their posts or how many times their tweets are retweeted.

39 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I really rolled my eyes at her "My life goal is to make people happy". It actually seems sincere, but at the same time seems delusional and twit-ish.

I think Chrissy's life goal should be to make herself happy.  She has a husband and two adorable kids.  She is very blessed.  I doubt anything on Twitter can compare to that.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Hold on, who's he dating now? His girlfriends are eerily interchangable. 

He is currently dating model Camila Morrone. She is 23, turning 24 in June so she's got about a year left before he dumps her at 25. She's Al Pacino's step-daughter (not legally but he was with her mom for years and years) and they are family friends.

She met Leo when she was 12 and he was 34.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Because why would you do something, buy something, wear something just because some twit on Instagram was promoting it?     

I mean, how much time do you have? The short version is you buy things in a vain attempt to look like the pretty person even if the pretty person is pretty because of genetics, plastic surgery, being rich, etc. 

When I talk about her wanting to be an asshole it's because this was her old internet persona before her "desire to be liked" made her self-edit. I'm not saying people can't learn and change but Chrissy did not start as the kind of influencer who just posted vague inspirational quotes. That said, like many other women online she got disproportionate backlash simply for existing when she was not peddling offensive "humor" and especially when certain groups attacked her for her politics. 

https://www.distractify.com/trending/2018/12/21/R9Vt1go/chrissy-teigen-old-tweets

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Sometimes I wonder what our world would be like right now if there was no social media.  On the one hand social media has enabled people who otherwise would have never met or reconnected to do just that.  But on the other hand it has enabled people who have never met or reconnected to do just that.  For some people that is a good thing.  Friends who have lost touch find each other again. For some people that is a bad thing. People reach out to old flames and cheat on their spouses.  Disinformation is spread like manure.  But lots of money is raised for worthy causes.

Social media is a tool.   It's neither good nor bad.   it's how you use it.   People who cheat on their spouses are going to cheat, whether with an old flame or not.   Please who are going to spread disinformation, well that's what chain letters were in the old days.   People who seek validation through likes were always going to seek external validation.   

It is what it is.   Chrissy Teigen will be back because she needs external validation.   Hopefully she figures that out and finds a way to do internal validation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Social media is a tool.   It's neither good nor bad.   it's how you use it.   People who cheat on their spouses are going to cheat, whether with an old flame or not.   Please who are going to spread disinformation, well that's what chain letters were in the old days.   People who seek validation through likes were always going to seek external validation.   

It is what it is.   Chrissy Teigen will be back because she needs external validation.   Hopefully she figures that out and finds a way to do internal validation.

We had a world without social media, and the world had just as many evils. 

Instagram is the new version of magazine ads and television commercials. With DVR and streaming services, I don’t know the last time I watched a commercial on TV. I don’t know the last time I picked up a magazine. I do know that my social media (and even on Primetimer) shows me targeted ads. And YES, I am going to buy a Strathberry purse because dammit I want one and every time I look at a website, there’s a Strathberry ad. 

I’m all for people disconnecting for their own mental health, but yeah, most come back.

My Twitter and Instagram are carefully curated.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I don't get the whole "influencer" thing.   I figure you have to have DONE something or be an expert or something to be able to "influence" others.   Because why would you do something, buy something, wear something just because some twit on Instagram was promoting it?

The Kardashianification of America the world.

• Love 4